Food- under
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - morning run, evening workout group

Friday goals
    Continue logging food
    Run 3-4 miles
    Short lifting session
    Laundry

Yesterday is my new day one. I started logging food again. I’ve got a couple weeks off before summer school so now is the time to build consistency. I joined a 30 day workout group. I don’t really like the group thing, and there’s not enough lifting to meet my strength needs, but I think the accountability ad consistency is exactly what I need right now.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I logged in today and saw that there have been 34 posts since I logged in yesterday! Wow! Great discussions this month team!

Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 206.8
    Current weight: 205.8
  • Kres567
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    @tess5036 - I am sure you have shared some of these articles but please do again! And you as well @TeresaW1020!

I’ve been using that carb master app this week. Trying to stay under 80g of carbs but it is really hard (especially when my kid’s school has a year end party with a bake sale supporting the children’s hospital! 😬) lol! Do over tomorrow @sunshineplace!

A bake sale? And for a worthy cause? Oh MY - so glad I was not there! 🍰 🍪 I salute your willpower!

Don’t salute me - I had zero willpower! Lol!
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I’m back from my mini-vacay. I was such a relaxing trip - exactly what I needed! So now reality check. School is out so I’ve got no excuses. Goals are to log food, workout 6 days per week, and no wine unless it’s s special occasion. Back to the basics.

Nice goals! Enjoy your summer!
  • Kres567
    Options
    kdv12 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: kdv12
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 219
    Previous Weight: 215.4
    Today's Weight: 218.4

I went up not surprising. We had major computer issues at work and have been working 12-14 hours a day. Stress eating like crazy. I know I am doing it but cant seem to stop it. One more week then hopefully things will calm down....

We should try and do a team challenge around mindful eating or overeating in the moment....let me think about it. Open to suggestions from other members.
  • Kres567
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    Hi, excited to be part of the team and looking forward to the motivation of the challenge!

Welcome welcome!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Just wanted to say, I wish you all the best in your journeys, but I’m going to have to respectfully drop out. My mental state is not where it should be and my binge eating is taking over my life. I started the month with great intentions and enthusiasm, but sadly it did not last. Once I’ve taken better control over this “inner demon” I may join again for a new month. I hope you all reach your goals for a happier and healthier life :)

Do you want to stay on as a non-weigh in member? You can still log in and check in with the group but don’t have to weigh in? Totally up to you, no pressure just wanted to put the option out there for you. Let us know!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    tess5036 wrote: »
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    tess5036 wrote: »

Great going, I went low carb back in October, and have been full keto for quite a while. I think there are a lot if us out there that are insulin resistant, but just to not know it ( research says at least 30% of US population).

I hit a massive stall last year which lasted months and months (about 4-5 if I remember correctly). I was eating at a defecit and doing tons of exercise, but no matter how much I burned in calories, even at 1200 a day I could not loose.

At that point I had just started training for the marathon. I saw my GP ( family doctor) for something completely unrelated and it was him that suggested I tried low carb. It has been amazing for me, not just for Wright, but overall improvements in health and endurance, and now I understand that having been obese for so long I had become insulin resistant and did not know it.

I am generally maintaining due to a heavy training schedule ( and having list the majority of the weight I needed to shift), but by keeping the carbs low I broke the stall and can now increase and decrease weight, but if I start eating too many carbs again, the old problems come back.

I've ended up going a ton of research, so if anyone wants any links to science backed sources ( none of the opinion of uninformed bloggers stuff), let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. We all have to find what works for us, as we are all different

Tess, can you tell me what your macros are on just a normal day? Not your best. Not your worst. I’ve cut back to usually 50 carbs or less and it worries me that so much of my day comes from fats. Healthy fats, yes, mostly. But still.

I keep it under 20g carbs a day, and I am at least 80% fats :). However, I am full keto and am now fat adapted, as I'm training for the marathon later this year.

