WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Up early this morning for my run (C25K week 4 day 1), now having breakfast and going to do 30 minutes on the stepper in a few then I hit the shower.

What an amazing weekend! My hubby is now officially on his 2 week vacation and i plan on making the MOST of it. Hoping for a trip to the zoo with our boys today which should help me get some major stepping for today.

I’m feeling amazing this morning and the number on the scale this morning may have something to do with it. I kept very active all weekend but also over indulged quite a bit yesterday so I was not expecting to see a loss at all this morning. I don’t want to get too excited cause it can always be a fluke. I did hop on like 6 times to see if it would say anything different but it stuck to that number. Fingers crossed I can maintain the rest of the week.
    Amazing! Glad to hear you're pushing on with C25K! I just managed W5R3 last night which was a real killer (20 mins run). Makes you feel so good and strong though! Keep it up!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone. Up early this morning for my run (C25K week 4 day 1), now having breakfast and going to do 30 minutes on the stepper in a few then I hit the shower.

What an amazing weekend! My hubby is now officially on his 2 week vacation and i plan on making the MOST of it. Hoping for a trip to the zoo with our boys today which should help me get some major stepping for today.

I’m feeling amazing this morning and the number on the scale this morning may have something to do with it. I kept very active all weekend but also over indulged quite a bit yesterday so I was not expecting to see a loss at all this morning. I don’t want to get too excited cause it can always be a fluke. I did hop on like 6 times to see if it would say anything different but it stuck to that number. Fingers crossed I can maintain the rest of the week.
    Amazing! Glad to hear you're pushing on with C25K! I just managed W5R3 last night which was a real killer (20 mins run). Makes you feel so good and strong though! Keep it up!

Oh man best feeling ever. I love the feeling I get after my run. I feel invincible even after I just felt like I was dying 😂🤣 great job with w5d3! Ugh that means I’ve got a full 20 minutes to run next week!! Omg! I’m surely gonna die then. 😳
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Oh man best feeling ever. I love the feeling I get after my run. I feel invincible even after I just felt like I was dying 😂🤣 great job with w5d3! Ugh that means I’ve got a full 20 minutes to run next week!! Omg! I’m surely gonna die then. 😳

That's exactly what I thought! But once you get there, hopefully you'll be pumped enough to give it a go. Got to be honest, the last 4 minutes were a real struggle! Let us know how it goes!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Username @evangsimmons170
    7/7/19
    Exercise minutes = 53
    Steps = 12,760
    Water (in oz) = 54

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought! But once you get there, hopefully you'll be pumped enough to give it a go. Got to be honest, the last 4 minutes were a real struggle! Let us know how it goes!

Will do. In the meantime I gotta survive week 4 lol.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Gotta be very careful of my time today through Wednesday (bussing to a off-site course that is located in the building where I USED to work for over a decade!)

Building on the above exchange on feeling pumped when you get through something (in this case a run) despite feeling like you were about to DIE just before you crossed the metaphorical finish line for the day's session ....

What has given YOU that kind of rush and top-of-the-world feeling? It can be exercise related, or finally holding that diploma in your hand, or all that job searching effort culminating in signing a Letter of Offer .... think wide and let us applaud you!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Gotta be very careful of my time today through Wednesday (bussing to a off-site course that is located in the building where I USED to work for over a decade!)

Building on the above exchange on feeling pumped when you get through something (in this case a run) despite feeling like you were about to DIE just before you crossed the metaphorical finish line for the day's session ....

What has given YOU that kind of rush and top-of-the-world feeling? It can be exercise related, or finally holding that diploma in your hand, or all that job searching effort culminating in signing a Letter of Offer .... think wide and let us applaud you!

Great topic! Can or wait to read what gives people that feeling! 💪🏻
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    PW: 189.7
    CW: 187.9

Steps
    July 1 - 15,880
    July 2 - 9,058
    July 3 - 17,553
    July 4 - 13,185
    July 5 - 9,992
    July 6 - 9,623
    July 7 - 15,412

Still super happy with these numbers. I've been at the beach the past week and not wearing my fitbit all the time. I can't believe I was successful with my weigh-in as I was, with all the family events and 4th of July. Whew! I'm hosting relatives a bit longer and then I can get home and spend some time reading here.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Just finished 15 minutes on my Gazelle. I will eventually increase the time! Today I need to finish painting my daughters room after church so that will be some exercise too! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Way to go!!! Tomorrow 16 minutes. I would help you paint if I was there. 😊🖌

Thanks my favorite Aunt! The girls switched rooms and Marie’s now room really needed to be painted and it’s huge! I got half of it done and now the other half which didn’t happen today. Took a Sunday afternoon nap! But I have all week!

