WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I have been trying to get a good mindset going for this month. I have been exploring the options of the Keto diet and Intermittent fasting. I have been doing the fasting for 5 days now. I am doing the 16:8 and I have found it getting easier the longer I do it. So far I have dropped 2 lbs of water weight. Now I am going to start exploring the Keto diet. I still need to do some shopping for it but I am working with what I have at the house for now. I don't want to go all out and not succeed on it and have felt like I wasted money on another fad diet. I have been watching a lot of videos on Youtube about both subjects. I want to at least give them both a try and see what happens. Is anyone on here doing either one of these?
    I'd llike to know your take on these 2 subjects.

@Navydaddjtc yes, I like the idea of keeping the step challenge and Mel's challenge and the buddy thing too.
    I am out of time for this morning. I must go to work!! Thankfully I am off tomorrow. I will catch up with everyone later!! Have a great Monday!!

Hi I have done keto and IF in the past and had a lot of success. Last year i lost about 40 pounds but I was never able to maintain keto for long so I would say I did mostly low carb, IF, and calorie counting (which I think is the most important). IF and reducing carbs are really only tools I use to reduce my overall calories.
    I found keto too restrictive and I get a little crazy trying to balance the macros. I really need to get back on track bc my eating is out of control. Binging at night. Too many carbs. I will do low carb and IF. Eating between 11 and 7. Carbs are like crack to me I can't just have a little bit so they have to go. Today is day 1. I hope I make it through the day. best of luck to you I look forward to hearing how your doing with it.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    @Bear479 I too feel like carbs are crack for me. yesterday was my first day on Keto and my fats were like probably over 75%. So yeah I have to even out the Macros a little better. I really don't think I would have made it this far without the IF. I work as a CNA so that did help a lot with the fasting until noon. Every time I have tried to do a low carb diet in the past I always fail because I want to binge eat on the carbs and sugar. With this Keto and IF I am just taking it 1 day at a time. So far it is working for me.
    You can make it! Good luck to you too!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It's my VBS break and I have found a quiet spot in the sun. 😁🌞

6/3 steps: 12772

Today's goals:
    80 ounces of water (yesterday I drank 96)
    10000 steps

Have a great Tuesday team!!
  • Bear479
    Options
    @Bear479 I too feel like carbs are crack for me. yesterday was my first day on Keto and my fats were like probably over 75%. So yeah I have to even out the Macros a little better. I really don't think I would have made it this far without the IF. I work as a CNA so that did help a lot with the fasting until noon. Every time I have tried to do a low carb diet in the past I always fail because I want to binge eat on the carbs and sugar. With this Keto and IF I am just taking it 1 day at a time. So far it is working for me.
    You can make it! Good luck to you too!!

I think keto is also easier in the US bc you have a lot of products geared to keto lifestyle. In Germany we don't have that and if I told someone I was doing keto or low carb they would look at me like I am crazy. Big bread culture here.
  • mrshorntonk
    mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    June start weight: 189.8
    Week 1 (Tuesday) weigh in: 188.3

May have trouble weighing next week as in Cyprus for a week ☀️😁🌴 but some of our hotels have a gym so hopefully some scales! 💪🏻

• 20KimmieKim16
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Bear479 Ohh, that's right you did mention that earlier. Well I guess that would put a damper on your success with the Keto diet. Here in the US Keto is the cool thing to do. lol and it's still hard to stick with. I hope you can find a way to get back to the eating habits you had when you lost the weight before.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc - I second, third, fourth and everyone else's comments in thanking you for keeping us all on track and motivated! Much appreciated that you are finding time to keep us all accountable, when you are so busy yourself!

My step goal is 10,000 steps
    Steps for Monday 11,540

I managed to stick to my goals today and have kept track of what I have been eating and didn't feel the need to eat biscuits and sandwiches during my break times. So, I'm going to keep to these goals for now.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    June start weight: 189.8
    Week 1 (Tuesday) weigh in: 188.3

May have trouble weighing next week as in Cyprus for a week ☀️😁🌴 but some of our hotels have a gym so hopefully some scales! 💪🏻

Got you logged for this week. Just let us know if you need to carry over your weight. We can make it work.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options

Today's goals:
    10000 steps

Got your steps logged. Keep on crushing those goals!
    NikMar wrote: »
    @Navydaddjtc - I second, third, fourth and everyone else's comments in thanking you for keeping us all on track and motivated! Much appreciated that you are finding time to keep us all accountable, when you are so busy yourself!

