TEAM: The Slimsons (May)

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    QUESTION: Does anyone here weigh in daily??

After a week off track (and not being able to weigh in last week) I downloaded the App, "Happy Scale" to track daily--- just wondering if anyone else has found it helpful. I thought daily weighing might make me crazy---but so far, I think it's helping to get my mindfulness back!

I weigh in daily and have been for the past 2 years.
    It has helped me stay on track, and just see if the little binges here and there, put me overboard or not.
    I actually like it and it's part of my daily routine now. I also weigh in at night because I have shown that I tend to be about 2-5 lbs heavier at night. So when I see a low weigh in at night, I get all excited about the morning one. hahaha

I log my daily weight on my food diary in the notes so it's always recorded, and I don't forget.
    I know some people get crazy with it, but I really just use it to keep myself in check. Especially when I know I went overboard or went out to eat or something.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

After a week off track (and not being able to weigh in last week) I downloaded the App, "Happy Scale" to track daily--- just wondering if anyone else has found it helpful. I thought daily weighing might make me crazy---but so far, I think it's helping to get my mindfulness back!

I weigh daily. I have my own excel spreadsheet with a graph and trendline. I like weighing every day because it makes me realize how you can be up a couple of pounds from one day to the next. It's the overall downward trend that I like to see.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Slimsons! I've been MIA for a few days. It seems like this is a constant losing battle. I was so excited for the end of the school year because I would finally have time to focus on myself. I would have time to get in those workouts that I miss so much and time to get back to meal prep/planning.

Someone has other plans for me. A while back, we had a leak in our shower that flooded my bathroom and bedroom. We found out that we need to change the floors and the shower. On Saturday, we started demolition. Running into snags with pulling up the old flooring. The wall from the shower leak has mold growing. We do a lot of work ourselves, so it's going to be a long process. For the last three days, we've been living on takeout. I feel so miserable with myself today. I'm sure I could have figured out something to eat healthier, but honestly, I was exhausted and hungry and it was easy.

I'm not sure if I should rejoin this group for next month. I'm feeling very down right now and don't want to continue to let this wonderful group down.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    @DeshotelK I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of that demo and headaches right now--- we had to remodel our bathroom due to a flood years ago and it was a nightmare---I can relate to that part of it.

Do what you need to do--- it is really hard to juggle it all when you hit a major snag like that one. Send you some extra hugs---hang in there!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

I weigh in daily and have been for the past 2 years.
    It has helped me stay on track, and just see if the little binges here and there, put me overboard or not.
    I actually like it and it's part of my daily routine now. I also weigh in at night because I have shown that I tend to be about 2-5 lbs heavier at night. So when I see a low weigh in at night, I get all excited about the morning one. hahaha

I log my daily weight on my food diary in the notes so it's always recorded, and I don't forget.
    I know some people get crazy with it, but I really just use it to keep myself in check. Especially when I know I went overboard or went out to eat or something.

I weigh daily. I have my own excel spreadsheet with a graph and trendline. I like weighing every day because it makes me realize how you can be up a couple of pounds from one day to the next. It's the overall downward trend that I like to see.

Thanks--- hmmm, weighing at night--hmmm never though of getting that kind of enlightenment--LOL :D And yes I think since my weight is all over the place from week to week---it helps to get an average (which the app does--or a spreadsheet if you are super organized like Cindy--wtg!! ;)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, May 28th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, strength training and arc training HIIT
    ✅ Water: 217.8 oz.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: aqua size, yard work
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Hey Nancy

I have been weighing daily for about 2.5 months as I find it helps keep me on track for the day. I also have the Happy Scale app. Before getting the app, I was a bit worried that weighing daily might make me become a bit obsessed or frustrated with the numbers. I’ve found that the Happy Scale app has sort of saved me from getting annoyed over the numbers on the scale because it lets you see your trends and gives you a moving average weight. You might already have done this but if you go to the app>settings>animation and check “Animate when I record new weight entries”. When you enter a new low weight, it hides what you’ve lost until you click on it, and I feel that gives me a little surprise when I see the numbers rolling round to reveal what I’ve lost 😛 I’ve split my goals into “10 equally sized segments”. I’ve also found the weight predictions to be very accurate. It’s a great app and I’m sure you’ll love it! 💕

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Hi Team Slimsons! I've been MIA for a few days. It seems like this is a constant losing battle. I was so excited for the end of the school year because I would finally have time to focus on myself. I would have time to get in those workouts that I miss so much and time to get back to meal prep/planning.

