• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Steps for May 29: 12,773
  • BMcC9
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I see some members posting their daily step counts. Is that a requirement, or only if that person chooses to record it? I do very few steps (something I know I need to work on) and haven't worn my tracker for so long that I don't even know if it still works!

Step reporting is entirely optional, (especially if you don't have any way to record them ) The only required report is the weekly weigh-in. If you wish to supplement (for personal accountability ... like "did I meet my water intake goal" for example) feel free to do so. This space is all about encouraging and supporting whatever habit you are currently focused on strengthening.

@jugar, I am staying in maintenance mode, and so staying on Cheer Squad.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I have a question in return - I see some members posting their daily step counts. Is that a requirement, or only if that person chooses to record it? I do very few steps (something I know I need to work on) and haven't worn my tracker for so long that I don't even know if it still works!

I noticed this and wondered, too. :smile:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Well, I had family in this week, and we had a few days of “party eating”. I’m back to the weight I was last Thursday, but we’ll see what the nutritionist says today. Hoping I can still report a loss for my weigh in on Sunday. Thanks for all your support!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    ATTN CAPTAINS NEW TEAM CHAT HAS BEEN SET UP

Here's the link to our June Chat-Room thread. Be sure to light up the star in the upper right corner, so that you can easily navigate back to it every day!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746719/waistaways-team-chat-june-2019#latest
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    cory17
    cw 217.0
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What a day! You know it is nice out when I am not in here more frequently during the day... We had the first warmish day with no rain in ages, so I was out digging things, planting things, and generally getting dirty and eaten by black flies. (I wonder if that causes weight loss?)

Lots of good news, and here are a few answers or comments:

One general thing for new people: when you weigh in or report steps, I check the "Insightful" button at the bottom of your message to indicate that I have recorded it in the spreadsheet. I do not always acknowledge every weigh-in individually, but that way you know it has been noted.

AND the June Chat is open, but all reporting up through Saturday night goes here in the May Chat. Feel free to go into the June one and put in an intro - it is great to learn more about where you are, what you love to do, and anything else you want to share.

@SueSueDio (and anyone else wondering) - all of the 6 teams of F2F have a sub-team to count steps. Generally it is around 10 people, and I track their steps on the spreadsheet and make fun reports every week celebrating the top steppers, and how far everyone would have walked if the steps were all in a row going somewhere. We have some intense steppers on this team, and some people have really increased both their step count and their weight loss by tracking like this. Join in if you want! Just let me know here in the chart, and I'll put you on the step team.

@zlauerMom - I love your reminder that the body in motion stays in motion, etc. It is SO important to keep that going as we get older, and we're glad to have you aboard to keep yourself and your teammates going. Thanks!

@BMcC9 - you remain on the support team! So glad your maintenance is going so brilliantly. <3

@Andreabroadley - It sounds like you have survived your family party weekend well! The work you have done with the nutritionist and the steady tracking are working! I'm sure your Sunday weigh-in will be a good one.

@juliemargaretkim - I love the hilarious weight error! Greg (our beloved @Navydaddjtc ) obviously mixed up your weight with a different new person, and we should have left it that way to have the most amazing week 1 ever recorded in June! I did change it, though, in the interests of fair competition :wink: And isn't it great making and keeping a big change as we get older - stronger, fitter, and feeling good even as we hit those bigger numbers every birthday? I hope this group will help you get back to your fittest self!

@cory17 - well done! every loss, however small, is a happy one. Keep it rolling!!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP FOR FRIDAY WEIGH-INS!
    Our biggest weigh-in day is tomorrow. Please get them in on time, as the week ends on Saturday and we tally the whole month!

