TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday. June 6

Track: No
    Calories: Not sure, probably under. Still not at my best.
    Exercise: Yes, Back
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: Under 5,000

• lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @lsjhudson sorry to hear you had a tough day. Iโ€™ve got all that to look forward to with my son ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Iโ€™m sure the couple of brownies didnโ€™t do any damage - hope you enjoyed them! As you said, just move on from it and start afresh tomorrow ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

Turns out it didn't...weighed in the same this morning ๐Ÿ˜ that makes me feel so much better and relieved. Starting the day feeling more positive ๐Ÿ™Œ Thanks all!
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Username: Veeedot
    in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 215
    Todays Weight: 214.6 ๐Ÿ˜

I have upped the exercise but not been good with the food. Iโ€™ve been busy all week and super stressed but this week is better I have time to plan meals. Hopefully Iโ€™ll have a better result next week ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Thur June 6
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes

Last night wasnโ€™t so good for me. Got into a fight with my husband and ate handful after handful of m&ms. Although I was still under calories for the day. Ugh ๐Ÿ˜‘
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: DeshotelK
    June Week 1

Current Weight: 198.6

Well dang it. It jumped up 4 lbs one day and itโ€™s been this weight for three days. Grrr...
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, June - Week 1
    PW = 161.3
    CW= 162.4

๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿฅบ
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @tinak33 I feel the same about staying in this weight decade, I no longer want to see the 150s, I also no longer want to see the 140s, but that's another story lol.

@ashanna2019 Nice loss! You're making great progress!!

@tdrjustus3 Great loss!!

@vicky2767 Nice day! and I always log in from the website, so I didn't really notice anything weird.
    One of the things I like to do when I get into fights with my husband, although, lately those have been pretty minimal as we've decided that honestly really is the best policy (something we should have decided a long time ago as this month will mark our 9 year anniversary of marriage, together way longer than that), and we've gotten to a point where most everything really isn't worth fighting over, but every now and again he says something that just rubs me the wrong way and I go take a super hot shower to "cool down" and that usually makes me feel better, I do a lot of thinking in the shower, it got me through college lol. However, in the long run, a handful of M&M's really isn't the worst you can do!

@Bm00re2u Great start to June!!

@OkieGina Planning is really one of the best ways to stay on track in social situations! You got this!

@o0kody0o Nice day!!

@SLIMn2016 Another awesome day!! And I don't have to tell you that your tiny gain is most likely not anything to worry about. Do you ever measure your body fat and lean mass? I think you'd be reaaaaally surprised at the results since you hit the exercise and strength training as hard as you do. And also, you LOOK amazing! Always love seeing your new pics!

@digger61 It's exciting that you can start weights again! Great progress!!

@lsjhudson We all have those days where we're just tested, and kids can be a source at times! Glad you minimized it!!
    My niece did that (she's 4) the last time she was here, I got her a good size wooden toy box and she pull alllll of the toys out of that and threw them across "her" room and crawled in the toy box and hid in there like somehow that was going to save her from having to follow the rules (because she has so many, *rolls eyes*) and I let her sit in that box until she decided to calm down, and then we picked up the toys and cleaned up the room, but she was definitely overtired, that was the day she decided to get up at 3am and refuse to go back to bed...so it happens.

@Fitness327wk Nice day, and I've been giving some though to whether or not I might give yoga a try, my coach really believes in it as it helps with mobility for weighlifting, and I've incorporated a lot of yoga exercises into my warm up routine, but I'm not overly flexible and have always felt a little uncomfortable trying a yoga class per se, maybe some day...

@2muchchocncrisps Nice day! Just looked up Tai Chi, never really looked into that before, what got you started on that?

@cydneebauman Sorry to hear you're still sick, glad you're able to stay under, but hang in there, sometimes it takes a while to get back to normal, especially when you're under so much stress!

@aadubb Nice exercise!!

@CindyJNC1963 Another amazing day! I'm so happy for you, I remember when you struggled with just a little walking and now you're racking up the miles!!

@genajonas I think you're doing great!! It can certainly take a while to hit your stride, and the important thing is to not give up, momentum is important! I hope you're taking pictures along the way, those were huge for me, and I'm about to update mine, probably in the next 2 weeks, when I hit my 100 lb goal, my original goal (having a hard time with the fact that I'm about to hit my original 100 lb goal and have to start thinking about another goal). Really, if we're being honest, I'm having a harder time with the fact that I had more than 100 lbs to lose, can't believe I never saw that, and let myself get to that point!

@Veeedot Exercise will ALWAYS help you get to your goals, both directly and indirectly, but the biggest part of any weight loss plan will always be your diet. It's important to track, even if you don't make a lot of changes at first, it's not really possible to know what you need to change if you're not tracking, otherwise, you're really just flying blind and making changes that may or may not help you in the long run.
    For me, even when I was eating the same thing for weeks at a time (and yes, I've really done that, it's just easier for me some times) I still tracked it, otherwise I didn't know what I needed to change when the weight loss slowed down.

