Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Took a day off
    Goal/Day: Did a little shopping this morning, packed today for a trip next week. Fought some major cravings.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday (5/4)

Calories: under, Limit: 1500/Actual: 1242
    Water: 32 cups
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (From the Ashes - 34 minutes, walked additional to reach an hour; Walking on Broken Glass - 40 minutes); 12,166 steps
    Day: The voices were loud as I tried to eat calling me piggy and other things. I ignored them as best I could and finished my breakfast anyways. There were other tactile things today like feeling like I was covered in dirt. I have had my moments of feeling normal though. The walking helped as usual. Been hooking (crocheting) today as well. I went through and got out all my small clothes because I'm a 24W now. It's time to stop wearing clothes hanging off of me. I completed my chapter I was supposed to read today and will write the report tomorrow, due to the symptoms it took a bit. I may be struggling, but I'm not giving up.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 90 mins of cardio
    Goal/Day: Today was the 1st day of a 21 day challenge my bootcamp is doing. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be when I was told participants had to follow a strict meal plan. The meal plan is surprisingly okay, it's almost the same as I was already eating, except I'll miss having some lean beef. Well time to relax and enjoy watching the Lion King 🤗
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday 5/4
    May the fourth be with you!

Track: yes
    Calories: over by 365
    Exercise: no

I went over on calories but I yesterday I hardly ate, so hopefully it will even out! :wink:
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Thanks… working hard, to be honest with me and stop hiding my feelings. lol “skulls, I am your father!” Yes, hopefully, it evens out. Have a good night.
    @ala155 ~ Yeah 👏 a loss!!
    @j0d13mcc ~ Thanks, Jo. I’m truly working hard to make this a true lifestyle change. A sleepover and a lot of walking. I’m sure a lot of laughing, too. Fun times!! Glad you’re up and about!
    @jupdyke ~ Jen - Keep fighting those cravings! Hope the trip is for fun. Safe travels.
    @MaelynMayhem~ So glad you posted and pushed through your struggles today. Proud of you. Keep fighting. Again, low calories, lots of water, and a lot of exercises!! You’re doing good. Never. Ever. Give up. Good job!!
    @ajaia2001~ I love a good challenge. 21 days of something different… yeah! A good Saturday on the plan. Good job!

Tomorrow is weigh in for me. So I made sure that I stuck to plan and still had some "fun" food.

Daily Post (Saturday 5/04
    Track: Yes! Every calorie, every bit, every sip; and hit diary complete.
    Calories: 1600 allowed / 1397 consumed
    Exercise:
    8+ water: 14+ cups
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day: 45m= 14m walk, 10m up/lo/ab cardio, 5m stroll w/dog & hubby, 10m walk, 6m bike.
    • Night Routine:
      ~Wash face / Brush Hair
      ~Hot tea
      ~One snack after dinner -
      ~Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    Username: Victorious55
    Weigh in week: May 6
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 150.2
    Today's Weight: 148.0
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: Victorious55
    Weigh in week: May 6
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 150.2
    Today's Weight: 148.0

Awesome loss!!! Congrats!
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Username: MHarper522
    Weigh in week: May 1
    Weigh in day: Friday (sorry I'm late)
    Previous Week's weight: 218.2
    Today's Weight: 213.6
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MHarper522 wrote: »
    Username: MHarper522
    Weigh in week: May 1
    Weigh in day: Friday (sorry I'm late)
    Previous Week's weight: 218.2
    Today's Weight: 213.6

I'm happy you are still partaking in the challenge. Great loss!! Congrats!
  • johicks
    Options
    RunTrackMinds(RTM)
    * * May Week 1* *April 28th - May 4th * *
    💥💥 29 out of 38 of us weighed in, and 24 had a loss or stayed the same! So Awesome!💥💥
    tl3pk0at2ga5.gif
    Hip Hip Hooray!! The following posted daily for the RTM Mini-challenge:
    t0sk9vovgb97.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:
    qaw7dqyz1n14.gifma0aoxl6qe1t.jpg
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sunday, May check in (Week 2)
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 224.0

Wow, I missed a lot since last check in! Gosh, so many new post! I'm going to try to stay active with post all next week. I'm trying to get to 220lbs or less by June 1.