@bfitb440n2022
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @Jugar
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Kittu125
    @KX7003

and still hoping for today's last one: @Blackbeautysue
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,284 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/29 9,616
  • micki48
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    where's the heat zone??? can you ship a small slice of it my way? (she writes while shivering in her denim jacket at her desk)

k7egolbc3mu8.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    I’m kind of in a funk. Between staying about the same for about a month, getting a little sloppy with my logging, and feeling really fat, I need to get out of it. I was thinking after losing almost 18 pounds that I was looking pretty good. Then the last few days mirrors and reflections have been mean and alarming to me. This is just a plateau and I know I can be better, but ugh!😑

On top of that, next week is my birthday (55) and we’re going back to Philadelphia where we used to live for a short vacation and a family baby shower. Yikes. It’s like an eating adventure. I’ll be fine because I have all of you to report to. I will enjoy myself within reason. But I will not blow all my hard work.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @SueSueDio (and anyone else wondering) - all of the 6 teams of F2F have a sub-team to count steps. Generally it is around 10 people, and I track their steps on the spreadsheet and make fun reports every week celebrating the top steppers, and how far everyone would have walked if the steps were all in a row going somewhere. We have some intense steppers on this team, and some people have really increased both their step count and their weight loss by tracking like this. Join in if you want! Just let me know here in the chart, and I'll put you on the step team.

Thank you for explaining! I do need to get my step count up, but need to work on one habit at a time I think. So for now I'll just stay with trying to keep a deficit and lose a couple of pounds. :)
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    CW - 129 pounds

On my machine it comes up 129 3/4. Does the fraction represent ounces?
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username~martinesther88
    Weigh in day~ Friday
    CW~152.8
    PW~150.8
  • jugar
    edited May 2019
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Weigh in
    CW - 129 pounds

On my machine it comes up 129 3/4. Does the fraction represent ounces?

That would be 129.75 - we'll call that 129.7 ok? Many people have digital scales that give 10ths of pounds, so we can leave yours at 129, 130, or the 129.7 - let me know if you have a preference!

AMAZING job by the way. That's a 4.3 pound loss this week! Don't go too fast, though, or you'll be hitting a rebound (in my sad experience...).
  • jugar
    edited May 2019
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m kind of in a funk. Between staying about the same for about a month, getting a little sloppy with my logging, and feeling really fat, I need to get out of it. I was thinking after losing almost 18 pounds that I was looking pretty good. Then the last few days mirrors and reflections have been mean and alarming to me. This is just a plateau and I know I can be better, but ugh!😑

On top of that, next week is my birthday (55) and we’re going back to Philadelphia where we used to live for a short vacation and a family baby shower. Yikes. It’s like an eating adventure. I’ll be fine because I have all of you to report to. I will enjoy myself within reason. But I will not blow all my hard work.

The dreaded FUNK. It's almost as bad as the BLUES. Repeated bass lines, incessantly reminding you of the same thing over and over. The same 12-bar chord pattern, over and over. You gotta start listening to something else! Or do what I sometimes do - grab some kind of a funk playlist on whatever music source you like, and do some wicked bodyweight exercises to it. Live that funk! Get into it!

By the way, you should go back and read your posts from the last couple of weeks. You have had a lot of positive moments! Steps up, sneakers worn out, feeling good. Go back and see how short this little funk has really been. B)

Happy birthday next week, by the way. I don't know if we'll be able to meet up while I'm down in NC, but once I have a better idea of my schedule, I'll be in touch!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Visibility today is like 10 feet.

It's not fog. It's SMOKE.

I have to wear my carbon filter mask outdoors and run my air purifier indoors. We can't open windows no matter how hot it gets.

Exercise probably not happening for the foreseeable future. Sleep either, since black coffee is all I have for my lungs.

Can this cursed month just friggin end?!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Visibility today is like 10 feet.

It's not fog. It's SMOKE.

I have to wear my carbon filter mask outdoors and run my air purifier indoors. We can't open windows no matter how hot it gets.

Exercise probably not happening for the foreseeable future. Sleep either, since black coffee is all I have for my lungs.

Can this cursed month just friggin end?!

Are you in Alberta? My daughter is having the same problem in Wainwright. It's BAD. I hope you stay well - and how is black coffee for your lungs?????
This discussion has been closed.