TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @JamieD328 thank you so much!! I already blew it today! :neutral: I think it was the beginning stages of the keto flu. I wasn't feeling well and then a dang cinnamon roll showed up in my office.
    Sometimes I just think I am going to be heavier forever lol...
    Back at the drawing board again.. as of right now.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @Toyota100 – I hope everything went well with your manager this morning and are by now home and destressing from your day. Nice job on getting a workout in at your desk this morning!

@johicks – A lot of us often miss our warning signs that something is up or brush it off as something else. It is one reason one of the first thing they will have you do in mental health is to start thinking about your triggers and what it causes in you emotionally and physically. What do you feel like right before you slap your boyfriend for being insensitive both physically and mentally? Before it escalates to the slap where can you put in a little hitch to break the cycle? Mind spinning? Try a mindfulness exercise that relaxes both mind and body. As your post said we use food as a drug to soothe our ills, whatever they may be, and that's okay sometimes. We just can't let it get out of control and become an always thing.

@jwall309 – Financial stuff can be a real pain in the derriere. I love accounting, but do not enjoy dealing with my own finances. I think it's because I get so little and it becomes so depressing, lol!

@Qbaimee – Keto can be a challenge, particularly at the beginning. Give yourself the time and space to get going with it. As @JamieD328 has mentioned if you're not careful though you can throw yourself out of ketosis. You still need a calorie deficit for optimum results, but for those with insulin resistance it is a way to go.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Nope
    Water: OK so far, going to try to get in another of my big tumblers while settling down for the evening.

I attempted a couple of Keto baking recipes, but ate a little two much of each. My pumpkin brownies aren't exactly something to eat with you hands, but the taste isn't so bad, and my keto Ham and cheddar scones turned out really tasty. So maybe that can be my first spin: I over ate while at home all day and cooking, but the rest of the batches will be carefully portioned out for lunches for my days at work.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It was mentioned earlier by @JamieD328 to another in our group to keep up electrolytes. It got me to thinking about them. It is summer time for those of us in the northern hemisphere and that means usually heat, sweat, and the need to consume fluid to keep us going. We hear a lot about electrolytes but they are not always explained. They are composed of three basic minerals: sodium, potassium, and chloride. Inorganic sulfate has electrolyte properties. The key minerals have similar functions, different recommended ULs (upper limits), and adequate intake (AI) levels. I figured over the next few days, unless anyone objects, I could post some information on the electrolyte minerals giving us an idea as to why they are so important to keep up on.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday
    Calories: Over by 20 calories, but under my mfp goal
    Exercise: yepper, ran just under 4 miles.

Day: It was a good day. I'm tired as the end of the school year is exhausting. Almost to the finish line.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour of cardio
    Goal/Day: Good Tuesday. I joined a group that works out on Tuesdays at a football stadium. Great group of people but 6 sets of running up and down the bleachers and sprints on the field bout had me calling the ambulance for some oxygen 😰🥵. Overall it was a good workout so I'll stick with this Tuesday group.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday June 11:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but extra steps

This new puppy is tiring us out but good for us. Our current dog loves her already and they play and play... good night team.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Been very quiet on here as I'm struggling with food choices. Too many goodies in the fridge and kids are home for Half Term break so I end up eating a lot more. TOM and too little sleep etc it's all gone a bit haywire :'(
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Qbaimee wrote: »
    @JamieD328 thank you so much!! I already blew it today! :neutral: I think it was the beginning stages of the keto flu. I wasn't feeling well and then a dang cinnamon roll showed up in my office.
    Sometimes I just think I am going to be heavier forever lol...
    Back at the drawing board again.. as of right now.

One quick little quote that may help in the office setting....... "You can let it go to WASTE, or let it go to your WAIST."

People love feeding us. But we can politely so No Thank You. And say YES TO ME!!

HUGS
  • johicks
    Options
    It was mentioned earlier by @JamieD328 to another in our group to keep up electrolytes. It got me to thinking about them. ...I could post some information on the electrolyte minerals giving us an idea as to why they are so important to keep up on.

yes. Lets soak up some knowledge. Thank you.

