gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    jmitts2 wrote: »
    Username: jmitts2
    Weigh in Week: June, Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 227
    Current Weight: 226

Comments- Stupid scale haha, oh well... will do better next week.

A loss is a loss, at least you didn't gain.😍
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

I really want everyone to embrace the changes they're making which are most definitely for the better, and I think it's important to recognize that what we're doing is helping, so in that spirit, Name (at least) one thing that is better in your life because of the changes you're making, and for those of us who are new and maybe haven't seen a lot significant changes yet, maybe think about what your goals really are in relation to weight loss, maybe you want to be able to keep up with your kids, or have more energy, etc.

My self confidence level is a lot higher. I don't feel like hiding as much.
    Also, I am more comfortable in my clothes and in my own skin. I am more willing to go out and do things. I am happy with my accomplishments and it makes me feel like I can DO things.
    My appetite is smaller, so I don't feel as hungry all the time. I still snack, but I am more conscious of what I am eating and how much. I feel more comfortable running around with my daughter.
    I think my will is stronger in resisting certain foods or resisting certain AMOUNTS of foods.

@tinak33 Same. I used to want to be in the shadows, never in the spotlight, and doing what I do, that's something I'd had to let go of, people stop and stare at me alllll the time in the gym, it's not common for a lot of people to be doing Olympic style weightlifting where I'm training so people stare, and having said that, sort of good for me at the same time since I train to compete so I get used to people watching me. Someday, I'll probably move to a place where that's common and I won't be special anymore lol. But yeah, losing the weight has done a lot for boosting my own opinion of myself and feeling better about what I can do, which is soooo much more now.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    lesockie wrote: »
    Username: lesockie
    Weigh in week: June Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous week's weight: 178.2 lbs
    Today's weight: 175.0 lbs

Let me know if I posted that incorrectly!

Awesomeness keep it up 💃🏾👍🏾👌🏾🎊🎉
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under but not as much as I was earlier in the week
    Exercise: yes, 30 minute training / deck of cards session
    Water: about 100 oz

I need to do a better job of planning my dinners - and something I'll actually want to eat. I generally have my lunches planned out for the week (since I bring my lunch to work). Breakfast isn't an issue since I IF during the week (and sometimes weekends). BUT I seem to only have a general idea regarding what I'm going to have for dinner. Which is fine, I guess, but my dinners have been very underwhelming this week, and it's only by sheer willpower (and stubbornness) that I have managed to stay within my calories this week. Guess I'll see what i can come up with this weekend!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    I have gained weight since February... about 10lbs.... 🤷🏻‍♀️

NSV: Today, I lifted heavier, I made it through the entire squat/lunge track with my heavy weight plate, non-stop, and I was able to do the entire core track --all plank variations on my toes, and I was able to do a faster and heavier resistance HIIT session on the elliptical.

Wow! You go girl!🎊👌🏾👏🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Daily check in June 4

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 45 min taekwondo class. Class two days in a row, a bit sore today. Good sore. 😁

Sorry I’ve been MIA again. Struggling to get back and stay in routine after s few fun weekends. Still lossing just fluctuating a lot. Need to get back to checking in here daily again.

3p62d400qchp.png

Just did my measurements yesterday. Overall, from 13 points, I’ve lost 29.25 inches! Most in my abdomen. Think it’s picked up since I started karate classes, especially in my legs. I’d recommend measuring to anyone that doesn’t!

Way to go
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Batgirl140

Know it’s a good loss and I acknowledge that but I was lower earlier in the week. Small loss last week, eating right, 4 nights at taekwondo, I expected more. See what next week brings!

I seem to always be lower a few days before my weigh-in. That's part of why i started weighing daily (and tracking it). Seeing the trend helps me not worry too much about where I'm at on my weigh-in day.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💥 Daily Post: Wednesday 5th June 💥

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: under 👍 (I would have been 13kcal over but stickler to my calories I gave one of my snacks to The Husband 😂
    Exercise: Not today. Not really trying on this bit right now as feel like I can only focus on getting my calories into a habit right now!

Comments: Completely not health related, but new season of Black Mirror dropped today on Netflix...it's a good day! 😊 Which is just as well because I am so tired! Is this my body getting used to the lower calorie intake? Anyways it's all manageable, so no worries.

