WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well your why needs to be compelling. so writing out a new why is very good. i have no doubt you will figure this out. and remember the scale is just a tool. it can't control your feelings. you can choose how you feel about the scale. the number on the scale is a fact, then you have a feeling about that fact, that feeling produces an emotion, that causes you to act in a certain way. change your feeling and you will change your action. and it does make it more difficult when you time becomes more limited. mmmmm i love asparagus!!

xwrv2m3bk3vt.jpg

@Julie8468 you know by time we realize we need the skills you speak of, our other, not so functional habits are well ingrained in our minds. my mom will not tell me that. i know her all to well. but, she has now given me my why and for that i am thankful.

@hope002 i am going to do the plank challenge today. even without it you had a very good day.

@DananaNanas it is week one. how are you doing girl? i know your busy. but remember to make your health a priority.
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff

Challenge day Friday
    Water 144 oz
    Steps 18,621

No weight loss weight still 160
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Are we all ready for a spectacular Saturday??? It’s raining and we are planning to weed the rental today. Looks like we will end up looking like 2 pigs in the mud but that’s ok.
    I found a recipe for lemon vegan donuts made w maple syrup. I think I will make that with fresh strawberries for Mother’s Day dessert.
    @gingerpwr I’m still doing the abs challenge. I’m already seeing a difference.
    @julie8468 I love your story about your son. That’s great to think of being active together. Hikes are fun too.
    @cyndiesstuff glad you had a great day. Sounds like you are set for day 2 on your string. And thanks for the pic. Yup that’s me! Lol
    Have to mention that my doc martens sold on eBay!!! My first time selling. They are so pretty but way too big.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    vxmkleqiyjo1.jpeg
    Size 81/2 brand new. I now wear a 7.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    I logged my breakfast and started using daily dozen app. I weighed 148.6 this morning.
    I’m stepping off the scale until Tuesday. It’s a start. I feel more optimistic if I can stay with my workouts, log my calories and follow daily dozen nutrition app I will reach my goal.
    Going to fill my water bottle and prep for a successful day.
    We can do this!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Friday
    Food: Pre-logged, under. Ate as planned and ate mindfully. Yeah!!
    Water: 72 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 9 mile hike with the dogs; 25,910 steps

Great early morning hike with the dogs yesterday. Planned on 8 miles but did 9. Spent some time thinking about ways to eat more mindfully. Overall a pretty good day. Headed out to yoga this morning... she's bringing baby goats. I couldn't be more excited!!! Gotta run.. I need to take the dogs for a quick walk as it will be too warm for them by the time I get back from Yoga. Spring is finally here and the weather is glorious!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone...

After a bit of discussion, the moderators are going to be changing it up a bit for the remaining month of May.

We are going to be eliminating the Moderators Challenge as it stands now. Instead, we are going to try introducing a Moderators Topic of the Week. This will be spearheaded by Greg and I welcome any feedback about the change.

The Moderators Topic of the Week will be an informative (and interactive) discussion on things like nutrition, dieting, fitness, etc. and will be designed to provide more "support" to the challengers in the group.

The weekly "Team Challenge" will continue as it has right along and will continue to rotate to a different team each week. I remind the team captains that the weekly challenges do not need to be elaborate, sometimes basic is just as good if not better.

Thanks
    Steve

THANKS BOSS I'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE...
    AS STATED IN THE ABOVE I AM GOING TO DO THE RESEARCH FOR YOU......GIVE YOU THE PROS AND CONS OF THAT WEEKS TOPIC...
    REMEMBER I AM OLD, RETIRED, AND WELL USED AND DIFFERENTLY NOT A MEDICAL EXPERT BY STRETCH OF THE MEANS... SO PLEASE CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL TEAM/EXPERTS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR YOUR LIFE STYLE.
    THE ARTICLES THAT I FIND ARE FOR INFORMATION ONLY... MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN SOMETHING OR NOT.... I AM JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE FOR YOU TO MULL OVER......I WILL COVER A VAST SELECTION OF TOPICS THAT WILL HELP YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE INCLUDING FITNESS,NUTRITION, LIFE STYLES, MENTAL FITNESS ETC ETC....

IF YOU HAVE A TOPIC OR CONVERSATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEN BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW THROUGH E-MAIL....gregor5453@gmail.com ....OR PM ME THROUGH THE MFP MESSAGE CENTER....OR DROP INTO THE WARRIORS TEAM THREAD AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME THERE.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING YOU THE BEST INFORMATION I CAN BOTH GOOD AND MAYBE NOT SO GOOD..
    THANKS AS ALWAYS
    GREG
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 @cyndiesstuff

Challenge Day: Friday
    Steps: 16,108
    Water: 80 oz
    Today's weight: 163.0 pounds
  • Shirin_K
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Awesome day! What a great hike and such beautiful scenery!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 @cyndiesstuff

Challenge Day: Friday
    Steps: 11,245
    Water: 34oz
    Today's weight: 140.8
  • Julie8468
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff you’re right!! Not so functional habits are ingrained. There is no magic.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
  • Shirin_K
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Check in for: Friday
    Logged food: Yes, under
    Water: 80 oz
    Steps and Exercise: 16,108 steps, 60 minutes walking/exercise

I made all the goals I set for yesterday: Drank my water, logged food and was under calorie goal, lots of steps and enjoyed a walk with my daughter.

Today’s goals: Pre-log as much food as I can - I have a general idea of what my Mom is planning for meals this weekend. Be mindful about any treats/snacks and how much I’m eating since I won’t have a food scale. 10,000 steps.

