TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am way behind on responses, but a shout out to all of my teammates! There have been some awesome weigh ins! Way to stay strong and to keep on keeping on!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: I chose today as a rest day (no exercising) after 6 straight days of workouts. Didn't get to do much today because of course it's raining again 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    q3kh5nal7pnk.jpg
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday June 9:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I am so inspired by all of you! We are off to a great start for June!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Calories: Under
    Macros: Good
    Exercise: walked a mile before lunch and a short berry picking excursion after, where my son reminded me he is my sweetest kid. He got excited when I said we could make muffins from the blueberries we picked. Then he tells me its because he wants to learn to fix me breakfast before next mothers day.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Happy to see you back @MaelynMayhem ! I knew something had to be up when you hadn't been posting!
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: June Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    PW = 134.6
    CW= 135

Ugh. Sorry... still renovating an rv and no time on my hands. I gained weight too. Eeek! I better get on track!

Hope everyone’s doing ok! Have a great week! ❤️
  • JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: JammyPea
    Week: Monday June Week 2
    PW: 182.0
    CW: 180.4

One thing I did well: Increased the intensity of my exercise sessions
    One thing to improve: Haven't been as meticulous about logging my food.... and creating a calorie deficit has been key to my weight loss
  • johicks
    Options
    8nl8vikbac17.gif
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Weekend Post

Track: Not really
    Calories: Way over
    Exercise: None

Went way way overboard this weekend, TOM had me a feeling a little like screw it and everything went off the rails. My friend was in town visiting and we had mostly food centric activities planned so that didn't help things. So of course I feel bloated and gross and the scale was not kind this morning. Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and refocus my energy onto getting back on track. I WILL remain on track for the remaining three weekends this month, I will allow indulgences, but I will track them and plan accordingly.

• johicks
    Options
    🙋🏽 Good morning my teammates - friends. 👋🏽 :)
    @jupdyke~ You got in a great run 🏃, some 💤, some 🌞 😎, and good times. One day shouldn’t have thrown you off too much. You’re doing great. Hope you get time to check in more. Thanks! Yes… all teammates are doing great!
    @ajaia2001~ You deserve a rest day. You get in great workouts!! 💪 Yes, raining here too (Sunday & Monday, so far.) Hence, trying to find a variety of exercises inside. Have a good week. Hope to hear more from you. 👍
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good job for another good day - 🌅Day! Thanks! Yes… all teammates are truly inspiring! You included! Thanks for posting.
    @JamieD328~ Yeah!! A good Sunday with a mile walk, some berry picking, and some 😍. Toooo cute! Thanks for sharing.
    @LuluLovinLife~ Still renovating the RV is good, right? It’s got to be so exhilarating and satisfying. Sorry for the gain. :( Hang in there, it will come off… two weeks left in this month’s challenge.
    @JammyPea~ Wow! Nice loss. You worked hard for it with those workouts! 💪 You’ll get back into tracking. Sometimes it’s hard to do it all when doing something new. You’re doing great! :D
    @jwall309 ~ Jessica, I’m sorry to hear that TOM got a grip on you. Mark your calendar for next month and have a couple of strategies in place. I find eating a little bit of chocolate (my NO Bake Fakes) seem to help me get through. And of course extra sleep. And slowly I’m exercising more so that the overages aren’t so great. This morning I was only .2 over from yesterday. :) We’re learning, aren’t we!? Your overall attitude and lifestyle goal is awesome and inspiring. You will get back on track. I know it!

It’s Monday and we’re in week #2 of our June challenge.
    There are 18 days left in this challenge.
    So let me leave you with this thought about enduring through this challenge and going forward into the summer days.
    Where will you be in the next 28 days? . . .

sa17ju3i3ve6.jpg

• jupdyke
    Options
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: Monday June Week 2
    PW: 153
    CW: 153.6

I assumed there may be a gain this week. I'm glad it's not too bad. I will lose this week! The good news it's not all a gain because I dropped 2% in body fat from last week. I'll take that positive change as a loss. Here is to a great week ahead.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    @johicks thank you for your consistent support to every single member. I don't know how you keep up, but you are an amazing cheerleader! Thanks for all you do for us all!
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sunday, June check in (Week 2) Late Entry
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 221.0
    CW: 221.2

