WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Shirin_K wow look at that day you had Tuesday!! that is awesome.

@Cafelelia when we hurt ourselves it is really hard to take the time to rest. you are truly a success. you have not given up. good job. and thanks for the admiration. I have learned to never give up.

@ljdanny ohhh man. sometimes I hate the doctors. it's like... he's sick, we know he's sick but can't find whats wrong. uggghhh. hang in there. I can't wait to hear the news about the baby and getting your hair done is great self care!!

@lennoncpa yes we do get you. because we have all been there. you just keep working at it! and we will get there together.

@sleepymom5 no my regular doctor would know less than I do. she would be no help. I am following another lead this morning. heres to hoping. and no, they kept her so I spent the evening at the hospital. they ran a bunch of tests. I hope she goes to rehab after this. I don't think my dad can take much more.

@Mrsbell8well wow what a busy day. thanks for stopping by and checking in! and thanks for the heart. I am feeling some better. wonder twin powers activate!!

wvcit04of5f0.png

@GingerPwr maintains are good. I know I always say that. but it is true. I know you have been stuggling. chin up. you got this. and smile, it looks good on you!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @gottagetthisdown good thinking on the scale problem. I was going to suggest you put it in your car. but what you are doing should work. it is just a bad habit. like over eating. you can break it. the longer you go without doing it the easier it will become. and soon it won't bother you as much. but remember, when you do weigh, it is still going to mess with your mind, so be careful not to slip back in the old bad habit.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    0nim6uhp1xm4.png
    Be mindful today at meal time and share what you learn tomorrow

Mindful eating example:

Breakfast
    I started eating when I got to work at 8:30. I sat at my desk. I was mildly hungry, maybe a -1. the apple was crisp and juicy. the sweet tart taste was ohhh so yummy. it was the perfect apple. I could feel it land in my stomach when I swallowed. it felt good. half way thru my breakfast, i was probably at a zero on the hunger scale. exactly where i wanted to be. my cheerio's were crisp and crunchy. like the apple, but very different as well. they were dry. i drank water to help wash them down. they were filling. i put my fist to my stomach and held it there firmly. it felt mildly full. i would say a +2. i would not be eating my hard boiled egg right now. i am satisfied.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Tuesday and Wednesday were good days for my step counts
    Tuesday - 7405 (+100 or so) steps - 1900 calories burned
    Wednesday - 8993 steps - 2075 calories burned
    Yesterday was the first time ever that I was under on calories and met all the macros even protein :smiley:
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Food -Logged & on track
    Water- 1.3 l
    Exercise - physio, 8417 steps including 22 minute run

Finally, we have a sunny day here in Toronto! I have a sports massage at the end of the day today, and am looking forward to it. Yes @cyndiesstuff, I am eating mindfully today. Your description of breakfast was poetic!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I ate breakfast about 7:45 after waking up and reading about an hour. I was not really hungry as usual. I had an instant breakfast - my chocolate fix for the day - and an English muffin with margarine. I ate slowly so by the last bite the muffin was getting cold but still yummy.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged food: Yes, under
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps and Exercise: 15,028 steps, 45 min walk

Another good day added to my string! I feel like it’s getting easier to make good choices again. I love @cyndiesstuff’s idea to eat mindfully today, without the distraction of devices. I’m going to try this. Other goals for today: Drink 64 ounces of water, 12,000 steps, 30 minutes of exercise, log food and stay within calories.

@cyndiesstuff Great weigh in and awesome day yesterday!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Mindful eating:

Well..I forgot but I really did enjoy my breakfast while checking the weather, reading some headlines and the MFP homepage.

I had my yummy mug muffin made with egg, avocado oil, almond flour, cinnamon and blueberry. Every bite was delicious. I also have 2 strawberries that were super sweet and my last cup of caffeinated coffee for the day. Even though I was distracted with the computer I did truly enjoy my breakfast and now I feel satisfied.

