TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Fivepts~ You are doing great with having guests in the house and only eyeballing portions. 👍 This is part of the journey that we need to be able to work through, as we won’t always be at home able to measure. You can do it! You’ll have more days back on track and measuring soon. 🤗HUGS🤗

@RTM: So as we are in this process we can learn to be in control without our kitchen tools. I am learning that it’s mostly about being aware and present while eating; versus just going hog wild.

@jupdyke~ So sorry to hear about the water leak. It makes me want to minimalize and put everything in totes, but then that’s not really living is it? I hope nothing precious and irreplaceable was damaged. 🤗HUGS🤗 I’m sure you will get in a good long run and get let those endorphins triumph over the stress. You got this! And thanks for commenting about my “date” w/ hubby. More in my personal post below.

@germaine_yee ~ 🤗HUGS🤗 That little bit will be gone next week. Keep working your plan for a loss in June. You can do it! We’re here to help however we can.

@JamieD328~ Yeah!!! A good Thursday of tracking and being under. Wow. Amazing how somedays we can have so much control or not be hungry; and other days…. You did great with making it work for you! Phew!! 👍

@skullsandskeletons~ Yeah to a good Thursday! 👍
    @MaelynMayhem - 🤗HUGS🤗 Sad to hear you went to ER and glad you’re okay. Please post when you can, we understand. Taking care of you and getting back into the routine is the priority. Know you are missed. BUT! Overall health and wellness, first.

@ajaia2001~ After that bleacher run the other night, I’m glad you can still walk. LOL How fun for you & daughter. And you didn’t snack…. Wow. You post brought me to tears that you could ride with her this year. HOW EXCITING!!!! That is a huge NSV. What a great story to share with all of us. Your persistence is inspiring. Thank you. And super happy for you. :)

@Fivepts~ Yeah… no gain! Having teenagers in the house…. Why not weigh, measure, and be an example of healthy eating and living?! How else are they going to learn? Just a thought. Most may not need it, but you may reach one of them that will look back at the experience and use it going forward in their life.

@Perla4686~ Deep breath. Today is a new day. When struggling with sleep, TOM, and food choices the scale is going to reflect that. And you know what…. It’s all right. I struggle, daily, with my attempts to be perfect. And I’m slowly realizing it’s not going to happen. So all we can do is the best that we can do. I have to plan my dinner around what hubby wants to cook and “feels” like eating versus what’s in the house. And the crap-junk food- he likes to buy. Here are It’s not easy. But, we can do it. We need to learn to work through it and do the best we can to stay on track. I get up every day, read my affirmations, get on RTM page and give and get encouragement. Then I plan my meals for the day and pre-log so I know what’s left for dinner. I try to have a simple small dinner salad with dinner to fill me up. Set your self up for success this week. Don’t try to conquer the world in one day. Give yourself 2-3 small goals every day. Here’s some ideas: 8-8oz water, 15 mins of exercise, good choices for 2 meals, track - no matter what. Just remember that you are worth it!! Stop beating yourself up, take a deep breath, and start the day new and fresh. (I say this with love and kindness, as I need to hear this myself today!) And to make you laugh… stop banging your head against the wall…. That’s not exercise. LOL ;) 🤗 HUGS 🤗

Daily Post (Thursday 6/13)
    Track: Only for the meals I was at home - out with hubby.
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: ~9
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food - One meal and a snack.
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =30 mins
      30min= Strength/Sculpting BodyFit by Amy
      [+]16m w/up + upper/lower
      [+]3m standing abs
      [+]11m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: more.
    • Kitchen Closed! - No. :(

So the surprise date was to the nearby town that was having Art Week Experience. We went to see The Wizard of Oz released in 1939 in technicolor. It was sweet as we talk about that movie growing up and watching it annually. Never seen it on the big screen. I did my best to enjoy the moment, but his wanting to feed me, his drinking, and his bad back ruins most of our QT together. Especially when he embarrasses me. I didn’t ruin it for him, but because I didn't say anything, I had suppressed feelings. That resulted in a binge when we got home. We were so close to the beach we could’ve had a nice walk along the beach or even go sit and watch the waves. But no, he had to search for a bar. Anyway… it was a nice gesture and we had an okay time. So the spin on my day…. Even though I overate and didn’t get to walk on the beach: 1) I DID walk up and back down the stairs to the restroom without the major fear of falling. The last time we went, I was so weak and heavy that I almost cried going up and down the stairs. It was scary. But yesterday it was a triumphant moment. And 2) I know that I don't want to be in the physical shape that he is in. I had the energy to walk and walk and walk.

