MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Today, I celebrated this morning’s weight, marking exactly 25 pounds lost. I gathered all ( and I mean ALL) of the clothing and jackets that are now swimmingly loose and delivered them to our local thrift shop. No more “just in case” clothes for this girl! (Lady.) (Okay, old lady.)

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!

Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday check-in
    Weight 137.8
    Think I was 137 last Monday
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

Scale is up, I'm trying not to care but of course I do. I'm having a health problem I've been trying to ignore and finally made an appointment to get things checked out. I have to see a male doctor, hate that for women health problems! They rushed to get me in so now I'm nervous, though there's nothing I can do about it that I'm not already doing. Planning on killin it in the gym today! Have a great day everyone!

Hope everything is ok!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Daily check in

Sunday
    Calories under
    Water not so great
    Morning spin class

Monday
    Calories under with well more than I need left for dinner and a snack
    Water - not much
    Exercise - none 🙁. Couldn’t get myself up early enough for a run before work. Then so exhausted after the first day of summer school that I skipped the gym. Looks like this will be my day off for the week.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Your body ( and mind) will LOVE that choice, Teresa!!! Do not give your personal power away to ‘situations’ (dinner parties and suppers). Give something to yourself: the knowledge that you matter more!!!!!!!!

Thank you!! :) And yes you are right that it's about my personal power and not about the power that food wants to have over me. I really loved that Mika Brzezinski quote you posted as well about giving up her attachment to sugar. That has been a real struggle for me as well and I like thinking about how when I give in to sugar then I'm denying myself the chance to be healthy and in control of my choices. That is cool! B)

Monday Check in:
    Calories: under and right at 20 net carbs
    Water: over
    Exerice: 45 minute cardio program on my treadmill and I obeyed my Fitbit and got up every hour and did my 250 steps. :D

Last night I made my first Fathead pizza and it was soooooo good!! Hubby loved it too and neither of us could eat all three pieces on our plate so I had the leftovers today when I opened my window after fasting for almost 20 hours. :) If you don't know Fathead crust you can Google or look on Pinterest. It's VERY popular in the Keto world and my new favorite thing!! <3

jyuwofm5w890.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you for your support!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That pizza looks absolutely delicious, Teresa! If you’re interested in learning more about Mika and her sugar challenge, you might enjoy her book “Obsessed: America’s Food Addiction—And My Own”.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 204
    Today's Weight: 206
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Hiking 30 minutes
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 OF THE JULY CHALLENGE IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE ARE THE RESULTS
    GREAT STUFF HERE BY ALL OF THE TEAMS
    KEEP IT UP

9zx5klhlg82a.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOSS 8.1 PDS OR 0.03%

THE WINNERS ARE...

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE[/b]
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.24%
    2nd WaistAways 0.23%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.07%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 12.6
    2nd WaistAways 12.5
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 3.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    kilobykilo southpalms
    MrsBell8well
    McKay85
    nikmar
    melissafeagins
    Loriab901
    KMD1214
    kbrad2325

Hurray for Team Slimpossibles! 3rd place!

@KMD1214 , congratulations on being on the leaderboard!

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Monday July 7 - Check-in
    ✔️ Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, calories on target, kept to my fasting window
    ✔️ Water: on target
    ✔️ Exercise: martial arts class; martial arts practice at home

Tuesday July 8 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min) and/or gardening; martial arts practice at home; find ways to keep moving during my day!
    Week 2 Declutter Challenge: At least 15 minutes work on my home office
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Today, I celebrated this morning’s weight, marking exactly 25 pounds lost. I gathered all ( and I mean ALL) of the clothing and jackets that are now swimmingly loose and delivered them to our local thrift shop. No more “just in case” clothes for this girl! (Lady.) (Okay, old lady.)

Congratulations on your fat loss milestone!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday check-in
    Weight 137.8
    Think I was 137 last Monday
    Calories under
    Exercise recumbent bike

Scale is up, I'm trying not to care but of course I do. I'm having a health problem I've been trying to ignore and finally made an appointment to get things checked out. I have to see a male doctor, hate that for women health problems! They rushed to get me in so now I'm nervous, though there's nothing I can do about it that I'm not already doing. Planning on killin it in the gym today! Have a great day everyone!

Take care and don’t worry about the scale at the moment. It will work itself out once you get this health problem in order.
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Hiking 30 minutes

Great day! I admire hikers!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Having one of those can’t-get-out-of-my-own-way, wound up, munchy, food-focused days🙄. Haven’t gone over but coming close. Must be the weather☔️... and cancellations of tennis x 2 days. Yuk.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check in
    Calories: under and only 11 net carbs for the day
    Exercise: 45 minute walk on the treadmill

I went to Aldis today. I haven't been there in ages because it was a yucky store but I read that it had been completed renovated so I went to check it out and I was very pleased!! They had grass-fed beef, chicken, and butter! The produce looked amazing and I got a dozen eggs for 77 cents! :o I also picked up several varieties of cheeses and some coffee. Their K-cups were so cheap that we were leary but after having a cup this afternoon we were very pleased! :) I have to find ways to save money because with all my weight loss that is about to happen I need all the money I can get for new clothes!! :pB)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday Check in
    Calories: under and only 11 net carbs for the day
    Exercise: 45 minute walk on the treadmill

I went to Aldis today. I haven't been there in ages because it was a yucky store but I read that it had been completed renovated so I went to check it out and I was very pleased!! They had grass-fed beef, chicken, and butter! The produce looked amazing and I got a dozen eggs for 77 cents! :o I also picked up several varieties of cheeses and some coffee. Their K-cups were so cheap that we were leary but after having a cup this afternoon we were very pleased! :) I have to find ways to save money because with all my weight loss that is about to happen I need all the money I can get for new clothes!! :pB)

I love your attitude about saving money for new clothes! Sounds like a great haul at Aldi's, I wish I had one! There's something awesome about getting a bunch of good food for a great price that really feels wonderful!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise yesterday bike, elliptical, weight lifting
    Exercise today bike, elliptical, core

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Weigh Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 233
    Current - 234.6

Too many snacks and carbs. I keep reminding myself that this is a journey
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Weigh Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 233
    Current - 234.6

Too many snacks and carbs. I keep reminding myself that this is a journey

You are so right! Weight loss is a long game.

Is there any one thing you can do in advance this week, to make snack/carb decisions easier for your future self?
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Tuesday July 9 - Check-in
    ✔️ Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    ✔️ Water: on target (though I had to play catch up late in the day)
    ✔️ Exercise: platform stepping plus some bonus movement (walking circles in the kitchen while waiting for things o warm, etc.)
    ❌martial arts practice at home
    ✔️ Week 2 Declutter Challenge: At least 15 minutes work on my home office

Wednesday July 10 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min) and/or gardening; martial arts practice at home
    Week 2 Declutter Challenge: At least 15 minutes work on my home office
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 2 of July
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 258
    Today's Weight: 257.4

While just a very small loss, I was happy when I stepped on the scale this morning that I did not gain weight from all the eating and drinking around the July 4th holiday.
This discussion has been closed.