Yesterday check in:
    Food - carbs around 55 grams, calories over (note: I never count exercise calories so I'm never too worried if I go over)
    Water - great
    Exercise - 10,000+ steps and 20 minutes yoga

Yesterday was a success!!

Today's plan:

Food - keep carbs lows and calories closer to my planned daily amount
    Exercise - today is another 14,000+ day

I also downloaded a meditation app "Oak" for those times I am just craving sugar in the afternoon. One of the Beck Diet ideas. I actually think it might help. It will slow down my mind instead of just focusing on sugary food. I'll let you know how it works! I figure just 5 minutes will be a great distraction!

@cyndiesstuff - great day yesterday and good catch in the evening. I hope they can figure out what's going on with your mom. It would be nice if she could come home again and not be stuck in the hospital.

@gottagetthisdown - great plan with the scale!! It's great having a daughter around to help you out!

@Mrsbell8well - ok now I'm tired after reading your day yesterday!

@Cafelelia - enjoy your sunny day!! I'm originally from Toronto and miss it a lot. When I come home to visit we never go there - just up north by Georgian Bay where all the family is now.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Wednesday Check In
    Food -didn't log but on track
    Water- Way over 64 oz I lost count
    Exercise - none and 4014 steps

Good day yesterday but just didn't have time to log. I felt like I was rushing through the day. I got off to a late start because of being out late the night before, met my friends for lunch and a movie and then got my nails done. When I was getting my nails done at 4:15, the texts started coming from friends who wanted me to meet them at the bar for the opening day. I was not planning at all to go up there. I resisted until after 7pm when my oldest daughter texted me and told me I needed to go up and say hi to people. I ended up being there to 1am as people rotated through. It seemed like once I thought I could go, someone else came in. I hope the same thing doesn't happen tonight but I might just have to figure it will for a few days as people are excited for us. Yesterday I had a salad before I went up and just drank water. I will be doing the same if I go up today.
    I am concerned about getting too comfortable with these low steps. The "resting" doesn't appear to be doing anything. However...I don't want to irritate things either. I am just going to call the doctor and see what she has to say. It isn't about getting 10K steps, it is about doing a ton of steps at a time. I was told no more than a mile at a time. If I have to continue this, I need to get out and walk 2-3 times a day. I had a little taste of how nice it felt not having the hip pain when I was on the higher dose of steroids. I really want to get this resolved now. I just thought I was getting older and that is how I was going to feel. I also haven't been to the trainer since my shoulder and haven't been doing any strength training except my PT ones. I need to sit down and make an exercise plan too.

I realized when I was filling in weights that we never acknowledged the winners from last weeks weight loss

Congrats to @Sleepymom5,@hope002 and @nstephenson01 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! . Very rare to see me on the leaderboard lol!

@GingerPwr Hope all is going well. Maintaining isn't a bad thing, better than a gain.
    @Mrsbell8well Another great day!
    @cyndiesstuff Look how far you have come in a week! You put a stop to a downward spiral, you kept making plans and moving forward even if your day didn't go the way you expected it to. You (hopefully) didn't beat yourself up and just reassessed, planned and continued the next day. Since you couldn't get into counseling you found new books to read and kept looking for help even though you kept reaching dead ends. Now you have mostly hearts, are down 3.5 lbs, you hopefully have found a counselor...Wow! You are an amazing woman!! I was so happy when I read your post this am! I hope they send her to rehab too. Sometimes I don't know what they are thinking when they discharge elderly patients. I have been thinking of your poor dad, this must be hard for him. Hugs to you all!
    @gottagetthisdown Good idea to have your daughter hide the scale. I would be sneaking on it too. I am sure you didn't feel like working out when started so at least you got that far. Some days are harder than others. Just don't give into that feeling all the time, a day here or there isn't bad. You have been kicking butt lately. Be proud!
    @pacsnc6 What a great little string of good days you have there! An especially good day yesterday! Great job!
    @Cafelelia You really are doing great. Is a sports massage as nice as a regular massage? I have to look that up....Hope you enjoy it.
    @Shirin_K Nice loss! You seem to have gotten back into a great routine so I am not surprised at all that you lost! I love your daily goals.
    @nstephenson01 Awesome loss! I am not surprised, you have had a great week. I am glad to hear your friend has been discharged. You have plans to visit her too right? Enjoy the visit with your husband!
    @carlsoda You really have been doing well lately too! Love your plan for the sugar. It is better than just fighting with yourself not to have it. Things always seem better with a plan. Now I want a mug muffin....
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    3su84zzagn79.jpeg