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem i would love to hear more about the electrolytes. I am in New Orleans and sometimes the heat is unbearable to even go outside.
    I haven’t thought much about it until @JamieD328 mentioned it to me. I think it’s a great idea.
  • johicks
    Options
    It's summer, try new things.
    Enjoy the season. Have some fun!
    Always give yourself some love.
    f4fh5sbgwsce.jpg
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 6/11)
    Track: Yes, after the fact
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: ~9
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food (except dinner) 🗸
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =35min
      =35mins: Resistance w/ light weights
        [+]10m- warm-up [+]11m- upper body - 3 sets [+]4m- mid-section - 3 sets [+]6m- lower body - 3 sets [+]4m- Cool down/
      • One post-dinner snack: Finished my dinner
      • Kitchen Closed! - No. (PB Sand)
      Okay. So another not so perfect day. And I’m NOT beating myself up about it, as I’m learning that’s a waste of time and energy. It creates negative feelings about myself which can lead to self-destruction and can stop my momentum going forward with my good plan. I am learning I WON’T be POP (perfect on plan) every day. I won’t. My spin is.. I’m being realistic with myself and that I also don’t have to go hog wild when the urges hit. Last night was a night out to celebrate mom’s 70th. We did a last minute surprise party for her just our small family. The kids are young adults with jobs, so it’s hard to coordinate schedules. So my sister & I are taking her to a fancier place she’s always wanted to try on her birthday, Saturday. So…. I only ordered a diet soda instead of an adult beverage. And I ordered ½ of an item instead of the whole thing. And bought a small 6” cake for all of us to share. So I hade a very small slice and the leftovers went home with a nephew. So.. all in all. I did pretty well. My positive spin. I still tracked, even if it was after the fact, I exercised, and I didn’t come home and have a blow out afterward! Progress. And.. I'm finding it a little bit easier to pick myself up and dust myself off! Not perfection… progress.
  • johicks
    Options
    @Qbaimee~ Good luck on Keto. I hope that you get some good advice. I have seen threads on MFP that are keto groups. I also have friends who are doing pretty good on it. And like @JamieD328 said... I hear about the good fats. Other than that…. Idk. I will cheer you on and encourage you to post daily, exercise, track, and stay positive! As we are RUNTRACKMINDS!
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

💗💖💝 I just love the support of our group!! We encourage each other, educate each other, and support each other in our judgment free zone! 💗💖💝

@MaelynMayhem~ Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, it’s mind spinning! LOL Love your words. My triggers are usually hormone related. And Yes, I do brush them off as I think I’m being too sensitive. It’s usually me “upset or angry” at a comment or action of someone else not even directed at or towards me. I don’t lash out, but hold it in and at the end of the day…well, I eat. And being at my age, the hormones are changing and I don’t have a cycle I can mark on the calendar to keep me straight. So, I’m going to try some CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.) To me, it seems like more intense affirmations. And.. I think during the day at work; I’m going to do some exercises in the bathroom- mentally and physically. There is plenty of room to do lunges and such. So I’ll get a little list started and every time I go, I’ll do a mini-circuit. That will keep the blood flowing and a few endorphins. I so do appreciate you! :) Thanks for being my co-captain and for all the positive words… and looking forward to more about electrolytes.
    @JamieD328~ Good for you for trying those recipes. It’s fun & scary to try new things. I like to make food in batches so that I have things to grab easily. When I do make food in batches, I try to plan to make them around a snack or meal time. I do that as I KNOW I’m going to lick my fingers, lick the bowl, and sample the results. This way I don't’ over do it and don’t make myself feel guilty for “sampling.” It’s part of the plan and tracking. :) That’s a great spin! You are now prepared for a week of on-plan eating. :) Yeah!! It helps too when it tastes yummy.
    @jupdyke~ Awesome day. Pretty soon no more 📚📓💯 and then 📢 Schools out for summer! You will enjoy… ⛳️🌞👙🏃‍♀️💅👣 LOL ;)
    @ajaia2001~ You are doing great! I love the different exercises you post about! And the various things you do... The 21-Day challenge, boot camp, and now this Tuesday group. I was excited when I read the football stadium, then was like… oh running up and down bleachers. LOL I’m sure it’s a killer of a workout. Love your adventurous spirit.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Puppy💗 Good for the 💗and soul. Another good day for you! Excellent!
    @Perla4686~ Yes, not having enough sleep sure does play a role in making poor choices and making your body think it needs more fuel. So instead of going ALL or nothing like I usually do. Set yourself up for success by perhaps telling yourself that you are going to give yourself some good nutritious fuel to start your day and mid-day. Track it. And then be super happy with yourself for getting partially back on track. And slowly the other parts of the day will come too. And perhaps even add a simple salad to dinner. Or go get some strawberries or baby carrots. Have something ready to grab for ALL to share. !? HUGS. It’s never easy.
    @Toyota100- I hope you are sleeping in and enjoying it!!

