WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs @jugar.. Really appreciate them.

Hope hubby is settled in back home and resting. Let the healing begin ❤️
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    June Week 4/Saturday
    PW:215.4
    CW:212.8

Awesome loss!!! WTG!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    June Week 4/Saturday

That's 9 pounds this month! Holy Moly! You are on a roll, for sure. Keep up the hard work <3
  • jugar
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning team and happy Saturday!! Well, I got my weight back down but not the full 5.9 lbs that I gained last week. I’m still happy with this loss tho. I think going back on IF plus putting my food intake back to 1200 allowed calories and eating back some of my workout calories is what helped me bring this back down by 5 lbs this week. I’m gonna stick to this plan through next month and hopefully continue to manage some small losses or at least maintain.

This past week I went in to see my surgeon (Tuesday) and he isn’t happy at all with the progress of the hematoma that developed after my anchor tummy tuck. It’s still quite large and bulging and as it’s now been 9 weeks, he’s ready to try something a bit more invasive to fix this problem. I go into outpatient surgery next Wednesday to remove all the fluid and gunk buildup that is there. Hopefully this will flatten my tummy properly and my issues with this hematoma will finally be over. The bad thing is my recovery will now be longer than I’d hope so I don’t think I’ll be able to take my kids to the pool any time this summer 😭. It’s something we were all looking forward to doing together all summer long.

WTG Mari! But you are even better than you thought. You only put on 5.4 last week, not 5.9, and now lost 5. Straighten up that crown, oh queen of F2F!

Sad about the hematoma, though. Hopefully the draining of the thing will make it all better, in spite of needing a bit more recovery time. You need a pool with the crazy heat wave over there - but at least you can dangle in your feet and watch the kids get cool, I hope!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    @matthewsfive FANTASTIC LOSS!!

I know there were many others with amazing/inspiring losses too. Congratulations!

@Andreabroadley Sending healing thoughts for your hubby. Hope with each day he feels even stronger. Be sure to take care of yourself too. That’s important. ❤️

@mari_moulin congratulations on that huge loss and those are some incredible step numbers. Sorry that this hematoma is giving you trouble, but hopefully this will take care of it once and for all. ❤️

@evangsimmons170 Our lives present so many dietary challenges. And we sometimes get “tired” of being so good and just want to treat ourselves and enjoy the moment. (That was for me too.) I am confident you will do fine, even if today’s weigh in is not what you want. Your passion, dedication, and determination will get you there.

@jugar thanks for always being so supportive and encouraging. Also, that math on the Merry go round is hard. Lol 😂 I’m just going to grab your hand.

I am checking in and will each day. I am so off the wagon, I can’t even see it. July is a new month! A month to lose and correct the movement of my weight loss trend. It needs to move downward, not stay about the same for TWO months. That’s part of my resistance. I know it.

I am trying to figure out if I’m just tired of logging or I’m not logging because my eating has been so random. I have been eating random stuff, so as not to waste food. It’s not awful, but feels cumbersome to record all the little things.

So, this week, I will get back to that wagon. And
    •record my water
    •get 8,000+ steps a day
    •log all of my food
    •eat within my calories
    •intentional exercise at least three x

I’ve grabbed onto your hands. I’m getting on that Merry go round. ❤️🖐🏻🖐🏻❤️
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I am checking in and will each day. I am so off the wagon, I can’t even see it. July is a new month! A month to lose and correct the movement of my weight loss trend. It needs to move downward, not stay about the same for TWO months. That’s part of my resistance. I know it.

I am trying to figure out if I’m just tired of logging or I’m not logging because my eating has been so random. I have been eating random stuff, so as not to waste food. It’s not awful, but feels cumbersome to record all the little things.

So, this week, I will get back to that wagon. And
    •record my water
    •get 8,000+ steps a day
    •log all of my food
    •eat within my calories
    •intentional exercise at least three x

I’ve grabbed onto your hands. I’m getting on that Merry go round. ❤️🖐🏻🖐🏻❤️

Welcome back aboard the insanely spinning wagon! I know I often fudge or skip logging when I am not eating what I consider to be healthy and good. I find it hard to acknowledge "bad" eating on the log - just leaving it in the head does not work though, so we both shall commit to logging every bite, ok? Even if it is not what we would rather be eating, it is what we ARE eating. It takes a bit of extra time to find the foods/ingredients/correct versions of everything, but it is worth the few minutes it takes. I use the scan thing for ingredients that come in a package with a bar code (this is one of the best mfp mobile app features), but otherwise just put in every danged ingredient of even the most random eating. You can do it!! We are not letting go!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP! END OF WEEK WEIGH-INS
    Please get these done by midnight wherever you are - we want everyone in those final tallies for the month!
    5t3f9je4204h.png
    @Loriab901
    @Terytha
    @bfitb440n2022
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48

@tdrjustus3
    @Blackbeautysue
    @cory17

Thanks!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for your good wishes, everyone.