This is something I have been trying to focus on so I thank @cyndiesstuff for the idea of doing it today and I thank all of you for participating.

So, of course I have to be long winded Lol! Ever since I was a little girl, I am slightly nauseas when I wake up until I eat. Surprisingly, I do not have low blood sugar, I have been tested many times. I have coffee and a protein bar as soon as I get up but I list it as a snack in my diary. Usually I have breakfast later but now that I have been trying to eat intuitively, I find I am not always hungry for breakfast and I can hold off to lunch. I also have cut my breakfast in half of what I used to have.

Today, I was about a minus two when I started. I drank 8 oz of water while I waited for my coffee. My breakfast bar was sweet and peanutbuttery. I ate it slow with sips of hot coffee between. I wanted more but had to say I was satisfied when I was finished. This is when I am happy it is packaged as a serving so I don't eat more than I should. It is 10 am and I am still feeling satisfied. This is a day I will probably not have "breakfast".

I guess I will be checking in after lunch. Maybe with a report from the doctor too.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    this morning when I came down to breakfast Molly said I look like a stick with breasts. LOL...I think that was sort of meant as a compliment. I think I have even lost the crease under my butt cheeks. It's pretty much just gone flat as a pancake. but I am sooooo excited about getting fitter and healthier every day. I love the new me and my new life!!! Yesterday I called on one of my clients. she owns a martial arts studio. So my first visit with her will be next Friday and I am attending her fitness class while I am there. I am so excited. I was sharing with her my journey and all the things I eliminated since October and what magnificent health I am experiencing. She said "oh you eliminated all the inflammatories". I thought to myself "why, yes I did!" I am no longer asking my body to figure out how to process harmful food items. What goes in to my body has only 1 purpose. To bring me joy and abundant good health while fueling all my vital organs, brain and muscles.
    Molly had the stomach flu for the last 2 days. I was worried that I might be feeling a little off. so I made a cup of herbal ginger tea and drank a large glass of water. I repeated positive affirmations stating how healthy by body is. I took my breakfast to work with me. I started with a bowl of fresh fragrant cubes of papaya squirted with fresh lime juice. Papaya has good enzymes for the gut. After an hour I really enjoyed by Lava vegan yogurt with fresh juicy blackberries sprinkled with ground up golden flax seeds, chopped raw almonds and raw sunflower seeds. I was trying to work while eating but it was so tasty that I had to give it my full attention. I enjoyed it to the last bite.

@nstephenson01 great job staying with your plan. What a successful weigh in!!! Welcome to the 60's.
    I love how the 3 of us that were recently mentioned for big weight loss have each done it so differently. There really is no right or wrong. I love sharing success stories with everyone no matter where we are on this journey. something that struck me @cyndiesstuff when I was thinking about you the other day...was that if you could do it once you could do it again. I am 5 pounds from goal. You were 3 pounds from goal. I always think if someone else can do it, so can I! And it's true. I loved everything you wrote on that 12 steps to get back on track. I really do think we sometimes need to get back to the basics.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 2
    Pw 187
    Cw 187
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Well that's good I guess. I need to start getting this weight off. One of the bus drivers today told me I look good. And one teacher always says I look like I lost weight. Not sure why, but ok. Well they are having a girl. Very excited. A crib is being delivered this weekend and they are going to put it together. I can't wait to watch the show. I might have to record this. But if he can build bikes he should be able to build a crib. Working late today so no exercise. I have to get back to it. I think it's going to stop raining this weekend that I can get out walking which will be great.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    hw17ubksgp54.jpg

