SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited April 2019 in Social Groups
This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the MAY Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the MAY Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Becky - @Beka3695
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @melissafeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @lindamtuck2018

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for APRIL. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited April 2019
    AHH... MAY is among us.
    Can I finally stick to some goals? Maybe.. Maybe Not but I am going to try.
    I am Julie, one of the team captains. I work 2 jobs and I have an almost senior in high school.
    I am happy that the weather is finally getting nice as I love walking on my lunch break. It gives me some ME time.. that I really get too much of because my son is always at school, work or with his girlfriend. I am single and trying to date... Dating in 2019 is not easy one bit. So many trust issues because of social media and people always looking for better.

So May Goals
    5 miles daily
    Log everything the morning of and consume nothing but i logged
    Lose 5 lbs
    Be in bed at 1030pm Sunday - Friday
    Be up at 630am every morning except Sunday (my only day off from both jobs)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited April 2019
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, your late to the game Captain and Mod. @boehle is my Captain counterpart. We are here to help you in
    any way possible to make your journey a success. @lindamtuck2018 is our fitness motivator. Please keep in mind, we are all on the journey, too.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters, 21 and 16, and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 221 in October.

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

I am a noobie runner. I have ran multiple 5ks and the Atlanta Peachtree Road race and a 15k this past year . I completed my first Half Marathon on March 9th!!! In all honesty, I just wanted the 13.1 sticker for my car... LOL

My Stats
    5'7' and 42
    HW:242 - October 2016
    LW:174 - December 2017 for about 9 months
    CW:220s

May Goals
    NOT GAIN
    Post to the thread daily

I will be out of town more than half the month on two different trips.... May will be a challenge for me!!! Due to being out of town for the biggest part of the month (gone 3 of the 4 weekends) I will be on the Support team for the month, but back in June.

We have a lot of veterans on this team, but will have a lot of new folks, too. Please feel free to ask questions -even if you think they are silly. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.

Please make your journals public. I mainly ask this bc I get bored and will stalk your stuff for new ideas. Again- you might have the trick that someone else needs.

Let's have fun and SHRINK OUR ASSETS!!!!!!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Good Afternoon Fat2Fit Challengers

As you all may or may not know, our own Greg ( @navydaddjtc ) lost his mother after a long and difficult illness. In a show of support and to help let Greg know he has our support and is in our thoughts - I ask that each of us pause for a moment of reflection and then post a heart or a rose on the Workout Warriors Team Thread or in your own thread with Greg (@Navydaddjtc) tagged in the message...

Let's help share in his loss and help him through these difficult times...!

Steve

0zdhkfvyob4h.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, your late to the game Captain and Mod. @boehle is my Captain counterpart. We are here to help you in
    any way possible to make your journey a success. @lindamtuck2018 is our fitness motivator. Please keep in mind, we are all on the journey, too.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters, 21 and 16, and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 221 in October.

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

I am a noobie runner. I have ran multiple 5ks and the Atlanta Peachtree Road race and a 15k this past year . I completed my first Half Marathon on March 9th!!! In all honesty, I just wanted the 13.1 sticker for my car... LOL

My Stats
    5'7' and 42

May Goals
    NOT GAIN
    Post to the thread daily

I will be out of town more than half the month on two different trips.... May will be a challenge for me!!! Due to being out of town for the biggest part of the month (gone 3 of the 4 weekends) I will be on the Support team for the month, but back in June.

We have a lot of veterans on this team, but will have a lot of new folks, too. Please feel free to ask questions -even if you think they are silly. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.

Please make your journals public. I mainly ask this bc I get bored and will stalk your stuff for new ideas. Again- you might have the trick that someone else needs.

