TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    @lsjhudson Sorry to hear you didn’t get the results you were hoping for today. We’ve all been there, and it really is disappointing. It’s possibly a combination of not tracking for those 2 days and as you mentioned, your IBS. I normally log my meals the night before so I know exactly what I’ll be eating and it ensures I don’t go over my calorie allowance. You could maybe try that?

I know you feel like giving up but please don’t. Keep in mind the reasons you started this. This weight loss thing takes time and every one of us has had weeks where we have gained, so you’re not alone. Make sure that you’re consistent with your tracking.

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that you have not let the team down. Some weeks we lose, some weeks we might gain but we’re all in this together and we’re here to support each other 🤗

Thank you lovely xx it can be so frustrating but I know that I don't want to go back to letting myself down all the time. So I will keep at it!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    @lsjhudson Sorry to hear you didn’t get the results you were hoping for today. We’ve all been there, and it really is disappointing. It’s possibly a combination of not tracking for those 2 days and as you mentioned, your IBS. I normally log my meals the night before so I know exactly what I’ll be eating and it ensures I don’t go over my calorie allowance. You could maybe try that?

I know you feel like giving up but please don’t. Keep in mind the reasons you started this. This weight loss thing takes time and every one of us has had weeks where we have gained, so you’re not alone. Make sure that you’re consistent with your tracking.

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that you have not let the team down. Some weeks we lose, some weeks we might gain but we’re all in this together and we’re here to support each other 🤗

^^this 100%. We have all had weeks that we gained, and it's really a normal part of the process. Second, it really is hard to know if you're overeating if you're not tracking. Even if it's one or 2 days, it's really hard to know.
    And giving up definitely won't get you closer to your goals, hang in there, get back on track, you can do this, we have all been there.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

Weigh in on Mondays
    Username: lsjhudson
    Week: June, week 3
    PW =226.6
    CW=230.8

Loss this week: +4.2
    [/b]Total loss[/b]: 2.2lb

I almost don't want to talk about this. I'm so frustrated and upset I could cry. I literally had only 2 days this week where I didn't track...but those weren't binging days...I would call them overeating days because they would have obviously been over my calorie intake amount recommended to lose weight. But I did NOT eat enough on those 2 days to warrant a stinking 4.2lb gain. I know with my health circumstances (I have IBS amongst other things) can affect the number on the scale, but I honestly feel like if I'm not actively trying to lose weight I'm gaining weight. I can't just stay in a pause setting. Do you know what I mean? So I either feel like I'm stretching myself and working super hard to lose 1-2lb a week, or I take my eye off the ball here and there and suddenly gain a stupid amount of weight that feels so terribly unfair. This makes me want to give up but I know I can't. I won't give up.

Please don't feel like you have let us down. We have ALL been there. It is a daily struggle. Just keep fighting and you will get there.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @batgirl140 – Congrats on you new belt!
    @AB0215 – Wahoo! Great job on losing 100 lbs!! That is amazing!

SLIMn2016 wrote: »

...AND and FYI and reality check ---per HAPPY SCALE input this morning--->I'm back up 5.5lbs after yesterday's large bowl of 🍜Pho.... 🤦🏻♀️. My water weight fluctuations are totally crazy.🤷🏻♀️
    Ok, so here’s my crazy scale story...I got up one morning, peed and then weighed myself as I normally do. Recorded my weight and then did some normal morning routing stuff – I did not eat or drink anything, I didn’t even brush my teeth yet, nor did I add anything to myself (i.e., I didn’t wet my hair, put on lotion, etc.) I realized I needed to use the bathroom again, had a BM, thought “hey, now I’m curious, I’ll go weigh myself again.” And I was up .2 lbs!!! Maybe i need a new scale...

