fourathomej Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wed
    PW 148.5
    CW 148.5
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Spent the day in Jasper yesterday. Had a bear come right up to the truck...so amazing.
    A bit of a funny...
    We were walking the Maligne canyon trail...well we just kept walking because the map looks like a loop...you hit the bottom and there's a Y in the path...we checked the map and it said the left one went to some washrooms and the right to the parking lot...so went right. 30 min later - Not our parking lot...we were done...had walked almost 3 hrs...anyone Chris went to the only vehicle in the lot - a tour bus and asked how to get back to the main lot...the driver just said oh oh. You are at the bottom...it's a few hours up...lol. Anyway he asked the tour if we could hitch a ride up the mountain...it was AWESOME. A story to tell...we also got to catch a bunch of wildlife since it was a wildlife tour!!!

Oh...to top it off. If we would have went left at the Y to the washrooms we would have been at the parking lot!! :'(

Sounds like you had a really fun day! :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. My stomach hates me. I actually dropped 5 pounds overnight, but not in the good way. -_-

Hopefully this passes soon.

My band shirts were delivered finally and I love them, so at least there's that.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Oh boy. My stomach hates me. I actually dropped 5 pounds overnight, but not in the good way. -_-

My band shirts were delivered finally and I love them, so at least there's that.

Hope you're feeling better soon, @Terytha. Congrats on the band shirts. What instrument do you play or do you sing?
  • Terytha
    Options

Hope you're feeling better soon, @Terytha. Congrats on the band shirts. What instrument do you play or do you sing?

Whoops, didn't mean to be misleading. I'm not musical at all, I just bought a bunch of shirts from one of my favorite bands. Lol.

I'm hoping to get one of the tacky ones when I see Weird Al next month. All my shirts are black, I need more bright colors.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Whoops, didn't mean to be misleading. I'm not musical at all, I just bought a bunch of shirts from one of my favorite bands. Lol.

I'm hoping to get one of the tacky ones when I see Weird Al next month. All my shirts are black, I need more bright colors.

LOL...well have fun! Are you back from your festival with all the wonderful food like the fried Oreos?
  • Terytha
    Options

LOL...well have fun! Are you back from your festival with all the wonderful food like the fried Oreos?

Yep, it's over for another year. I went twice, though I only had the oreos once. The second time 5 of us shared a bloomin' onion. If you've never seen it, they cut into a huge onion, batter it and deep fry it, and it comes out looking like a blossoming flower. They put ranch dip in the middle.

Fair food is hilarious.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Yo Ho Team!
    Here we are a good ways through Wednesday. First - weigh-in reminders!
    Late:
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3
    Due Today:
    @karenesg
    Heads up for tomorrow!
    @Cory 17
    @Blackbeautysue

Thanks for the updates already received. And the stories! @fourathomej - my daughter was just in Jasper a couple of weeks ago, but your story is more entertaining than hers :smiley: Sounds like you got just the right ride at the right moment. Well done! Sometimes taking a wrong turn is awesome.

Back to the subject of getting stuck. If you think that is where you are, and your weight has just hovered around the same place for quite a while, it is time to do something different. Just coming in and submitting a weight every week is good, but if it doesn't change much, more is needed! What would help? I know we have all been stuck, and I am 100% certain that we have been stuck many times. What gets you unstuck? What do you need to change to make it happen? What decisions are you making that are keeping you there? What decisions, even little ones, can you commit to that you KNOW will make it better?

We're seeing people getting unstuck too - and it is fantastic. Share what got you taking the first steps. What decisions are you sticking to that make the difference?

I'm bringing this up now because we're in the middle of the week of the middle of the month. It is often a low point. Have a clear look at the green challenge pledges or any other goals you want to reach. What decisions are going to help you get there! I'm certainly taking stock at this moment after a some lethargic, lazy days.

Let's UNSLUMP if we need to, and KEEP UNSLUMPING if you have already gotten there!
    pzjtayovohhd.png
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 130.7
    CW: 130.5

I posted it on Monday, not sure where I posted it now....

Also I'm opting out of the steps challenge for now :(
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Decisions/actions lately that are changes:
    With the heat, I stop eating earlier and drinking water rest of day.
    This week, trying to be mindful of what/quantity that I'm eating, so better dinners.
    Like to look at the success stories and see how much they've changed during the past time that I haven't budged. get inspired by those photos
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    7/16 - 22313
    7/17 - 19788
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/17~10,500
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

@reflectionofme - thanks for re-posting. I might have missed it back there in a mad flurry. And we'll miss your amazing step counts - although someone else will get to wear the step crown for a while. You were always #1 <3

@cory17 - great decisions. Water is always a good one, and early dinner has become a surprising positive for me. I always liked to eat later, but my son works a crazy tough physical job and comes home starving at 5. We have been eating early with him for the past year and now that I'm used to it, I really prefer it. I love waking up really hungry for breakfast (the meal easiest to be "good" every single day), and it seems easier to control the portions that way. Portion control is the biggest single thing that makes a difference in our eating, I think. If you want big portions, make sure they are very high in fibre and mostly plants. Then you can enjoy munching away without doing damage. Keep it up and soon you'll be logging steady losses!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    So here is what my week looked like..

This is the average number of servings per day that I will be showing the nutritionist tomorrow.
    • 1.2 grains per day (0.2 over), 1 serving is about 2 slices of whole wheat bread
    • 5.8 veggies (1.2 under), 1 serving is 1 cup of greens or 1/2 cup of chopped veggies
    • 1.9 fruits (0.1 under), 1 small fruit or 1/2 cup berries
    • 3.4 proteins - I can have 3-4,, a serving is 3 oz animal protein or a cup of skim milk or 1/2 cup legumes
    • 3.5 fats - I can have 3-4, a serving is 1 tbsp olive oil or 1 tsp margarine
    • 1.4 low-fat cheese (0.4 over). 1 serving is about 50 cals only! This is probably the hardest part..
    • 3 treats instead of 2.. (3 small glasses of wine)

A little off-kilter but not bad, considering we had people over for dinner last night.
    I made cod cioppino from the DASH Diet cookbook I have for my husband. Quite delicious.

Think I should have a small loss this weekend to report. Not enough exercise yet, but we are getting there.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP and REMINDERS! Thursday and Friday weigh-ins -
    NO STOPPING AT THE REST AREA UNTIL YOU HAVE HIT THE WEIGH STATION!
    npahyinzp9jl.png
    @Cory 17
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @Jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @kx7003
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Perla4686
    @tigrib
    @visiri
    @BMcC9
    @wlcmac81
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha - I hope you feel better soon!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Username: Perla4686
    Friday weigh-in July week 3
    PW:176.4
    CW: 174.4
    A major milestone for me. I weigh in kg and I'm finally out of the 80's!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    CW 128
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 194.6
    Todays Weight: 196.0