LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    What sort of green tea do you drink? I looked one shopping trip and there was so much to choose from that I ended up not getting anything. I'm not really a hot tea fan, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I dunno if I'll lose weight tomorrow lol.
    I was 175.2 before breaking my fast at 2pm again.
    I was HUNGRY though and ate a good bit. I didn't track anything though so not sure how many calories I did eat.
    Oh well. We'll see what my weight is tomorrow I guess.
    I'm already feeling better physically though. A bit more grumpy which sucks for my kids lol, but my joints aren't aching anymore. Still did get a headache but nothing tylenol didn't fix.

I'm going to try exercising tomorrow. Will probably keep it very light though depending on how I'm feeling. my legs (calves mostly) are still REALLY sore from zoo trip (lots of uphill walking).

Broke fast with spicy pork rinds
    Dinner was ground beef taco style
    2 low carb tortilla shells
    romaine lettuce, pimento cheese, hot sauce
    I was still hungry so had some more of the meat on lettuce w/ broccoli and ranch.
    STILL hungry so had a little bit of leftover steak w/ horseradish sauce
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I love green tea as it does help you loose weight too :) I just buy the Lipton tea bags green tea. Besides that, I am trying to get myself to drink 2L of water per day too as it helps to flush the waste from my body. Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow :)
  • LiLee2018
    I definitely need to get more water in.
    Woke up extremely dizzy this morning. Think it's from lack of sleep last night along with being dehydrated.
    I wanted to exercise but figured I probably shouldn't since my body is doing... something.
    I'll just chalk up this week to getting back on track and then next week will start exercising again.

Sleep was awful last night though. Forgot that I had pickled jalapenos on my dinner last night, but my body didn't forget and I had nice spicy *kitten* after staying up for over an hour going back and forth to the toilet. lol
    Why do all the foods I love hate me so much? /cry ;)

I forgot to mention that since Sunday, I've been having a pain on my right ovary area. Really hoping it's just old age ache and I just did something while I was sleeping and not a cyst. The pain there hasn't gotten any worse, but it hasn't really gotten better either.

OH and I should be getting in some chopsticks I bought off amazon today! I plan on eating my meals with them to help slow me down. I can't use chopsticks for crap right now so it should slow me way way down lol.
    I inhale my food which I think is causing me to want to overeat so I think this will help. Plus it will just be fun to try something different and get better at using chopsticks too :)

And finally... weight just a little bit ago was 172.something so yay :) Weight is going back down steadily. At this rate I should be back in the 160's again by Friday which I'm really happy about. Then maybe by next Friday I'll see my lowest again. We'll see though. We'll see :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I knew you'd get off a few pounds a day through this week! WOOT WOOT! I betcha you see a LOT tomorrow if you get our water in! My OFFICIAL prediction is 170.X tomorrow if you get over 100oz in :)

I drink any kinda I like! I always have normal green tea in the house but often get some flavors too just to switch it up :) I like the raspberry acai...agree with JP lipton is a good bet and cheap :)

I love love love chopsticks! I refuse...and I mean REFUSE to eat asian food without them LOL - I have a giant box of them! I'm a fast eater at night too, but if I eat at work it takes me LITERALLY hours lmao

• LiLee2018
    So the chopsticks are a success b/c I completely suck using them! lol
    I ate a good bit today so we'll see what my weight will be tomorrow!
    I broke fast at about 2:30 with some rotisserie chicken. I ate a thigh, leg, part of a wing and some of the breast.
    I then ate some steak with salad (romaine lettuce, broccoli, caesar dressing, ham cubes).
    All using chopsticks very awkward but it definitely slowed my eating waaaay down.
    Also been drinking more water. I've been peeing like crazy but I guess that comes with it lol.
    I do need to drink more though so I plan on getting in as much as possible before bed. FX for a good weigh in tomorrow!
  • mistymeadows2005
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    So the chopsticks are a success b/c I completely suck using them! lol
    I ate a good bit today so we'll see what my weight will be tomorrow!
    I broke fast at about 2:30 with some rotisserie chicken. I ate a thigh, leg, part of a wing and some of the breast.
    I then ate some steak with salad (romaine lettuce, broccoli, caesar dressing, ham cubes).
    All using chopsticks very awkward but it definitely slowed my eating waaaay down.
    Also been drinking more water. I've been peeing like crazy but I guess that comes with it lol.
    I do need to drink more though so I plan on getting in as much as possible before bed. FX for a good weigh in tomorrow!

Word of advice... I try to stop the purposeful water intake at least an hour before I go to bed... Otherwise it disrupts my sleep lol

All your food always sounds delish...im a fan of low carb for day to day stuff but it's so darn expensive! Lol
  • jadepearl
    Wohoo, on your weight loss!!! Its going down, baby! :):+1: Chopsticks not going to help me much though as currently I just can't stop eating Arnott's Mint Slices :( Cheering you on to the land of 160s!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is so awesome!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty, so weight this morning was still 172. I haven't pooped though so I think that may be why. It might go down more before breaking my fast too so I'll try to remember to weigh again before eating.
    I'm not too worried about it. It would've been nice to see it lower, but meh... at least there is a reason it's not yet.

Oh and yesterday I forgot I ate some salt and vinegar pork rinds as well. REALLY salty. I also stayed hungry after dinner. Didn't want anything too calorie dense so ate a little bit of kimchi about an hour before bed.
    Fixed some SF jello last night for a low calorie something if I still feel hungry again, which I probably will.

Also, I think the dizziness is vertigo. It makes sense for when it happen (started when laying down last night and it's continuing when I get up from laying down). I looked up info on it and there is something called the epley manuever that you can do to try to get your inner ear something or other back to where it's supposed to be... I dunno.. but I'm going to try it out and hopefully it helps with the dizziness.

