Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    good morning, well I am done with pt yesterday I was told I am at 100% I am so happy it is over. yesterday I went and visit my friend in rehab she is doing very good ,maybe she will be home soon. Roger that is awesome news that you are going in sooner will be saying prayers for you. Welcome home jo glad you had a nice time with your son and his family . hey vix you are always so busy take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Good News being finished with the PT. I guess the one question in my mind is do You feel 100% ?

Did they ever find the cause for Your friend ?

Thank You for the prayers, They must be working or else why the 1 week earlier.

Have a Good Day, Stay Dry for the upcoming week.
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Welcome back, Jo! So glad you had nice weather and a good visit! Always good to come back to your own bed. :wink:
    Roger, about the hospital stay....I've only had 2 operations, but both times I was so knocked out from the anesthesia, that I slept like a log for a couple of days. It probably did help that you asked them to move it up. I keep reading articles about how we have to be our own advocate. Will keep sending healing thoughts your way.
    Irene, so glad you are finished with your PT and back to 100%! And glad your friend is doing well.
    It's going up to 82 here today, I think mostly sunny with clouds coming in later. I have a baby shower to go to this afternoon. A grandchild for one of my friends. I love happy events. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    I am a firm believer in the old saying "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease" , So true.
    I had almost forgotten that the surgeon had said I would be getting an epidural for pain, I'm not sure I want a needle shoved into my back. They kept asking me about pain after the hernia repair, I did not have any pain from that, I felt like they were not sure I was telling them the truth. Trust me, if I had had pain they would have know about it. The only pain I felt was from being a human pin cushion from the Heparin injections and all the blood tests.

They say today should be a nice day with rain Monday. Looking out the window I see thin clouds in some parts of the sky.

A happy even indeed.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    good morning, had a nice walk this morning. We are going for breakfast as soon as George gets off the treadmill. No other plans for today . Yesterday I did start pulling weeds not my favorite thing to do take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,093 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    The shower yesterday was fun, but of course, I ate a bunch of things I shouldn't have...but I allow myself to do that for special occasions. Should be back to normal in a few days. I'm trying to be more realistic, and not so hard on myself. Work out a plan I can live with and enjoy.
    Irene, good for you for continuing to get in your early morning walks...enjoy your breakfast out.
    Roger, do you know how long you'll be staying in the hospital? It might not be so long. They seem to push people out of hospitals pretty quickly now. I avoid hospitals too...as much as possible. At least you'll get this problem taken care of, and then you can concentrate on getting well again.
    Hi Jo, guess you're getting back into your routine after your wonderful vacation.
    No special plans for me today...need to do some things around the house, and put my new registration sticker on my car.
    Cooler here today, only supposed to go up to around 72, then 70s through next Friday, some showers this afternoon, T-storms tomorrow and scattered on Thursday...of course all that can change.
    Happy Sunday, everyone! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well we were able to walk this morning before the rain started. I have a lot of running around to do today , Dr apt at 1:30 so hopefully he doesn't need to see me again he is the shoulder dr I am feeling a 100% Roger so much better. Than I plan on having lunch with my girl friend and then some shopping. We went for a nice ride in the woods yesterday and then went in the pool it was really nice take care everyone hi Vix and jo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did already post some humor

Hi
    Currently It is 63 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is well below normal. So far the Monday rain that carries over into Tuesday has not made an appearance.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-economy/with-venezuela-in-collapse-towns-slip-into-primitive-isolation-idUSKCN1T823D
    With Venezuela in collapse, towns slip into primitive isolation
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7118901/Venezuelan-former-oil-workers-enter-second-week-hunger-strike.html

https://www.nextgov.com/cio-briefing/2019/06/why-some-americans-wont-move-even-higher-salary/157494/
    Why Some Americans Won’t Move, Even for a Higher Salary

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2019
    Options
    good morning, had a nice walk this morning. We are going for breakfast as soon as George gets off the treadmill. No other plans for today . Yesterday I did start pulling weeds not my favorite thing to do take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    I hope the breakfast was enjoyable.
    We avoid weeds as much as possible due to my brother and the really heavy layer of mulch he spreads each year.
    good morning, well we were able to walk this morning before the rain started. I have a lot of running around to do today , Dr apt at 1:30 so hopefully he doesn't need to see me again he is the shoulder dr I am feeling a 100% Roger so much better. Than I plan on having lunch with my girl friend and then some shopping. We went for a nice ride in the woods yesterday and then went in the pool it was really nice take care everyone hi Vix and jo
    Has the rain started down there already ? Still dry here at 7:34 AM :smile:

I'm glad to hear that the therapy helped. It makes me wonder if I should have seen the doctor when my shoulder was hurting instead of toughing it out ?