I always make my journals public, but I dont think anyone is looking at them or interested....just FYI....
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Tomorrow Will be rest day for me. I'm getting my IUD tomorrow and expect to be in some pain
  • LaurieWrobo
    Baseball Challenge:
    4/30
    Steps 8,579
    Walk 34 min
    Bike 21 min
    Weights 15 min
  • Beka3695
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

My Stats
    5'7' and 42

May Goals
    NOT GAIN
    Post to the thread daily

I always make my journals public, but I dont think anyone is looking at them or interested....just FYI....

I haven't journal stalked in a while... I need to get back to it. I would often stalk but never comment :D
  • LaurieWrobo
    Weigh-In
    Since April Chat is Closed, here is mine:
    PW: 162.9
    CW: 162.9

No loss, but no gain either - which is a good thing, trying to get back at it w/workouts; I couldn't log this from my phone so had to do it on computer....Community was not working on phone.....
  • Beka3695
    @lauriewrobo we figured we would go ahead and close April and move on over to MAGNIFICANT MAYYYY!

I have had issues on both phone and computer lately... the computer FINALLY started letting me like stuff again and I find on my phone I have to log in multiple times. Almost always a work around....
  • Beka3695
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Feeling the need for a vent... Sorry in advance!

I have a family wedding this weekend and there's been a lot of fighting among the family. Not with me personally, but I'm feeling super stressed with it all. And super stressed me is garbage to my body, I just want to eat everything in sight. It's like I don't want to go on Saturday so I'm eating my way out of my dress. I really really really don't want to go, but I will.

I'd done so well in April and I'm ruining it. My husband is also super stressed with work, so together stressed we just buy takeout and hibernate.

Last night was the first time I've cooked in over a week. That's how bad it has got.

I'm hoping that once the weekend is over I can get my focus back. We drive home on Monday and I'll face the scales Tuesday.

Sorry for the mind dump, hoping a vent helps me get some kind of motivation back.

No need to apologize for leaning on your FIT FAM!!! This is what we are here for!

THIS is why I have been MIA. Honestly, seeing you struggling with something so similar is comforting to me. It reminds me that WE ARE HUMAN. We have emotions and we are REAL!!!

Congrats on cooking. That is a first step towards getting back on track. How did it feel to prepare a meal for the two of you?

Is it possible to ignore your family until you are actually AT the wedding? I am learning the importance of taking a step back... learning to say NO. It is ok to not do everything that everyone asks you to do.

STEPH - you are a STRONG STRONG woman! You are dealing with not only personal stress, but family stress and fibromyalgia on top of that! Take care of YOU and everything else will fall into place!

HUGS!!!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Feeling the need for a vent... Sorry in advance!

I have a family wedding this weekend and there's been a lot of fighting among the family. Not with me personally, but I'm feeling super stressed with it all. And super stressed me is garbage to my body, I just want to eat everything in sight. It's like I don't want to go on Saturday so I'm eating my way out of my dress. I really really really don't want to go, but I will.

I'd done so well in April and I'm ruining it. My husband is also super stressed with work, so together stressed we just buy takeout and hibernate.

Last night was the first time I've cooked in over a week. That's how bad it has got.

I'm hoping that once the weekend is over I can get my focus back. We drive home on Monday and I'll face the scales Tuesday.

Sorry for the mind dump, hoping a vent helps me get some kind of motivation back.

No need to apologize for leaning on your FIT FAM!!! This is what we are here for!

THIS is why I have been MIA. Honestly, seeing you struggling with something so similar is comforting to me. It reminds me that WE ARE HUMAN. We have emotions and we are REAL!!!

Congrats on cooking. That is a first step towards getting back on track. How did it feel to prepare a meal for the two of you?

Is it possible to ignore your family until you are actually AT the wedding? I am learning the importance of taking a step back... learning to say NO. It is ok to not do everything that everyone asks you to do.

STEPH - you are a STRONG STRONG woman! You are dealing with not only personal stress, but family stress and fibromyalgia on top of that! Take care of YOU and everything else will fall into place!

HUGS!!!