Today is a new day! And it’s Friday!! Starting the day with positive thoughts and now going to exercise!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    stop banging your head against the wall…. That’s not exercise. LOL ;) 🤗 HUGS 🤗

Haha good one!

I beat myself up all the time! My food has been terrible and the other silly thing I do, is after my runs I reward myself with biscuits (but no logging :'( ) I know this probably undos all my hard work but I still do it :'(

Hubby wanted to take me out last night (he is naturally slim and can eat what he likes but he likes salad :# ) he said let's go for a brisk walk but I wanted food and we ended up going out for a meal. I can't even blame anyone else.
    And today surviving on more junk...
    I just can't get my act together. I feel like giving up...
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under, 1219/1360
    Day: A NSV today! Went to Dave and Busters as a double date with some friends, and these friends chose it specifically cause they were having an unlimited wings and games special. I looked at the menu beforehand (the calorie counts on 95% of their food was ALARMING to say the least) and found one salad that I could justify fitting into a weekday. I stole one french fry from BF's plate, but then just stuck with my salad and diet coke. Even when there were wings that everyone else couldn't finish, I still didnt have one! Then I had enough calories left to treat myself to a piece of candy from the prize counter. I'm proud, but I also notice my willpower on weekdays is so much higher than on weekends, so I just need to find a way to have the same willpower on Friday and Saturday nights.

@Perla4686 Don't give up! Most of us got to this point from years of reinforced bad habits, so we won't be able to change our lifestyles over night. I've had more than my fair share of not being able to get it together with my eating habits, the key is to not give up. Giving up lands you back at square one. Even 2 steps forward and 1 step back, is 1 step forward. If baby steps and small changes are all you can manage right now, then do that, just don't completely give up! You have all of us for support! I'll get off my soap box now lol, but mainly the point I wanted to make is you're not alone. We hear you, we see you, we support you, and you can do this!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: June - wk2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 166.6
    Current Weight: 165.0

Glad to have lost the 2 lbs I gained at the end of May 😁
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bakay138 wrote: »
    Weigh in day- Wed
    SW-226
    CW-226 (when your birthday celebrations last an entire week 😳)
    One year older!

It's hard to not indulge when it's a celebration. That's just life. It's learning to get right back on track that will help us for the long haul in this journey.

When posting weigh-in, please also post your previous weight (PW) to make sure that we're on the same page and not typing errors occurred in the weight spreadsheet.
    This is what we have for your PW: 224.

Will do! Yes, my PW was 224.

• bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It’s a little early for a Friday post, or a little late for a Thursday post, but I just needed to share.

My scale was running low on battery so I’ve actually lost more than I thought. In total, I’m down 20 pounds. I’m trying to do something easier said than done when you’re on a journey to lose a lot. I’m trying not to diminish this as “only” 20 pounds. I keep trying to imagine what the turkey looks like at Thanksgiving to remind myself that’s how much I’m not carrying around.

I’m already feeling a few NSVs. I live in a split level and I can go up and down the stairs without being winded. And make a quick trip to the grocery store without being winded. It seems small but I was before.

