Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself early yesterday, just out of curiosity and the scale gave me some excellent news! I am down 40 lbs! I can't believe that I've finally seen 40 lbs weight loss! I'm not even going to record it yet, because I know how much my body weight fluctuates, so I'll take the official number down on Sunday, but yay!!!!

Congratulations on the 40 pound milestone!

Your idea of not recording "just yet" was always my mode. I always entered scale losses on MFP only on Sunday-my beginning of a week- and only if I had seen that same number (or less) on the scale at least once before in the preceding days.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    do you guys love Butter Bob? He is so no nonsense. I am down 9 lbs!!! 20 to go
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I weighed myself early yesterday, just out of curiosity and the scale gave me some excellent news! I am down 40 lbs! I can't believe that I've finally seen 40 lbs weight loss! I'm not even going to record it yet, because I know how much my body weight fluctuates, so I'll take the official number down on Sunday, but yay!!!!

Congratulations on the 40 pound milestone!

Your idea of not recording "just yet" was always my mode. I always entered scale losses on MFP only on Sunday-my beginning of a week- and only if I had seen that same number (or less) on the scale at least once before in the preceding days.

That's interesting. My weigh-in day has always been Fridays, so I only record my weight Fridays (even if it's up) but then I log my Sunday weight here (not on MFP or my FitBit though). It's always interesting to see what others do.

Congratulations on losing 40 pounds, @xDaniDragonflyx! That's amazing!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    do you guys love Butter Bob? He is so no nonsense. I am down 9 lbs!!! 20 to go

What/who is butter bob?
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Posted on my home page this morning:
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    I lost 175# with bariatric surgery in 2013-14, then gained back 10#/year despite fighting constantly. Four years later, I'm up 40# and seeing my old lifestyle in the future, a scary thought. Three months ago I discovered lo-carb and have been burning fat since then - without cravings - it is EASY. I've lost 25# and am healthy again. I know how to gain or lose but maintenance is new trick. So I've decided to practice now while there's still room to gain or lose a little. When this becomes comfortable, I might drop 10-15# more.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Great work!!! Bravo girl👏👏👏👏
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Good job on all the progress. About 70days keto and about 13 pounds lost. I am loosing everyday again. I think my stall last month was due to dairy. So im stirring away from all dairy. I might have issues with nuts as well so I will have to find ways to check those out.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    Had an issue at work and ended up on the phone with my union rep during my lunch break. Couldn't take the call in the office (or outside the office; open windows = same as no walls) so I walked and walked and walked, 45 minutes doing laps around town. :laugh:
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Re_Banana wrote: »
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    Good morning,

I am really tired this morning. My baby is nursing a lot during the night. I am hoping that finally moving him from a small crib to a bed crib will help to sleep longer and the process of night weaning as well. My husband is off work this week. We will not be traveling but we will try to sleep more and visit some places in town. Also there is a fake lake about an hour from us that we might go visit on the 5th or 6th. But I am feeling determined because I have lost 1 pant size even though my scale is not really showing it. Let's stay strong.

It sounds like it will be a fun week, lots to look forward too! Keep up that determination, we are all here for you!

Thank you. We never did any of those things. Both husband and baby caught a cold. They are now feeling better 😊. And my levels of energies are starting to come back up as I am done with Summer classes, I am actually sleeping more.
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Today is my 3 month Keto-versary! I’m down 24lbs and about 22 inches and feeling amazing! I love the keto way of life. I’m the past two weeks I’ve gotten huge bursts of bergers and I’ve started cooking and inventing keto recopies for myself and my husband. TOM is on the way though so I’m gonna wait a few days to do my monthly measurements. Have a great day everyone!

Congrats !!!!!!
  • jrmie333
    Options
    30 lbs down since January. I've been a yo yo all summer but this WOE is much better for me. I rarely feel hungry. Back to it and the gym!

Yes!!!#
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I haven't done anything to really test this theory, but the less carbs I eat, the more weight I lose. Doesn't seem to matter how many calories I've eaten, if I go over my protein or fat macros. Anyone else know if this is a valid theory? ^_^
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx
    Curious. What's your regular net carb intake for you vs. Your low carb intake?
  • jrmie333
    Options
    I haven't done anything to really test this theory, but the less carbs I eat, the more weight I lose. Doesn't seem to matter how many calories I've eaten, if I go over my protein or fat macros. Anyone else know if this is a valid theory? ^_^

Yes absolutely. For me it s true as well. Which is why i am loosing so slowly bc i am keeping my carbs intake up for milk supply but I know that my supply decrease when i ve eaten less carbs and consequently i also loose faster and more. So keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.