Thank you!! <3

We are human! Think we’re definitely too tough on ourselves. I’m hoping it eggs off a bit now (I think that’s a saying haha) got all my bags packed and we’re heading over in the morning. It will be all over by Sunday and I’m sure it will be fine on the day. I can feel that skinny motivation under there somewhere so I expect her to be full blown Phoenix by Tuesday.

We can do this and get back to onederland!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    Monday
    4/29/19
    Shrinking Assets
    @171lake double + homerun
    @LaurieWrobo single + single
    @lindamtuck2018 strike
    @boehle double + triple
    @alexis1616 strike
    @iladyt single + single

Tuesday
    4/30/19
    Shrinking Assets
    @171lake double + single
    @LaurieWrobo single + triple
    @lindamtuck2018 double + triple
    @boehle
    @alexis1616 strike
    @iladyt single + single

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    Boy am I ever glad May is here. We totalled our car in early April and it has been a headache since trying to get things straightened out. We picked up our new car last night, so I can breath again.

Anyways, my name is Linda and I am married. I live in London, Ontario and I have three children. I have 2 granddaughters and another grandchild is on the way. Sometimes that makes me feel so old but the truth is losing this weight is allowing me to be more active with them.

I love to walk and I try to every day. The weather is starting to get nicer, so great walking weather is coming. I want to start strength training twice a week.

My goals for May

Lose 8 pounds
    Strength train x2/week
    Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks daily
    Get a pedicure
    Get my hair done

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Hi, this is my fourth month on the challenge, I'm Australian, mum to a 13 yr old.

I eat low carb, moderate protein, moderate healthy fats, and avoid processed and refined foods. I've recently started dabbling with intermittent fasting to help reverse my insulin resistance (I'm also on Metformin). In recent months I've worked to improve my sleep, so I am going to bed earlier than I used to (naturally a night-owl), and not feeling as tired during the day. I was an epic snorer and disturbing my husband's sleep until I lost some weight in the last three months, so that is a non-weight-goal that has been achieved, for which he is very thankful!

Stress can be an issue for me - my daughter has a major depressive disorder and anxiety, and it has been difficult getting her the help she needs. She has missed a lot of school and I have to supervise her studies at home, so my life is largely revolving around her and her needs. Things can turn upside down very quickly, and in those moments there isn't space to think or care about anything but the immediate problem. However, I have stopped stress eating, and have been able to stick pretty well to my diet these last three months as well as increase my exercise and understanding of health so I don't think I'll have the same diet related problems as I have in the past.

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    40 years
    Highest Weight: 263.5lbs/119.5kg (Sunday 27th January 2019)
    May Challenge Start Weight: 222.7lbs /101kg (Monday, 29th April)
    May Challenge Goal Weight: 214lbs /97kg

Additional May goals: keep up regular walking, strength training twice per week, incorporate fasting into schedule..
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    @ShowKitten I hope you survive the family wedding okay! Family is a tough one - stirs up all kinds of stress for me too. During the Christmas holiday period I actually walked out and missed a family gathering after finding some of my family's behaviour just too stressful to tolerate. It had me rethinking why we go to the trouble of having Christmas with them when it makes me feel so bad. But it is love/hate, there are good times amongst the bad, and blood runs deep.
  • NayaSaidSo
    NayaSaidSo Posts: 157 Member
    Baseball 5/1
    49 mins exercise
    90 mins dance class
    13578 steps - cleaning the house
    Great day today
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Hi this is my 2nd month on this challenge! I’m from Australia and I’m 24 ☺️ I love strength training, and most of my goals are performance oriented now, which I find much more healthy than just basing my success or failure on numbers on the scale.

Last month was filled with a lot of stress, so I’m hoping that this month is a lot more stress free and relaxing for me, because I do admit that I could better deal with stress than bingeing.

PW 142.2
    CW 141.1

• alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Baseball 1/5

130 mins of strength and cardio exercise
    5900 steps
This discussion has been closed.