My step goal is 10,000 steps
    Steps for Monday 11,540

I managed to stick to my goals today and have kept track of what I have been eating and didn't feel the need to eat biscuits and sandwiches during my break times. So, I'm going to keep to these goals for now.
    Got your steps logged! Good job keeping up with the goals!

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options

June 2nd goal

1. Drink more water
    2. Come up with a meal plan for the week and in put into MFP (I have tried pre logging but by the end of the week I tend to stop and start eating whatever I am feeling like, healthy or not it does throw my macros and micros)

Done and done!

June 3rd goal

1. More water
    2. Don't eat after 8

Done and done

June 4th goal

1. Workout (insanity program)
    2. Follow pre planned meal

Done and done

June 5th goal

2. Do 2 hours of exercise
    3. Pre make food to the rest of the week

To be continued..
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    June 4 goals:
    80 oz of water exactly
    13933 steps so far.

June 5 goals:
    80 oz of water
    10000 steps

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Steps June 4th: 20,179

Woohoo hit the 20 :) my Fitbit has stopped sharing steps with MyFitnessPal so that’s disappointing. I will leave it for tomorrow and see if it’s
    Any better.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD NIGHT MY TEAM...I AM JUST TOO TIRED TO RESPOND TO ALL THESE GREAT POST... I WILL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING..... UNTIL THEN NITEY NITE
  • mskatz1966
    mskatz1966 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    will weigh tomorrow or Thursday; at an all day and 4 evening retreat at the Hayes Mansion in San Jose--40 minute drive for me from Palo Alto; having to bring my own lunches, and usually dinners too; a real challenge, plus exercise is a bit out of whack. doing m.y best within these limitations. diabetic blood sugars up slightly.
  • Bear479
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Steps June 4th: 20,179

Woohoo hit the 20 :) my Fitbit has stopped sharing steps with MyFitnessPal so that’s disappointing. I will leave it for tomorrow and see if it’s
    Any better.

Mine too. I have tried everything to reconnect. Reinstall relink everything I can think of annoying.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 161.2
    Week 1 (Wednesday) weigh in: 159.2

Goals today:
    Drink plenty of water
    No eating after 7pm
  • XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    XOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Doctor says it is a chest infection and sinusitis. Goals for today:

1. Eat fresh foods!
    2. Drink water and rooibos tea, 3 liters!

Good luck with your goals Warriors!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Quiarga
    Wednesdays
    Previous 129.4 last week
    Current 129.2 today
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

Today's goals:
    10000 steps

@melissafeagins ....wtg Mel well done your being very consistent. your killin those steps and goals great job

@abowersgirl......looks like a great plan and goals.... now let's see you knock it out of the park.

@megnolia82 wtg on the 20k steps outta sight your killin it

mskatz1966 wrote: »
    will weigh tomorrow or Thursday; at an all day and 4 evening retreat at the Hayes Mansion in San Jose--40 minute drive for me from Palo Alto; having to bring my own lunches, and usually dinners too; a real challenge, plus exercise is a bit out of whack. doing m.y best within these limitations. diabetic blood sugars up slightly.

@mskatz1966 .... you posted on the wrong team ..tour team is the SHRINKING ASSETS AND HERE IS THEIR LINK
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746720/shrinking-assets-team-chat-june-2019#latest
    REPORT YOUR WEIGHT THERE AND I'LL PASS THIS ON TO THEM

HatherM wrote: »
    Start weight: 161.2
    Week 1 (Wednesday) weigh in: 159.2

Goals today:
    Drink plenty of water
    No eating after 7pm

@HatherM ...WEIGHT POSTED CONGRATS ON THE LOSS..KEEP IT UP... VERY NICE GOALS WE GOT THIS TOGETHER.

@XOX_LOTSA_XOX ...SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE NOT QUITE FEELING YOUR BEST...KEEP FLUSHING WITH FLUIDS AND STAY THE COURSE...YOU'LL GET BETTER IN TIME.. SUPERB GOALS FOR TODAY

@quiarga ....WEIGHT POSTED CASEY WTG ON THE LOSS

WELL THAT CAUGHT ME UP...AWFUL SORE FROM YESTERDAYS GUTTER CLEANING HOWEVER DE LIMBING FRUIT TRESS TODAY THAT WE LOST IN SNOWMAGEDDEN 2019
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 178.2 lbs
    Week 1 (Wednesday) weigh in: 175.0 lbs
This discussion has been closed.