WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    One more and then I'll get back outside!

Team Waistaways is responsible for next week's challenge to the full F2F tribe. We get to come up with an idea that everyone on all 6 teams can do - it can relate to diet, exercise, motivation, or whatever we want. This week's was the 5 minute exercise ideas. Those are really helpful. For next week - IDEAS? Even if it is a vague one, toss in into the chat and we'll work on details. I have to post in on Sunday, so ....

GO!
    is a decluttering challenge too outside the box?

I love the decluttering idea last month I cleaned out all my closets and dresser drawers and ended up with six large trash bags of clothes to be donated the funny thing is you still can't tell that I did it by the amount of clothes that I still have go figure but I still love the decluttering challenge but for me I would have to tie it to Fitness for example either how many minutes will I spend decluttering or how many steps can I get in while decluttering that's just my two cents sorry there's no punctuation here I'm using my voice text feature because I'm driving right now I just couldn't wait to get in on this conversation not to worry I'm actually parked in the parking lot of my grocery store so the car isn't moving at the moment lol
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Oh TALK THAT DE-CLUTTER TALK!!

.... The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson also. You young things in the group don't need to worry about this, but it is a gift to you from the older people in your life if they do this.

or .... you younger things .... start now and revisit every 5 years or so ... and it WILL be a gift FROM you to your children / grandchildren. My aunt didn't do this ........... despite changing countries to a smaller residence, and THEN just shifting everything to storage in her retirement residence. Her daughter's basement was FULL of boxes at first, after she died.

My mom's idea of "decluttering" when she moved first from a house to a 2-bedroom apartment - then later from the apartment to a studio unit in a independent living retirement residence - was to "gift it to the kids" wherever possible .... which explains large portions of the kitchen gadgets and some of the over-abundance of towels and facecloths ..... (she is still living independently, and will be indefinitely, but the only thing in HER retirement residence storage area are off-season clothes)

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kudos for my high step count this week. But its been a combination of things. I've been trying that NEAT stuff we talked about earlier. For example, I'm kinda outside of my nail salon right now, about to get my mani pedi on. But I'm parked at the farthest parking spot from the door. I guess I could have parked in front of one of the other stores further away and walked back. Maybe next time. Yesterday, it took extra time to get things done around the house because I was making multiple trips back and forth when I could have done it in 1 or 2. I had over 7,000 steps yesterday long before I ever officially exercised. I'm just determined to reach my 100,000 step goal by Saturday night for the first time in my life. Different results require different actions, right?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Different results require different actions, right?

Right! And the NEAT steps mount up surprisingly quickly and relatively easily, don't they?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    See as we are in a new month with new just-joined members - let me know if you want me to repost the NEAT info here .....

and @jugar . asking people about "current or will-be-trying sustainable NEATs in your life" (with the links for ideas) is another possibility for our From TWA Weekly Challenge
  • tigrib
    tigrib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I forgot one question. @tigrib - did you ever get my message (through MFP messaging) when you first signed up, but before you came into the chat page? I have sent messages to all the new members and they are not marked "read" in my sent mail box. I worry that they did not ever get to you. Could you let me know? Thanks!

No I didn't see it...sorry.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 1
    PW: 188
    CW: 187.4 B)

Wahoo! Great loss. Keeping it green🎉🎉
    leni1us wrote: »
    My weigh in day is typically Friday but we'll be heading out of town early Friday morning for the holiday weekend (like 5:00 am early). I'm afraid I'll wake up and forget to weigh and log on to the computer before we leave. So to be safe, I'll just weigh tomorrow (Thursday), if that's okay. Then it'll be back to Fridays.

Have a wonderful vacation!

@zlauerMom Holly your work is beautiful! I LOVE it. And you’re a cutie too. I really love the pebble platters. I have a thing about rocks. I collect them and love holding them. (The good ones, you know.) I took a throwing class once with my daughter when she was young. I made a couple leaf platters too.

5 things. Hmmmm...bet I could find 5 things to get rid of. But right now, sweet granddaughter is waking up from her nap. Got to go!!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE
    THIS MONTH THE MODERATORS ARE ASKING
    EACH AND EVERY CHALLENGER THAT WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART IN
    SHOW ME THE GREEN CHALLENGE

I headed back to the beginning of this month's thread to catch up on what I've missed....

Count me in on this.... my goal is to lose 4 pounds and be a more active teammate and better cheerleader this month B)
  • karenesg
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Finally got my head back in the zone, I hope! Did C25K week 5 run 1 today after a week's break. It was challenging but do-able and felt good.
    Welcome all newbies to this amazing team! Good luck!
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Finally got my head back in the zone, I hope! Did C25K week 5 run 1 today after a week's break. It was challenging but do-able and felt good.
    Welcome all newbies to this amazing team! Good luck!