@lsjhudson – First of all, you did NOT let the team down! We all have setbacks, gain weeks, slow loss weeks, etc. That’s just part of this journey (and life, really). Second of all, do you weigh yourself daily (and track it)? I know it doesn’t work for some people – but it’s definitely helps me. My guess is that you’re all-night PTA party is probably responsible for much if not all of your gain. And the reason I mentioned weighing yourself every day, is that, if you get back to your normal routine, most (if not all) of that weight will be gone in a few days. Don’t beat yourself up – just focus on your “why’s” and your goal and get back to it! (Which is something I have to tell myself often on Mondays! :D )
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday 6/16

Worried about the weigh in tomorrow. My weight has been bouncing around one to two pounds either direction. It may be a gain this week. :s

My weight has been doing the same this week. I was happy with the .8 loss because I afraid of what it could have been otherwise,

• OkieGina
    Options
    Daily check in for Friday
    Track: yes, up until evening (oops)
    Calories: Pretty close (probably slightly under)
    Water: decent should do better
    Exercise: no :'( I had a workout all planned, but then my husband got stuck at work and i had to go pick up the kids!

Weekend check in (Saturday and Sunday)
    Ok, so, I did a horrible job of tracking anything this weekend. I know I had between 7000 and 7600 steps each day (Friday-Sunday) thanks to my watch. I know that I did a better job of drinking water than I usually do on the weekends and I know that I made better food choices (both how much and when to eat) than I used to on the weekends. All that being said...I have no idea how many calories or how much water i really consumed. I have got to figure out a way to do better at this on the weekends.

I also missed 2 or 3 workouts last week. Which kind of upsets me, but then I realized I still made it 3 time! All year, my goal has been to average 3-4 workouts per week. Yes, I'd like to do more, but realistically, life happens!

cezp7wiu4nfd.jpg
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday:
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: June Week 3
    PW: 209.8
    CW: 208.4

Wahoo! It's progress - I'll take it!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »

GREAT LOSS
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 10627
    Exercise: 30 mins walking
    Sunday was my birthday and my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family 6 hours away. It was a great day but a very quick trip left Friday at supper and was home yesterday.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Sunday was my birthday and my wife and I went to visit my daughter and family 6 hours away. It was a great day but a very quick trip left Friday at supper and was home yesterday.

Happy belated birthday praying you have many more years to come according to His divine will!!🎂🎊🎉🎂🎊🎉😍😍
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »

Nice, keep it up 🎉🎉😍
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

June: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 198.4
    CW: 197.2

June has been a "slow go" month for me. I am going....like the turtle I am progressing towards my goals. :)

As long as you keep going down count it as a win as it could be worse. 👏🏾👏🏾👍🏾👍🏾
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Monday
    Username: @aadubb
    Week: June Week 3
    SW: 172.6
    PW: 155.1
    CW: 155.4

Comments:
    I know the weight loss slows down but I'm frustrated. If I didn't have a deadline i wouldnt be bothered about the slow pace but I do and it is bothersome. Anyway in 19 days it will all be over and I can relax and lose the weight at my own pace.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

Weigh in on Mondays
    PW =226.6
    CW=230.8

I almost don't want to talk about this. I'm so frustrated and upset I could cry. I literally had only 2 days this week where I didn't track...but those weren't binging days...I would call them overeating days because they would have obviously been over my calorie intake amount recommended to lose weight. But I did NOT eat enough on those 2 days to warrant a stinking 4.2lb gain. I know with my health circumstances (I have IBS amongst other things) can affect the number on the scale, but I honestly feel like if I'm not actively trying to lose weight I'm gaining weight. I can't just stay in a pause setting. Do you know what I mean? So I either feel like I'm stretching myself and working super hard to lose 1-2lb a week, or I take my eye off the ball here and there and suddenly gain a stupid amount of weight that feels so terribly unfair. This makes me want to give up but I know I can't. I won't give up.

Laura, don't fret so as stress is a reason for weight gain as well. I've had many weeks like this were I worked so hard and still gained weight so here's what I advise: keep tracking and keep exercising and loss the negativity we're in this together sometimes the scale is just not in our favor but don't be defeated YOU GOT THIS! We are all ROOTING FOR YOU! As you can see from the many posts in response to your post. There will be downs, downs, and ups but stick it out and you're bound to see results sooner or later.👍🏾👍🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾😍😍😍
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Monday 17 June

Exercise: 20 minute walk, 15 minutes on exercise bike & 3 sets of 15 with dumbbells
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

Weigh in on Mondays
    PW =226.6
    CW=230.8

P.s. I'm really sorry to let the team down x

You have NOT let the team down. This journey isn’t easy. Hang in there. Hugs
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »

Happy Birthday
This discussion has been closed.