TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »

Years ago, when I was at my lowest weight, I weighed 165. I'm 5'9" and have a fairly broad frame. I felt great, but wanted to get down a few more pounds. Mainly because I was in between sizes and 5-10 lbs more would have put me comfortably in a lower size. My family was horrible to me. I was always the "big" one and for the first time was the smallest. My mom was the worst. She's overweight and is miserable, but does nothing to change it. My older sister was always the small one and over the last 5 years has become overweight. Once I started gaining after my injuries, both were completely different people to me. So much nicer.

I say that only you know how you feel and what your goals should be. Don't let anyone else's opinion matter more than your own.
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I’m kinda in the same situation with my sis. She’s always been slimmer than than me and never commented on my weight before when I was heavier. She’s now about 15 pounds heavier than me and is one of the people telling me not to lose much more weight etc.

I totally agree and will try my best not to let others opinions matter more than mine 😊

Oh boy in the past 3 years I have heard it all, I think. Lotsa input from people once you have lost a noticeable amount of weight. One person told me that I looked "younger and prettier" when I was "fat" and that I should tart eating again. (Terrible huh?)

You have to ignore other people's comments, especially the jealousy.... it's really hard when it's your family though--- and I can very much relate to this. My sisters both started being very mean to me, then stopped talking to me after I lost weight---and nothing else changed about me except my size/looks....nothing, except that I am a lot more happy, positive and outgoing now. It makes me so sad when I think about it.

I hope you both do whatever makes you feel healthiest and continue on your path without second guessing your healthy commitment and dedication. You deserve happiness and good health!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, May 31st
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Body Pump Xpress, CXworks, Arc Trainer & walking
    ✅ Water: 233.8 oz. +
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Friday 31 May

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 21 minutes on exercise bike 🚲
    💭Comments: I’m looking forward to the start of a brand new month. Summer is getting closer 🌞 Over the past few years during summer I’ve never felt confident enough to wear nice shorts or dresses (anything that reveals my legs really). This summer I will wear a nice pair of shorts and not care what anyone thinks 😁🌞
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in May 31

Track: Mostly
    Calories: Still Under
    Exercise: Little gardening

We went out to eat had soup and salad. Need to get out and do some gardening.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username gjaholy33

Do you know what I just found out yesterday?? My health insurance won't cover me seeing a nutritionist but they will cover the baraitric surgery UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!
    I asked can I appeal this they said only if my doctor write a letter of Medical necessity, which is going to be kinda difficult cause she wants me to have the surgery. So I guess I'm going to have to be a little creative when I have the discussion or look for a free nutritionist.

Have you considered a dietitian instead of a nutritionist? Most insurances will pay for them

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: May 31st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,600 steps
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Friday

Track: no
    Calories: yeah, I ate a lot of those....
    Exercise: stairs at work and walking
    Water: 120 oz and counting

Started ok, then pizza happened. Not sure about the calories. And then had some cookie cake (very small piece) and wine...... I know I went over. Logged some stuff, not the pizza..... no idea how to even guess that. Haha
    Its gonna be a food filled weekend!!!
    My daughter's birthday party is tomorrow!
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday May 31

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Over (unless you subtract the calories burned from exercise, which means I still have some more to eat)
    Exercise: 7km run before work, 22min of HIIT at lunch.

Comments:
    As of Today I've officially lost 25lbs since (re)starting April 15th 2019!
    8lbs until I hit 150 :smile:
    15lbs to go until my final goal! I can see the finish line.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @aadubb Great day and that's exciting news congrats on your loss!!

@tinak33 Hope you enjoy your weekend and your daughter's birthday!!

@CindyJNC1963 Another awesome day, great job!!

@batgirl140 Nice day!! And normally when you see a big drop on the scale the next week isn't as high, but a loss is still a loss!!

@o0kody0o It's really exciting when you start to wear things you would never have considered before!! Congrats!! NSV for sure!
    And I feel the same about how close I am to my goal and what it's really going to take to finish it so today I decided to start a much stricter eating plan, I have to finish what I started! You can too!!

@SLIMn2016 Awesome day, you're crushing it!!

@digger61 You're doing great, keep it up!!!

@CourtneyLomonaco AWESOME LOSS!! Woot woot!!

