WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    haha @Navydaddjtc bring it on!

Well a few things that have helped my step count:
    1. I am a stay at home mom so I'm not stuck at a desk all day and during the weekdays my kids are in school. They are done with school in 2 days so I'm sure it will be harder for me to get out for long walks.
    2. I'm running a half marathon in 3 weeks so I'm running more right now.
    3. One of my dogs is overweight so it's a motivator to get her out on walks. Funny thing is my other dog is skinny and they eat the same so I guess dogs have different metabolisms just like humans!
    4. I took up golf last summer and try to get out a couple times/week and we almost always walk so that gets a lot of steps!

Love "Mel's Challenge!". I'm much more likely to achieve my goals if I just have to think about not eating sugar for one day rather than telling myself I can't have it the entire month. Plus each day is different so our goals for that day should be too.

@NikMar and I have buddied up and have been chatting occasionally since we have similar weight goals. I think it's helped!
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone im sarah and joining your group in june. I was in the waistaways for a good part of last year up until feb when my maternity leave ended and i went back to work. I have not been very focussed on weightloss the last few months and im ready to change that. Thought it was time for me to come back to the weightloss challenge and focus more on my health. I have 2 littles and a hubby and live in beautiful germany but im originally from the US. I dont have much time for exercise so i have to really watch the calories. Heres to a great month of weightloss!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Bear479 wrote: »
    Hello everyone im sarah and joining your group in june. I was in the waistaways for a good part of last year up until feb when my maternity leave ended and i went back to work. I have not been very focussed on weightloss the last few months and im ready to change that. Thought it was time for me to come back to the weightloss challenge and focus more on my health. I have 2 littles and a hubby and live in beautiful germany but im originally from the US. I dont have much time for exercise so i have to really watch the calories. Heres to a great month of weightloss!

Welcome, Sarah!! (I am going to apologize in advance if my phone changes that to no h on the end. My niece's is Sara, so it's the most frequent spelling my phone knows.)

I'm Mel and have a hubby, three college age kids, a soon to be 13 year old, and dog.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Today's goals:
    10000 steps
    64 oz water
    Set up VBS at churxh
    Grocery shop.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea.

I would love to be partnered up...I think it would be easier than trying to keep up with the posts especially on busy days

Goals for today:

1. Drink more water
    2. Come up with a meal plan for the week and in put into MFP (I have tried pre logging but by the end of the week I tend to stop and start eating whatever I am feeling like, healthy or not it does throw my macros and micros)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON CREW
    WELL I GOT HUGE SURPRISE YESTERDAY OR RATHER LAST NIGHT...OUR OLDEST SON DJ CAME HOME AFTER BEING GONE FOR 6-7 MOS AT SEA.... YEA!!!! HE WILL SLEEP MOST OF THE DAY TODAY AS SLEEPING ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER IS SOMETIMES CHALLENGING. THEN WE HANG OUT ...
    SURPRISE #2 WE HAD A LOGGING COMPANY COME UP AND GIVE US A BID FOR KNOCKING DOWN ABOUT A DOZEN TREES. I WAS EXPECTING TO BE ABOUT $5-6K IT CAME IN AT JUST UNDER $4K SO A LOGGING WE WILL GO.

IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT. SAVE A COUPLE OF $K'S AND DJ IS HOME .

AS FOR YOU @runarml I AM GOING TO GIVE IT MY BEST SHOT JUST REMEMBER "WARRIORS NEVER GIVE UP" I'LL BRING EVERYTHING I GOT TO THE PARTY THAT'S FOR SURE.

