WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Did you know that the World Health Organization has issued a revision of the BMI range chart that now takes age into account as well as height / weight?

This is a great one. Makes much more sense to me.

https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/

jybirz0ptd6d.jpeg

at7emtmuna4h.jpeg

a39lojl85jvx.jpeg

oeasdsn29b8v.jpeg
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in, week two.
    PW: 244.6
    CW: 245.2

Sigh. :(
    All that stress and bad eating, and I basically lost a week of progress. Feels like I'll never drop all this weight.

@Terytha Keep going, it is very hard but just refocus and keep going. The worst is when you stop and then put the weight back on that you worked so hard to take off. You go this
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »

@Connie7355 thanks for sharing this was great
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    HATS OFF to our top LOSERS for this past week ----

1st @evangsimmons170
    2nd @zlauerMom
    3rd @Andreabroadley

We managed to come in 3rd this week, but it was not a fabulous week for anyone but the winning team, Mission Slimpossibles. We did OK, though - and I feel certain that this coming week we will be climbing back up the mountain.

It is good seeing these recent discussions of numbers. And fear. @mari_moulin - you are feeling a lot of fear about the end of the losing process. And I am sure that all of us know that fear of the beginning the process. It is so strange how frightening it can be to change the patterns. Stopping what we are used to is really scary. @mari_moulin you must remember that from when you decided to seriously lose weight. I sure do. And even now, if I slip a bit (I have been more-or-less at maintenance for over 5 years), starting the losing process again is always somehow frightening. It is much easier to fall into lax habits (you are right to be scared of that!), but staying too strict or even becoming kind of obsessive is also driven by fear, as you said. I had to come back to this kind of team to keep the quiet reminder and camaraderie in order not to un-do all the hard work of losing. I hope you will find the style of maintenance that really works for you (with all the help you need!) and that the maintenance tribe is a great place for you. You will ALWAYS be a hero to those with a lot to lose - what you have accomplished is fabulous, and your energy and encouragement is irreplaceable.

@evangsimmons170 - well done this week! And the challenge against the Workout Warriors (Game ON) will continue for another week for sure. The "beat your best" challenge, though, will only continue as long as people keep posting there. So be sure to keep doing that! (on https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10748643/week-2-group-challenge-beat-your-best#latest )
    It was a "week 2" challenge, and there will be a new one for week 3 as well. In the meantime, keep on posting scores over on the Game ON challenge. We could use more points!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    So @Connie7355 -- you're back? Thanks for the great link.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    5op864aimdsq.png
    THE WEEK 2 TALLIES ARE IN THE BOOKS
    IT IS MY HONOR TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING WINNERS

As a whole we lost 45.1 LBS OR 0.15% .....!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.67%
    INDIVIDUAL % Katmary71 3.94%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 32.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST BUNIPHUPHU 8.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.70%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.16%
    3rd WaistAways 0.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 32.6
    2nd Shrinking Assets 8.0
    3rd WaistAways 3.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st Katmary71 3.94%
    2nd BUNIPHUPHU 2.60%
    3rd gottagetthisdown 2.42%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st BUNIPHUPHU 8.4
    2nd evangsimmons170 5.8
    3RD Luciicul 5.0
    3RD Lindamtuck2018 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    APPLE852HK
    twyla77
    Megnolia82
    iamworthy14
    GingerPwr
    clairetomkinson
    evangsimmons170
    Eddie__Jones
    zlauerMom
    CONGRATS TO YOU ALL FOR A GREAT WEEK 2
  • jugar
    Options
    -- GAME ON CHALLENGE TEAM MEMBERS --

The five of us have been diligent, committed, and THERE. But we did not outdo the Workout Warriors last week.
    Let's give it a big boost this week! Update your goals if you want to and let's see if we can catch up to those crazy people!

Thanks for being great teammates. We are TEAM WAW B)
    @jugar
    @Andreabroadley
    @mari_moulin
    @evangsimmons170
    @zlauerMom
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @jugar Yes I am back!! I gained 1.6lbs which I didn’t think was too bad for being gone 6 days and eating every meal out. I will admit to having frozen custard twice. Love that stuff!! Sooo now I’m back on the wagon and ready to go!! The best thing is that now that I’m retired I don’t have to go back to work tomorrow!! YAY!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar Yes I am back!! I gained 1.6lbs which I didn’t think was too bad for being gone 6 days and eating every meal out. I will admit to having frozen custard twice. Love that stuff!! Sooo now I’m back on the wagon and ready to go!! The best thing is that now that I’m retired I don’t have to go back to work tomorrow!! YAY!!!

