Options

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Nothing! I worked extra today and then I just didn't feel like it. I will make it up tomorrow. :)

I made boneless pork chops in my new cast iron grill pan. Sooooooo good!!! I can't wait to do steaks next week. :D

What is everyone's opinion on apple cider vinegar? I have heard pros and cons and now I'm confused. I bought some last week and it makes a wonderful tangy drink with sparkling water and True Lemon. I was hoping there was truth in that it could aid in weight loss? *Fingers Crossed!!* :)

I'm not sure, if there are benefits I think they will be minimal, I've never found any science to back it up, but if you are enjoying drinking it then it certainly can't do any harm.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise: weights and elliptical

I managed to injure my tailbone on the bike so I couldn't ride yesterday. I'm going to try it with a cushion tonight for a little, though I did a lot at the gym. Who knew not having as much "cushion" could lead to an injury! Should've listened to my body when it first started instead of still riding.

Ouch, I hope you feel better soon.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm joining the team for the July edition and just wanted to say hello. Good luck to you all, finish up June strong!

Welcome to our group, we look forward to getting to know you 😁
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Sunshineplace
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW 157
    CW 156.6

By some miracle....I’ll take it!!!

I totally understand!!! So awesome!
  • Kres567
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    kdv12 wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: kdv12
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 219
    Previous Weight: 215.4
    Today's Weight: 218.4

I went up not surprising. We had major computer issues at work and have been working 12-14 hours a day. Stress eating like crazy. I know I am doing it but cant seem to stop it. One more week then hopefully things will calm down....

We should try and do a team challenge around mindful eating or overeating in the moment....let me think about it. Open to suggestions from other members.

A suggestion, feel free to use or not as other suggestions may be better.......Maybe commit to drinking some water/coffee etc whenever we feel hungry and it's not s meal time, and then waiting 10 minutes to see if we are still hungry or if it passes?

Tea totally helps me. It still has some calories but far less than overeating and I feel full after it. Good idea. I’m going to put something together for week 4.
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    melissa2013m
    Weigh In Wednesday
    Week 3
    Previous weight 260.8
    Current weight 261.6

posting late just got back from trip
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Daily check in - ForFriday
    Calories - under
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - 3 mile run + lifting

Plan for Saturday
    Workout group this morning. Going to the Red Sox game this afternoon, then spending the night at my parents house in Boston. Planning to do a late breakfast after workout, an early dinner out - salad, and limit to one beer with dinner and one during the game.

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 327.6
    Previous Weight: 314.8
    Today’s Weight: 306.2

This week was a bit of a struggle. I’d eat well for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner, but hubby kept buying candy and setting it next to me while I was watching tv. I kept mindlessly munching in the evening.

I still had a good loss, but my muscles and joints have been hurting like they were before I started eating better on May 5. I need to go to the nearby berry farm to get some fresh berries to use for snacking instead of the candy.
  • Kres567
    Options
    melissa2013m
    Weigh In Wednesday
    Week 3
    Previous weight 260.8
    Current weight 261.6

posting late just got back from trip

Not a bad number for being away! You were making some good choices!
  • Kres567
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in

This week was a bit of a struggle. I’d eat well for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner, but hubby kept buying candy and setting it next to me while I was watching tv. I kept mindlessly munching in the evening.

I still had a good loss, but my muscles and joints have been hurting like they were before I started eating better on May 5. I need to go to the nearby berry farm to get some fresh berries to use for snacking instead of the candy.

Good for you! You are doing amazing!
  • Kres567
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Daily check in - ForFriday
    Calories - under
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - 3 mile run + lifting

Plan for Saturday
    Workout group this morning. Going to the Red Sox game this afternoon, then spending the night at my parents house in Boston. Planning to do a late breakfast after workout, an early dinner out - salad, and limit to one beer with dinner and one during the game.

What a fun day!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    1gh8vk53tdzi.png

HEY HEY HEY IT'S GREG AGAIN
    PLEASE JUMP ON OVER TO THIS LINK AND SUPPORT OUT SUPPORT AND MOTIVATIONAL SIDE OF THE CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10750894/fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-for-july-2019/p1?new=1
    THANKS GREG
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in

great loss
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Previous Weight: 224
    Today’s Weight: 225
    Up 1 lb this week
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    f6ua0fcfewj7.png
    YOUR NEW TEAM MEMBERS JOINING YOUR TEAM FOR THE JULY CHALLENGE
    @cdudley628 AND @FadedNovelty
    PLEASE GIVE THEM A HEARTY WELCOME TO THE MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM
    THANKS GREG

Welcome to the team!!.... Share your ups and downs with us so we can support each other.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Exercise: Nothing! I worked extra today and then I just didn't feel like it. I will make it up tomorrow. :)

I made boneless pork chops in my new cast iron grill pan. Sooooooo good!!! I can't wait to do steaks next week. :D

What is everyone's opinion on apple cider vinegar? I have heard pros and cons and now I'm confused. I bought some last week and it makes a wonderful tangy drink with sparkling water and True Lemon. I was hoping there was truth in that it could aid in weight loss? *Fingers Crossed!!* :)

Your cast iron pan sounds fun, now you have new things to try and it'll make cooking fun! What type of pan did you get? Getting one is on my kitchen wish list.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in

Wow, that's an amazing loss, WTG! Strawberries, especially fresh picked are so sweet right now. I hope you get to the farm soon. Wishing you the best with your muscles and joints.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories under yesterday
    Exercise elliptical, weight training and bike.

I overdid cardio yesterday, really got fired up with a new playlist and my book was halfway through so I kept riding to finish it. The cushion worked, yay! Nothing exciting going on, having a small BBQ tomorrow so I need to clean and decide what to make.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Your cast iron pan sounds fun, now you have new things to try and it'll make cooking fun! What type of pan did you get? Getting one is on my kitchen wish list.

I got this one...https://www.amazon.com/Ayesha-Collection-Square-10-Inch-Twilight/dp/B075QFQC15/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_79_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4H4SSQ5DNMV19JV4VTVM

But warning it is VERY heavy!! I thought the reviews were exaggerating, but nope! It's a two-handed kind of pan. :D It did make the best boneless pork chops last night that I've tasted in a LONG time!! B)

Saturday Check-in
    Exercise: 45 minutes on the treadmill

Today, was a good day. Other than working out and doing some laundry I have pretty much hung out watching videos all day. I became a member of the Diet Doctor website. The first month is free and it's $9 a month after that. I don't know if I will keep it long but I do want to watch a bunch of experts in the Keto field and collect the recipes. I'm also revising my recipe collection and tossed out a ton of stuff that I either haven't made or won't make. Next are my Pinterest food boards. ;)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in

What an impressive loss! Snacking or no, you are clearly doing some things right! Enjoy your trip to the berry farm -- that sounds so fun!

I am so impressed that you noticed that candy makes your joints ache. I was just a couple of hours ago in a conversation with several martial arts friends where we were talking about noticing that eating better has pain diminish and even go away... and that too much of eating the wrong stuff has the pain come back. Human bodies are such interesting science experiments.
This discussion has been closed.