TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    @shanteel612 @happy7811 great day you two!
  • mram3582
    Daily Post: 08/02 Friday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Daily goal: Don't Panic! Tomorrow-don't forget to pack a towel!
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Good Evening, Ladies!

Daily Post: 8/2

Track: Y

Calories: Y

Exercise: Y

Goals/Day/Comments: Done eating for the day! I am swimming in a little bit before my bath since it is hair washing day. Deep stretching in the pool makes muscles less sore the next day. Tomorrow is a sushi lunch!
  • JJKM73
    JJKM73 Posts: 32 Member
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track Yes
    Calories over by a smidge
    Exercise housecleaning and laundry
    Water 2.5L

We just got back from a mini vacation. I will be back at the pool tomorrow!!
  • JJKM73
    JJKM73 Posts: 32 Member
    Username JJKM73
    Weigh in day Friday
    August week 1
    Previous weight 340.4
    Current weight 338.6
  • cruise4me
    cruise4me Posts: 85 Member
    Aug 2
    Yes
    Under
    No.. not doing too good on exercise this week 😒
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Had some trouble with mfp yesterday, so, here are daily posts from yesterday and today.
    Daily post for 8/1
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, laps, treading and water aerobics

Daily post for 8/2
    Calories Yes, under
    Exercise: yes, same as 8/1
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    debbie14892
    Week: August - Week 1
    PW: 201.3
    CW: 198.2

So happy to see 200 gone, here's to never seeing that again!!

🎉 Congrats! 🎉
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Daily Post: August 2nd
    Calories: Over-- dinner at a baseball game with two cold beverages 🍺
    Exercise: 90 mins of cardio and strength training: arms
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Username: leni1us
    Week: August Week 1
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 167.7
    CW: 168.2

I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel...just going round and round. Sometimes up, sometimes down. I really need to get it together. My willpower is minuscule. If I see something I want, I just go for it. Nachos, beer, bagel. I can't do that if I want to lose weight and get healthy. How do you all do it? How do you control your cravings?

• TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Daily Post Friday, August 3rd, 2019

Calories: 1712/1910

Exercise: 89 minutes of cleaning, 29 minutes of walking with 2324 steps. Calories burnt: 843. Net Calories: 869
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Daily post: August 2
    Calories: over by 440
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    Username: tina9572

PW: 224,0
    CW: 223,3
  • mram3582
    I got everyone's weights in, but I won't be on here until late tomorrow night. I'll catch up with everyone then. Happy Saturday!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    leni1us wrote: »

I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel...just going round and round. Sometimes up, sometimes down. I really need to get it together. My willpower is minuscule. If I see something I want, I just go for it. Nachos, beer, bagel. I can't do that if I want to lose weight and get healthy. How do you all do it? How do you control your cravings?

I just try to work around them. I love sweets, especially chocolate and pastries. It was really tough for me during lunch because the place I sit is surrounded by donuts and cookies. After slipping a few times, I realized I didn't have the motivation/self-control to resist them, so I took a different approach. I started packing HUGE lunchbags. In addition to my lunch, I brought popcorn, fresh fruit, soup/chili, and herbal tea. I had to 'break' my calories a bit for this (going from 1,770 to 2,020) but I was so satisfied with the taste of the things I was eating that I wasn't worrying about the donuts and cookies.

Another craving happened with dinner. As a vegetarian, my options for takeout are limited. I love the general tso tofu down the street. Unfortunately, it's over 1,300 calories and it's not something I have the inclination or willpower to eat at reasonable portion sizes or split. So, instead I thought of an alternate solution--making my own. I've been incorporating Asian cuisine, especially stir fries and veggie-rich tofu dishes into my rotation for a few weeks now. I still have lapses but it's helped a lot.

Figure out what your alternates are for your cravings and tell yourself 'when I want ____, I will have ___' Paste it on your fridge or set a reminder to pop up during prime craving times on your phone. You'll still slip and have a bagel, beer, etc sometimes, but it might help you feel a little more in control of the whole thing :)
  • TypingToaster
    Username: TypingToaster
    Weigh in Day, Saturday
    PW: 316
    CW: 315.3
  • TypingToaster
    Daily Post Friday, August 3rd, 2019

Calories: 1712/1910

Exercise: 89 minutes of cleaning, 29 minutes of walking with 2324 steps. Calories burnt: 843. Net Calories: 869

I need to correct the calories. I discovered a few minutes ago that I input the wrong amount of food I had as I was having almost the exact same thing for lunch that I had for dinner. Calorie intake for the day yesterday turns out to actually be 1,353 calories
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Daily Post 8/3
    Track..Yes
    Cal.Under
    Exercise...3 hrs of garage/ yard cleaning and gardening.
    P.S. I think that my logging in problems have been resolved. Now back on course.
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2019
    Daily post: August 3
    Calories: even
    Exercise: 30 minute kettlebell class
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = August Week 1