MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Friday July 5 - Check-in
    ✔️ Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, calories under, kept to my fasting window
    ✔️ Water: on target
    ✔️ Exercise: 90 minutes walking, 10 minutes martial arts practice

Saturday July 6 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min) and/or gardening; martial arts practice
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 1
    Saturday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 243

Great work holding steady, despite the holiday!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by everyone’s focus and tenacity!! I thought of you all while I was navigating my first real holiday challenges these past few days, and you inspired me not to give in!
    What I learned:
    1. There is ALWAYS an alternative to “the old way of eating!”
    —- a hot dog 🌭 tastes just as good
    (and easily slides thru the bun so you
    just eat the meat) at the fireworks!
    — a low carb, ice cold ‘hard’ seltzer was
    a nice treat while friends enjoyed beer
    —on a trip with a group who decided it
    was time to go out for pizza (my former
    FAVORITE), an appetizer-sized dish of
    Sausage and peppers plus a side salad
    was a perfect lower carb alternative
    (although the pizzas on the table looked
    delicious!)

Bottom line is that we need to cherish and celebrate ourselves!!! Happy holidays, all!!
  • KMD1214
    Options
    PS: I have to work on not feeling apologetic and self-conscious when I’m out with others and making these food choices... anyone have any tips?
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    PS: I have to work on not feeling apologetic and self-conscious when I’m out with others and making these food choices... anyone have any tips?

It might just take time as you realize how much better you are feeling. You could also have pizza - a slice with a side salad.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories under
    Exercise- killed it yesterday!

I'm still not feeling good from the 4th, aside of having the flu i don't recall ever not having an appetite. Weird how eating differently can hit so hard. I'm planning on working out still but will see how I'm feeling. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

I think it takes time - you have to be comfortable with the choices and they're still new....it's almost that you are apologizing to you. I had a hard time with this when I first began because I *knew* how odd it was for me to do this food 180 flip-flop, how unnatural it would look to others and, frankly, I felt like a stranger and impostor in my own skin. Suddenly, I went from the one whipping up batches of yummyiness and planning elaborate feasts to the one who watched every bite, become somewhat obsessive, made low (name the cal, carb, sugar, whatever) so that it fit my plan. Over time I adapted and it wasn't so foreign - and people asked me for tips and hints as I peeled off the weight over several years. I eventually went to ballgames with fruit and yogurt so that I had snacks, too - and thought nothing of it. I stopped feeling apologetic and began to be comfortable with a new lifestyle - and indeed, a new life.

Your choices show you are on the right path. It's ok to not know what's around the next bend or to suddenly be in a storm because you'll come to understand your path in ways that will continue to excite and amaze you. => You'll be ok with occasional rainstorms and enjoy the sunshine of your choices and everyone around you will also adapt and they will become comfortable with the new you, with you. You are doing well and you are an inspiration to us, too. =>
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    July Week 1
    Sat
    PW 250
    CW 250
    Daily check in for fri July 5th
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes walking
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    current weight 218.2

Saturday Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: # 6 so far but I'm still working on it!
    Exercise: an hour long bike ride and a 40 minute paddle (kayaking)!

Next Day Goals
    Food: stay the course - I feel like I'm on a roll!
    Water: just keep doing it
    Exercise: a bike ride, kayaking and a leisurely walk on the beach
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Saturday July 6 - Check-in
    ✔️ Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, calories under, kept to my fasting window
    ✔️ Water: on target
    ✔️ Exercise: martial arts class 130 min

Sunday July 7 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min) and/or gardening; martial arts practice at home
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 1
    Saturday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 243

Great work holding steady, despite the holiday!

I had to work it so it was just a normal day/week for me. Thank you for the compliment.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 162.6
    CW 164.02

Been a really disappointing week. Ate extra calories everyday and didn't eat healthy. I didn't put on too much weight considering how badly I ate.

Goal for next week is to eat more mindfully and healthier with no snacking.
  • KMD1214
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - July 2019
    Sunday
    PW 162.6
    CW 164.02

Been a really disappointing week. Ate extra calories everyday and didn't eat healthy. I didn't put on too much weight considering how badly I ate.

Goal for next week is to eat more mindfully and healthier with no snacking.

