an omnivore's omad journey

123457»

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    You can do it!!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I couldn't agree more, the scale staying the same for a month is a win. You should be proud of yourself for not gaining, especially considering the month you've had.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    178.4 this morning. Yesterday my husband decided to start IF with me. We had Indian food buffet. I topped it off with Halo Top at home. No naan for me, but plenty of rice. Glad to see the scale budging. Today I have friends coming for food in the evening. We'll see how this plays out...
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    O M G I love Indian food.....*mouth watering*
  • wsandy8512
    Mmmm, Indian food. I love, love, love curry dishes the most! And woot on the scale moving down for you this morning :-)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Maintaining is always better than gaining... And another positive is that you stayed in the rhythm which is half the battle for me
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm glad the scale is being nice to you, fasting will be easier with a partner :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Congrats on your loss! :+1: Indian food...love it, yum! Butter Chicken, Mango Chicken, the list goes on :yum:
  • asgentr
    I'm holding steady at 178.4. Yesterday I had a three hour window and did pretty well calorically, but again had too many carbs. Today I am making instant pot teriyaki chicken tenders, sauteed broccoli and chocolate/chia sugar-free pudding. I did some light kettlebell work. I know that it may confuse the scale, but at the rate I'm losing I can't wait to start building (or retaining) muscle. I feel pretty good. I know that I need more water and fewer carbs. I need to dump the box of cheese-its in the pantry - my daughter doesn't even ask for them anymore. One day I will be bold enough to try longer water fasts like the rest of you. Perhaps that will help the scale budge.
  • wsandy8512
    Ugh, Cheez-Its, they're evil. I support your decision to dump them, they don't even taste that good, to be honest! lol

Nicely done on the kettle bell work! Keep on keeping on :-)
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great! <3
  • asgentr
    Yesterday was a good day... I walked about 4 miles, did a little weight exercise while my LO played at the park. I replaced my candy medible with a tincture. My fast window was two hours and I logged all the calories. However, this morning the scale is back up to 179. It's not unexpected with the exercise and my tendency to stick at this weight, but I sure would like a nice scale surprise. Wooshes don't seem to happen anymore. I guess it beats gaining. KKOO
  • wsandy8512
    Yes, anything beats gaining! Glad you had a nice day today. You never know when those whooshes will come, they may not happen as often anymore, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of them :)
  • volgirl1322
    I agree---the whoosh sometimes surprises us! I am sure you will get your soon!
  • asgentr
    I was demoralized by the persistent 179 and my new medible made me super hungry, so I caved in last night and ate the worst thing possible for me: oyster crackers. Sigh. I didn't bother weighing this morning. If I can get a few on-point days in a row I will weigh again. Not losing takes much of the fun out of posting here, but it is oddly reassuring to know I have a place to "answer to."
  • wsandy8512
    I'm going to back Brenda and suggest maybe trying a stricter window. We are still very early on in the month of May and last month you had more non-OMAD days than OMAD days (going by what you wrote about maintaining your loss from when you first started OMAD but then came taxes and Easter and loads of kiddos at your house).

When you first started OMAD, you lost weight, but it wasn't too long afterwards that you were not doing it regularly. I'm not a low cal proponent though, even with OMAD, which I know makes me a bit of an oddball in the group. I ate between 1600-1800+ a few months after starting and I still lost weight. However, I splurged very rarely and my meals were heavy in vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, etc. My desserts were made with my fruit (including bananas) and chia seeds, or walnuts, etc. I ate mostly whole foods and very little processed. I did allow myself to eat out and things of that nature. I was never starved or felt deprived the entire time. Then I thought, "Okay, maybe I can open my window"... wrong, I could do a lot of damage in a few hours versus one meal and done. lol Then I got looser with splurges. Then I tried to quit smoking... and the rest is regain history. lol

Find what works for you, sweet lady, but if you want OMAD to be magical for you, you need to do it more often than not. Hugs to you :-)
  • asgentr
    I have been fasting regularly. My window is a little wider than OMAD (2-4 hours), but I count calories on MFP. I mess up perhaps two days a week at most, but most people seem to build in two days of normal eating anyway. 179.8 this morning. I guess I will just maintain for now until I can work my way up physically and mentally for a 36 hour fast. Or perhaps I will have to go back to keto.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited May 2019
    I second that as once you find what works for you, magic will happen :)
    Happy Mother's Day, sweet lady <3