Have a enjoyable time running around today
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    The shower yesterday was fun, but of course, I ate a bunch of things I shouldn't have...but I allow myself to do that for special occasions. Should be back to normal in a few days. I'm trying to be more realistic, and not so hard on myself. Work out a plan I can live with and enjoy.
    Irene, good for you for continuing to get in your early morning walks...enjoy your breakfast out.
    Roger, do you know how long you'll be staying in the hospital? It might not be so long. They seem to push people out of hospitals pretty quickly now. I avoid hospitals too...as much as possible. At least you'll get this problem taken care of, and then you can concentrate on getting well again.
    Hi Jo, guess you're getting back into your routine after your wonderful vacation.
    No special plans for me today...need to do some things around the house, and put my new registration sticker on my car.
    Cooler here today, only supposed to go up to around 72, then 70s through next Friday, some showers this afternoon, T-storms tomorrow and scattered on Thursday...of course all that can change.
    Happy Sunday, everyone! :)
    Hello Vix
    Sometimes You need a cheat day and the shower sounds like the perfect occasion.

I mostly do know. The Doctor said 7 days recovery in the hospital unless longer is indicated, not my favorite way to spend a week :(
    My suspicion is that the incision will be large enough that they want it fairly well healed before releasing me and he also said that in 10% of the cases they need to have a drainage tube.

Registration sticker, that reminds me of when NJ gave You License plate stickers for the front and rear plates that showed month and year. Those were in addition to the windshield passed or failed sticker.

Cooler but not dryer, oh well.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I guess there's nothing you can do about the long hospital stay, but it is much better to be mostly healed when you come home and have to take care of yourself. It's hard getting around after surgery, and your body will probably need the rest.
    We do have a registration sticker on the back license plate...one for month, one for year, but no windshield sticker in MD.
    It rained overnight and looks like it could rain again any moment, high of 78 today. High 70s the rest of the week, then going into the 80s starting Saturday.
    Irene, glad your shoulder is 100% ! Good luck with the Dr.
    Hi Jo.
    I have a massage this a.m., and will be seeing my rheumatologist for a checkup this afternoon.
    Busy day.
    Wishing everyone a good new week. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am glad your shoulder is 100% again and you had a good Dr. visit.
    Vix-It is ok to indulge every once in a while. I hope your Dr. visit went well.
    Roger-Good luck with your pre-op tests and braving the rush hour traffic today.
    Today is my first day back at work. I really enjoyed my time off from work.
    We are having rain today and Thursday, the rest of the week should be sunny in the 70's.
    Have a great day!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did post the new humor, Tomorrow I do not know, we will be leaving before 8 AM for the tests.

Hi
    Currently It is 70 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is normal. The Monday rain that fell was not as bad a forecast from what I could see. Tuesdays rain made an appearance overnight and currently a light rain is falling. I dread driving in it for the Pre-Admission testing today, Rain, Snow or Low visibilty seems to turn NJ drivers into Cretins. Some Drive their regular speed and other slow way down and as a result bad weather days have a plethora of crashes all over.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190609-historic-first-g20-weighs-ageing-global-risk
    In historic first, G20 weighs ageing as global risk

https://www.infowars.com/hundreds-of-illegals-from-ebola-ridden-congo-dumped-in-texas-350-more-on-the-way/
    Hundreds of Illegals From Ebola-Ridden Congo Dumped in Texas, 350 More on The Way

https://www.infowars.com/350-refugees-from-congo-overwhelming-facilities-to-deal-with-them-in-san-antonio/
    350 Refugees From Congo Overwhelming Facilities To Deal With Them In San Antonio

So Wrong IMO
    https://www.libertyheadlines.com/tsa-illegal-aliens-identification/
    TSA Lets Illegals Skip Airport Security Lines Ahead of Citizens
    The TSA lets illegal aliens board with a Form I-862, Notice to Appear…

https://nypost.com/2019/06/08/chilling-video-captures-crazed-customer-swing-machete-at-hapless-deli-clerk/
    Chilling video captures crazed customer swing machete at hapless deli clerk

https://nypost.com/2019/06/09/lyft-driver-runs-out-of-gas-gets-busted-with-17-license-suspensions/
    Lyft driver runs out of gas, gets busted with 17 license suspension

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I was happy it stopped long enough to go for our walk plan on getting on the treadmill today I need to get a little more exercise in .Had a great Dr visit he does want me to do exercising at home so I don't have the pain back no special plans for today. On our second walk yesterday I found a dime take care everyone . Jo have a great day back to work.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I guess there's nothing you can do about the long hospital stay, but it is much better to be mostly healed when you come home and have to take care of yourself. It's hard getting around after surgery, and your body will probably need the rest.
    We do have a registration sticker on the back license plate...one for month, one for year, but no windshield sticker in MD.
    It rained overnight and looks like it could rain again any moment, high of 78 today. High 70s the rest of the week, then going into the 80s starting Saturday.
    Irene, glad your shoulder is 100% ! Good luck with the Dr.
    Hi Jo.
    I have a massage this a.m., and will be seeing my rheumatologist for a checkup this afternoon.
    Busy day.
    Wishing everyone a good new week. :)
    Hello Vix
    That was the conclusion I drew too, Better to be able to get out of bed when needed.