Retirement has its wonderful sides - and not caring what day it is (or even knowing half the time) is the best! And wow - "frozen custard" is a blast from the far distant past. For you, is it an ice cream with raisins and rum flavor? That's what I remember from my childhood before leaving New England and finding that no one had any idea what the stuff is. But I'll stop talking about that stuff. It is not on the wagon with us, right?
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Retirement has its wonderful sides - and not caring what day it is (or even knowing half the time) is the best! And wow - "frozen custard" is a blast from the far distant past. For you, is it an ice cream with raisins and rum flavor? That's what I remember from my childhood before leaving New England and finding that no one had any idea what the stuff is. But I'll stop talking about that stuff. It is not on the wagon with us, right?

It is ice cream with added chopped up candy such as my favorite, toffee (Heath candy bars) or just about anything you like. It is sooo good!!
    Sadly you are so right!! It’s definitely not on the wagon with us!!
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    PW : 191.8
    CW : 190.4

Steps
    June 10 - 10,218
    June 11 - 14,097
    June 12 - 20,438
    June 13 - 10,570
    June 14 - 17,099
    June 15 - 10,821
    June 16 - 10,722
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options

The five of us have been diligent, committed, and THERE. But we did not outdo the Workout Warriors last week.
    Let's give it a big boost this week! Update your goals if you want to and let's see if we can catch up to those crazy people!

Thanks for being great teammates. We are TEAM WAW B)
    @jugar
    @Andreabroadley
    @mari_moulin
    @evangsimmons170
    @zlauerMom

Can you send me the link to the spreadsheet, so that I can remind myself what-all is involved? A great sense of pressure has just LEFT my life earlier this week so I am in a better place to look at this kind of thing (which I usually do find motivating)

Step update will follow this evening.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    What would people find motivating to discuss or trade ideas on? I can throw out discussion-starters or repost tips/tools from the past that newbee F2Fers haven't seen yet .... what topics and/or tone would help / support / encourage / (provide squib-under-the-butt as needed .... )

NB: a squib is one of those small noise-making firecrackers like the ones you see in movies that include scenes in a Chinatown setting - not the big rockets that launch aerial "two colour bangs"
  • BMcC9
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Did you know that the World Health Organization has issued a revision of the BMI range chart that now takes age into account as well as height / weight?

This is a great one. Makes much more sense to me.

https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/
    jybirz0ptd6d.jpeg

at7emtmuna4h.jpeg

a39lojl85jvx.jpeg

oeasdsn29b8v.jpeg

see! I was right, you ARE much closer to a "green range" than you thought! maybe 5 pounds - and depending on your muscle-mass ratio ... maybe even less.

Any change is stressful, even "happy events". So if you are finding even the idea of PREPARING to transition to maintenance so hyper-stressful, then I would fully encourage you to get support and guidance from someone who specializes in physiological support related to eating issues, (or a related support group). Your doctor or nutritionist should be able to provide referrals. There has been much progress in the field of connotative behavior approach to first identifying and then managing stressors, and learning strategies for self-redirecting away from trigger-attitudes.
  • jugar
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    PW : 191.8
    CW : 190.4

Steps
    June 10 - 10,218
    June 11 - 14,097
    June 12 - 20,438
    June 13 - 10,570
    June 14 - 17,099
    June 15 - 10,821
    June 16 - 10,722

What a great week! Well done :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Can you send me the link to the spreadsheet, so that I can remind myself what-all is involved? A great sense of pressure has just LEFT my life earlier this week so I am in a better place to look at this kind of thing (which I usually do find motivating)

Will do -- I sent you an email - so check that first!
  • jugar
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH-INS DUE:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Week 3 is off and running -
    pt0asoetju0x.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/16 3,768
    (spent 3 hours in a car and 2 hours in restaurants)
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 134.6
    CW: 134.1

This discussion has been closed.