Someone has other plans for me. A while back, we had a leak in our shower that flooded my bathroom and bedroom. We found out that we need to change the floors and the shower. On Saturday, we started demolition. Running into snags with pulling up the old flooring. The wall from the shower leak has mold growing. We do a lot of work ourselves, so it's going to be a long process. For the last three days, we've been living on takeout. I feel so miserable with myself today. I'm sure I could have figured out something to eat healthier, but honestly, I was exhausted and hungry and it was easy.

I'm not sure if I should rejoin this group for next month. I'm feeling very down right now and don't want to continue to let this wonderful group down.

I am sorry you're having a hard time. It's totally up to you whether to continue next month or not. Although I'll encourage you to continue on this journey with the group because even on our low days it's something about knowing their are others to lift us up and keep us motivated as we go through all the ups and downs. I know even when I was going through I used to read the posts just to lift me up and I am having more good days than bad now.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    aadubb wrote: »
    So my weigh-in day is Monday, is that it for the month of May or will a final weigh in be requested before biggest loser June starts?

Nope that's it for May, next week you'll post in the June thread so remember to post your Introduction and bookmark the Slimsons June thread.
  • gjaholy33
    Options

I am glad it's working for you but although I'm weighing more often than once a week I still don't daily will benefit me at this stage.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    rf6sughg500j.png

Just an FYI: These stevia sweetened teas are so yummy for summer!! Just got them off of Amazon--trying them for the first time today---yum!

Awesome
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    My May loss total was 12.8lbs. My goal for June will be 10lbs!

I have 22lbs left to get out of the obese category. Seems so far away.

SW-209
    CW-188
    Gw-136

I can do this.... I think.... 😫

YES YOU CAN. . .POSITIVE THINKING REMEMBER 😍👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Tuesday 28 May

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over by 70 🙀
    Exercise: None today
    💬Comments: I don’t know what came over me today! I started out with a good breakfast, light lunch and then...chocolate happened! I haven’t wanted to eat chocolate in a long time too. So that spoiled my dinner as I didn’t feel that hungry afterwards. It’s not the end of the world 😉 Right back to “normality” tomorrow 💪
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options

I don’t weigh daily but I do weigh more than just the once a week.
    DeshotelK wrote: »

Hugs. I do know how remodeling can be, hang in there. I’d encourage you stay too though. You don’t have to check in daily and it’s nice knowing you have the support behind you. But you know what’s right for you. Do what you need.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    May 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories over by 25
    Exercise 40 min walk. Was a high of 95 today. That’s all I was able to do. Then I came home and drank lots of water.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: May 28th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,350 steps
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

@SLIMn2016 I have weighed daily for 2 years and I find it the most helpful, keeps me on track and gives me feedback on how I'm doing, although I look at the trend, not the daily results as individual days.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Great day!!

@vicky2767 Great job! Nice walk despite the heat!

@o0kody0o It's only one day, get back into it tomorrow :smile:

@digger61 Nice day!!

@SLIMn2016 Awesome workout!!

@DeshotelK We all go through times like that, not sure getting down on yourself for a few bad days is really that productive, it's more about what you do next after a rough patch, and we're here to help.

@cydneebauman Nice loss and great month! Keep it up! You will be at your goal soon enough!

@OkieGina A loss is a loss, and especially given your circumstances you should be pretty happy with it!

@tinak33 You may have fallen off the wagon, but you also know how to get back on it....you got this!

@CourtneyLomonaco Nice day!!

@Bm00re2u Hope you're getting settled in and back to a normal routine!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Hang in there, sleep does help keep you on track for sure!!

@gjaholy33 Another couple of great days, you're doing great!!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@AB0215.
    @gjaholy33.
    @BEASTFIELD314.
    @Melodyis4reals.
    @303lissy.
    @aadubb.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @cydneebauman.
    @Gadgetgirl259.
    @nbatch456.
    @o0kody0o.
    @OkieGina.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @genajonas.
    @jmitts2.
    @Thumper0104.
    @tinak33.
    @Batgirl140.
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @DeshotelK.
    @grizziegriz.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @Wildmage69.
    @Bm00re2u.
    @Digger61.
    @gemwolf110.
    @vicky2767.
    @walk4today.

This is the last week of the May Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the June Challenge.

The June challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Slimsons (June) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746094/team-the-slimsons-june
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
This discussion has been closed.