mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy July everyone!

PW: 183.8
    CW: 182.3

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new recruits! You are definitely on the right team!!!

Before I introduce myself, just want to catch up on a couple of bits...

Steps Wed 26 Jun: 12,966
    Thurs 27 Jun: 20,490
    Fri 28 Jun: 12,126
    Sat 29 Jun: 10,182
    Sun 30 Jun:13,380

Could I be on this month's step challenge? I'm just finishing the final days of the summer term at school, so 10,000 will be my challenge for now. But, once I break up I'll be trying to do more!

Could I also be on the green weigh in challenge - 4lb for this month will definitely keep me accountable!

Mon 01 Jul:8,668 - not a great day with Prom!

However, I'm on holiday to Malta for a few days next week so won't be able to give daily step updates (although I'll keep track of how many I've done!).

I'll be able to do a weigh in this week (Thursday week 1), but will miss Thursday week 2 and week 3 - so will the weigh in challenge still be do-able?
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new team members!

A little about me....
    I'm 47 years young, married to a lovely man - who is far too good at cooking for his own good! I don't have any children or pets (but can appreciate them from a far), as this would be too much like bringing my work home - as I am a secondary school teacher in the UK. :D

I keep active by going to body combat classes twice a week (love it!), going swimming once a week and trying to walk as much as I can - I try to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I'm not so good at drinking enough water, as I can't leave my classes to go for a toilet dash!

My targets for this month are to:
    * Get below 140lb - by tracking what I actually eat (rather than what I think I've eaten) - this is still a work in progress, and I am not as good as this as I should be
    * Get into the habit of drinking more water
    * Increase my sleep average - 7h 24min (although this is lower during the week)
    * Increase my activity levels - increasing my steps per day is a start towards this
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Happy July everyone!

PW: 183.8
    CW: 182.3

Happy July to you too!! Got you logged, and way to go on the loss!! Thanks for weighing in!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @NikMar I got all of your numbers caught up and added you to the step and green challenge.
    The missing weigh in's will be a problem for the green challenge, unless you think you can lose the 4 lbs within the 3 other weeks that you will be weighing in. I think you can do it, but you know you better than I do. I'll let you get back to us if you want to skip the challenge this month.
    The missing weigh in's will just be your previous weight from the week prior and since this is a planned miss you will be excused, so you will not be a NWI.
    Right now Greg, @Navydaddjtc, is having issues with his internet, but I am sure he would agree. If not, I'm sure he will let us know.... lol as soon as he can.
    Thanks so much for joining us for all the fun this month and all the past months that you have joined us!!
    tjv20dhzslyy.png
    GO TEAM!!!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Question for the team????

Has anyone ever made a goal board or motivation board, something like a visual board?
    If so, has it helped? Where did you put it?

I was looking online for motivational things to post when I came across it and it looked like it might be a good idea to do. I'm always looking for things that might help to motivate me.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the site I stumbled across.
    https://www.healthymummy.com/create-a-weight-loss-motivation-board/
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    My day so far has not been very productive, I have about 2,000 steps and it's 4:30 p.m. WE are about to take a ride out to the beach where I hope to get some more steps and maybe feel not so bloated and achy. Ugh!!
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My day so far has not been very productive, I have about 2,000 steps and it's 4:30 p.m. WE are about to take a ride out to the beach where I hope to get some more steps and maybe feel not so bloated and achy. Ugh!!

That was my day last Monday. Decided to work from my (tiny) home and literally had less than 1,000 steps by noon. Buckle down and get what you can! Beach walking is harder so give yourself some slack for that!

• Patti705
    Options
    Wrapping up my June steps because I did it :) 10,000 steps every day from June 2- July 1!

June 29 -10,223
    June 30 - 10,870
    July 1- 13,819

Unfortunately, my weight hasn't moved. I'll do great for xxx days and then I'll fall off the wagon. Hard. I'll drink too much, eat too much. I went to the gym 14 days last month so that was decent as I got in a good workout each time. But it's calories, I know.

This month will be tough. Out of town from July 17 to July 29....lots of eating and drinking I am sure.

But those are all excuses. I did realize that if I can walk 10,000 steps a day (even on some days that I squeezed it in at 11:50 pm) I know I really can make good food choices!

Hope everyone is having a good, laid back week.

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    @Patti705 GOT YOUR WEIGHT AND STEPS POSTED...SOUND LIKE A GOOD JUNE FOR YA... NOW LET'S KEEP IT GOIN WHAT YA SAY
  • Patti705
    Options
    Sorry! Here is my WI--just guessing as I was OOT Sunday (eating and drinking)....and walking!

Patti705
    July Week One
    WI Day: Sunday
    PW: 169
    CW: 170

• Patti705
    Options
    @Patti705 GOT YOUR WEIGHT AND STEPS POSTED...SOUND LIKE A GOOD JUNE FOR YA... NOW LET'S KEEP IT GOIN WHAT YA SAY

I say yes! I am at 7,553 as of 7:33 pm so going to walk up the street. And down the street. And maybe to the CVS since I can roam around in there for a few minutes before they start to suspect me :)
  • clark2rl
    clark2rl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    my current weight is 286, and I still would like to weigh in on Mondays.
    Last month was a bit rough and I'm hoping that this month will be better!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

I had a much calmer day today. I’ll report steps later on when I go to bed. I ate my way through the day. We went to a nearby town to see a play - neverending story. It was .... different. Lots of black light puppetry and a synth-heavy 80s inspired soundtrack. We went out to a sushi restaurant for lunch. After the play we got ice cream then for supper we picked up pizza since we left the guys at work all day.

Tomorrow I’m actually going to work to wrap up some things I didn’t get to before the end of the school year. It’s going to be hot and there’s no air conditioning at the school so hopefully it won’t be too unbearable. Back to good eating habits tomorrow!
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/1: 16,758
    Steps 7/2: 19,651
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Steps July 1: 12,514
    July 2: 10,506
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @Patti705 It's a new month and a new start to a healthier us!! Let's make it happen in July!!
    @runarml Great stepping!! Got you logged.
    @clark2rl Got you logged. Looks like you stayed the same from last month. Like I told Patti, this is a new month and a new start. Let's do this!!
    @megnolia82 sounds like you had a good time yesterday. My plan was to eat healthy yesterday but things didn't go quite as planned. We will make today our healthy eating day together!! Got your steps logged.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @megnolia82 I am missing your steps from Sunday June 30th. If you can get them to me I will have you all caught up on the spreadsheet.
This discussion has been closed.