Sorry late entry again. I have been having so much stress at work. I managed to push myself to work out the last couple of days. I'm planning to meet with my manager tomorrow to express my concerns so I can move on. I haven't been using MFP outlet lately and I must try harder to log more consistently. I'm taking a couple of days off from work to destress, so I plan to try to start logging more this week.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    @Toyota100 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It's great that you'll get a few days off to destress. Try to get some R&R.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 6/10)
    Calories: under 1200
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 14+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =47min
      =37mins: PBS - Classic Stretch & Yoga
        [+]16m- entire body w/focus on back [+]11m- lower body & triceps [+]10m- Yoga/
        =10m walk mid-day
      • One post-dinner snack: Nope!
      • Kitchen Closed! - YES!
      I was surprised that my workout 🧘🏽‍♂️ this morning made me 🔥SWEAT! It was great. No intense cardio or impact on my knees. I am for sure going to use that one on Mondays and again later in the week. :) I love that I’m experimenting more with a variety of exercises. As on this rainy day (& then in the winter) I need to be sure I don't rely just on walking! Michigan weather is too unpredictable.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm sorry I was MIA for a few days. I totally fell of the wagon (embarrassed to share details of food choices) and sort of clocked out and pretended it wasn't happening. Today decided to log on and read your posts (all 66 of them!) and feel inspired to get back in the zone, hopefully!
    So I'll try my best the next couple of days to hopefully undo some of the damage and will be happy with no gain/minimal gain on Friday when I weigh in.
    Have a great day!
  • johicks
    Options
    @jupdyke ~ Great outlook on this week's weigh-in. Losing body fat is way more important. Awesome!! I love checking in twice a day. It truly keeps me on track. Come football season, it will probably be once/day. ;)
    @toyota100~ The small weight gain is nothing compared to what your dealing with. You did great this week. Handling stress is no fun!! I hope you get some much needed ME time. Hugs🤗
    @Perla4686~ I feel and know your pain. Logging every bite will get you back on track. Log everything, regardless. I am realizing that tracking is going to be the key to my weight loss success. Even on the bad days, because it keeps the focus on my health and being aware. One can easily avoid posting on a thread, but one can not avoid one self. And…the mental aspect of losing weight will bring you back around as it did you. Glad you found your way back. Forgive yourself and move on. Hugs🤗
  • johicks
    Options
    10fvgwtya1c4.jpg
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @JamieD328 - Your son sounds absolutely adorable! That is really sweet that he wants to cook for you on next Mother's Day. And yeah, connection issues, still working the kinks out as I share a data plan.

@LuluLovinLife - You gained, but it was a small gain and could just be from stress this week due to the renovations you're doing. I have never heard anyone say that renovating was stress free! Just track as best you can and get your water in.

@JammyPea - Nice loss! Tracking is very beneficial to weight loss, not just because you can see that you are creating a deficit but because you can see your patterns. You might start to notice that you are always eating gummy bears in the afternoon. One thing I like about my handwritten food diary over MFP is the ability to write down the time and my mood at the moment I was eating. Gives me a better picture as to what was going on at the time. Did I end up eating lunch three hours later than normal? Was I angry when I was eating that snack? Etc.

@jwall309 - TOM can sucker punch about all of us. The hormones wrack not just our bodies but play havoc in our mind as well. I have full faith in your recommitment to the process going forward and that you are going to do great. As you said it happened, it's done, it's over, moving on.

@jupdyke - I wouldn't worry about the small gain too much. As you said you lost in body fat which is the real point of this.

@toyota100 - Over the next couple of days do whatever you need to do for you. Take a bubble bath, dance around the house in your underwear, sleep twelve hours, do whatever you gotta do to just take care of you.

@johicks - Definitely stretching and yoga can make you sweat without causing too much strain on the joints. It's one of my favorite things to do. My challenge is Alex the Mighty attacking me when I'm in downward facing dog or training to balance in warrior 3. LOL Nice job on the water and calories today!

@Perla4686 - I understand. When I lost my connections on my phone and Internet I also went off the wagon for a bit. I didn't sleep for a couple of days and didn't eat and then couldn't stop eating and was eating the wrong things. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so it will be a fresh start for me too, getting back to my basics that has improved my health and helped me to lose the weight.
This discussion has been closed.