Mindful lunch

I got hungry at 11:30 but I waited to 12 to eat. I was probably at a -3 on the hunger scale. I had my homemade chili. lots of beans, tomatoes and spinach! it was spicy. I could feel the warm in my belly from the seasoning. I drank some water. it landed in my stomach and cooled the spice. I felt the cold all the way down. I imagined the splash as it hit the bottom. it felt good to eat. I was hungry. half way thru, I am still hungry, probably a -1. I eat slowly, putting the spoon down between most every bite. more water, now I am starting to sweat a little. I could eat chili every day. I am done with the chili (thought about licking the bowl) and I was happy for the string cheese. it really calmed the fire. so creamy. what a yummy lunch. when I finished my cheese I was at a +2. good meal. now for a lunch time walk!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @pacsnc6 ohhh yea! look at the new you go! you met all your goals. I am so proud of you. today, you are my inspiration to stay on track! thanks for checking in. I am not a big breakfast eater either. but I always have a little something too.

@Cafelelia good job at being mindful. as adults we all lose touch with the sensations in our bodies. not that they don't happen, just that we quit listening. it is really hard to hear them over the top of our busy lives.

@Shirin_K nice loss. the scale is moving in the right direction. good job. and mindful eating is an awesome practice. keeps us in touch with why we eat in the first place.

@nstephenson01 ohhhhh girl. welcome to the 160's. that is a very nice loss. I am happy your friend is being discharged. that is good news. and really spend some time thinking about what a success yesterday was. you passed up pizza! look at the new nancy go!! have you written a plan for you visit with hubby. doesn't have to be concrete but something to guide and remind you of why you need this to be successful. you have already proven you can have fun and socialize without eating junk food. try to prove it to yourself when your with your husband. you can do it nancy. let the in charge and in control nancy make a plan that is in your best interest. and above all have fun.

@carlsoda sure hope you remember at lunch. that way you can feel the feelings during your meal. and make note. you breakfast sounds amazing by the way. and strawberries here are still not sweet. another month and we should have fresh strawberries. I am going to have to look at the meditation app. I use meditations found on utube. thanks. the "catch" was a great nsv for me!!

@sleepymom5 be careful not getting enough sleep and feeling rushed. it can lead to poor decision that you will regret. make time for you. yes, you really do need to talk to your doctor before you change your exercise plan. you don't want to make this worse. I don't remember, how did your doctor determine it was bursitis? listen, I don't want you to stray to far off track before you real it back in. concentrate today on the basics. make a plan and stick to it. well good news, that counselor may be the answer. she is on vacation but her administrator said it shouldn't be a problem. the counselor will call me next week sometime. they let my mom go home today. she sounded terrible when she called me. I am going over there after work to redo her medicine again because they have changed some more stuff. ughhh.

@Mrsbell8well ok, now we really are twins. I have been called tits on a stick. I swear we are sisters!! ohhh marshal arts. I think you would really like that. it is very empowering. and great exercise. ohh no and tell molly I said I hope she feels better soon, I think that is the worst kind of sick. yup and back to basics has helped. I believe reworking my new why was very valuable. especially now with everything I am going thru with my mom.

@ljdanny maintains are good. you just keep working your plan. you got this. maybe spend some time making a plan. daily every morning. write it out. it only takes a couple minutes. then take it with you where ever you go so you can refer to it. and a baby girl! ohhhh lucky. how wonderful, congrats Grams!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Just did a 44 minute workout on treadmill. Sure made me appreciate my lunch. Amy’s vegan pizza, salad loaded with raw vegetables and a delectable espresso balsamic vinegar. l2x9gtmfugkj.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.