Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    Anyone here part of the FB MFP group?

Its like the diet wild wild west.

...and droves of The Slimsons finally descend on the FB group out of morbid curiosity....😂

People get so weird about eating normal food. Someone said they want a hamburger and like people said "don't do it" "drink water instead"

Water?!?! In place of a hamburger?!?!
    Ok. I never crave hamburgers, but I always crave bacon cheeseburgers. :D And depending on where I get it, I just don't eat the bread, if I don't have enough calories... lol
    Or I eat the whole thing and adjust the calories the next few days.... haha Either way, I don't do well with food restrictions. You tell me I can't have and suddenly that's ALL I WANT!

I think I will skip the judgy FB group though..... It would just make me mad. I like this group better! <3<3
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Love this group! Thank you for everyone’s support! 👊💃👍👏

Great losses and also NSV to all!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday Team!!

I found this funnier than I probably should have!
    1ay47newakj0.png

This made me giggle. :D
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 LOL !!!😆 😝 😂

Meant to post this yesterday
    6.10 Daily Check IN (Mon) 💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Two Barre classes! 🏋️‍♀️ 🦵 💪

Comments: Feeling great, working out and the scale is going down. 👍👏
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in for Monday

Track: yes (well, 98% - I tracked everything except the 1-2 grapes and cherries i ate while packing the kids' lunches...and the frosting I licked off the spoon while frosting cupcakes to send to school)
    Calories: yes, under, I think...(I was about 280 under before the frosting, so I should be fine)
    Water: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30 minute training session (30 minutes of kettlebell deadlifts, RDLs, and 2 types of rows, plus a few burpees to break it up...)

So...last week I complained about not planning my dinners. I realized this morning that I have the opposite problem this week...dinners are planned (well, not really planned, but i have a few options to choose from) but I didn't do much for lunch. I grilled a bunch of chicken breasts on Sunday, and chopped up some baby lettuce...so I think my "plan" was salads. But that's as far as I got. Yesterday's salad had a few other things in it (tomatoes, bell peppers, hard boiled egg), but it was seriously the most under-whelming salad I think I've ever made! I did better today - added a little bit of cheese and a few raisins (may add some nuts if it's still lacking). It's very unlike me not to plan my lunches, so I'm not really sure what happened (oh yeah, my kid's birthday + a sick hubby...). I might need to come up with some more salad add-ins or something tonight.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

...and droves of The Slimsons finally descend on the FB group out of morbid curiosity....😂

People get so weird about eating normal food. Someone said they want a hamburger and like people said "don't do it" "drink water instead"

Ok. I never crave hamburgers, but I always crave bacon cheeseburgers. :D And depending on where I get it, I just don't eat the bread, if I don't have enough calories... lol
    Or I eat the whole thing and adjust the calories the next few days.... haha Either way, I don't do well with food restrictions. You tell me I can't have and suddenly that's ALL I WANT!

I think I will skip the judgy FB group though..... It would just make me mad. I like this group better! <3<3

Yessssss. Food restrictions leads to binging or giving up. If you want it, eat it. Figure out how to work it in.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

Yessssss. Food restrictions leads to binging or giving up. If you want it, eat it. Figure out how to work it in.

I think this is one of those things where it depends on the person. I LOVE cheeseburgers but I gave them up 8 months ago when I made a 100% commitment to changing to a healthier lifestyle. That is just me though, I would never presume to tell someone else how to live or how to change their life. I don't really crave them much any longer. I still eat a couple of pieces of bacon on Sunday morning and a sub from Publix on Friday but they aren't "trigger" foods for me like burgers.

I don't think the Facebook MFP site is too bad. Some of the general community pages on this site are terrible though. If you don't agree with the long timers you get tons of "woos", which in this community has a negative connotation. They are super judgmental about everything.

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of those things where it depends on the person. I LOVE cheeseburgers but I gave them up 8 months ago when I made a 100% commitment to changing to a healthier lifestyle. That is just me though, I would never presume to tell someone else how to live or how to change their life. I don't really crave them much any longer. I still eat a couple of pieces of bacon on Sunday morning and a sub from Publix on Friday but they aren't "trigger" foods for me like burgers.

I don't think the Facebook MFP site is too bad. Some of the general community pages on this site are terrible though. If you don't agree with the long timers you get tons of "woos", which in this community has a negative connotation. They are super judgmental about everything.

^^this 100% I eat cheeseburgers lol, I just eat them bunless! Well right now that's sort of true, I eat bacon hamburgers right now, no cheese but yep. There's a lot of ways to get there, you have to find what works for you.
    And on a side note, it needs to be a sad face and not a woo, woo should be positive, they are really weird on their choice of emotes for the threads, just saying.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options

And on a side note, it needs to be a sad face and not a woo, woo should be positive, they are really weird on their choice of emotes for the threads, just saying.

