MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Hi @Kres567 I sent you an email, I think you may have missed it.

I love this team and the people, but real life and the reality of a half and then a full marathon are catching up with me and the training schedule is getting hard, making it very difficult to keep up with all the wonderful and mazing people on here.

I need to step back for a couple of months, (no disappear, just sort of fade into the background while the training is so intense mixed with heavy work load), as I have a half marathon in 5 weeks on the 1st of September, and am running the Loch Ness Marathon on the 6th of October (10 weeks :o ). Plus, I have extra pressure as I am running it for a charity; Cancer Research.

I'll still set up the Fitbit challenges, but everyone else is welcome to do that as well, it is such an active and motivating group.
  • tess5036
    Kres567 wrote: »
    When is your surgery @Wishusdonna?

15th August now.

Fingers crossed all goes as smoothly as possible and you have a rapid and easy recovery
  • tess5036
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Monday check in
    Weigh in day- today but on vacation and have no scale, not sure what to do here!
    Calories over
    Exercise elliptical, weights, bike

I wish I could say I'm staying strong on vacation, but I'm not. I'm hoping squeezing in daily workouts will help with the damage. I really suck at moderation and being surrounded by food all the time is hard! I'm disappointed in myself, but trying not to be too down about it all.

I’m on day 3 of vacation and I’m not hitting all of the goals I set out to. Need to drink more water. The heat and humidity in Ontario is tough for water retention. I’m not eating as much crap food as I thought I might. I purposefully did not buy any baked goods and not a lot of snacks things.

Yesterday my kids paddle boarded beside me while I swam front crawl in the lake. It felt AMAZING! Hoping to do that everyday.

I’ll try to check in again tomorrow!

Sounds fantastic, swimming is so good for exercise, cardio health, and has a good calorie burn :) Great on the self control as well, baked goods can be so hard to resist, that's a definite NSV
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Hello new teammates! I registered to participate in August. Do I need to wait till 8/1 to start being active or can I go ahead and jump on in?

Hi! Jump right in, and welcome!
  • Katmary71
    Jactop wrote: »
    Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week: 5
    Previous weight: 204
    current weight 202

Way to go!
  • Katmary71
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you for the article and support, you rock!

Tuesday check-in
    Calories good so far.
    Exercise strength training, bike, and elliptical
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: under
    water: over
    Exercise: decluttering, cleaning, and packing for 8 straight hours!! :o

I worked all day long in the house getting it ready to go on the market by the end of next week. I'm sooooo tired!! But I'm getting tons of exercise and steps! :D Y'all, I have fallen in love with frozen mashed cauliflower. Seven minutes in the microwave and so delicious. Why did I wait so long to try this yummy side dish!! <3
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Week 5 Weigh In
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 234
    Current- 232

So much milage lol
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 692 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    current weight 215.5

Tuesday Check-in of week 4 July
    Food: food logged and under cals - better choices
    Water: 8!
    Exercise: I actually did what I wanted to do - wow. A walk at work and a later walk at home, nearly 11,000 steps which is a lot for me

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are better and more nutritional for me and continued less sodium (wash, rinse, repeat!)!
    Exercise: will work toward at least one walk during my office hours and then at home after battling the traffic back and before heading to my Ma's for dinner (a big salad for our standing date!)!
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

Very tired, operating on less than 6 hours of sleep (I do this to myself). Did both planned walks and am proud of myself - the reasons not to were into the hundreds (thousands) and yet - I did them both. I muttered, "Challenge accepted." and just.....did it. Looking for the same tomorrow and looking to continually challenge myself and compete against yesterday.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    tess5036 wrote: »

I love this team and the people, but real life and the reality of a half and then a full marathon are catching up with me and the training schedule is getting hard, making it very difficult to keep up with all the wonderful and mazing people on here.

I need to step back for a couple of months, (no disappear, just sort of fade into the background while the training is so intense mixed with heavy work load), as I have a half marathon in 5 weeks on the 1st of September, and am running the Loch Ness Marathon on the 6th of October (10 weeks :o ). Plus, I have extra pressure as I am running it for a charity; Cancer Research.

I'll still set up the Fitbit challenges, but everyone else is welcome to do that as well, it is such an active and motivating group.