GOALS FOR TODAY
    MEET MY CALORIC INTAKE
    MEET MY WATER INTAKE 128 OZ

@shockvalue07 ...HEY KIM WHAT YA SAY TO US 2 CAPTAINS AND MOTIVATORS TEAMING UP

g20u2emfa5ro.png

• melissafeagins
    Options
    Can you please keep me teamed up with @Patti705??
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc, put me on the step team, please.
    June 1 - 11181 steps
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Can you please keep me teamed up with @Patti705??
    @melissafeagins
    OK MEL YOU GOT IT
    @Navydaddjtc, put me on the step team, please.
    June 1 - 11181 steps

FANTASTIC YOUR ON IT

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you for all you do @Navydaddjtc your commitment to the group, means so much to me and I am sure to many others here. I am especially thankful for all the inspirational quotes you have posted on the page....so many times I have had to come and re read them, just to feel more positive and optimistic when this journey has gotten tough. You are such a positive role model and an amazing admin and although at first a little intimidated to be apart of such a interactive group, i am so happy I stayed because without you (or all the admins for that matter) I don't think I would be this dedicated, healthier person.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you for all you do @Navydaddjtc your commitment to the group, means so much to me and I am sure to many others here. I am especially thankful for all the inspirational quotes you have posted on the page....so many times I have had to come and re read them, just to feel more positive and optimistic when this journey has gotten tough. You are such a positive role model and an amazing admin and although at first a little intimidated to be apart of such a interactive group, i am so happy I stayed because without you (or all the admins for that matter) I don't think I would be this dedicated, healthier person.

@abowersgirl ..... I JUST READ THIS TO MY WIFE AND SHE ACTUALLY WENT OUT TO MY SHOP AND GOT A CLAMP THAT I USE FOR WOOD WORKING AND TOLD ME TO CLAMP IT ON MY HEAD AS IT WAS GETTING TO BIG... THANK YOU FOR THE KUDOS...

I HAVE BEEN HERE THRU THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD TIMES THERE HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES WHEN MEMBERS ON OTHER TEAMS AND ON THIS TEAM THINK AMD HAVE SAID SO THAT I AM WELL INTIMIDATING/MILITARISTIC TO SAY THE LEAST THAT MAY BE TRUE AS I SPENT A GOOD PORTION OF MY LIFE DEFENDING THIS NATION SO AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THE KUDOS IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED BY ME .

WE MODS AND CAPTAINS DO WHAT WE DO TO MAKE THIS THE BEST CHALLENGE ON MFP. YES IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME, BUT TO SEE YOU GUYS LOSE THIS WEIGHT AND GET HEALTHIER IS ALL THE THANKS I NEED.

AGAIN THANKS FOR KUDOS
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD EVENING WARRIORS
    TODAY'S WEIGH INS ARE A NO SHOW TO THIS POINT...WHAT EVERYONE OUT ENJOYING THIS GREAT WEATHER
    @DDM358
    @Gutcutter500
    @Patti705
    @RubyRed427

MY BAD I FORGOT TO DO THIS MORNING WITH CLOSING OUT MAY AND OPENING JUNE IT GOT PUSHED TO THE BACK BURNER.

IN THE ON DECK CIRCLE FOR TOMORROW IS
    @CLAIRETOMKINSON
    @CLARK2RL
    @melissafeagins
    @runarml

LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GREAT NUMBER TO KICK OFF THE MONTH.
    GREG
  • honeybee518
    honeybee518 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone! My name is Stephanie and I live in West Central Florida. This is my first Group Challenge and I look forward to having some motivators in my corner. My goals are to log every meal and step up my step counts.
    SW: 190
    CW: somewhere around 188
    GW: 145-150
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    NOW THAT MY MOD DUTIES ARE DONE FOR THE END OF THE MONTH I CAN NOW TURN MY ATTENTION TO MY TEAM..

GOOD MORNING WARRIORS AND WELCOME TO THE JUNE CHALLENGE..
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO COVER RATHER QUICKLY AND THEN I AM OUTTA OF YOUR HAIR...

o9mpd5dt54ax.png

1) DO WE WANT TO HAVE A STEP TEAM TO COMPETE AGAINST EACH OTHER...SOME OF LAST MONTHS STEPPERS KILLED IT MASSIVELY. THOSE NUMBERS WILL GIVE US A GOAL TO GET TO HOW EVER THERE IS ONE ERIN IN PARTICULAR AKA @runarml WHOM IS CONSISTENTLY IN THE 20-25 K RANGE. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN COUNTING YOUR STEPS LET ME OR @shockvalue07 AKA KIM KNOW AND WE WILL GET YOU ON THE SPREADSHEET.
    I FOR ONE AM GOING TO BE THERE AS I WANT TO TAKE RUN AT ERIN AKA @runarml HEHEHEHEHE BIG TIME GOAL FOR ME .