@johicks I read some of your personal post. You're are so transparent. This seems like a family hood. Some of the things you shared where so personal. Thanks for sharing with me.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    username:MaelynMayhem
    Week: Sunday, May Week 2 (5/05)
    PW: 268.4
    CW: 266.2

One thing I did well: Getting my walks in every day, despite wherever my head might have been at. Sometimes I have just got to get up and do it because the motivation is NOT there.
    One thing to improve on: Getting my full night's rest. I'm not really doing that right now. I'm waking up too early right now, partly due to bad dreams, but also just not going back to bed when I wake up early in the morning.
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: May Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 138.2
    CW= 137.6

I have been at a conference for work this week and wasn’t able to weigh until today (my weigh in day)- finally I have a loss. I haven’t been able to catch up on how everyone’s doing either but hope to this wk. I’m renovating a vintage trailer and working FT so need to make an opening to read your inspirations and maybe give some 😁 Have a great week everyone!! ❤️
  • johicks
    Options
    @Toyota100 ~ your June 1st goal seems doable. It’s just about 4 weeks away and that would be 1# per week. Have you made the plan as to “how” to make that goal? I’ve read they say to focus on things that you can do versus just a broad statement of exercising more and eating less. Some examples are:
    • I’m going to add a salad to dinner at least 5x/week.
    • I’m going to increase my water by 2 glasses every day by 5pm.
    • Meal prep every week to have snacks or go-to meals, when I planning is more difficult.
    • Increase exercise by 5minutes every day.
    • Have one exercise session of 30+ minutes / per week this month.
    • I’m going to decrease my calories by 100 calories 5x this week.
    ALL: 💗 Thank you 💗 for allowing me to post w/o judgment. I am truly working hard to figure out why I lose; then later, gain. I feel that this needs to be part of my process. And unfortunately, it’s easier to disclose to strangers what goes on in my mind and behind closed doors because of people judging. Not many understand the struggle of losing weight; PLUS all that life throws at them internally or externally. I want this journey to be transparent and effective. So I hope it helps others to reach goals by processing life, while on their weight-loss journey. We can do this together, and this time... Make it stick!!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ Look at you losing, week after week. So awesome!! A good goal to improve upon 🛌💤 SLEEP! 😴 You can do it. Yes, you do very well on getting your walks in every day. Discipline outweighs motivation. And you have great discipline, more than you might realize. I’m excited to be on this journey with you.
    ALL: Motivation is an emotion. It’s that initial feeling of I WANT THIS!! Whereas, a determination is the action of THIS is what I am going to do EVERY DAY to make what I want a reality.
    @LuluLovingLife~ WoooooHooooo!! 👏 A loss! Spring does tend to be busy, for sure. And we want to be outside a little more. We look forward to more posts 👭and your friendship and support.

We’re off to a great start for Week #2 - 3 weigh-ins and 3 losses!!

Always, remember we are . . .
    2lx17oem5ecd.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None
    Day: Went out for girls night happy hour that turned into dinner. NSV: I ordered a salad for dinner instead of tacos and only ordered 2 cocktails I wanted to try then switched to lower calorie vodka soda instead of drinking high calorie margaritas all night. Calories were still over as I did have some of the chips and guacamole, but a far better Friday than I've had in awhile. I also did my best to track instead of just not tracking like I have in the past.

Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Over
    Exercise: None
    Day: A relaxing Saturday with the BF. I turned down going to meet friends at a bar in an effort to save calories and money. I'm working on minimizing social events that cost money to once a week for financial and maintaining a healthy lifestyle reasons. Trying to strike a balance and practice moderation on the weekends. BF and I are trying to move out into a more expensive place so its time to get serious about saving money!

Since everyone has been so transparent on here about their journey, struggles, and mental health, especially @johicks and @MaelynMayhem, I feel safe and comfortable sharing the family news that I received on Thursday that I've been struggling with this weekend. My 16 year old cousin was placed in a behavioral health treatment center on Tuesday because she planned to kill herself this month. Her and I are close and I knew of her mental health struggles and we've talked about them on numerous occasions, she struggles with self harm and suicidal thoughts. This is the first time she planned it out though, so when her mom found out she brought her to the treatment center. They are adjusting her meds, she is participating in therapy, and hopefully they can develop a treatment plan that is effective. I am so thankful that her plan was discovered and she is still with us. Her treatment center is an hour and a half from my house, so I will be making a day trip there today to visit her. Thank you all for making this a safe space to not only talk about our weight loss journey but others things going on in our lives that certainly contributes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At the very least, these posts and discussions remind me that none of us are alone in how we feel, our struggles, and our victories.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Username: Jod13Mcc
    Weigh in day :Sunday
    Week: May week 2
    PW =183.86
    CW=186.29

Gutted that I've gained this week, although its not entirely unexpected. Still I'm active again this week so hopefully that will help.