We'll leave you in the team support section of the spreadsheet, if that's ok.?.?.?
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Tuesday

Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: first weigh in 8/2
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: 24 min stationary bike, 24 min treadmill, 29 strength training
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: goals for tomorrow is to do some yoga and swimming.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member

Where do I find this Fitbit group??

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes lots hiking and swimming
    Water yes
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Tuesday Check-in
    Food: all logged, good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: Classical Stretch session (25 min); platform stepping (63 min); martial arts (10 min)

Wednesday - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/over
    Exercise: martial arts practice (10 min); martial arts class; stretch goal - morning walk or Classical Stretch session
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    @Wishusdonna - Wow! Old Cotswald Legbars are lovely birds.
    So you guys plan to love to the country? Soon. or eventually?
    Avocado, spinach and blue egg sounds like a lovely lunch!
    It's the dream! I have an inspirational picture of a lovely house I saw for sale in a nearby village on my desk - it's out of our league, but I keep it there for when spending temptation strikes. We have a lot of repairs to do to our Victorian house before we can put it on the market. We live in the old shoemaking district of Northampton, where the factory owners built a load of terraces for their workers 120+ years ago. And my windows are that old!
    We are thinking a couple of years of graft, hard saving, a lot of borrowing, and we just might be able to move to somewhere not as pretty. But it will be worth it for the lifestyle.

Payday today so treated myself to pumpkin cake from the healthfood shop. Rest of my lunch today is mainly baby plum tomatoes, rustic French bread (made by me) with a smidgen of butter and salmon paste, loads of spinach and some seafood sticks. Thinking protein, whole grains and veg, just like I've been advised.

Last night, gorgeous dinner of salmon, homegrown potatoes, burned cabbage and parsley sauce. Thinking Sicilain sardine and fennel buccatini tonight, with pine nuts and raisins - I hope my nurse is going to be pleased with me, I'm putting some thought into this!

Yesterday, calories under, water fine, exercise 11346 steps.

• KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Exercise: martial arts practice (10 min); martial arts class; stretch goal - morning walk or Classical Stretch session

@AustinRuadhain: is that Miranda’s Classical Stretch??!! I have a collection of those CD’s and have been thinking of pulling them out of their dusty jackets!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2019
    KMD1214 wrote: »

@AustinRuadhain: is that Miranda’s Classical Stretch??!! I have a collection of those CD’s and have been thinking of pulling them out of their dusty jackets!!

@KMD1214 - Yes, it is! Our local PBS station airs her show, and I recorded a bunch of them. I don't burn a ton of calories for any given session, but it feels like a contribution to health, and the sessions don't take long.

@Wishusdonna - Your plans to move to the country sound lovely, as do your healthy meals! 🐟🍅🥖 Impressive day for steps, too! 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

@mrmcgrath - What a great day yesterday! Keep it up! 👍🏽👍🏽
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week ??
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.2
    Today's Weight: 257.0

Is this considered week 5 to finish out the month of July? I thought so, but did not include the week number above. First time I am up this month. Hard to see that number but at the same time it motivates me to push harder as we move onto the August challenge.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:205.2
    Todays Weight: 205.2

Well, I was hoping for some kind of loss but considering that I've spent the last few days painting and doing some major cleaning and packing all my muscles are sore and I know that means I'm retaining water. I've also been hitting the nuts a little too much this week and I plan to pull back and be a bit more mindful of the snacking. :)
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    tess5036 wrote: »

Hi @tess5036 - sorry I did get your email in the midst of traveling. Totally understand - sounds like you’ve got so much going on (and all good stuff which is great!) We will search for another Motivator.
    Week 5 Weigh In
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 234
    Current- 232

So much milage lol

Nice loss!!
    fleetwood1 wrote: »
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week ??
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.2
    Today's Weight: 257.0

Is this considered week 5 to finish out the month of July? I thought so, but did not include the week number above. First time I am up this month. Hard to see that number but at the same time it motivates me to push harder as we move onto the August challenge.

Yes this is the last week #5 for the month. Great attitude about your small gain!
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:205.2
    Todays Weight: 205.2

Well, I was hoping for some kind of loss but considering that I've spent the last few days painting and doing some major cleaning and packing all my muscles are sore and I know that means I'm retaining water. I've also been hitting the nuts a little too much this week and I plan to pull back and be a bit more mindful of the snacking. :)

Great job maintaining! You’ve had an amazing month!
This discussion has been closed.