2) MEL AKA @melissafeagins HAD A GREAT IDEA LAST MONTH AND WE RAN WITH IT. NOW I WOULD LIKE TO IMPLEMENT "MEL'S CHALLENGE" AGAIN THIS WHOLE MONTH. HERE IS HOW SHE SET IT UP FOR US.
    For example:
    Today I will:
    1 Drink 80 ounces of water
    2 Eat breakfast.
    (I struggle with skipping breakfast and I drink more coffee than water. Put what you struggle with on the list. Your list won't necessarily look like mine.)

Just two steps in the right direction. It can be the same two every day or one habit you want to build and one other thing. Hopefully, we can hold each other accountable and get our team weight moving the right direction.

NOW THIS SEEMED TO HELP AND MOTIVATE EVERYONE INCLUDING SOME OF THE WALL FLOWERS.. I CAN PERSONALLY ATTEST THAT IT WORKED FOR ME. SO LET DO THIS FOR THE MONTH..AND ONCE THANKS FOR A GREAT IDEA.

3) I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO IMPLEMENT WARRIORS WORKOUT BUDDIES
    g1gw2l2ptpbu.png
    HERE IS HOW I ENVISION IT
    THERE ARE 26 OF US ON THE TEAM ALL 28 OF US ARE RESPONSIBLE TO EACH OTHER AND HOLD EACH ACCOUNTABLE FOR OUR WORKOUTS,OUR EATING HABITS HEALTHY OR NOT OUR H2O CONSUMPTION, AND OUR DAILY MENTAL HEALTH WHICH IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS OUR PHYSICAL HEALTH.
    IT IS MY HOPE TO BRING OUT THE WALL FLOWERS AND BE A PART OF A GREAT TEAM.

i42qyf9z44d9.png

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I CAN HANDLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FOR SURE...
    IT IS MY HOPE TO MAKE US THE BAD A$$ES OF THIS CHALLENGE

1l7683v69nmv.png
    HOORAH!! GO WARRIORS

I am in for a step challenge!!

I am in for Melissa’s daily goals challenge!!

I am in for warriors buddies!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Good evening, warriors! I have had a great weekend. We went for a little hike yesterday and it was so nice we went back today. Today we actually spotted a bald eagle. In my neck of the woods it’s very unusual and they are starting to move into the area so it’s quite a thrill.

I hope you’re all doing well! Have a great night and I’ll be back later with my daily step count. Just doing my cycling at the moment. Going for 10km on the stationary.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @megnolia82 VERY COOL.....GET IN TOUCH WITH WHOM YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTNER WITH AND MAKE IT HAPPEN... WHAT IS YOUR DAILY STEP GOAL ... AND THANKS FOR JOINING IN ON MEL'S CHALLENGE.

@melissafeagins ...HEY THERE WHAT S TOUR DAILY STEP GOAL IF YOU GOT ONE
    @runarml ......... SAME TO YOU AS ABOVE

COME ON TEAM LET'S GET SOME STEPPERS AND WALK THIS WEIGHT OFF...WALK WITH A PURPOSE
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited June 2019
    Options
    OHHHH YEAH I MET MY GOALS TODAY
    b118jr8bjfgo.png

WAY TO GO ME
    c6dfo3ci9dp8.png
  • clairetomkinson
    clairetomkinson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time:

Well it's Monday afternoon here. Been busy baking for the family and forgot to record my weigh in for the start of the challenge. My weight today was 118.4kg (260.48lb). Down 3.2kg from last Monday so am really excited and motivated to start this challenge. Would love a buddy to communicate with, if anybody's keen and still free. Bring on the next month.
  • DDM358
    DDM358 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: DDM358
    Weigh in Week: Week 4
    Weigh in Dat: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 198.4
    Today's Weight: 198.4
This discussion has been closed.