Sunday:
    5/5
    Tracking: yes under 1256/1500
    Exercise: did my 10,000 steps+
    Goal/day: today was a good day. I walked alot which I see as a step toward getting back to the gym. I'm aiming to do a 5km fun run in July which really means I need to get onto the running. Fingers crossed I can get back to it this week or next!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, May Week 2 (5/05)
    PW: 260.8
    CW: 253.6
    💥💣BOOM! 💣💥

One thing I did well: Adjusted my calories to allow a little more to prevent binging. 1600 calories 2x/ week, then the rest of the week 1200-1300 calories. I think 2x I was closer to 1400.
    One thing to improve: Increase exercise from 10min to 15min per session & add some chair exercises to get in some resistance.

Wow...awesome loss @johicks.
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    d897mi3mkv8m.gif
    Okay… exciting news for Week #1 in May in the Biggest Loser Challenge. Not only did one of our team members take #1 spot, out of all the teams, for losing the most; we also took #2 AND our team lost the most!! Whoooop Whooop!!
    So let’s hear it for @jupdyke, @_Cece_x and @RunTrackMinds!!
    Congratulations honour top three.
    Run Track Minds
    1st - @Jupdyke. - 4.74% - 7.6 lbs
    2nd - @Ceces_life. - 2.71% - 6.5 lbs
    3rd - @peacekeace - 2.31% -5.4 lbs

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 14.6 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 29.0 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 30.9 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 39.4 lbs. 28% of the total lost by all 5 teams!
    Flab-U-Less - 26.5 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 140.4 lbs

AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER@Jupdyke. - 4.74%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO RUN TRACK MINDS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

May Week 1 is now in the books!

Week 1 of a new month is always a great time for a reset and commitment, great job everyone!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Jupdyke. - 4.74%
    2nd - @Ceces_life. - 2.71%
    3rd - @EnyaGoBoom. - 2.38%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Run Track Minds. - 0.70%
    2nd - Gutbusters. - 0.51%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.47%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @EnyaGoBoom. - 2.38%
    2nd - @Tracie_Lord. - 1.86%
    3rd - @mickey10111. - 1.33%

The Slimsons
    1st - @aadubb. - 2.20%
    2nd - @Digger61. - 2.14%
    3rd - @amanda_3588. - 1.58%

Gutbusters
    1st - @bdashnay. - 2.13%
    2nd - @audreypawdrey. - 1.62%
    3rd - @deanit. - 1.53%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @Jupdyke. - 4.74%
    2nd - @Ceces_life. - 2.71%
    3rd - @peacekeace. - 2.31%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @LeighAnn2871. - 1.67%
    2nd - @gloliver3. - 1.56%
    3rd - @LenGray. - 1.49%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @Jupdyke. - 7.6 lbs.
    2nd - @Ceces_life. - 6.5 lbs.
    3rd - @gloliver3. - 5.8 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 14.6 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 29.0 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 30.9 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 39.4 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 26.5 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 140.4 lbs

• johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 5/05)
    Track: Yes! Every calorie, every bit, every sip; and hit diary complete.
    Calories: 1600 allowed / 1597 consumed
    Exercise:
    8+ water: 8 cups
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day: 25m= 25m at one time (8m up/lo cardio +6m stroll w/dog & hubby + 11m bike.)
    • Night Routine:
      ~Change clothes & Attitude
      ~Wash face / Brush Hair
      ~Hot tea
      ~One snack after dinner - NO snack! YESSS!
      ~Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”
    Today hubby went without any alcohol. I took a lot of deep breaths and he’s doing better then I expected. We took another stroll together. And I did all my minutes at all consecutively.
    Instead of different times throughout the day. Fortunately, tacos feel like “fun” food for me and we planned it together; so my choices were easy. I just needed to be aware of me being patient with him. We still have a couple of hours before bed, but I think we are over day #1 hump. I still have more water/tea to drink but no calories. The kitchen is CLOSED! So that’s it, folks. Another successful day is in the books.
This discussion has been closed.