• grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday 06/12
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (went over by a bit)
    Exercise: Yes (walked)
    Goals/Day/Comments:
    Walk 10,000 steps (haven't been getting this goal for a while now).
    Calories stay within my daily amount (almost had it yesterday but i gave in to an ice cream sandwich).
    Water, drink more water (this one should be easy, right...but no, this one is just as hard as my other 2 goals ;) .
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Daily check in for Wednesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: just over 100 over my "base" target, definitely under if you include exercise calories (which really isn't bad since I had and extra 400-ish calorie meal yesterday!)
    Water: Over 100 oz - wahoo!
    Exercie: yes - 50 min upper body strength work, plus 10+ min on the treadmill ('cause I couldn't stop that short of 1 hour!)
    Steps: 11,000+ steps

So I've been really struggling the last few days. I was blaming is on seeing other people's amazing progress, and getting discouraged about my own slow pace (which is something I've struggled with often). But good news, I'm feeling better today! Which leads me to believe the problem was really something else entirely - namely, stress at home. My husband has been on a weird schedule the last few days - he needed to be in bed about the time I got home (or shortly thereafter) and had to leave before the rest of us woke up. Which means 3 things: (1) I haven't been sleeping that well because I always wake up when he's getting ready, (2) we have had NO time to talk and (3) he hasn't been able to help with the kids (bedtime or morning). Thank goodness he's back to his normal schedule!!

On a side note...i really need to find an avatar for my posts...

I have been known to use She-Ra or Jem. lol

Happy you are feeling better today! We all have our struggles... sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes it lasts a few months.... I have gone through weeks of not tracking anything and having an "IDGAF" attitude! And then getting mad cuz the scale wasn't going down, then drowning my sorrows in cookies or pizza.
    It's not an easy road. But a slow pace is a maintainable pace. And since none of us want to go back to the beginning of this road, the maintainable pace is what we need.
    You are doing great! <3
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @batgirl140 Congrats on your NSVs, that’s awesome 👏 🤗

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Wednesday
    Track: no
    Calories: over
    Water: Over 100 oz
    Exercise: walking
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Happy you are feeling better today! We all have our struggles... sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes it lasts a few months.... I have gone through weeks of not tracking anything and having an "IDGAF" attitude! And then getting mad cuz the scale wasn't going down, then drowning my sorrows in cookies or pizza.
    It's not an easy road. But a slow pace is a maintainable pace. And since none of us want to go back to the beginning of this road, the maintainable pace is what we need.
    You are doing great! <3

Thanks! I was definitely struggling with the "IDGAF" attitude - it was like I felt like it wasn't worth all this work, maybe I should just throw in the towel and settle into being "fat and happy." But I don't want that. I want (and deserve) better for me and better for my kids!

Ooooo...i hadn't thought about She-Ra (or Jem) - I might have to use that next. I actually have a Wonder Woman one in mind, I just have to get around to finding it again and adding it.

And congrats on you NSVs! That's part of what keeps me motivated right now - I have a tub (and a drawer) of brand new or brand-new-to-me clothes that I want to wear! And I REALLY want to be able to wear my tees without a sweater (a lot of them fit just fine, except in the arms...grrr...).
  • tinak33
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »

You are doing great! <3

Thanks! I was definitely struggling with the "IDGAF" attitude - it was like I felt like it wasn't worth all this work, maybe I should just throw in the towel and settle into being "fat and happy." But I don't want that. I want (and deserve) better for me and better for my kids!

Ooooo...i hadn't thought about She-Ra (or Jem) - I might have to use that next. I actually have a Wonder Woman one in mind, I just have to get around to finding it again and adding it.

@batgirl140 And congrats on you NSVs! That's part of what keeps me motivated right now - I have a tub (and a drawer) of brand new or brand-new-to-me clothes that I want to wear! And I REALLY want to be able to wear my tees without a sweater (a lot of them fit just fine, except in the arms...grrr...).