@Perla4686 Do you stick to the 3x a week routine for C25K, or do you do something different? Just wondering.

Good job girls.

I’m currently headed out for week 3 day 3. For week 3 finished early third week as I have a little mini surgery tomorrow. Not sure when I. An start my jogging again after tomorrow. So far week 3 has been a piece of cake. I stick to the 3 day a week program but on other days I’ll add in a short jog here and there.

I was doing good till you mentioned cake :# lol!
    You're doing great. Best of luck with the surgery
  • karenesg
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 I've been thinking about you and your job search. I hope it is going well!

I never reported in after my interview on Friday.
    For the new members here. I'm a potter and my studio space shut down June 30th. It has been a big, big mental blow for me. A physical one, too, having to move all that damn clay and equipment!

About the interview, - It was less of an interview and more of a picking of my brain for my thoughts on running the new shared studio space they are designing. However, it did come around to them offering what I think is a very fair deal. Basically I would work for them 6 hours a week loading kilns, making glazes, etc. and they would give me a studio space - not one of the new, shared spaces they have under construction, but one of the bigger long term artist-in-residence spaces. I showed great restraint and did not bounce up and down in my seat with joy. And I did not launch myself across the table and hug him when he said I could use my own glazes and rent out the entire kiln for my own work once I've been trained on their kilns.

So life is very good. I'm fortunate to get the chance and I'm grateful for it.

The hiccup is it is linked in with the new shared studio space under construction and it all has to go through the university red tape. So it will not start right away. He is hoping for the fall.

In order to feed my creative spirit and to get some pieces in the pipeline, I signed up for a summer class which starts this morning. The funny is... the class I used to take (Independent Exploration in Clay) is full. The only one that fits my schedule is "Beginner Wheel".

So I'm off now to my beginner wheel class! It is a new to-me-instructor. There is always something new to learn.

What a great opportunity!! Good for you, in more ways than one.
  • karenesg
    Options
    tigrib wrote: »
    Hello all!
    I have had 2 good days eating and exercise days and I plan to repeat tomorrow.
    I enjoy reading all your posts.
    Have a good evening.

Way to go!!
  • karenesg
    Options
    Username: fourathomej
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148.5

Nice loss!!
  • karenesg
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weigh day: Wed
    PW: 174.4
    CW: 175.6

Hang in there! It'll happen! I'm cheering for you B)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

Well today is the day. Outpatient surgery scheduled in a few hours to repair the hematoma I’ve been struggling with for the past 10 weeks. I hope this is the end of struggling with this thing. Knowing my luck, other complications may arise lol. I will try to come in later today or tomorrow morning to let you all know how it went. Wish me luck team ❤️

Wishing you a safe surgery and speedy recovery!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    I forgot one question. @tigrib - did you ever get my message (through MFP messaging) when you first signed up, but before you came into the chat page? I have sent messages to all the new members and they are not marked "read" in my sent mail box. I worry that they did not ever get to you. Could you let me know? Thanks!

MFP has a bug where sometimes (often? always?!) messages don't go through to people who are not on your friends list. It looks as though it's gone, to the person who sent it, but the recipient never gets it.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    For those that asked, I'm sharing the link to my pottery site. I hesitate to share because it isn't up-to-date. None of my recent work is on it and probably everything pictured is long gone. I was going to wait to share until I got it updated but that isn't going to happen any time soon. My instagram has more of what I've been up to recently, but I stopped posting there when I was thrown into the no studio tailspin.
    In any case, this will give an idea of what I like to do.
    hmlceramics.com

I'm in love with the fairy doors! I've never seen/heard of anything like that. :)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Tomorrow is MY day for pacing the Day Surgery waiting room (re a relatively simple thing for my mom). Here's hoping there is "Guest Wi-Fi" in the hospital waiting room so that I can "do some cross-stitching" while I wait! (the most "zen" of my available options ....
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @zlauerMom i absolutely love your pottery! Especially the 'weaved' pieces. Stunning!
    I have no access to a kiln/pottery but have been to a clay cafe a couple of times and really enjoyed making stuff (usually to gift).
    I let my creative juices flow through amateur sewing & cake/biscuit decorating.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    One more and then I'll get back outside!

Team Waistaways is responsible for next week's challenge to the full F2F tribe. We get to come up with an idea that everyone on all 6 teams can do - it can relate to diet, exercise, motivation, or whatever we want. This week's was the 5 minute exercise ideas. Those are really helpful. For next week - IDEAS? Even if it is a vague one, toss in into the chat and we'll work on details. I have to post in on Sunday, so ....

GO!
    is a decluttering challenge too outside the box?
    NO! In fact, I think it's a great idea.

I'll put it in the hat with the summer goal setting or NEAT ideas from Barb - any more anyone?
This discussion has been closed.