@DeshotelK Try more water, and look at what you ate on the day before you saw the gain, it's water weight and likely you ate something your body didn't like. This is most of the reason I track my weight every day, it's important for me to know my body and what it does and does not like because we are allllll very different and some foods work and some foods don't but it's hard to know that unless you're tracking. And another thing is STRESS, stressing about that 4 lbs of water weight isn't really helping you either, so try to relax, assess and drink more water, you can do this! Take a deep breath!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Batgirl140
    Weigh in: June week 1
    Friday weigh in

PW: 199.0
    CW: 197.8

Know itโ€™s a good loss and I acknowledge that but I was lower earlier in the week. Small loss last week, eating right, 4 nights at taekwondo, I expected more. See what next week brings!
  • mltobia316
    mltobia316 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in Friday
    June week 1
    Username: mltobia316
    PW: 250.8
    CW:249.4

• AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I really want everyone to embrace the changes they're making which are most definitely for the better, and I think it's important to recognize that what we're doing is helping, so in that spirit, Name (at least) one thing that is better in your life because of the changes you're making, and for those of us who are new and maybe haven't seen a lot significant changes yet, maybe think about what your goals really are in relation to weight loss, maybe you want to be able to keep up with your kids, or have more energy, etc.
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: ยป
    Question of the Week:

I really want everyone to embrace the changes they're making which are most definitely for the better, and I think it's important to recognize that what we're doing is helping, so in that spirit, Name (at least) one thing that is better in your life because of the changes you're making, and for those of us who are new and maybe haven't seen a lot significant changes yet, maybe think about what your goals really are in relation to weight loss, maybe you want to be able to keep up with your kids, or have more energy, etc.

My big push was because of my divorce. I was so sick of working out for her on her time line doing her workouts going her pace to try to help her and not even being thanked for it. Now that my mindset is to do this for me for once everything has changed. I haven't been this light in 6+ years or this fit ever, and I'm just getting started.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work and 205 squats
    Water: about 210 oz

My shins hurt. lol
    And I wanted to snack on all the things. I did do some snacking... but I kept it in my calories....
    Also, I can't have popcorn the rest of this week because I feel I should spare my coworkers from the burnt popcorn smell at least ONE day this week.... LMAO
    I have the small bags. And it says to put it in for 4 minutes, but sometimes its done in 1.5 minutes. SERIOUSLY!?!? I burn the popcorn EVERY SINGLE TIME. :D:D Not a lot.... just enough to get the entire floor to smell like burnt popcorn. haha
    I actually kinda like it slightly burned. I'm weird like that. But still. That smell is strong and not exactly pleasant.....
    Anyway.... daily weigh ins say I am still holding strong in the very high 140s..... like BARELY in the 140s. But still there. And muscles are still sore from that 5K. Guess that means I should move more.....? lol
    My coworker and I are probably going to check out a gym next week after work sometime.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @lsjhudson Hugs to you mama! I'm in awe of your ability to hug her and stay quiet - I tend to have to leave the room to avoid screaming in our version of those situations! And for not binge-ing!! Sometimes, all we can do is take care of / comfort ourselves (and isn't that what chocolate is for! ;) ) and then move on.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

My self confidence level is a lot higher. I don't feel like hiding as much.
    Also, I am more comfortable in my clothes and in my own skin. I am more willing to go out and do things. I am happy with my accomplishments and it makes me feel like I can DO things.
    My appetite is smaller, so I don't feel as hungry all the time. I still snack, but I am more conscious of what I am eating and how much. I feel more comfortable running around with my daughter.
    I think my will is stronger in resisting certain foods or resisting certain AMOUNTS of foods.
  • AB0215
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Question of the Week:

My big push was because of my divorce. I was so sick of working out for her on her time line doing her workouts going her pace to try to help her and not even being thanked for it. Now that my mindset is to do this for me for once everything has changed. I haven't been this light in 6+ years or this fit ever, and I'm just getting started.

@eromligyppah It's important to do these things for YOU and I'm glad that you're able to do that.
    And I totally get that, I train alone, on purpose. I've had people want to workout with me, want to do what I do (and I 100% believe they couldn't stay on pace with me, and I have goals lol) so I actively choose not to do that. It's really not personal, nothing against them, I just have a very specific target and I'm not willing to slow down, for anyone.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    โญ๏ธNSVโญ๏ธ

Today when I was walking to the shop, I realised that my thighs no longer rub together at the top! I actually have a little gap between the tops of my thighs and I canโ€™t believe it! I only use my exercise bike maybe 2-3 times a week but my legs and bottom are more defined now ๐Ÿ˜Š 36lbs ago, my thighs and bottom liked to do this jiggle when I walked but thatโ€™s gone too ๐Ÿ˜…

Awesome so proud of you.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: June week 1
    PW = 140
    CW=138.5

Letโ€™s go! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ฅ

Way to go๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰
This discussion has been closed.