Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• Susabella627
    Susabella627 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @liketoyak, not sure how long you've been eating Keto, but once your body is fat adapted, you will most likely not excrete Ketones in your urine and therefore the Urine test strips really don't tell you anything. This can happen after only 2 weeks or longer for some people. :)
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @liketoyak, not sure how long you've been eating Keto, but once your body is fat adapted, you will most likely not excrete Ketones in your urine and therefore the Urine test strips really don't tell you anything. This can happen after only 2 weeks or longer for some people. :)

Thanks! I thought that may be the case but i wasn't losing in June and wondered where I was going wrong. I did get a positive result this morning so maybe I wasnt' in ketosis? I have been eating keto for 7 weeks or so.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    There was an authoritative poster that was really knowledgeable and she said it takes at least 10 weeks to become fat adapted. Some information from other posters might not be reliable.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was down more than a pound (after 10 days back on keto), and the scale didn’t pop back up this morning! I’m so excited!!
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hey all, i'm new to the group and wasn't sure where exactly to post for friend adds, i've been eating paleo/keto for a few weeks now and want tolean more into full keto, feel free to add me for support :)
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Sakura_Tree, welcome to the group. I'm fairly new to keto (starting my 5th week). I really like it, it's a lot easier to stick with than any of the diets I've been on in the past 😊.
  • prowell57
    Options
    Today is weigh-in day...I'm up 0.8 this week. I know what happened...I'm not too bummed about it, just looking forward to starting a new week!!
  • prowell57
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of keto recipes call for pink salt. What's the difference between regular table salt and pink salt?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    The amount of sodium.
  • prowell57
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    The amount of sodium.

Thank you.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I got good results for my check ups from the doctor today.I have a clean bill of health. I get enough vitamins and minerals from keto foods except Vit D and Zinc.I'm a bit low in these two.The doctor said take supplements for them for 3 months and eat vegetables, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.She's no longer object for me to keep losing weight until I get to normal BMI of 20.I'm happy indeed.x 🤗💓
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of keto recipes call for pink salt. What's the difference between regular table salt and pink salt?

I have pink Himalayan salt, but I use my regular sea salt more with a sprinkle of potassium No-salt/salt substitute.

The pink salt is so strong, it makes my food almost inedible.
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi quick question: is carbquick allowed on keto?

I cannot bake from scratch to save my life but previously when i used carbquick it was fairly decent.

Also how do you turn off your brain from obsessing over the carb count in general. I try to stay under 30 with net within 15 most days...but like even seeing 30 i start panicking.

All responses welcome.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @shallid1 for using carbquick? probably fine; but i can't speak from experience. i have not used it
    for obsessing over carb count? i'll post if i have an idea. i'm a year in and still worry about it all the time
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying.

I made the cheese biscuits and think i will have to work them in so that i wont miss real bread so much.

I really miss eating without the stress of scanning and planning.... but look where that got me... so .....

Have a good night.
  • fiteyacom
    fiteyacom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm doing IF 16/8 (11am/7pm) and now want to involve myself into keto as well.
    Here is my yesterday's check-in:

DAY 29
    now: 111.1 kg / 244.9 lb / 35.5 bmi
    start: 121,2 kg / 267.2 lb / 38.7 bmi

VLOG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLpgpw5scJk
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    shallid1 wrote: »
    Hi quick question: is carbquick allowed on keto?

I cannot bake from scratch to save my life but previously when i used carbquick it was fairly decent.

Also how do you turn off your brain from obsessing over the carb count in general. I try to stay under 30 with net within 15 most days...but like even seeing 30 i start panicking.

All responses welcome.
    @shallid1
    When I first started, I made a list of ‘yes’ foods - foods that I liked that were super low carb that I could eat without really thinking about it. I had stuff like cheese sticks, steak strips, avocado, chicharonnes, taco meant, etc. When I got stressed about eating or planning, I could just grab something from my list without totally sabotaging all my efforts.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.