MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

I am Jen a Slimpossible captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator Terri (@tess5036). We are currently looking for one more Motivator so if you are interested feel free to message me.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - this is something the team captains post. We’ve fallen behind a little on these challenges with so many other things happening in the challenge. If you have any suggestions for challenges please post here or send me a message.

Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

I’ll go ahead with introduction - as mentioned earlier my name is Jen. I am 43 years old, married with two kids and work full time outside of the house. I live in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. Spring is starting to happen here which has been awesome.

I’ve been using MFP for a couple of years steady and been a part of this group for almost as long. I love this challenge group. I have learned so much about fat loss, good habits and heathy living from the people on here. Although my journey has been slow as well as up and down I have learned a lot about myself (and have a tonne of patience!!) I feel like I am rounding a corner and things are starting to change for the better. I am trying not to get too ahead of myself - day by day is my motto lately but we will see what May brings. I have renewed optimism is all I can say.

Well, everyone - cheers to a great month! Looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK ONE GROUP CHALLENGE PROVIDED BY THE WORKOUT WARRIORS
    BEST GROUP CHALLENGE EVER'......
    THIS WEEKS GROUP CHALLENGE IS SPONSORED IN PART BY THE WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM
    HERE IS HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK
    THIS A TEAM CHALLENGE MEANING YOU COMPETE WITHIN YOUR OWN TEAM....
    THE CHALLENGE IS ..
    THE MOST STEPS IN THE WEEK
    ..SO TEAM CAPTAINS YOU COPY AND PASTE BLANK ROWS ON THE STEP SPREADSHEET TO ALLOW ROOM FOR THOSE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THIS CHALLENGE.
    THE MOST WEIGHT LOST IN A WEEK......
    ... THIS WILL BE DONE ON THE SPREAD SHEET FOR THE WEEK
    THE MOST WATER DRANK IN THE WEEK
    THIS CAN BE KEPT ON THE DAILY CHECK OR HOWEVER YOUR TEAM DOES THAT

NOW IF YOUR THE WINNER FROM YOUR TEAM I WILL MAKE YOU A CERTIFICATE AND E MAIL IT TO YOU AND I WILL POST IT ON THE TEAM THREAD AND IN THE CAPT'S LOUNGE FOR EACH TEAM WINNER.

THE ONLY RULE IS THAT YOU HAVE TO BE THE WINNER IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES...TEAM CAPTAINS WILL HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON YOUR TEAM IF THERE IS TIE THE MODS WILL MAKE THE FINAL CALL WITH THE ADVICE OF THE TEAM CAPTAINS

NOW LETS HAVE SERIOUS TRASH TALKING AND SOME SERIOUS FUN.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Daily check in: May 4
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: yes was doing yard work until my wife caught me ( 10 days post surgery )
    have a blessed Sunday
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Last call for Baseball Challenge stats

@Kres567
    @Fitgirllife72
    @tess5076
    @AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020
    @Jactop

Check the score sheet and see if there are any stats I missed. Thanks for participating in the challenge.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1brwcKsCNHTXQVlsvChTZVndGRU1zLPbAL_Fr7mfpYVI/edit#gid=1113849311
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Last call for Baseball Challenge stats

@AustinRuadhain
    @Jactop

Check the score sheet and see if there are any stats I missed. Thanks for participating in the challenge.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1brwcKsCNHTXQVlsvChTZVndGRU1zLPbAL_Fr7mfpYVI/edit#gid=1113849311

Hi @Jactop!

Thanks so much for running the baseball game. It was very motivating! Here's my summary report for the last week:

MAY 4 (Saturday)
    Workout Time: 110 minutes (TRIPLE)
    Steps: 11,590 (DOUBLE)

MAY 3 (Friday)
    Workout Time: 45 min (SINGLE)
    Steps: 9,795 (SINGLE)

MAY 2 (Thursday)
    Workout Time: 55 min (DOUBLE)
    Steps: 8,105 (SINGLE)

MAY 1 (Wednesday)
    Workout Time: 82 min (DOUBLE)
    Steps under 7500, so no more baseball points

APR 30 (Tuesday)
    Workout Time: 54 min (DOUBLE)
    Steps: 10,393 (DOUBLE)

APR 29 (Monday)
    Workout Time: 123 min (HOMERUN)
    Steps: under 7500, so no more baseball points
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Hey team.
    Insights anyone?
    I’m feeling pretty emotional.
    I got on the scale this morning ( and yes I am menstruating) and the scale says I’m the heaviest I’ve been in my entire life. I don’t understand how I’ve put on THAT MUCH. And increSe of ten pounds in less than a week.
    I’m devastated.
    Haven’t been feeling well .
    I’m doing weights/cardio 3 times a week. Not dieting but staying within a normal range of calories of about 14-1600 a day .
    I did do extreme dieting for a long time and my body was used to operating at low cals but I literally can’t do that anymore.
    I feel on the verge of panic.
    I’m tired of all the diets and bandwagons that people say is the best things. I’ve tried them all . Literally. I have had thyroid checked in the past too and seems normal ( despite family history)

Don't despair or give up, we've all been there *hugs*

Firstly, that will not all be true weight gain (fat). To put on a pound of fat takes roughly 3500 calories surplus (well actually slightly more for most people). So, unless you have eaten 35,000 extra calories, then it's not all fat, and I bet you are no where near that, as you haven't been eating at that level of surplus!!!!

I have seen scales change that amount, and its usually a combination of things, I'll list just some of them, I expect several will apply and when combined together may account for a good chunk of that shift in the weight on the scales.