@gjaholy33 That's great news about the workers comp! Glad you're sticking with the bowling too, that's huge! Also you're doing such an incredible job and you should be proud, you've made so much progress and so many great changes! And as for the insurance company, it's really a numbers thing honestly, they see you on paper and not as a human trying to make herself better, they see that you're a certain way and think your only option is the surgery instead of treating the underlying problem and thus treating the other issue, the weight, instead they want to pay for the surgery because they don't feel that the nutrition is the real issue, when it is, and that's just a business thing and while yes, it's unbelievable and part of what our issues are as a nation, it's a fact and you can't let it get to you, you're doing great, and you can keep making these lasting changes despite them. Hang in there, you're amazing and you have done so many great things for yourself, so stay positive!!

@DeshotelK A loss is a loss, keep it up!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, new eating plan, tracking a different way, but still tracking.
    Exercise: Yes, 15 mins elliptical, 75 mins walking, 70 mins weight training--Snatch (these weren't great today), Clean + Split Jerk---these were amazing---hit a new pr, super excited about that, and Back squats, all VERY heavy!

Comments: Making a diet change today, decided it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result....so we shall see where that goes, so far it seems to be helping already, knock on wood.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username gjaholy33

Do you know what I just found out yesterday?? My health insurance won't cover me seeing a nutritionist but they will cover the baraitric surgery UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!
    I asked can I appeal this they said only if my doctor write a letter of Medical necessity, which is going to be kinda difficult cause she wants me to have the surgery. So I guess I'm going to have to be a little creative when I have the discussion or look for a free nutritionist.

Have you considered a dietitian instead of a nutritionist? Most insurances will pay for them

Not mine I asked my only option is changing my PCP to one who specializes in obesity.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Gees Louise I’m so far behind on all the posts. Kinda been slacking but today is June 1st. I’m going on vacay in 2 months and I’m refocused and re committed.
    There was lots of great progress and success this week. Keep up the great work team!
  • aadubb
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Exercise: Yes, 15 mins elliptical, 75 mins walking, 70 mins weight training--Snatch (these weren't great today), Clean + Split Jerk---these were amazing---hit a new pr, super excited about that, and Back squats, all VERY heavy!

Comments: Making a diet change today, decided it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result....so we shall see where that goes, so far it seems to be helping already, knock on wood.

What an active day!! Good stuff!

What was your eating plan like before and what is it like now?
  • AB0215
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

@aadubb I was keto and I'm still keto, I'm just cutting all carbs (aka 0 carb or carnivore), not just down to 20 grams, basically when I started keto I did 20 grams net carbs to start, and that worked really well for 1.5 years, then I went to 20 grams total, and that worked well for another 30 lbs, and now I was weird spikes in my weight for no reason, so I'm cutting them all. And so far, the results are very positive and I'm already feeling even better, so guess I'm going to have to live without salads until I get where want to be. The downside is I may have to embrace organ meats to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need also, so we will see how that goes.
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Gees Louise I’m so far behind on all the posts. Kinda been slacking but today is June 1st. I’m going on vacay in 2 months and I’m refocused and re committed.
    There was lots of great progress and success this week. Keep up the great work team!

lol, I know, it's so great to see everyone so supportive of everyone else, that when I'm away from my computer I come back to 2 new pages of messages!! So great guys, really proud of how everyone is doing and also how everyone encourages everyone else!!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    May week4?
    Sat
    PW 171.6
    CW 172.6
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

Praise'm Praise'm so trying something new to add more calories to my diet since I'm only averaging out 700 calories most days. As per my nutritionist via email since my insurance doesn't want to pay, at least until I get a medical of necessity letter from my doctor.

2 whole wheat toast 1 cup of frozen strawberries with 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and ground chia seeds. Ummm look delish

6hvgsygjpome.jpg

THEN GOING BOWLING FOR 2 HOURS but really on 45mins to and hour as I take a break between each frame. Gotta bowl smart being disabled and all.

Have a blessed and productive day
    -Glorious Gloria
  • aadubb
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

@aadubb I was keto and I'm still keto, I'm just cutting all carbs (aka 0 carb or carnivore), not just down to 20 grams, basically when I started keto I did 20 grams net carbs to start, and that worked really well for 1.5 years, then I went to 20 grams total, and that worked well for another 30 lbs, and now I was weird spikes in my weight for no reason, so I'm cutting them all. And so far, the results are very positive and I'm already feeling even better, so guess I'm going to have to live without salads until I get where want to be. The downside is I may have to embrace organ meats to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need also, so we will see how that goes.

So no vegetables at all then. Are you taking supplements?
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    May week4
    Sat
    PW 227
    CW 226
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you all log your mio or other water enhancers? I notice the only thing mine has is some sodium, which I need more of anyways.
This discussion has been closed.