I just want to remind everyone who may be discouraged at a 1 pound loss or a .5 pound loss, that every step in the right direction is a win.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW:173.6
    CW:173.6

At first was feeling a bit annoyed with this, but reading @bhlavac5560's post really helped my perspective. I'm just shy of 20 pounds lost since starting this journey, right at 19.4, and I am so happy and proud of that. Seeing how far I am from the finish line is preventing me from seeing how far I've come. I still have work to do, but I need to acknowledge the accomplishments I've made. And for this week, staying the same is an accomplishment, on Monday I weigh in at 178.6, a full 5 pounds up from this, so just managing to get back to "normal" in 4 days is enough for me this week. This weekend I will refocus stay on track, and work hard to have a loss next week and not just spend the week making up for weight I gained over the weekend.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday June 14:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

I binged tonight and went way over. It likely cancelled out any progress I may have made earlier in the week. I am going to be realistic and hope for staying the same weight on my weigh-in day which is Sunday. I am not going to beat myself up because this is a part of life. Good night all!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday:
    Track:Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Not really

I was really happy with the number I saw on the scale this morning, and though I will probably start fluctuating by next weigh in it makes me confident that I have been making better choices this week, and making a better effort.
    I also got a new haircut which I got a ton of compliments on today, so my "co-parent's" negative opinion of it is just one more reason our inevitable separation will be the best 175 lbs I will lose.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday
    06/14/19 week 2
    PW: 212.6
    CW: 214.8
    😞
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Qbaimee
    Weigh in day- Saturday June 15 (week 2)
    last weeks weigh in 210.6 😊
    This weeks weigh in 215.6 😫

Ughhh!!! I know most of this is sodium but geez 5 lbs?!? I have been all over the place this week. not working out not tracking. I can’t let my team down as well as myself. Today i’m going to get groceries and making my meal plan for next week. Hoping to get these five lbs off.
    so discouraging but no one to blame but myself.

Hope you all are sticking to your goals!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 6/14)
    Calories: under 1300
    8+ water: 12+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =40 mins
      [+]27m marching
      [+]11m walk
      [+]2m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: Popcorn. And was in control!
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!

Sorry, I didn't post last night or check-in, hubby picked a near fight. He went to the store & I went to my bike and then to bed.
  • johicks
    Options
    @Perla4686 ~ I love how @jwall309 encouraged you. Baby steps. I remember being in that what feels like dark mindless space wanting out but not knowing how to get there. So I grabbed some paper. Journal, write out your feelings. Figure out WHY you want to lose weight. WHY you want to feel better. Don’t beat yourself, just WHY. Maybe having a good heart to heart will help pull you out. I had four bad nights this week, and was in control last night. So the light at the end of your tunnel is there. Just keep walking towards it and soon the darkness will be behind you. Baby steps and positive self-talk. That’s awesome that you run! Do you like fruit smoothies? Prepare a protein smoothie before your run, then when you get back… have that instead! If you feel you need to reward yourself, do it with nutrition and applaud your accomplishment! We are in your corner. We are here to help you get to that light! Giving up won’t solve anything. You are here for a reason. So buckle up and let’s get on with this ride called life! WE got this!!

@jwall309~ You do have great control on weekdays. I love that you looked up their menu to have a plan when you got there! Awesome Mind depends on hormones… LOL. A nice positive outlook on this week’s weigh-in!!

@ajaia2001~ Woooohooooo! Nice loss. Congrats.

@bakay138 ~ Ok good. We are on the same page. :) I’m always a little nervous seeing so many numbers and numbers.

@bhlavac5560 ~ So insightful and encouraging. Thank you for sharing! Good visual with the turkey. And a great reminder for us to use those NSV as they are so so important.

NSV are the true testament to what we are doing. No one can see the number on the scale. But they can see our progress as we start to shine, walk more, engage more, clothes get looser, new close are worn, muscle tone starts, faces look thinner, we walk straighter, we more often, we climb stairs, and we show our confidence. Keep sharing your NSV! They are so encouraging.

@skullsandskeletons ~ One night. You tracked. And guess what… now it’s a new day. That’s right. Don’t beat yourself… let’s make today a great day!

@JamieD328~ Good for you in making those choices and being more confident. And I’m sure hair-do looks great! You deserve it! Keep working hard, my friend! You can do it!

