TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

Options

Replies

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Daily check in
    Run: been doing C25K. How is that going for you @red1185 ? I'm on week 4 run 2 and it's pretty though, i totally identify with 'making myself do it'. I used to really have to psyche myself into it but now I've partnered up with my teenage son so he pushes me!
    Track: yes, under!
    Mind: sorry I've been MIA, I've been struggling to get back in the zone for awhile. Now finally back and I seriously hope nothing throws me as it's such a struggle to climb out of the rut.

@Perla4686 the C25K that I’m doing is going ok. I just finished up W2 Run2. Im kind of taking my time with it because I’m doing other things, like the zombie, run and some Shaun T stuff. I’m also doing intermittent fasting here and there. I like to mix it up so I don’t get bored. Good for you for being on Week 4! I have noticed it is getting easier to run. I’m glad the running is only 1-1.5 minute spurts, though! Idk if the timeframe gets longer the more you do, but I like that it’s not 28-30 minutes of straight running. 🙂
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday June 21:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over (but under maintenance)
    Exercise: no

Went about 330 calories over today but it was worth it. Sushi!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Hope this motivates you as much as it does me. Also one of my favorite quotes by
    Henry Ford, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right,”
    emphasizes how much attitude determines success or failure.

2u7o48csrbcp.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    Oooops I forgot to post last night! ......

Daily Post (Friday 6/21)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: spot on
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 15
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =20 mins
      5m- warm-up
      10m-upper body w/ 5# weights
      5m- cool down
    • One post-dinner snack: NONE.
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!
    I didn’t wake up sore as I imagined. And it was just what my body needed. The scale moved!! I try to walk a little bit every day. And this week I like that I am dividing my resistance days up to do focus on arms/ core only, then legs another day. Legs always get a good workout!! And it’s amazing how much one can eat when the food is clean and healthy! Wow! I’m on a good streak and enjoying it. It’s motivating me to be strong at night and not to self-sabotage my day’s hard work and good choices. Hope the rest of the weekend goes the same.
  • johicks
    Options
    @ajaia2001~ So so awesome!! Wooooohoooooo!! You’re having an excellent month. Push hard one more week through the last week of June. You can do it!
    @jwall309~ Hey lady! That’s a good loss! :) That’s one hard thing about weighing daily...your body decided to do something else. But it’s still a loss. I wonder if you need a big shakeup!? Wonder if it’s getting used your pattern? I’ve read that our muscles and our metabolisms learn and adapt. So that’s why I say that. Maybe!? Something to ponder. If I find a good blog, then I’ll share it. LOVE the idea of you measuring! Yes… what other tools can you use to recognize your success!? Awesome! Keep working hard. One last week for June! Let’s push hard through this and make it great!
    @Perla4686 & @red1185 ~ Thanks for sharing your C25K experiences. It makes it less intimidating for someone like me who isn’t a runner and hasn’t really thought about running. But… maybe when I lose a little more and have less weight on my knees, I would consider it. So please keep sharing. Thank you!
    @skullsandskeletons~ You deserve a treat every now and again! You are doing great and in control. Awesome!

• johicks
    Options
    I know everyone is busy… it’s summer and we want to be outside, which we should be!! But, please also check in weekly with your weigh-in. Thanks!
    @Bakay138
    @Fivepts
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @Qbaimee
    @Wander216
    @Victorious55
    @LMDLove230
    @Gen216
    @_cece_x
    @goodreadsgal
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Week 4 Check in on Friday
    Name Fivepts
    PW 144.1
    CW 143.6
    Loss: .5
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 204
    CW: 203

It’s strange how my weight has been right on the number, no ounces these past couple weigh ins. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Saturday
    Pw155
    Cw 152.6
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Reporting today.
    Run: no workout today :'(
    Track: stayed on plan except for 1 piece of birthday cake. Didn't log but it was my best weekend for a long time, food-wise.
    Minds: still in the zone...
    @johicks I can never remember what we are supposed to report on, so the name helps (used to scroll back up). RunTrackMinds GO!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday June 22:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, ran just under 4 miles

Had a great day today. Weather was gorgeous. Enjoyed some sun and pool time. Another nice day in the forecast tomorrow.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Saturday June 22:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Did good today. Hoping for a good weigh- in tomorrow!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 mins cardio
    Goal/Day: Good Saturday. Took the kiddo to the water park for a few hours then came home and relaxed for rest of the day.
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Satuday 6/22)
    Calories: at maintenance
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 12
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =60 mins
      57m hauling branches & limbs (full body workout w/resistance)
      3m stretching
    • One post-dinner snack: Yes.
    • Kitchen Closed! - YES!
  • johicks
    Options
    ph39ti9rk4p9.jpg
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Hi.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Week 4 Check in on Friday
    Name Fivepts
    PW 144.1
    CW 143.6
    Loss: .5

Please let me know if you have something different. Here's in hope that we are on the same page.... your Friday weigh-in is Friday's, so this CW will be for week #3. Week #4 starts Sunday 6/24/19.
    For you @Fivepts this is what shows posted in the spreadsheet:
    SW: 144.1
    WK1: 143.7
    WK2: 143.7
    WK3: 143.6

So yes, overall for the June contest you have lost .5lbs. Congrats! One more week left in June work hard and keep losing! Please weigh-in and post on Friday. Thanks! You ARE losing! :)
  • johicks
    Options
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611~ Woooohoooo!! Another lb gone!! One week left in the June challenge. Go for it!
    @wander216 ~ Alright! Good job in getting that off! Keep working hard for this last week of June. You can do it!
    @Perla4686 ~ HUGS… Using our team name is an awesome way to remember. Whatever works. Adding the day at the top (Sunday - Monday) would help. We have people in other countries and cover a variety of time zones, so I’m not sure which today sometimes. LOL Glad you’re in the zone! Keep working hard at it! You can do it!
    @jupdyke~ Awesome run and wonderful pool day for you. Yeah!! As I was hauling those limbs, I imagined you cheering me on. :) Thanks! We had great days!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Awesome Saturday. Yeah you!
    @ajaia2001~ Good job! Fun Saturday! Hope you had fun at the water park, too!
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ma0aoxl6qe1t.jpg
    🎈 🎈 JUNE WEEK 3 🎈 🎈
    🎈 JUNE 16th - JUNE 22nd 🎈
    30 MEMBERS
    21 (70%) of us weighed in
    20 (95%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 26.0lbs!!
    🎈 🎈AWESOME JOB TEAM 🎈 🎈
    tl3pk0at2ga5.gif
    HUGE congrats to our teammates who posted 5 or more times as part of the daily RTM Mini-challenge:
    xzn7nfx0u7zs.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:
    r2yx6m0w5xvo.gif
    For being able to take a negative situation and put a positive spin on it! Congrats to our
    🌺 🌸TOP SPINNERS 🌺 🌸
    @johicks
    @jupdyke
    @jwall309
    @JamieD328

• skullsandskeletons
    Options
    June week 4 check-in:
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 233
    CW: 231

Thing I did well: tracking. That is the single most important thing that keeps me in the zone.
    Thing to improve: exercise.
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Delayed week 3 weigh in post, my apologies! Graduation season and the events are nonstop!! Been doing well with the food but I must curtail that glass (or more) of wine that seems to accompany every celebration!

WEIGH IN DAY WEDNESDAY
    SW-226
    PW-226
    CW-224.8

Have a great week everyone!
This discussion has been closed.