It happens! Remind yourself that every day is a new day and an opportunity to make different choices. The fact that you're here, that you actually got on the scale (I might not have) and faced it head-on shows how strong you are! You can do it!
  • KMD1214
    Options

I think it takes time - you have to be comfortable with the choices and they're still new....it's almost that you are apologizing to you. I had a hard time with this when I first began because I *knew* how odd it was for me to do this food 180 flip-flop, how unnatural it would look to others and, frankly, I felt like a stranger and impostor in my own skin. Suddenly, I went from the one whipping up batches of yummyiness and planning elaborate feasts to the one who watched every bite, become somewhat obsessive, made low (name the cal, carb, sugar, whatever) so that it fit my plan. Over time I adapted and it wasn't so foreign - and people asked me for tips and hints as I peeled off the weight over several years. I eventually went to ballgames with fruit and yogurt so that I had snacks, too - and thought nothing of it. I stopped feeling apologetic and began to be comfortable with a new lifestyle - and indeed, a new life.

Your choices show you are on the right path. It's ok to not know what's around the next bend or to suddenly be in a storm because you'll come to understand your path in ways that will continue to excite and amaze you. => You'll be ok with occasional rainstorms and enjoy the sunshine of your choices and everyone around you will also adapt and they will become comfortable with the new you, with you. You are doing well and you are an inspiration to us, too. =>

Thanks for the kind words and great advice! I continue to be amazed at how much we all share when tackling these life changes. Onward!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 OF THE JULY CHALLENGE IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE ARE THE RESULTS
    GREAT STUFF HERE BY ALL OF THE TEAMS
    KEEP IT UP

9zx5klhlg82a.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOSS 8.1 PDS OR 0.03%

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.24%
    INDIVIDUAL % caydensmommy 3.36%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 12.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS caydensmommy 10.3

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Shrinking Assets 0.24%
    2nd WaistAways 0.23%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.07%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 12.6
    2nd WaistAways 12.5
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 3.2

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st caydensmommy 3.36%
    2nd kmfeig87 2.56%
    3rd Leni1us 2.17%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st caydensmommy 10.3
    2nd McKay85 4.6
    3rd. ConfidentRaven 4.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    kilobykilo southpalms
    MrsBell8well
    McKay85
    nikmar
    melissafeagins
    Loriab901
    KMD1214
    kbrad2325
  • KMD1214
    Options
    Thought for the day: ( Mika Brzezinski, on taking control of her attachment to sugary foods)
    “It’s been hard, but it feels so good. I don’t feel alone, and I don’t feel like I am denying myself. I feel like I’m giving myself something, which completely changes my relationship with the problem!”
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    ATTN HOME SCHOOL AND CLASSROOM TEACHERS
    I HAVE A MATCHING SET OF A TEACHER PLAN BOOK AND RECORD/GRADE BOOK
    THEY ARE BRAND SPANKING NEW AND WERE CREATED BY TEACHERS CREATED RESOURCE
    PLAN BOOK...TCR 2093
    RECORD/GRADE BOOK..... TCR 2119

I AM SELLING THEM FOR $15 FOR THE PAIR... I HAVE 2 OF EACH
    FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.. LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THEM
    HOME SCHOOL TEACHERS THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU ALSO
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

Today keep calories under and work out on bike.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by everyone’s focus and tenacity!! I thought of you all while I was navigating my first real holiday challenges these past few days, and you inspired me not to give in!
    What I learned:
    1. There is ALWAYS an alternative to “the old way of eating!”
    —- a hot dog 🌭 tastes just as good
    (and easily slides thru the bun so you
    just eat the meat) at the fireworks!
    — a low carb, ice cold ‘hard’ seltzer was
    a nice treat while friends enjoyed beer
    —on a trip with a group who decided it
    was time to go out for pizza (my former
    FAVORITE), an appetizer-sized dish of
    Sausage and peppers plus a side salad
    was a perfect lower carb alternative
    (although the pizzas on the table looked
    delicious!)

Bottom line is that we need to cherish and celebrate ourselves!!! Happy holidays, all!!

Great job finding healthier options. That’s really what this is all about. Lifestyle changes each and every day. You did great!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

Why should you apologize for making the choices that are best for you and your body? You are setting a good example of healthy living. Don’t be self-conscious about that. Don’t be judgmental of others either, which I’m sure you aren’t! But definitely don’t feel like you’re doing something wrong. The longer you do this, the more your body will thank you. Just wait until you realize that ice cold, crispy lettuce and veggies is calling your name more than the pizza. That day WILL come!
This discussion has been closed.