So yeah.... FX that that works b/c this dizziness sucks.

And FX for a lower weight :)

• mistymeadows2005
    Interesting - I've never had vertigo but I've heard it's a nightmare, so I hope that's not what it is. Did you get your water intake up babe? That'll help the pooping AND the weight loss :) I love me some SF jello - I bought like 12 boxes on Amazon and just haven't gotten around to making it...perhaps you'll inspire me to make some tonightttttttt
  • LiLee2018
    Interesting - I've never had vertigo but I've heard it's a nightmare, so I hope that's not what it is. Did you get your water intake up babe? That'll help the pooping AND the weight loss :) I love me some SF jello - I bought like 12 boxes on Amazon and just haven't gotten around to making it...perhaps you'll inspire me to make some tonightttttttt

Yep, I definitely increased water yesterday. I don't know by how much, but I had 5 glasses of water along with some diet soda. That's a lot for me. It's usually like... 2 or 3 diet sodas, and a sip or 2 of water and that's it lol.
    I'm going to keep trying to get more water in though. Maybe up to 6 or so glasses and see how that goes.

Yeah this vertigo thing is not fun and it's gotten worse today. Just sitting here feeling off and it's making me nauseated. About to go try the manuever thing again. It's supposed to help get the calcium crystals that are in the inner ear tubes out. I dunno.... hoping it works.

• mistymeadows2005
    Yikes, yeah that doesn't sound fun...I hope your maneuver thing works!

GOOD I'm glad you got that water up! I find if I'm slacking I just fill up a 16oz-er with room temp water and just chug it, refill and take it with me LOL Sometimes its just gotta be done LOL
  • LiLee2018
    I looked up my cup online and it's 22oz so I got in a good amount of water yesterday. Yay :)
    Wish I could get more of these, but bought it years ago at walmart on halloween clearance.
    The lid to mine broke and my daughter is a chewer and chewed the straw that came with it too :\
    But still.. love these cups! This one is mine and there's also a dark grey colored one that I bought for hubs.
    scviyrc0vaib.jpg

Water has been lacking today though. The nausea has kept me from really drinking a lot. When I drank, the nausea would come back.
    I plan on getting more water in though. Just have to force it a bit and it's not going to be as much as it was yesterday.

Dinner tonight was a giant hamburger patty made with 80/20 ground beef on a salad (romaine lettuce, broccoli), pimento cheese, caesar dressing, pickled japaleno
    I also had a little bit of steak (maybe about 4oz of the fattier parts) in a low carb tortilla shell
    AND I ate my weight in SF jello... raspberry flavor and cherry

Not really expecting much for weigh in tomorrow. It was still sitting at 172 before I ate.
    It sucks, but it's ok too. I know it will go down with time :) Just have to remain patient!

Oh I might not OMAD saturday, but I'm going to try to remember to. Or it might be 2MAD. We plan on going blueberry picking again since we've gotten a good bit of rain. Hopefully the blueberries will be better this time.
  • LiLee2018
    Yikes! Sorry the image is so big!! Forgot to resize it!
  • LiLee2018
    Oh crap. Forgot that I also ate about 2.5 hard boiled eggs. 2 broke while boiling so they weren't full eggs lol
  • jadepearl
    I have vertigo and its the most horrible thing ever :( However, ever since I went into alternative medicine, it has helped me a lot. If you are open to it, here's the link:
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320492.php

As for water, I am really bad with it. Finally managed to get in 2 litres of water yesterday. But of course its still below the 1 gallon which Steph is talking about..getting there, slowly but surely :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    You girls have GOT THIS! I promise you it's 90% getting in the habit...I love the cup Lisa! Super fun! At 22 oz, appx 6 would get you to a gallon - that's not bad at allllllllllllllll! 1 every 2 hours would do the trick!

I really gotta get that pimento cheese - I'm putting it on my grocery list RIGHT MEOW! (But now I hafta go back and find the brand you told me it was :D )
  • LiLee2018
    I really gotta get that pimento cheese - I'm putting it on my grocery list RIGHT MEOW! (But now I hafta go back and find the brand you told me it was :D )

Palmetto cheese :) Sold pretty much everywhere. It's pretty high calorie for not that much though so just remember that.

So.. my vertigo is gone for now! WOO!
    2nd time I did the epley manuever seemed to do the trick to get whatever was in my inner ear out. I didn't know it until I went to bed though. Laid down, no dizziness. Woke up an hour later to use the bathroom and... no dizziness when getting out of bed. WOOHOO!
    SO flippin glad I looked up information and that the epley thing is something that can be done at home.

Water intake yesterday was a little less. I only managed 4 cups but that's still a decent amount and I'm happy about that.

Weigh-in isn't quite where I was hoping it would be.

Not in the 160's like I was hoping but that's ok b/c that's still a lot of bloat gone in a week.
    I'll hope to get back to my lowest next Friday, but if I don't get there.. that's ok too. Not going to stop me from continuing on or anything :)

Now to just get this house cleaned up. We have friends coming in next weekend to stay with us and well... they're tidy folks and my home is anything but tidy. It's a disaster area and I don't want to clean it /cry lol

• mistymeadows2005
    FUN WEEKEND it sounds like! LOL

I don't mind the cals...apparently I need to be upping mine more than I am...and I'd rather do it with fat then carbs (just personal preference). Excited to hunt it down! Is it generally in the refrigerated section or no?

Glad to hear your vertigo went away...it sounded REAL not fun.
  • mistymeadows2005
    How much does it generally cost you? There's no price on ma' Walmart website