Strange weather this year, Well above average rainfall in May for example. Right now it is still wet outside but no rain is falling.

I hope the rheumatologist checkup went well.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am glad your shoulder is 100% again and you had a good Dr. visit.
    Vix-It is ok to indulge every once in a while. I hope your Dr. visit went well.
    Roger-Good luck with your pre-op tests and braving the rush hour traffic today.
    Today is my first day back at work. I really enjoyed my time off from work.
    We are having rain today and Thursday, the rest of the week should be sunny in the 70's.
    Have a great day!
    Hello Joanne
    The problem is my rush hour driving skills are rusty. The last time I drove in rush hour was in the 90s :wink:

Rain today and Thursday here too.

Stay Safe and Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, I was happy it stopped long enough to go for our walk plan on getting on the treadmill today I need to get a little more exercise in .Had a great Dr visit he does want me to do exercising at home so I don't have the pain back no special plans for today. On our second walk yesterday I found a dime take care everyone . Jo have a great day back to work.
    Hello Irene
    When I looked at the weather radar last night it looked like Your area was getting some heavy rain. This mornings radar looked much better with breaks in the rain.

Congratulations on finding the Dime and the great doctor visit.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Best wishes, Roger....hope all the testing goes well. Give yourself extra time for the drive.
    Glad you had a good Dr. visit Irene.
    NIce to have you back, Jo. Work...oh, well.
    Today is supposed to be sunny here with a high of 77. It never got that warm yesterday. Forecast for T-storms here Thursday too.\
    Off to stained glass and clay this a.m
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted some humor

Hi
    Currently It is 58 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I was worried about driving in for the Pre-Admission testing Tuesday needlessly. The Forecast rains for Monday were not as bad as predicted and Tuesday the rains had ended before 7 AM which was well before Sunday's weather forecast said they would. The Roads had dried off from traffic and the drive went well.
    Arrive 8:15 according to the parking ticket time stamp and paying the reduced fee after having the ticket validated at 11 AM. Then we had a problem finding the car, It was parked on the level 7 and not there. The NBPA sent a car to help us find it. It turns out that the parking garage has two level 7s, why ? One for the inbound direction and a different one on the outbound lane which is where we had been looking :(

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-ai-is-catching-people-who-cheat-on-their-diets-job-searches-and-school-work-2019-06-10
    How AI is catching people who cheat on their diets, job searches and school work

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest
    iOS 13 will map the apps that are tracking you

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-homeless-safe-parking-los-angeles-20190610-story.html
    16,000 people in L.A. now live in cars, vans and RVs. But safe parking remains elusive

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-led-tax-rebellion-later-100002810.html
    Amazon Led a Tax Rebellion. A Year Later, Seattle Is Gridlocked.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190610-climate-activists-blockade-cruise-ship-german-port
    Climate activists blockade cruise ship in German port

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Best wishes, Roger....hope all the testing goes well. Give yourself extra time for the drive.
    Glad you had a good Dr. visit Irene.
    NIce to have you back, Jo. Work...oh, well.
    Today is supposed to be sunny here with a high of 77. It never got that warm yesterday. Forecast for T-storms here Thursday too.\
    Off to stained glass and clay this a.m
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Yesterday the temperatures outside were OK and there was a stiff wind that helped. As You note, tomorrows weather may be a bit rough. So today is run around day, Bank and then laundry so I can get the Shorts I wear to the bank washed for Friday. They gave me something called Hibclens that I need to shower with Thursday before going to bed with bedding and then again Friday morning. So my guess is that I should also be wearing all freshly washed clothes Friday.

I hope the stained glass went well. Just curious, what are You working on this time ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I increased my time so yesterday I did 22 minutes on the treadmill today I did 28 minutes need to get over this stalling of the weight loss. Annie really doesn't want to walk that much after her swim and chasing the stick so I need to up my treadmill time. Today I go to the hospital for the sick my friend is still in rehab so I will go early which I prefer. Roger glad your drive was ok. Hi vix and jo
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all just wanted to tell you I ordered the built bars they are so good real chocolate 110 calories they are a protein but are so good I ordered mine from builtbar.com