Love the new profile pic!
    I fixed your comment, because that NSV was for @batgirl140 haha

It's great when we can fit into clothes that we used to wear with coverups, but can now wear without them! And be comfortable!! It's an awesome feeling.

I get it when you just want to throw in the towel and learn to accept the size you are. But at the same time, if that's not where you want to be, knowing you have the power to change that can be pretty motivating sometimes!
    I will admit that there are days when I look at the cookies and think, "I'm gonna be fat today.... and make up for it all week...." lol

I have a quote that is taped to my computer monitor at work. It has kept me motivated for 2 years now. I keep it here because I do a LOT of my snacking at work.... so it really helps. I got the quote from an old member of Slimsons, from back in early 2018.

"Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most."

So when I reach for a snack with my IDGAF attitude (cuz I'm not hungry, just want to eat cuz it's there...), I see that quote and then have to think about it......
  • tinak33
    Options
    So....... with all my pep talking.... I had reached my daily calorie goal before 3pm. Does that mean I get gum for dinner? :D:D

My daughter had a tick bite that healed, but 2 days ago, that same spot was very red and there was a bump. This morning itwas pink and twice the size. So we rushed to the doctor to get it checked. Ticks are in full swing this year, because the spring has been so wet... so the doctor has been dealing with a lot of tick bites.
    Turns out it was just a bug bite on top of where the tick bite was. Well my daughter (who is 3) always goes to McD's with my mom after doctor visits (since they tend to be around lunch time) and she gets chicken nuggets. She told us at the doctor's office that she was hungry for chicken nuggets and she wanted to sit down.
    So after the checkup and the emotional relief that my daughter isn't at risk for lyme disease....
    I treated my mom and daughter to McD's for lunch. And I proceeded to eat 980 calories. :D
    That plus 2 cups of coffee equals my daily calories!! AAAHHH!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥 Daily Post: Thursday, 13th June💥

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Comments: Difficult day today health-wise, but still I did not binge. I made a firm plan of what to eat for the day and stuck to it like glue. Feel positive and proud of myself. In other news, Daughter's chicken pox has proven super mild and she's been a trooper, so it's made being at home easier and, actually, quite fun having the time together. Especially as she's starting school in September I'm taking in what I can whilst I have it 🥰
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, June 13th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Body Pump, Stair Climber, Elliptical
    ✅ Water: 253.6 oz. +
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    6.13 Daily Check IN (Thur) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Hot 🥵 🧘‍♀️ Yoga and Barre 🤸‍♀️ 🏋️‍♀️!

Comments: Great day! 👍🔥🤸‍♀️
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: June 13th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,000 steps

It was hard to get my steps in today because I left work early to run errands. But, when I got home from my errands I walked around the block a few times before I hit the sofa. I'm about 75 steps short of 10,000 now but I will be there before bedtime.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I thought this news article was pretty surprising. I knew that sugary drinks were bad for you but I had no idea how bad. Incidentally, the doctor being interviewed is my Dad's cardiologist. He just loves her....and he dislikes most doctors. https://wbtv.com/2019/06/14/that-has-give-you-pause-charlotte-cardiologist-harvard-study-linking-sugary-drinks-an-early-death/

I love how they say there's a link between sugary drinks and increased risk of death, they leave out the part from heart disease, probably because of all the years that the American Heart Association said to eat more carb (grains) (aka sugar) which does NOT improve heart health. I also love how they're also saying sugary drinks, it's sugar in general...but sugary drinks do tend to be worse because you drink them quicker and don't get full signals like you might if you ate sugar instead, although that's also another issue since sugar is so addicting, you may eat just as much of it anyway...I'll stop ranting...

Here's the Harvard study info if anyone's interested.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes 60 mins walking, 60 mins weight training, 75 mins yard work.

Comments: I will be glad to finish my yard work tomorrow, so my yard will stop attacking me. Just saying. Of course, if I had dealt with it sooner, it might not be a jungle, so there's that. Anyways, I'd say I learned my lesson, but it's unlikely, I'll probably do it next year too.
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post- Thursday

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Water 120 oz
    Steps: 2,712

This discussion has been closed.