1. If you are doing weights and cardio, you are building muscle, and that requires you to cause microtears in your muscles which then heal stronger. The muscle requires a greater level of fluid retention to repair, this can account for several pounds.

2. If you have eaten more carbs than usual this will increase weight; for every 1 g of carbs you eat, your body will retain approximately 2.9 g of fluid to process it. This can add up quickly

3. If you have eaten more salt than usual you will also retain more fluid

4. If you are stressed or sleeping badly y7ou will stimulate cortisol, which also causes some weight gain (if you want more details let me known, but that is quite complex).

5. At any point in time there will be food and drink in your system, regardless of the calories, this will have a weight, so can increase weight ion the scales. This may also be exacerbated if you haven't been to the bathroom for a while.

6. Are the scales in exactly the same place, a small shift or placing them on the carpet can change the results,. up or down, and by quite a bit. Likewise, if the scales are near a heat source, it can muck up the calibration in some scales. Batteries on the scales may also be worth checking.

7. Time of the month for women

8. Illness (of feeling ill which may mean you have a mild virus or infection) also causes temporary weight gain as your body retains fluids to repair itself.

9. Medication or alcohol can cause temporary weight gain
    @tess5036 your list is so true! I forgot about the body building muscle repair which would equate to a few pounds. Not much but a few . I am not powerlifting it still 80 kg leg press and 20 kg sumo squats are still reasonably heavy. Definitely feeling the tone increasing in legs and shoulders .
    Thanks for the support

It's amazing how a few things can all add up. , and 80kg on leg press is probably enough to do that as its ot just about weight, its also about reps.

Oh I just do 3 sets of ten for most exercises at the moment . When it gets easy I put it up
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Username:embersdream
    Sw: 203 ( end of April check in)
    Week 1: 209

Up five pounds. Up just over 9 pounds since lowest weigh in last month but going To try to be super focused this month.
    I do think I am carrying some fluid retention still too. Feel a bit puffy.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Username:embersdream
    Sw: 203 ( end of April check in)
    Week 1: 209

Up five pounds. Up just over 9 pounds since lowest weigh in last month but going To try to be super focused this month.
    I do think I am carrying some fluid retention still too. Feel a bit puffy.

It can take 5-7 days, sometimes even more for it all to come off. I know you've got this!
  • tess5036
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories (and carbs); under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 2 hours, 1 hour spin, 1 hour weights
    Tomorrow; more weights sndore steps

Steps today; a poor 5,892
  • tess5036
    Options
    Fitbit owners!!!!!!

If you have a Fitbit and have not already joined our Fitbit stepping group, you would be more than welcome to join us! We have a very active group, just send me a message and I'll get you set up.

To all our existing Fitbit steppers; there are quite a few of us now so if you get an invitation and try to join a challenge and find it is fine just let me know on here, or send me a message, and we make sure you can join in!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: down
    Water: over
    Exercise: went to the outlet mall and did lots of shopping and trying on clothes!

Y'all I actually went into stores that I have NEVER been in and I tried on tops that fit me!! It has to be cut big and be blousy but I can actually fit into an XL! B) I'm right between plus size and regular sizes, which made shopping much more challenging and fun. Very motivating!!

I don't know if you need my steps for the month but here they are:
    5/1-10,375
    5/2-6962
    5/3-10,423
    5/4-10,030
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Ahh, so excited there's going to be more competition on steps; that stuff keeps me going, for real!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Steps for May 5th - 15177
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sunday Update
    Food: under, all on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: outdoor walking - 47 minutes

Monday Plans
    Food and water on plan
    Workout: martial arts practice at home, martial arts class
    Saturday Update
    Sunday Plans
    Food and water on plan
    Workout: rest day; outdoor walk this evening

You are very focused!!! Nothing beats an out door walk . Are you doing this most days?

Hey @embersdream - Thanks! I get in 3-5 long (45+ min) outdoor walks a week. Treadmill is better than nothing on bad weather days, but outdoor walks feel extra great!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Week: Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 130.3
    Today's Weight: 129.9
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories: slightly over, carbs way over
    Water: 128 oz.
    Steps: 27,097
    Exercise: 5k walk/run, gardening

NSV: I just had my blood work done. Big drop in my cholesterol. My A1C came down another point and my lymphocytes (leukemia) barely progressed.

With the exception of a few ridiculous weeks over Easter I've been eating low carb and walking 30-75 min most days. The diabetic nurse was impressed that I was able to keep my blood sugar under control with diet and exercise and not medication
  • tess5036
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in Week: Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 130.3
    Today's Weight: 129.9

Yay :smile: Nice loss!!!
  • tess5036
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Sunday check in
    Calories: slightly over, carbs way over
    Water: 128 oz.
    Steps: 27,097
    Exercise: 5k walk/run, gardening

NSV: I just had my blood work done. Big drop in my cholesterol. My A1C came down another point and my lymphocytes (leukemia) barely progressed.

With the exception of a few ridiculous weeks over Easter I've been eating low carb and walking 30-75 min most days. The diabetic nurse was impressed that I was able to keep my blood sugar under control with diet and exercise and not medication

I know a few people that have benefited from low carb, putting type 2 diabetes into remission. So glad to hear you are doing well
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Some really awesome NSVs posted recently. Way to go team!!

I’ll try and get some time tonight to organize us for the Group Challenge posted by the Workout Warriors. Keep posting your steps and water and we’ll get them added to the spreadsheet.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: no
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, walking
    today Going to the hospital to get more tests done routine follow upbecause the liver cancer
This discussion has been closed.