Have great Saturday!
  • Julie8468
    Options
    @nstephenson01 - love the photo! Could be a screensaver pic!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Friday
    Logged food:No and over
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps and Exercise: 7293 and no exercise

Sorry for being MIA yesterday. It was a crazy day. Although I didn't exercise, I did have a pretty active day. I got my niece settled into a cute little apt in a very cute neighborhood. I was impressed that she did find a nice place in a safe neighborhood in Philly. I had to come back after and clean, shop and get ready for my nephew and his son. I was proud that I had gotten it all done (and quite frankly surprised) and then my husband reminded me that we had an event at his new bar. I totally forgot. His bar is opening on Wednesday so it was an employee appreciation night. Everyone who worked on the bar was invited. So I went, without a plan..It was fun but I ate and drank too much. This was totally off of my radar, I didn't even THINK about it. My concern was getting ready and getting over there and I didn't for a moment think of eating or drinking. I find that weird after all of this time planning. I have two family events on Monday and Tuesday so I already have a plan for those days. This is about showing off the bar, not me stuffing my face. I will probably eat at home and sample anything that wasn't on the menu last night. Sample not eat. I will also limit my alcohol to one or two proseccos and water. Last night was my fault for not paying attention, my glass was never empty, if I put it down, next time I picked it up it was full. I am not going to lie, it was nice being catered to, I am not used to that! Lol! Today we are heading down the shore. My daughter's are bugging me to get moving but there was no way I was going to not catch up here! Hoping for a relaxing weekend. I am not going to push steps or exercise because of my hip. It was feeling great and then I think I pushed it the other day. I also felt great on the higher dose of steriods, no pain at all, but now that it is being tapered off, the pain has returned. Ugh! Hopefully with the full steriods course and resting it will be feeling better. May walk on the beach but that is about it. Hope everyone has a great day!

@Julie8468 I am so glad that you and your son had that talk and he didn't keep his feelings bottled up. I hope your son will be receptive to the running plan. What a nice idea!
    @hope002 Awesome loss! I am not surprised at all. You have really been doing awesome! Is that actually an app for the planks? That is pretty cool! Sometimes our days don't go as planned. You didn't totally bail on the exercise, you chose two of the three and that is awesome!
    @GingerPwr I hope the relay for life went well.
    @cyndiesstuff Wow! How powerful that post was with the why. I can not believe how much rang true with me about my Mother as well. My mom for some reason is healthy physically at 85 although she has been obese her entire life. She has declined significantly mentally so we won't ever be able to really sort out our relationship however I am not sure we would have if she was well. She never saw a problem with it and I was too scared to say anything. I am glad to hear that you are planning to journal. I also journal in the morning. I have been doing it for years. It started as a diet and fitness journal but once I realized how things going on in my life effected my eating I start to journal about everything. I am glad you are going to start doing it. I always loved the just for the day exercise. I tend to get overwhelmed and to pull myself out of that and think of just this day helps. I am glad you decided to stay with us. You are really the heart of this group and it wouldn't be the same without you. You are so good at what you do. Hugs!
    @gottagetthisdown You are absolutely right-the scale does not always say what is going on with weight loss! You really have had an awesome week or two so the scale will eventually catch up.
    @eyesopennow Don't beat yourself up. Assess how your week went and what changes you can make. I know you can do this!
    @carlssoda I love how you looked at your week and saw what needed to change for next week. Great job! It is funny to think that just last summer I was so resistant to planning and now I can't live without it! I just love your stories with Lucy! She is so cute!
    @lennoncpa Maintaining is good! Hope you had a good week!
    @pacsnc6 That is basically a maintain. Keep doing what you are doing!
    @Cafelelia I like that you took accountability for your gain. It doesn't help beating yourself up so I am glad you didn't (and hopefully you aren't) . It is tough when your kids are going through something and we put ourselves on the back burner. My 19 year old daughter suffers from anxiety and it can be difficult. You are right, self care is especially important in these times but for some reason we neglect that. Hugs to you! I am glad you are back to your beloved running. I know you missed it! I have to tell you-my drink of choice is also prosecco! Lol!
    @bmaison2014 Hope your little one is feeling better! I love that you and your husband got a rowing machine! What an awesome anniversary gift!
    @lenka1 Love your attitude! You are absolutely right! You got this!
    @Shirin_K Thank you! You are such a valuable member of our team. I am glad you have been making daily plans and checking in with us! You have been doing great!
    @nstephenson01 I am so far behind with these posts I read your one line as ....walked and the dogs mowed the lawn. :D I was like damn she is a good dog trainer! Lol! I am also struggling with the overeating. Sometimes I forget and just eat and sometimes I remember and just do it anyway. It is happened a little less but I still have to figure it out. You have really come far and are doing great. We are going to figure it out! Beautiful pic! You must live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country! Did you say goats at yoga? You will have to explain at some point Lol!
    @Mrsbell8well Another super busy weekend but hopefully Sunday you can carve some time out for you. Enjoy your run and hopefully nicer weather. It is beautiful in Philly this morning! I can't believe that your shoe size changed by so much. Those boots are so cute, maybe you can exchange them? or Molly or your daughter can fit them?
    @DananaNanas How's it going? Hope all is ok
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! I love your goals. I would like to be 193 next weigh in too Lol! You are right-you are going to do it! You will be wearing that skirt soon!

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    challenge
    SW 211.4
    today's weight 205
    down 6.4
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    pxc3jrmo73f7.jpeg
    Saturday Weigh In still due
    @kirsten11872
    Sunday Weigh Ins
    @bmaison2014
    @twyla77
    Monday's Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff Thanks once again for keeping everything up to date when I went AWOL . I would have caught up but it did make it so much easier not having to. I am not sure how we are supposed to do those weights either. I am going to post mine here but not sure where we post them for the challenge. Btw-when is our challenge this month?
This discussion has been closed.