• Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =20 mins
      [+]8m marching
      [+]7mm bike
      [+]5m glider
    • One post-dinner snack: One.
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!
    Felt good to be a busy-bee around the house with the energy of the link energized bunny. Yeah me. I sat down for only a couple hours doing computer stuff and just now sitting down to watch a movie with hubby. He's eating, AGAIN!! But, I've brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put out the two shirts and pants I want to wear soon, as a reminder to keep my mouth closed. Have a good night.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday June 16:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, but only 30 minutes of yoga. I wanted to run, but it poured all day.

It was a nice day. Made hubby breakfast, then after he left for work my daughters and I went and got our nails done. This is my last full week of school, then 3 more days next week. I can do this. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow morning. 👍
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: mostly, except leftovers from the kids (gotta stop doing that)
    Calories: under if including workout calories
    Excercise: C25K week 4 run 1. Very challenging!
    I hope I'm back but we shall have to wait and see...
    Not the best food choices today, too many snacks, but I've had worse. Trying to stay in the zone.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Day: Lazy saturday, didn't do much of anything. Walked to the downtown center to browse the stores. Pretty happy with how clothes were fitting! Some work left to do, but really happy with progress so far thats clear when i try new clothes on. Didn't find anything to keep, but it was still nice!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday June 16:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: right at the goal limit
    Exercise: no

I had to skip dinner because earlier I snacked on too much Chex mix that hubby bought. That stuff is really high in calories for a small amount! I need to find a place to put his snacks so they are out of my reach.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 mins on elliptical machine
    Goal/Day: Good Sunday. Didn't have much of an appetite today so I was way under my daily calorie intake. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be be ravenous with food 🤦‍♀️
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: June Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 135
    CW= 135

Alrighty... weight stayed the same. I’ve been sipping wine in the evenings and likely that’s not helping. Had a great wknd finally and going to try hard this week to get moving more and start that scale going down. I have an event this week where I’ll be around my partners ex-wife so I really wanted to look great! She can be quite snotty so I just wanted to smile and look fab. Was hoping to lose another 5 lbs but that didn’t happen- but my haircut looks cute lol Oh the things that motivate us hey?! Lol

Have an awesome week everyone!! ❤️
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’ve been busy and totally forgot to post my weigh-in 😭 But I’ve still been tracking so will post my results even if its too late!

June 15 week 2 Saturday
    Pw 174
    Cw 173

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sunday Week 3
    Toyota100
    PW 221.2
    CW 221.0

Had some days off. I was able to relax. Went to Indiana Beach to amusement park. Wolfe Park where you go see wolfs howl at night and Blue Man group. Now back to work in morning. Meeting went great with my manager last week too.
  • JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: JammyPea
    Week: Monday June Week 3
    PW: 180.4
    CW: 178.4

One thing I did well: Maintained a good exercise routine
    One thing to improve: I want to make better choices 'last minute'. This week I unexpectedly ended up out for lunch/dinner a couple of times. I need to make consistently healthy choices even when faced with a menu full of other possibilities.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    I am hosting15 teenagers for a month so it's pretty wild. I live in a tourist area and my kid's friends and our relatives love to hang out at our place, especially in the summer. I have managed to stay away from flour and sugar but am still guessing on how much I am eating, rather than weighing. I know I am overeating on carbs, which I like to keep low but I am proud that I am at least I am back to guessing and writing that down. Once I fall off the wagon, it takes so long to get back on. I need to work on a quicker recovery. It has been at least a month since I have been recording accurately.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Daily check-in
    I am hosting15 teenagers for a month so it's pretty wild. I live in a tourist area and my kid's friends and our relatives love to hang out at our place, especially in the summer. I have managed to stay away from flour and sugar but am still guessing on how much I am eating, rather than weighing. I know I am overeating on carbs, which I like to keep low but I am proud that I am at least I am back to guessing and writing that down. Once I fall off the wagon, it takes so long to get back on. I need to work on a quicker recovery. It has been at least a month since I have been recording accurately.

I feel for you! I find getting back on the wagon a real struggle (takes me on average about 3 weeks). Any tips you can share?
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Daily check-in

I feel for you! I find getting back on the wagon a real struggle (takes me on average about 3 weeks). Any tips you can share?