I have a friend who is so good at telling herself, it’s JUST food! While she eats dinner she is saying out loud, “Man this is so good.” And “num, yum, num.” She eats slowly and puts her fork down and sips water between every bite. And when she is done, she has satiated both her tummy and her mind. I find it amazing and something I aspire to be able to do. She has lost weight and has kept it off for over 20 years. Not sure how /why that just popped into my mind! But a good lesson for all I think. A reminder that’s it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.

Here’s to a good Wednesday to all!

62h7tlldr18n.gif
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under, 1350/1360
    Day: Ran into a little bit of trouble with dinner tonight. I went to the nail salon after work (a habit I started a yearish ago now, that is a small thing that helps me really feel like my best self) and BF was supposed to be making a vegetarian Indian dish for dinner with chickpeas. Got home and he had not made the dish, instead his work had a catered BBQ lunch and he brought home the leftover ribs for our dinner. I love him and it was a thoughtful gesture, but in his own healthy habits journey he is still learning which choices are better than others, tracking meals, etc. I can't justify eating a lot of ribs in my planning for the day (I was also a little bit hangry), so instead of giving in and just devouring the ribs and strawberry shortcake he brought home, I weighed out a serving of ribs, portioned out a snack from some of the healthy options I had on hand, and stuck to one bite of strawberry shortcake! It helped that some friends had come over to watch the Bachelorette, so I had some distractions. But even when everyone left and I still felt like I should be hungry, I went into the kitchen, and there wasn't anything that seemed worth the effort, so I just went to bed.

Side note: already dropped all the weekend weight as of this morning (Wednesday), so I am very pleased!
  • johicks
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Day: Ran into a little bit of trouble with dinner tonight. I went to the nail salon after work (a habit I started a yearish ago now, that is a small thing that helps me really feel like my best self) and BF was supposed to be making a vegetarian Indian dish for dinner with chickpeas. Got home and he had not made the dish, instead his work had a catered BBQ lunch and he brought home the leftover ribs for our dinner. I love him and it was a thoughtful gesture, but in his own healthy habits journey he is still learning which choices are better than others, tracking meals, etc. I can't justify eating a lot of ribs in my planning for the day (I was also a little bit hangry), so instead of giving in and just devouring the ribs and strawberry shortcake he brought home, I weighed out a serving of ribs, portioned out a snack from some of the healthy options I had on hand, and stuck to one bite of strawberry shortcake! It helped that some friends had come over to watch the Bachelorette, so I had some distractions. But even when everyone left and I still felt like I should be hungry, I went into the kitchen, and there wasn't anything that seemed worth the effort, so I just went to bed.

Side note: already dropped all the weekend weight as of this morning (Wednesday), so I am very pleased!

Oh!!!! They mean well, but..... Right!? Especially when we plan ahead. Its so hard. You did great in stopping first. Thinking it through, then weighing and measuring and adding healthy choices. And then going to bed. Awesome!!! :) yeah, Jessica!!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Oh!!!! They mean well, but..... Right!? Especially when we plan ahead. Its so hard. You did great in stopping first. Thinking it through, then weighing and measuring and adding healthy choices. And then going to bed. Awesome!!! :) yeah, Jessica!!

Exactly! When he went to enter in his own rib dinner into his *newly* created MFP account, he went "OH, ribs are a lot of calories!" :D He means well, but he is still learning. And thank you! Week day decisions are usually easiest for me, just have to apply the same mentality and thought process on the weekends more often!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Good day today. I was surprised I wasn't real sore today after running bleachers yesterday but now after coming from bootcamp I can barely move 😟 So time to try to soak away some of this soreness in the tub.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday June 12:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no but extra steps

I planned to eat whatever I wanted today and not feel guilty. It is our 20th anniversary! Over by 800 calories so that cancels out one of the days I was under by 800. That’s okay!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post june12 Wednesday
    Tracked yes
    Calories just
    Exersize not really
    Good day today , went out town for a few days and fell off track , but that’s life🙂
This discussion has been closed.