TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Well, apparently either the traveling got to me or the scale at the gym in FL was way different than home, but I'm back at 167.6 this week and not thrilled. Sorry to let you all down, but still overall loss for this month, and there is this! r4hl16ojb6a1.jpg

@annabananamc, first off, congratulations for logging in for 30 days in a row! That consistency has helped you not steer very far off course! It could be that the scale in Florida was different, but travelling always seems to get us, even if it is just a temporary blip from water retention. Only one point six up, and considering the week you have had, that is a win in my book every time!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    July 26
    Pw: 200.6 ?
    Cw: 201

Great. +~3 lbs for july. Wrong way.
    I added weights back this week so maybe?
    But I do have 2 NSV. 1- my interval training has been slow but progressive. I can outlast my dog now so thats a bit annoying. 2- I have to call my dr today. I restarted this journey in December because of bad test results and was put on blood pressure meds. Now when I take my meds my blood pressure goes into the low category and is normal WITHOUT meds!

@swauters, yes, the wrong way, but this week it is only up point four, and like you said, you added weights this week! Your NSV about being able to outlast your dog is wonderful, and shows real fitness progress, but I am most impressed and happy for you that you are apparently done with your high blood pressure medication! Any time diet can replace medication is an NSV worth celebrating! I can't wait to hear what praises your doctor bestows upon you!! Keep these two positives in your mind as you work towards getting the scale back down!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Missing weigh-ins from Thursday:

@enyagoboom and @sandkp
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    On deck for Saturday:

@Jeaniece1, @LMK020202 and @SHEFITT45
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PW 170.50
    CW 174.75

+ 4.25

oh man!!! I have been so good food wise this week, I'm more than a little lost

Are you exercising lots and doing weights, in addition to calorie control? I have weeks where my weight doesn't budge (or I gain, despite IF/logging/calorie and carb restricting with daily interval training and some light weight training). Its depressing but then I put on a dress and realise it no longer fits, looking like a sack. There was a whole month before I joined this group where I didnt lose a single pound but I now realise I got significantly leaner in that month. Its likely I exchanged some fat for lean muscle and retained more water to help heal my muscles post workout. If you are exercising, this may be happening to you.

If you are not seeing it in the scales but know you have been working, try critically appraising yourself in the mirror. Try on an item of clothing you haven't worn recently. Take measurements. Im sure you will see a difference. Scales are satisfying because they (sometimes) reward our efforts with a reducing number but there are other indices of success. Focus on them right now and carry on with all the good efforts. One way or another, you will see dividends. Carrie xx
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    7/23 tues
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... no
    Under... prob not but it was our eat out day..
    Exercise:  2 plus mile walk

7/23 wed
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise: 1.5 plus mile walk,... lots of rain kept us inside hotel room vs our long swim afternoon planned.

7/24 thurs
    Travel day
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise 2 plus miles (airport miles)

And this brings an end to the college tour with my little.. 9 days ended up touring 7 schools.. we scratched one off our "own tour" because it was too big for him. We put down our feet in 4 states... 4 flights... 4 hotels...1174 specific miles driving (not including short outings for food/water)... 3 colleges made the full cut and are on the definite apply list.... probably 5 we will apply to ..one for merit compare and one fall back school. Not a bad start for this guy!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Week: Week 4
    Today: Thursday, July 25
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight: 214.4 lbs
    Current week's weight: 212.6 lbs

I was so worried about being gone most of July.
    But I seem to have done much better on the road in the month of July than I do at home. Guess I just gotta keep traveling till I meet my goal! 🤪🛫🚗🏃‍♀️
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    7/23 tues
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... no
    Under... prob not but it was our eat out day..
    Exercise:  2 plus mile walk

7/23 wed
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise: 1.5 plus mile walk,... lots of rain kept us inside hotel room vs our long swim afternoon planned.

7/24 thurs
    Travel day
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise 2 plus miles (airport miles)

And this brings an end to the college tour with my little.. 9 days ended up touring 7 schools.. we scratched one off our "own tour" because it was too big for him. We put down our feet in 4 states... 4 flights... 4 hotels...1174 specific miles driving (not including short outings for food/water)... 3 colleges made the full cut and are on the definite apply list.... probably 5 we will apply to ..one for merit compare and one fall back school. Not a bad start for this guy!