Hope you're all having a good start to the second week! X

Laura, that's how I started out too, my focus was on not binging and sticking to my low calorie intake and then slowly I started adding exercise routine.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    @batgirl140 Agreed. You're doing yourself a BIG huge favor by taking measurements, something I'm glad my first trainer got me started on, she told me that it would be worth it and I'll be damned if she wasn't 100% correct.
    Here's a snippet of my most recent measurements, I've taken them once a month (with a few exceptions) over more than 2 years at this point. And some things that a lot of others won't necessarily see is some of my numbers are drastically different than someone who isn't weightlifting, my weight will always be higher, my arms and legs (and butt/hips) will always be a bit bigger, as I actively put on muscle, so while over the years I've managed to lose almost 35 total inches, there were times that parts of my body were smaller before I built up those muscles too, and I am in no way unhappy with my body these days, not at all, the only part I am even remotely concerned with is my belly, and that's getting there.

wnp7zjfd1bgu.png

Awesome! I've been writing mines in my journal but this spreadsheet is a great idea. Thanks
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I really want everyone to embrace the changes they're making which are most definitely for the better, and I think it's important to recognize that what we're doing is helping, so in that spirit, Name (at least) one thing that is better in your life because of the changes you're making, and for those of us who are new and maybe haven't seen a lot significant changes yet, maybe think about what your goals really are in relation to weight loss, maybe you want to be able to keep up with your kids, or have more energy, etc.

I changed my eating and exercise. I feel better able to do more and have way energy.
  • digger61
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been sick these past three days either stomach virus or new medication but I thank God I feel so much better today. . .missed a lot appointments this week especially my talk therapy which I really need to keep me on point

Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories way under couldn't keep anything down
    Exercise no
    Water 220oz

Daily Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes wayyyyy under couldn't keep much down
    Exercise no
    Water 198oz

Username gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week June Week 1
    PW: 461.2
    CW:460.2

Goals/comments
    Surprisingly I didn't gain. Still STAYING positive regardless

great loss happy to hear you are feeling better
  • digger61
    Options
    @mltobia316 A lot of us struggle with mindless eating. I'm a very visual person, seeing is believing for me, and one of the things I've done over the last 2 years in my journey that's really helped me to see my choices and progress is my calendar above my desk. I've got sticker system, I have a sticker for staying on my eating plan, a sticker for my exercise and one more sticker that I recently started using because I have to actually go to the gym 12 times a month for my insurance to pay for the membership, so I plan those trips since I actually train at home most of the time. And I plan my weight loss too, since I plan on losing 1.5 lbs a week, I write on it in one color what my planned loss should be, and then what my actual is below it in a different color, which also helps me to visualize my progress. And really seeing what I'm planning on losing helps me to stay accountable and I'm determined to get to my goal this summer!
    (also it's a little hard to see in this pic, but my tracking stickers have smiley faces...a super cute reminder that I did it!)
    xtzzb3n7kmz2.jpg
    I think I also mentioned this to @genajonas once too, but never showed her the actual photo, so here you go!

that is a great way to track and keep focused
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Track: yes
    calories: under
    exercise: 120 aqua size and cleaning
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I think the thing that has changed most for me recently is feeling more content with other measurable progress rather than the scale (which lately has been unreasonable😂). I feel so much healthier---and bc I am finally recovered from injuries last year--- I have a deep appreciation for feeling well--and being able to do the level of activity I have now acquired.

I just appreciate being were I am right at this moment and I am no longer driving myself nuts worrying about were I think I "should be". I think it is so important to embrace the blessing of just being as well off as you are in this moment while having optimism for more good progress to come!
    💪🏻😊
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Daily check in for Thur June 6
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes

Last night wasn’t so good for me. Got into a fight with my husband and ate handful after handful of m&ms. Although I was still under calories for the day. Ugh 😑

Today is a new day! Hope your day is going better today. 🤗 🤗💜💜👊👊
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

My confidence has been boosted since losing weight and that’s made a big difference. I’m much happier and content with life in general. I walk with my head held higher now, whereas before, I used to be embarrassed and would hide myself with oversized hoodies and unflattering clothing. Throughout life I’ve always doubted myself, and I didn’t think I was “capable” of losing weight, let alone 36lbs this far. It’s made me realise that if I really want to achieve something, I can!

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Friday 7 June

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking and 15 mins on exercise bike
    💭Comments: This morning I thought I’d hit my original GW of 147lbs (the scale showed 147.6) so I stepped on and off a few times and it stayed the same. I couldn’t believe it, so I stepped on the scales a few minutes later just to be sure, and I’d gained 0.7 within that few minutes lol. I wasn’t sure which weight to go by, so I just took the highest reading of 148.3.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, June 7th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Nope, over
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Body Pump Express, CXWorks & Walking
    ✅ Water: 200 oz.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I'm happier. Genuinely, already. I'm happier being more in control of myself, I feel lighter within myself and feel more positive..and I'm proud of myself. Stupid really but it's been a really long time since I've been proud of myself 🥰
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥 Daily Post: Friday, 7th June 💥

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: sliiiiightly over...went out for an Indian with The Husband.
    ✅Exercise: Yes...ran around like a crazy lady cleaning my house before Mother arrived.

Comments: I'm away for the weekend with The Husband (Mother has the children, thank goodness bc after last night with Daughter I'm looking forward to some quiet!). Some good friends are having their 40th birthday party so we've travelled over for it. I'll be quiet this weekend because of this and might miss some posts so I do apologise ahead of time! But I will still try to do my daily posts x
This discussion has been closed.