YES!! I think I Woo'd someone early on - thinking it was like "wahoo!" (i.e., "yea" or excited) instead of bad. Oops...
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »

YES!! I think I Woo'd someone early on - thinking it was like "wahoo!" (i.e., "yea" or excited) instead of bad. Oops...
    @OkieGina
    Don't worry about that, we decided a long time ago in here we use it like a Whoo hoo.
    Starting to think I should make that a disclaimer at the beginning lol.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »

@OkieGina
    Don't worry about that, we decided a long time ago in here we use it like a Whoo hoo.
    Starting to think I should make that a disclaimer at the beginning lol.

I agree that "woo" should be positive. I was pretty shocked when I found out it was a negative. It could be just a simple "thumbs down" emoji. They just love to "woo" people on the regular boards....even newcomers who are just trying to understand things.

I still don't "woo" anyone....even here where it's ok....bad memories from the other boards....ha ha ha. Do you know you can look at your stats and see how many "woos" you have gotten...it's so silly?
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So all my trigger foods have dairy. Giving up dairy(forced to give up dairy, for tmi factor it was basically eating away at my intestines, I thought I had cancer) saves me. I honestly think why this time its working and working so good!

I want pizza, icecream, milk chocolate..... but I remember how horrible I felt eating it.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    💥 Daily Post: Tuesday, 11th June💥

✅Track: Yes
    Calories: over
    ✅Exercise: 20 min strength training

Comments: I really struggled today 🤦‍♀️ I don't even know why either, it's like I just gave up mid way through the day. We woke up to find Daughter has chickenpox and so will be off nursery all week. This might also explain all her crazy behaviour before today. We had a good day despite this..lots of playing and cuddles. But I really haven't been on track today and i don't know if it's laziness or something else I'm not aware of. Possibly self-sabotage. Anyway my challenge now will be to move on from it tomorrow...you know, not let it dictate how I behave tomorrow, bc although I'm quite emotionless about it today the normal pattern will be that tomorrow I will think I've failed and continue to self sabotage. I need to prove to myself that I can move on and not let one day destroy my progress. And it's a lot harder to do stuck at home with a sick child and not being able to distract myself as easily! Anyway I know I've been waffling but wanted to be honest about my day. Sigh. Onwards, onwards.
  • lsjhudson
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    ⭐️Daily Post: Tuesday 11 June

Track: Yes
    Calories: I was over by 17 and then under once I done some exercise
    Exercise: 15 mins on exercise bike
    💬Comments: As some of you guys already know, I met my original goal weight today and I’m feeling really proud of myself. I’d still like to lose just a little more, maybe 5lbs or so and then see how I feel about myself. I posted some before and after photos in the Success Stories section (it took me a lot of courage as i feel embarrassed about my “before” photos...but I done it 😅 If anyone would like to have a nosey at my pics, please feel free...here’s the link 🙂

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10749079/37lbs-gone-184-147-before-after-pics-7-months-postpartum

You're amazing. You've done so brilliant and should feel super proud of yourself 🙌
  • lsjhudson
    Options

Yikes! Surely that's the reason you're calories counting...so you can have a burger instead of going on a diet fad!!

@AB0215 I get it...big props to you for recognising your triggers and avoiding them! I'm often a glutton for punishment!
  • lsjhudson
    Options

😱😱😱😱😱 I have woo'd loads of people!!!! Thought it was a Woohoo!!! With, admittedly, a weird emoji attached that didn't match my assumption of the word...geeez now I'm worried I've offended loads of people across MFP 😂🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ How are us beginners supposed to know this?!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @lsjhudson thanks a lot 😊 Sorry to hear your little girl has chickenpox, it’s not nice at all (I first got chickenpox when I was 17!) I’m sure you’ll do just fine tomorrow. Each day is a fresh start...just believe in yourself 🙂🤗
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to @o0kody0o super job reaching your goals!!🙌🎊💫👊😝

and to @lsjhudson sorry your 'lil one has chickenpox--- that is rough on both of you---but I feel bad for the itchiness she's probably having---ouch. Hope she feels better asap---and try to find time for you--- to destress! Hang in there!

Daily Post: Tuesday, June 11th
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under/Fasting
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Elliptical, Body Pump, Inclined Treadmill walk & walking Goldie
    ✅ Water: 235.6 oz. +

🗣Comments/Goals: Doing my first 40+ hour fast (with <motivation from> MFPer, Mari)… I stopped eating at 5pm last night…and will do fasted cardio in the morning and then eat at around noon-time. So far I feel fantastic!! I really needed the reset on detoxing from the sugars I’d been eating. Worth it!

This discussion has been closed.