Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Thank you @LiLee2018 ❤️ Yes, it's the 3 *kittens* ladies who like to meet each other every morning and make fun of others. They are just bad news and their kids are no better😞

That how I feel too @Nevadaden 😩 When it fits nicely at the hips, the waistline is too loose. DH always tease me and say I can hide a roast chicken in it and walk out of the supermart🤣🤣🤣

• jadepearl
    Week 48
    CW: 55.8kg (122. 7lbs)

Good morning OMADers❤️

I had a surprise this morning when I weigh myself😲👍... I have go into the 55 region and I am happy, happy, happy 😁😁😉 I know its just a little loss but for a person like me, who just can't loose weight, it's huge. 🥰

Going to a bigger town to get other stuff for the family as our little local supermart doesn't sell it.

Guess will be having McDonald's lunch special for OMAD today as its cheap.

Take care❤️
  • jadepearl
    Forgot to post my scale photo... accountability
    g9dxncv0x89c.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    MacDonalds can totally work sometimes.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Nice on those wins babe!!! Awesome!!!

I have the opposite problem...I wear a 7/8ish on the bottom but I have wide shoulders, and not a particularly small frame...so I run into the opposite problem if I buy, say, a suit...the pants will be too big in the hips and legs if I get the jacket that fits right...the struggle is real.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    WOOHOO for scale victory!
  • jadepearl
    @arguablysamson - I had a Fillet O Fish and a Diet Coke. Wasn't too bad, I hope 🤔😁

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you❤️ Oh, so you are opposite of me. Oh yes, the struggle is real indeed😣

@LiLee2018 - Thank you❤️ Hope I can get to my GW before 2019 is over🤞🤞🤞
  • jadepearl
    Week 48
    UGW: 50kg (110lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers <3

I am currently stuck at 55.8kg :( The weather ain't helping much either :( This winter is so much colder than last year! Temperature went down to ZERO yesterday night :( Found lots of sleet on the ground and on the car :( It's going to be ZERO temperature for the next few nights till Sunday it seems :(

As for my weight, it is hanging on to 55.8kg. Weighed myself this morning and Mr. Scale flashed 55.8kg, so no change :( I really hope I didn't hit a plateau again :( Besides that, found a lump on the left side of my neck. I suspect it might be a thyroid nodules but DH has made an appointment and its in a week. Its full house at the Drs as everyone is falling sick here :(

I OMAD at 11am today...just too hungry. This cold weather is making me very hungry and very tired. As for exercises, I am trying to get my lazy butt to exercise at least 20 mins every evening so that I can burn some calories. But with this temperature, I just want to hibernate like a bear :lol:

hdalw119of84.jpg

Have a wonderful Wed <3

• LiLee2018
    I hope the lump isn't anything serious.
    You're in NZ right? I didn't realize it got that cold there. You do whatever you need to stay warm and comfy!
  • mistymeadows2005
    LOLOLOL the winter makes me feel the same! Stay warm dear!
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - I sure its not serious too :worried: DH is stressing over it and that makes me more stress! :weary: Am from Australia and most of the time, we always say we are from Down Under :wink:

@mistymeadows2005 - Yes, I sure will as it going to hit ZERO tonight :smile:

Week 48

Didn't weigh myself this morning as I was in a rush to get my kids to school. Couldn't really sleep as I am a light sleeper and the hail ping ponging on my roof kept me awake the whole night. When I finally got to sleep, I've got to get up again as it was already morning :(

I am also trying to get myself to drink more water :) I really salute @mistymeadows2005 as she can drink up to 1 gallon of water (roughly 3.7 litres). I can only manage around 1.2 litre of water and a full pot of green tea. The health experts over here trying to push us to drink 2 litres of water per day and I still fall short on that. May be that's why I ain't loosing much weight as my body is holding it in?

Managed to push my lazy bum to exercise yesterday evening... only clocked-in 30 mins of aerobics workout. It better than nothing, right?

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Wed evening over there <3 For me here, its around 4.30pm on a Thursday gloomy and cold evening.