@sandkp, I can't even imagine having to go through that to decide on what schools to apply to. It is so much easier here, as there are fewer schools, and most of the best ones are within a drive from where I am. But it sounds like it went well and some decisions were made. Does this mean in the fall you will be empty nesters?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Week: Week 4
    Today: Thursday, July 25
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight: 214.4 lbs
    Current week's weight: 212.6 lbs

I was so worried about being gone most of July.
    But I seem to have done much better on the road in the month of July than I do at home. Guess I just gotta keep traveling till I meet my goal! 🤪🛫🚗🏃‍♀️

@sandkp, because you were so worried, you were consciously trying hard to make better choices, and all that walking definitely helped. I find with travelling, unless you specifically buy snacks for the car, there is less snacking between meals, and for me that can make the difference, too. Congratulations on almost two pounds lost this past week, while travelling!! Well done!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in: 120.0

Thursday mini challenge
    Tracked: mostly, I went off the deep end in the evening
    Under: Nope, see above
    Steps: 12,920
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday weigh in: 120.0

Thursday mini challenge
    Tracked: mostly, I went off the deep end in the evening
    Under: Nope, see above
    Steps: 12,920
    Exercise: 30 minute walk

@susanpiper57, another point three lost this week! Slow and steady losses each week this month have you down two point four pounds for July. Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Still looking for Friday weigh-ins from:

@Bradleys8299, @ForLangston and @murdog3t
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last chance to weigh-in for:

@Branawesomer, @mickey10111, @Krysless2 and @SHEFITT45
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    235 oh yeah 🎢sliding on down
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 7/26/19
    yes/yes/yes

one thing with all the packing, sorting and moving business - I am eating less and getting more activity!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Friday july 26
    tracked-yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes, weights and stationary bike (my legs and feet went numb so I am sure I was fun to watch when I got off)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Week 4
    Pw 136.8
    Cw 137.8

Shark week is approaching. I am still working hard but this weight loss is just not budging. So aggravating. I am extremely active and I have been trying to eat healthy, considering my activity and work schedule. I don't know what else I can do or change

@abowersgirl, I hear and feel your frustration! Have you adjusted your calorie goal since you started this journey? If you enter your current weight, and choose half a pound a week (the recommended amount when so close to goal) does it give you a lower daily goal than the one you are currently using?

No. At 2 pounds a week my goal is 1260 but at half a pound a week it shoots up to 1800. 1200 does seem too low for my activity level but 1800 seems too high. I try to balance the activity out by eating at least 1500 which seems just right for not being too low or too high. What do you think?
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS btw I tend to burn 900+ calories. My highest day being 2000 my lowest 500. After going over my daily burn my adverage is 1300-1400
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Week 4
    Pw 136.8
    Cw 137.8

Shark week is approaching. I am still working hard but this weight loss is just not budging. So aggravating. I am extremely active and I have been trying to eat healthy, considering my activity and work schedule. I don't know what else I can do or change

@abowersgirl, I hear and feel your frustration! Have you adjusted your calorie goal since you started this journey? If you enter your current weight, and choose half a pound a week (the recommended amount when so close to goal) does it give you a lower daily goal than the one you are currently using?

No. At 2 pounds a week my goal is 1260 but at half a pound a week it shoots up to 1800. 1200 does seem too low for my activity level but 1800 seems too high. I try to balance the activity out by eating at least 1500 which seems just right for not being too low or too high. What do you think?
    @HASWLRS btw I tend to burn 900+ calories. My highest day being 2000 my lowest 500. After going over my daily burn my adverage is 1300-1400

@abowersgirl, okay, this is where the whole team discovers that I am a fraud, because I don't know how to answer you. So you eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, with exercise calories burned on top of that? If you are as active as you say, then I don't personally understand why you are not losing. How do you measure your calories burned? How do you measure your food that you log?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    235 oh yeah 🎢sliding on down

@ForLangston, another pound bites the dust! Well done!! There are five weeks in the August Challenge....at a pound a week, you could be looking at the 20's by the end of the month!
This discussion has been closed.