I know eating fats is worrying at first and really difficult as we have been convinced by so many people over the years that fats are bad, and will cause cholesterol and is bad for the heart as well as putting on weight. In reality, the peer-reviewed evidence does not support any harm to the heart from healthy fats (those include animal saturated fats, as they are long-chain triglycerides), it is only some types of fats that are bad for us; mainly the processed fats such as canola (rapeseed) and sunflower (because they have a different chemical make up). You will also find when you eat more fats, that you get full up for much longer, although that does take a few weeks to kick in.

If someone is not insulin resistant then either low carb or low fat will work, as it is then purely calories in calories out (CICO). If someone is insulin resistant, they tend to reach a point where the CICO approach doesn't work anymore. Just make sure that you don't eat many carbs at the same time as the fat, as carbs will stimulate insulin (undisputed fact, its the basis of the GI index), and if you eat a lot of fat when the insulin is out then you may store it as fat rather than learn to burn it.

Thanks, Tess.

So interesting Tess - thanks for sharing.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm joining the team for the July edition and just wanted to say hello. Good luck to you all, finish up June strong!

Welcome! Thanks for the cheers!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in (almost forgot! 🤪)

Ka97
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Fri
    PW 157.6
    CW 160.2

Vacation weight 😡
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in (almost forgot! 🤪)

Ka97
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Fri
    PW 157.6
    CW 160.2

Vacation weight 😡

You are back, and on your back-to-the-basics plan! I'll bet some of it is water, from eating unaccustomed food, and comes off fast. You got this!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Nothing! I worked extra today and then I just didn't feel like it. I will make it up tomorrow. :)

I made boneless pork chops in my new cast iron grill pan. Sooooooo good!!! I can't wait to do steaks next week. :D

What is everyone's opinion on apple cider vinegar? I have heard pros and cons and now I'm confused. I bought some last week and it makes a wonderful tangy drink with sparkling water and True Lemon. I was hoping there was truth in that it could aid in weight loss? *Fingers Crossed!!* :)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Water: over
    Exercise: Nothing! I worked extra today and then I just didn't feel like it. I will make it up tomorrow. :)

I made boneless pork chops in my new cast iron grill pan. Sooooooo good!!! I can't wait to do steaks next week. :D

What is everyone's opinion on apple cider vinegar? I have heard pros and cons and now I'm confused. I bought some last week and it makes a wonderful tangy drink with sparkling water and True Lemon. I was hoping there was truth in that it could aid in weight loss? *Fingers Crossed!!* :)

I drink Apple cider vinegar with most of my meals and I think it helps me> I think most things you cook taste better cooked in cast iron

• digger61
    Options
    Daily check in for Thursday
    Track: yes
    Water: yes - 120
    Exercise: 120 mins swimming
    I put the wrong date on last check in
    Today goals try to be good and not eat to much I have a wedding and a lunch to follow it
  • digger61
    Options
    Holy cow! I logged in today and saw that there have been 34 posts since I logged in yesterday! Wow! Great discussions this month team!

Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 206.8
    Current weight: 205.8

Wow great loss
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm joining the team for the July edition and just wanted to say hello. Good luck to you all, finish up June strong!

Hi! Look forward to seeing you in July!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise: weights and elliptical

I managed to injure my tailbone on the bike so I couldn't ride yesterday. I'm going to try it with a cushion tonight for a little, though I did a lot at the gym. Who knew not having as much "cushion" could lead to an injury! Should've listened to my body when it first started instead of still riding.

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kdv12 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: kdv12
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 219
    Previous Weight: 215.4
    Today's Weight: 218.4

I went up not surprising. We had major computer issues at work and have been working 12-14 hours a day. Stress eating like crazy. I know I am doing it but cant seem to stop it. One more week then hopefully things will calm down....

We should try and do a team challenge around mindful eating or overeating in the moment....let me think about it. Open to suggestions from other members.

A suggestion, feel free to use or not as other suggestions may be better.......Maybe commit to drinking some water/coffee etc whenever we feel hungry and it's not s meal time, and then waiting 10 minutes to see if we are still hungry or if it passes?
This discussion has been closed.