@lovetheneighbor~ :( Sorry. Wish there was a magic wand that could whisk me away to come to spend the day with you and have a day of good choices, meal prepping and some fun exercise! It’s a new day. Fresh start. Positive self-talk. You can do it.

@Qbaimee~ “shake it off, shake it off!” I hear Taylor Swift’s song... “Shake it off!” So mentally do that. Then find the song on YouTube and do it physically. “Shake. Shake. Shake.” Get some music going and just release all that pent up frustration. And then… Start with a fresh new positive outlook. Today is a new day. And today, I’m going to focus on tracking, getting in a workout- even if only 15minutes, and making more good choices than not good. HUGS

I feel like this week we ALL have been all over the board: birthdays, anniversaries, stress at home, stress at work, no internet, weather affecting our life and routines, and just life in general; plus hormones. Right!? Well, all we can do is our best. Today is a new day. We should do our best to focus on tracking, good choices, getting in a little bit of exercise (even if only 10-15minutes), and then being nice to ourselves with kind and loving words. Even if you had a good week and a good Friday, there always seems to be something that we want to improve or tweak. So, I leave you this morning with this sentiment to only do this ONE thing today…..
    1bh853qh1hit.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    June Week #2 weigh-ins. The following members have not reported for week #2. Please do so ASAP. The week ends on Saturday, and weigh-ins should be posted by Sunday 10am EDST.

And some have also not posted at all during this challenge. After 2 weeks of no weigh-ins you will be eliminated from the challenge. :( We don’t want that to happen!! Please reach out to one of your team captains - @johicks or @MaelynMayhem, or our BL Challenge moderator @AB0215 if you need assistance. :)

@klilev MON
    @goodreadsgal MON
    @LMDLove230 TUE
    @Hey3432 THU
    @Gen216 THU
    @michellekpenning SUN
    @kristynkayte FRI
    @KetoNurseEmery WED
    @susie1328 WED
    @_cece_x FRI
    @Happymere FRI
    @Just4peju FRI
    @peacekeace FRI
    @pratainua FRI
    @ALA155 SAT
    @Shersuntha SAT
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Weight in Week: June Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    PW: 206
    CW: 204
  • johicks
    Options

Excellent!! So excited for you. :)
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Excellent!! So excited for you. :)

Ty!
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes, to the best of my ability
    Calories: Under
    Day: Ended up not eating much yesterday. After work BF and I went to a local permanent market for happy hour drinks and what was supposed to be dinner. Ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in awhile so ended up hanging out with her and her BF, so dinner got pushed back a bit, then all of a sudden the market was closing and we still hadn't eaten. We were sitting at a bar and the kitchen was still open, but BF wasn't hungry anymore so I ordered a small salad cause I didn't want to eat a full meal alone. Had a good time for the most part, a bit of a tense conversation with BF about moving, that I would have liked to have gone better, but it is what it is.

Weight this morning (Saturday) was very very low, I know its cause I didn't eat much and the alcohol dehydrated me, but I will be on track this weekend, and hopefully some of the weight will stay off!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @johicks thanks a bunch. We were finally able to have the claims adjuster come out and look at the damage. They will call Monday with the figures. At this point it looks like a new vanity, floor, and ceiling. We shall see what they come up with. We have a $1000 deductible though.
    That is neat that hubby took you to see The Wizard of Oz. I'm sorry that your night kind of went down hill after that. Darn men! I give you credit for just riding it out and not saying anything. I can relate to the overeating being triggered by certain actions. So glad you could find some positives. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 6/14)
    Calories: under 1300
    8+ water: 12+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =40 mins
      [+]27m marching
      [+]11m walk
      [+]2m bike
    • One post-dinner snack: Popcorn. And was in control!
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!

Sorry, I didn't post last night or check-in, hubby picked a near fight. He went to the store & I went to my bike and then to bed.

Way to go @johicks! Way to turn that near fight into a win for you. You got on the bike! Great choice...burns off some of those negative surges in the body. Proud of you.
This discussion has been closed.