• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    AB0215
    May Week 5
    Saturday
    PW: 148.6 lbs
    CW: 147.8 lbs

Maybe plateau busted? Might still be too soon to celebrate...
  • AB0215
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, new eating plan, tracking a different way, but still tracking.
    Exercise: Yes, 15 mins elliptical, 75 mins walking, 70 mins weight training--Snatch (these weren't great today), Clean + Split Jerk---these were amazing---hit a new pr, super excited about that, and Back squats, all VERY heavy!

Comments: Making a diet change today, decided it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result....so we shall see where that goes, so far it seems to be helping already, knock on wood.

What an active day!! Good stuff!

What was your eating plan like before and what is it like now?

@aadubb I was keto and I'm still keto, I'm just cutting all carbs (aka 0 carb or carnivore), not just down to 20 grams, basically when I started keto I did 20 grams net carbs to start, and that worked really well for 1.5 years, then I went to 20 grams total, and that worked well for another 30 lbs, and now I was weird spikes in my weight for no reason, so I'm cutting them all. And so far, the results are very positive and I'm already feeling even better, so guess I'm going to have to live without salads until I get where want to be. The downside is I may have to embrace organ meats to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients I need also, so we will see how that goes.

So no vegetables at all then. Are you taking supplements?

@aadubb No, not really taking supplements, that's where they suggest organ meat, that way you're getting more nutrients than just straight meat, however, you do get a lot of nutrients from meat alone, animal proteins have vitamins and minerals in them as well, so we will see how I feel, I may look into organ meat, but the real idea of doing something like this is that it's an elimination diet which will help me to determine what in my diet was causing me some issues when I get back to eating how I was before, which won't be for at least 30 days, maybe 90 depending on how I feel eating this way, and surprisingly, I feel pretty great so might stick with it loner than the first 30 days.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Saturday

Track: no
    Calories: ate all of them
    Exercise: was on my feet for hours, so I'm sure I got some....
    Water: I have no idea.....

Party day! Rushing around all morning, eating all afternoon, and ready to pass out by 6:30pm!
    Bust busy day...... as with all our family parties, it ends at "2pm". Which means "whenever you feel like leaving". People are still hanging out. Lol
    I am ate the point where I want to eat just cuz the food is there. But I'm not hungry. So I am pretty sure I am done for the day..... still drinking water though.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: Walk4today
    Week: May Week 5
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:239
    CW: 239
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Username gjaholy33

Do you know what I just found out yesterday?? My health insurance won't cover me seeing a nutritionist but they will cover the baraitric surgery UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!
    I asked can I appeal this they said only if my doctor write a letter of Medical necessity, which is going to be kinda difficult cause she wants me to have the surgery. So I guess I'm going to have to be a little creative when I have the discussion or look for a free nutritionist.

Have you considered a dietitian instead of a nutritionist? Most insurances will pay for them

Not mine I asked my only option is changing my PCP to one who specializes in obesity.

Hmmm... that's interesting. I guess that is what is different with me, I do see a doctor that specializes in weight loss. My crappy insurance did pay for the dietitian at her clinic. They constantly harp at us to lose weight (get healthy) at work.....yet we have penny pinching insurance that won't pay for a lot of things with regards to weight loss.

So sorry you are having problems
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: June 1st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,100 steps
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Food: under
    Water: 104 oz
    Exercise: aqua size, cutting grass and yard work
    Steps: 21138 over double goal
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No, rest day

Daily Post (Friday)

Exercise: Yes, 1 hour weight training

Daily Post (Saturday)

Exercise: No, rest day
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Username: Bm00re2u
    Week: May Week 5
    PW =131lbs
    CW= 132.5 lbs

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options

Daily Post (Saturday)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yard work aqua size
    todays goals going to church, a walk and maybe a bike ride
  • AB0215
    Options
    Winner's Circle May Week 5:

Winner's Circle (Posted 6-7 Days):

@Bm00re2u.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @Digger61.
    @o0kody0o.
    @SLIMn2016.

Those making a notable effort!

@gjaholy33.
    @tinak33.
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @aadubb.
    @Batgirl140.
    @DeshotelK.
    @Gadgetgirl259.
    @vicky2767.
    @genajonas.

Looking forward to another successful MONTH. Keep it up guys, let's crush JUNE!

Week 5 Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @aadubb. - 3.75%
    2nd - @tinak33. - 2.52%
    3rd - @CourtneyLomonaco. - 2.25%

And again to @aadubb and @tinak33 for taking 1st and 3rd overall, congrats guys!!
    And as a team, we took 1st!! Aweome job everone!!

Finale Results have also been posted.

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @o0kody0o. - 6.56%
    2nd - @aadubb. - 6.43%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 6.37%

And again to the top 3 of the month:
    1st - @o0kody0o. - 6.56%
    2nd - @aadubb. - 6.43%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 6.37%

Great job guys, you rounded out the top 3 for the month of May!!
    And as a team we took 2nd overall!! Nice job, let's take that into June and keep crushing it!!
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank for all the work you do in this group!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank for all the work you do in this group!

@aadubb It's my pleasure!
This discussion has been closed.