WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    I have to say that @Navydaddjtc is one inspiring guy. If you need more of a dose than you get here on our thread, don't hesitate to go visiting on Workout Warriors - I always find his big heart and hilarious snark to be a great combination to keep people going when they're struggling. We can give some right back if he isn't keeping his own health top of mind too! And of course, post on the TRIPLE CHALLENGE thread any time too.

It's great to see so many posting steps and water - but even if you don't want to do both (or either), let us know what you're up to, how you're doing, and what exercise beyond steps you are into, or what you are thinking if you have not yet found something that works for you. Let the conversations roll!
  • AllieMaine17
    AllieMaine17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new here. And new to MFP. I'm 29 and from the UK. I've previously followed other plans and lost 3stone but not been able to shift the last 2 stone to get to target. I thought I'd do this to hopefully boost the last bit.
    I don't really know anyone else doing this so I'm looking forward to seeing what this group entails and getting some ideas. :)
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @jugar ... are we still counting steps for May.

Steps for yesterday May 6- 17028
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I can post my steps, water is not a problem for me since that is all I drink during the day.
    May 1- 16,130
    2- 17,521
    3- 14,009
    4-12,261
    5-13,577
    6-15,123

• jugar
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new here. And new to MFP. I'm 29 and from the UK. I've previously followed other plans and lost 3stone but not been able to shift the last 2 stone to get to target. I thought I'd do this to hopefully boost the last bit.
    I don't really know anyone else doing this so I'm looking forward to seeing what this group entails and getting some ideas. :)

You are welcome here - we are at all levels of losing, maintaining, and trying to shift weight and health in general. If you have already lost 3 stone, you are doing great! 2 stone to target will take some good close attention to your food (I find this makes the biggest difference at the last bits) but also building plenty of muscle so that you burn more calories in general just keeping those muscles well fed. If there is someone in this group who seems to be close in goal, temperament, general style, or whatever - you might want to become friends and share your food and exercise diaries. This is a great way to be accountable and have someone else checking out what you do. In the chat thread here, bring any questions, frustrations, triumphs, or general chat about the journey we are all on.

There are always challenges. Right now there is one where everyone can compete (if they want to) to win a sort of triple crown for total daily steps, total daily water consumption, and the week's total weight loss. Each team will choose one winner, and the 6 teams will then put them together to choose the champion. If that is too much, we have people counting steps, and other simpler challenges for sharing about food or water. These challenges are easy to find in the "announcements" section on the main Fat2Fit page.

I hope this is a good group for you! We are a lot of Canadians and Americans, and at least a couple of UK residents. Some of the other teams have some Aussies and others. We have some expats in Germany as well. Jump in and we'll get to know you. Mostly - participate, progress (with however many bumps along the way), and play.
  • jugar
    edited May 2019
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    I can post my steps, water is not a problem for me since that is all I drink during the day.
    May 1- 16,130
    2- 17,521
    3- 14,009
    4-12,261
    5-13,577
    6-15,123

If you can also post the number of ounces (or ml) of water you drink, it can be part of this week's competition! That only begins at May 5th.
  • jugar
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »

Yes indeed! And if you want to be part of the "triple crown" competition for this week - log your water as well (May 5-11). Just let me know how many ounces or ml per day, and I'll log it! Your steps are always amazing B)

And if you have your steps for Sunday the 5th, please post them. If they were in the April thread, they are now closed. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »

Hi Kittu! Do you have steps for Sunday the 5th? If you posted them in the April thread, they are now closed. Just re-post them if you can. Thanks!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/7---17,569- I will go back and figure out my water in oz
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wow, very impressive steps!! Well done to all!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in this morning.
    PW: 184.3
    CW: 183.4
    I know this looks like loss but I've actually been hovering on 183/184 for the last 5 weeks.
    I am getting so frustrated! I can't seem to get out of it. Logging everything and staying green most days (except a little over on on the weekend).
    How do I get it going again? Grrr😡
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sunday 5/5:
    Steps: 7974
    Water: 118.3oz

Monday 5/6:
    Steps: 18816 (corrected amount)
    Water: 152.1oz

Tuesday 5/7:
    Steps: 18663
    Water: 152.1oz
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 1
    PW: 273
    CW: 270.6
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in this morning.
    PW: 184.3
    CW: 183.4
    I know this looks like loss but I've actually been hovering on 183/184 for the last 5 weeks.
    I am getting so frustrated! I can't seem to get out of it. Logging everything and staying green most days (except a little over on on the weekend).
    How do I get it going again? Grrr😡

I just saw something on my other thread about "how to tell if you are truly in a plateau, and things to try if you are" I will flip it to here.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Everyone who was due already, has reported (and been entered) already. Thanks to all the Sunday and Monday people!

Due today (Wednesday)

Fourathomej
    karenesg
    offitgoes
    Perla4686 already reported and recorded

Heads Up For Tomorrow (Thursday)
    Blackbeautysue
    Cory17
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Steps yesterday 13290
    Water 120oz
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    Week 1
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 176.8
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    THE REST OF THIS MOD CHALLENGE HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH TH REST OF THE CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10742403/week-1-mod-challenge-drink-it-up#latest
    SORRY IT WAS LATE
    I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO BE IN TOWN ALL DAY YESTERDAY
    MORE SAD NEWS FROM THE VA FOR THE FAMILY
This discussion has been closed.