Take care and hugs to all <3

• SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    30 mins exercise is great.
    3.7 l water is madness in my opinion - but we try anything at this point right? :D
    Anyhow I think 2 litres is still a good aim. I am really trying to lower my calories at this point but struggling. I so really really want to get to that 150 lbs (this is just stuck in my head, when i reach it there will be a celebration for sure) and really to 140 lbs - but its just sloooow.
    I had a look at my charts and to be honest if i am trending it out weekly average instead of looking at 1 day on a Friday I am lower consistently just very slowly. I hope the calorie counting will help. I remember when i had 35 pounds lost I thought I will never get to 55 pounds lost (which I am now) but hey it happened. So i think we just need to be more patient, drink more water (khm) and eat less. Damn I wish there would be a magic pill!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I agree 30 mins is AWESOME! It's 25 more than I manage! LMAO

JP, you really have to make a CONSCIOUS effort to drink more...quite honestly, if I drank 2 liters of water a day, I'd see a gain almost every day...seriously. I know it seems like a lot but once you get in the habit it's not bad. A gallon is really my MINIMUM but if I hit it, I'm happy :) Got it the last 2 days, but this morning has been tough because I'm so busy so gonna have to put the pedal to the metal this afternoon!
  • jadepearl
    Thank you @SoulSisterSoulBrother <3 Yes, I wish there's a magic pill too but alas, there's no such thing :( I know what you mean about slow as I have another 5ish kg to go and its just so so slooooooow :( Iam trying to get my water in and see if that works! :)

Yes, I am trying my best @mistymeadows2005 as I think it might just be why I am not loosing weight. Managed to get in 2 litres yesterday (roughly 1/2 gallon). A silly question, does tea and other liquid included in that 1 gallon? Thank you <3

Week 48

Its raining and hailing now :( Yesterday night didn't hit zero but it did get down to 1 °C at 2am plus.

Weighed myself this morning and I think I am stuck, I have hit a plateau again :( Its same old same old 55.8kg. Here's hoping to see 54kg before the June is over....fingers cross!

I am also trying to get more water into my system...really bad with water :( I finally managed to get in 2 litres (roughly 1/2 gallon) into my body yesterday. A silly question but please bear with me...does drinking tea and other liquid includes in the 1 gallon per day consumption or it has to be plain old water only?

Hope you guys are having a wonderful evening over there! <3
    Over here, its raining and hailing and gloomy but at least I have a heater in front of me to keep me warm <3
    Take care <3

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sorry for the bad weather and plateau hopefully you can break through that soon!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    I have to push myself with the water, too, but I definitely notice a difference when I do. I hope the weather and the plateau both lift.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I have to THINK about it...it's not subconscious yet, because I got out of the habit, BUT yes JP...I count all liquids except alcohol in my water intake...of course, I never have caloric bevs personally but tea and coffee, FA SHO!!!

I think I got close to a gallon yesterday...with how fast the weight is falling off WITHOUT OMADing JUST by getting my water in, I suspect you might be right...get your water levels up and see the weight FALL AWAY! :)

Plateaus are SUPER annoying and can be discouraging but just remember my mantra - Trust the process, stay the course :)
  • LiLee2018
    You're doing great girl! I also struggle getting in enough water. I have to force myself to drink. If I don't.. I barely drink anything b/c I'm just usually not thirsty.

Ah Australia... I was a little off :P Still though. Didn't realize it got that cold there and dang.. yall get A LOT of hail it seems too! Sheesh. Hopefully there are better days to come. You're still doing great!
  • jadepearl
    Thank you @volgirl1322 ❤️ Trying to get in more water intake and see if that would break my plateau🤞🤞🤞

Thank you @Nevadaden ❤️ Sure hope that more water intake will break my plateau too 🤞🤞

Thanks for the info @mistymeadows2005 ❤️ Am going to be more deligent in my water intake. Ah, so tea is also included in the water intake. So, that would be another 1 litre in. Sure hope this will break my plateau 🤞🤞🤞

NZ is like our sister @LiLee2018 ❤️ It something like Canada and the US, I guess. We are getting quite a lot of hail this winter and snow is falling in places which doesn't snow.. ❄️🌨️😳

• jadepearl
    Week 49

Good afternoon OMADers❤️

Good golly, I am in my Week49. 3 more weeks and it I year with OMAD. Still didn't reach my GW, ain't that terrible? 😞

1 more week and its school holidays for my kids and that means my OMAD will be all over the place🙄😞

This weekend, the temperature will hit Zero degrees0⃣🥶. People are already saying that it may snow this year❄️ The last time it snowed, it was about 43 years ago.

OMAD at around 2pm today. Calorie intake around 1000. As for water, so far, around 1.5 litre. Hoping to get in at least 3 litres by tonight. As for exercise, hoping to get in some aerobics this evening

It's around 3.30pm here, I guess you guys are in zzland. Sweet dreams, you guys 🌃😘