Please please please - come to my house and paint. There are rooms that have been waiting for me to paint them for over 20 years. It just isn't my thing - I need you!!!

I don’t mind painting a bit! It’s just getting started. 😜 The end result always makes me feel good!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I'm behind on my nagging, so I'll start with that :wink:
    Great start to the Monday weigh-ins from @zlauerMom - well done!
    Remaining Monday Mavens:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Now. No more nagging for the moment.

Progress on the GREEN JULY challenge:
    All the participants pledged 92.5 pounds to lose this month. There are 80.8 remaining to lose, which means we took off 11.7 pounds in the first week. YES! But we have four weeks to go (counting this one) so that means we have to pick up the pace a bit! Or revise some of those pledges. We need to lose just over 20 pounds a week until the end of July, and we are 21 people who have pledged. That's only one pound per week each if we average it out - so let's go! We can do this. I have a good feeling about it.

As to things that give the SUPER WOW I DID THIS even though I almost didn't make it. Lots of my concert performances have been like that, but by concert time, it is not usually with the feeling I'm not going to make it even when it is really hard. The practice sessions beforehand, mind you - that is where all the hard slogging comes in. Some rehearsals I come out of there soaking wet, shaking my head, wondering if we'll ever master it. But we usually do! Probably the most exhilarating exercise moments have been hiking and reaching the peak (AT LAST) and having spectacular views, or making it at the end of a long day to somewhere I can just dump everything on the ground and jump into some cold water. Back in the day when I was braver and crazier, I had a horse who took me everywhere we wanted to go. We did some cross country jumping courses, and he could gallop and jump like a fool. We had some great moments, but it was a lot of work to get him to that point and to get myself strong and supple enough to do it together. Now I ride a stallion (the world's politest, but still Mr. On. Guard. ) and we have some pretty great moments, but both of us are more into quieter rides than I used to do, so it isn't as big an effort any more.

All this to say, I need more of that flat out effort these days. I do hard workouts that get me going and give that feeling of YAY at the end, but it is time for some more exciting or interesting things. Going kayaking tomorrow (hopefully) - 10 km on a gorgeous river. That might do it! Shoulders, are you ready??
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Sorry...am just not doing good keeping up with anything at the moment :(

STEPS:
    July 4 - 15620
    July 5 - 14791
    July 6 - 12388
    July 7 - 16712
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Just finished 15 minutes on my Gazelle. I will eventually increase the time! Today I need to finish painting my daughters room after church so that will be some exercise too! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Way to go!!! Tomorrow 16 minutes. I would help you paint if I was there. 😊🖌

Thanks my favorite Aunt! The girls switched rooms and Marie’s now room really needed to be painted and it’s huge! I got half of it done and now the other half which didn’t happen today. Took a Sunday afternoon nap! But I have all week!

Please please please - come to my house and paint. There are rooms that have been waiting for me to paint them for over 20 years. It just isn't my thing - I need you!!!

I don’t mind painting a bit! It’s just getting started. 😜 The end result always makes me feel good!

Getting started is where I am completely stuck at all times. I freak out over picking the colours. I get little samples, put on a tiny splotch and decide it's horrible. I never go back. Or I never even get to that stage. I think I need to hire someone to do this for me!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Sorry...am just not doing good keeping up with anything at the moment :(

STEPS:
    July 4 - 15620
    July 5 - 14791
    July 6 - 12388
    July 7 - 16712

Those are GREAT numbers!! Don’t be sorry.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/7 9,073
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day:
    SW 131.9
    PW 134.4 (Sorry!! What happened?)
    CW 131.5 Yay! It has been a week of power yoga, biking, and conscious eating. And a few parties... the green challenge has kept me focused and accountable. The decluttering is a plus! Love this group!!!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/6~6,500
    7/7~5,770
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wow! That'll teach me to oversleep til nearly 11 am! Y'all have been busy posting stuff! I've enjoyed reading them. I have 9 days (or less) until I'm back to work, so I really better be practicing getting back into my normal sleeping routine. As much as I love being off from work for summer breaks, the unstructured time can really throw me off (or I allow it to).

Anyway, I'll post later about what I feel "pumped" about once I've accomplished it. I've got lots on my to-do list today that I want to get through. Plus I'm still waiting to hear about any one of the 3 jobs I applied for me. Now that 4th of July weekend is over, hopefully, today is the day. We'll see.
  • jugar
    Options
    @fourathomej - you are doing just fine. Even if your posting is minimal for chit chat, you are doing brilliantly with steps and weigh-ins! Do not worry. We just want to hear about everything after things calm down :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.