A couple of days ago, my husband started to change his eating to the DASH diet plan.

Quite a change for him. Although he did not have high blood pressure before the heart attack, the hospital has told him this is the diet for coronary artery disease and high blood pressure.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/dash_brief.pdf

The key difference is that can't really eat refined carbs, and the amount of meat is very low for him. Only 6 oz per day! He is also to eat less added fat than he was before. He eats vegetables, but is not much of a fruit eater. Made it to 2 fruits yesterday, he needs to get to 4 per day.

It is pretty different from what I am doing, which is more like the Zone Diet. So I am going to have to juggle a bit.
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pw: 148.4
    CW: 149.0

This week was more of a struggle, but I did not give in to donut day at the office yesterday!! Thanks for moving me to Saturday weigh in. 😁😁
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Terytha checking in on vacation day one.

PW: 243.6
    CW: 240.8

I made my June mini goal! I'll be at 240 for my endocrinologist appointment Tuesday afternoon! Gonna show that smug jerk. Ahem.

Congrats @Terytha 😎😎
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    Pw: 148.4
    CW: 149.0

This week was more of a struggle, but I did not give in to donut day at the office yesterday!! Thanks for moving me to Saturday weigh in. 😁😁

Congrats on such a great victory @Loriab901 😀😀
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Thanks again for your good wishes, everyone.

A couple of days ago, my husband started to change his eating to the DASH diet plan.

Quite a change for him. Although he did not have high blood pressure before the heart attack, the hospital has told him this is the diet for coronary artery disease and high blood pressure.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/dash_brief.pdf

The key difference is that can't really eat refined carbs, and the amount of meat is very low for him. Only 6 oz per day! He is also to eat less added fat than he was before. He eats vegetables, but is not much of a fruit eater. Made it to 2 fruits yesterday, he needs to get to 4 per day.

It is pretty different from what I am doing, which is more like the Zone Diet. So I am going to have to juggle a bit.

@Andreabroadley I'm so glad your husband's health is improving. I've heard that the DASH diet is great all around. So maybe prepping and cooking will get easier over time. You may find a happy medium between your 2 diets after all. 🙂
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks @evangsimmons170 !
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Matthewsfive
    June Week 4/Saturday

That's 9 pounds this month! Holy Moly! You are on a roll, for sure. Keep up the hard work <3

Thanks
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 200.8
    CW 200.3

I actually did not gain!! Wow! So happy about that. Well, I guess I have maintenance down 😂. Now to lose some weight. Here I come July.

Saturday steps still in progress.
    6j2ip9vkahee.jpeg
  • jugar
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Great progress! Still 5 weigh-ins to come, but things are looking good and green.

@Andreabroadley - DASH diet is wonderful, and I'm sure it will help your husband. Lots of vegetables for sure! And don't worry about the smaller amount of animal protein. I have a hereditary coronary and lipid problem, and this works really well. Fish is great if he is craving more (hopefully he likes it...). I know it can be hard to cook more than one way, but believe me you can get used to it! When both my kids were home, we had 2 carnivores, a fish-lacto-ovo more or less vegetarian, and my mostly vegan with fish. I am a genius at multi-meal making, but I have to say I was happy when my daughter went off on her own and now I only have 2 meals to make!

@Loriab901 - so glad the day change helped inspire you to avoid the evil goodies of doom! Well done.

@Terytha - YES! Go tell that doc how great you are doing. Then keep at it! No celebrating by "treats" that just put you back where you do NOT want to go. o:)

@micki48 - you crack me up. Yes, you have mastered maintenance! BUT we're getting you back into Onederland in short order, and keeping you there for all of July. OK?

Enjoy the rest of Saturday, and get those last 5 weigh-ins IN before I have to get out the BORN TO NAG picture...
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 4
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (6/29/19)
    Previous Weight = 341.2
    Current Weight = 343.6

Sorry team! :(
  • jugar
    Options
    No worries, @evangsimmons170 - you had big losses the last 2 weeks, maybe went a bit too fast, and maybe you're having a reaction to that. Smaller steadier kinder, ok? Hugs to you <3
This discussion has been closed.