@Fivepts and @Perla4686 have either of you set a goal and reward for tracking? Let's say.....
    Goal: track no matter what for the rest of the month, every bite.
    Reward: a new lotion, candle, book to read....?! Something you want that's only a few dollars. But... Want to work for it and earn it. (Non-food)
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: Monday June Week 3
    PW: 153.6
    CW: 152.2

I'm happy with this weigh in. I'lltake the 1.4 lb. Loss. I had a lot of stress this week and definitely had some overeating spells. 2.3 lbs away from my vacation goal. Crunch time! Even if I don't do it, I'm happy with the 18.6 lbs I've lost to date. Thank you all for encouragement. Off to the final week!
  • johicks
    Options
    As we challenge ourselves to give just a little more JUST FOR TODAY, it doesn't matter how much or how light... show up! That's what winners do... or in our case... biggest losers!!
    JUST FOR TODAY!

kitsrpddng23.png
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Over, 1382/1360
    Day: A good day, ate a healthy breakfast instead of our usual Sunday morning where we indulge, so started off the day in a positive healthy way that set the tone for the rest of the day. Went to the mall to grab candles from Bath and Body Works since they were having a sale and ended up walking around Target with BF and spent more money than we intended...oops But it was nice to move my legs and stroll instead of hanging out on the couch all day. Part of me thought we would eat out tonight, but we cooked instead! So ended up doing ok on calories for a Sunday

Monday morning weight has me motivated to kick butt this week and stay on track for a good loss! I have only lost weight over the weekend a couple of times, so weighing it at a net loss for the weekend is very exciting! Need to continue this habit of only spending one night a weekend indulging in alcohol and food!
  • johicks
    Options
    🙋🏽 🌅 😎 Good morning! I got a great start to my day with a morning workout, almost first thing! YES! Feels great. And the sun is shining, so that should help with a few walks today. :)

@jupdyke~ Darn weather. But Yoga is good too. :) Yeah, you. Sounds like a great Sunday. And a great weigh-in! Woooohooooo! Hopefully, the weather cooperates for some good runs this last full week of school. You just might hit that goal!
    @Perla4686~ Hello there! Thanks for sharing. Can you make mini-meals and freeze the leftovers to have for lunch the next day? Add some frozen veggies to make it more healthful. Or is it not that much and you hate to see it go to waste? So if it’s the latter, it can go to waste or to the waist. You’re doing great with exercise! You’re right on the verge of a great breakthrough! I just know it. I can feel it.

❓IDEAS…. For what to do with leftovers? How about feeding teenagers and have “their food” around?

@jwall309 ~ Oh fun! Trying on clothes to for an NSV. Exciting. I like doing that with the clothes in the back of my closet… lol. A good Saturday… yeah! :) Nice Sunday breakfast. My Sunday breakfast is “yummy” and healthy. Finding balance…. I treat myself to one slice of Cinnamon/Raisin French toast, veggie & egg scramble, and berries smashed to put on my french toast. Sometimes peanut butter on the french toast and/or some breakfast meat. I LOVE breakfast! Awesome Sunday!!! That is a very exciting way to start out the week. Let’s do this!!
    @skullsandskeletons~ A decent Sunday. I have an oval basket that has 6-8” sides on top of the fridge. I, of course, can reach it, but it’s out of sight. Whenever he brings home his carby snacks, I out them up there. :)
    @ajaia2001~ :( Hope you’re feeling better. You got this!
    @LuluLovinLife ~ A same is better than a gain. It’s too bad that she’s snotty. Chin up and do your best. Just for Today!
    @Hey3432 ~ I’m glad you remembered to post a weigh-in. I’d hate for you to be disqualified. You’re doing it!
    @Toyota100~ Yes! A Loss! So glad you had some time off and some R&R. Phew! Good meeting with your manager. Here is to a new week!
    @JammyPea~ Awesome loss! Good for you on getting in the exercise. Yes, those last minute outings can getcha. Hope you use MFP to log those restaurants or outings to be able to save the good choices for future last minute outings. :) You’re doing great!

• johicks
    Options
    Okay.. to go along with our JUST FOR TODAY mantra this week. Here's something to help push you through!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!

y1dp8put8yx9.jpg

And here is an article to help with hunger pangs, as most times it's mental, not hunger. Hope this helps. It's going to help me w/my after dinner bingers. https://www.gaiam.com/blogs/discover/10-ways-to-deal-with-hunger-pangs-while-dieting

Let's have a great week team!
    Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @Perla4686~ Hello there! Thanks for sharing. Can you make mini-meals and freeze the leftovers to have for lunch the next day? Add some frozen veggies to make it more healthful. Or is it not that much and you hate to see it go to waste? So if it’s the latter, it can go to waste or to the waist. You’re doing great with exercise! You’re right on the verge of a great breakthrough! I just know it. I can feel it.

Thanks for that! Love the bolded! Yes, I find it hard to throw away food, especially home-made, all that effort in the bin. If I'm honest with myself, I probably eat about double the portion I log at dinner. Need to change that mind-set. I hope you're right and I'll finally break out of this slum. I'm not sure....
    But thanks for the thumbs-up!
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Username: klilev
    Week: June Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW:196.6
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 184.2
    Did well: had good lunches prepared for work, really enjoyed gym workouts and hikes
    Need to work on: Tracking ahead of time, especially weekends
This discussion has been closed.