WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, all!

It's a gorgeous day here, so I'm running out to my veggie garden shortly, but I'm happy to say that I think we have a new co-captain and motivator. I'm waiting for @Terytha (Amber) to confirm her interest after my rather long message explaining some of the details, hoping I didn't scare her off, and @evangsimmons170 (Rhonda) has agreed to be a motivator. We all know how these two are among our most active and interesting members - so as soon as I am certain, I'll let you know.

I'm going to have a somewhat crazy month. A musician I played with for years who went back to the UK ages ago after spending 10 years in Canada, is coming to visit with her hubby and 2 teens - it will be amazing to see her! We did some really cool shows back in the day. Then my daughter is coming home for a couple of weeks (from Alberta), my mom and brother-in-law are coming, it's my son's and mom's joint birthday, and yikes. It will be a bit of a frenzy. I never have company. Suddenly I'm having tons. We're having a memorial party/barbecue for my mother-in-law who passed away in June. We could not do it right away because my husband had shoulder replacement surgery, but it is finally happening. Then a garage sale, the 2 sons think, looking in my direction since they are hopeless at planning... So I hope I can stay sane!

@mari_moulin - SO good you're back. We always miss you when you aren't here <3 And BRAVA for staying on track with exercise even during stressful family times and visits. I'll need to follow your example this month!
    @reflectionofme - you'll get it off! push all those pounds off the cliff. burn them!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/4 8,000
    Saturday 8/3 6,162
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Terytha !! I'm thrilled. And since the other moderator I work with most is in Washington state, and Mari is in France, I am sure we'll work it all out. We swim in many timezones...

So a warm welcome to our new team big cheeses: @Terytha and @evangsimmons170 !

I'll need an email address for you so that you can edit the spreadsheets, @Terytha . Thanks!

Did someone say "big cheese"??? ;)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.ravenblackcity.com%2Fimages%2Fd%2Fdc%2FBigCheese.jpg&f=1
  • micki48
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I have been stuck in bed all day with an awful stomach bug (with frequent bathroom trips)
    I'm finally feeling a little better but scared to eat now. Any suggestions on what to eat after fasting all day?

That’s no fun. I would try broth or even chicken noodle soup with some crackers first. Keep drinking to stay hydrated. If the soup holds, then maybe some chicken and rice.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • micki48
    Options

So a warm welcome to our new team big cheeses: @Terytha and @evangsimmons170 !

Thank you both for stepping up and leading us. And also to @jugar for all you do!!!

I’m excited to have you three at the helm and looking forward to a great, motivating month.

❤️Michele
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey team. Hope you are all doing well and still crushing all those goals. I’m sorry I’ve been absent for so long. I’m still checking in and reading you all but have not been the best with commenting and encouraging etc. I will try to do better.

Needless to say that when I go MIA, it’s usually because I am not doing well on my journey. Since I’ve gotten back from holiday, we’ve had a week of guests which came with its own side of over eating and drinking.

BUT, there is one thing I am extremely proud of, I am on my final week of the C25K program. I’ve kept at it despite of the over eating and weight gain I have kept on top of my workouts. This is the first time I will ever complete the program. I think I have started it 6 or 7 times and for the first time I’ve gone all the way. 2 more workouts and I complete the program!!! I will most likely start over once I’m done as I want to improve on speed but I am so incredibly proud of my progress. I love running. Who would have thought I would be a runner. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Congrats @mari_moulin! That is so amazing that you're finishing the C25K program. I've only started it once and have refused to delete the app because I want to try again. You have definitely inspired me. As I heard Martin Lawrence say years ago, it's time to stop talkin' about it and be about it! Hats off to ya!!!! :smiley:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats @mari_moulin !!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    And congrats to @Terytha and @evangsimmons170 on your respective new roles. How exciting!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @Terytha and @evangsimmons170 on your promotions!! I know you both will do a great job and I know @jugar is happy to have the help!

@mari_moulin welcome back!! We missed you!!
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 129.5
    CW: 131.5

I know! Once again, I went the wrong direction!! BUT... vacation was vacation and at the end (this past weekend) we just went out and ate. A LOT. Home now -- and different scale (let's blame the scale, shall we?) and back to power yoga already today (haven't done it in two weeks -- was happy to be there and happy that I could make it through -- it's a workout and a half -- done in 90-95 degrees, and we MOVE! Strength, abs, balance, and wonderful poses that challenge us all.

Anyway, since we're all introducing ourselves for August, I will just add that I'm 61 years old, 5'3", spent most of my married life in the 150's - 160's (though I was at a "high" of 198 in my 20's -- so let's just call that 200! LOL! ) Did Nutri-System (got to 170 but I really hated it), did Weight Watchers (got to 150's), got married and had a baby (back to 180, then back to 150) and stayed there through it all. Started gaining right after menopause (up to 165 at one point), and had a really awful mother's day picture my son's freshman year of college -- that was 2016. Started for real on MFP in Aug. 2016 (a friend had great results on it!), got to 120 (unbelievable!!) May 2017. But this past Christmas found myself back in the 130's -- and I'm so much better (and healthier) in the 120's...so that is my goal. For a brief moment last week, I was there again.

The weight thing has been a lifelong thing for me, and I can not let go of it. I read the posts from other team members, and I just want to tell you all that it is so worth it to lose the weight. I wish I had done it earlier, but really, I'm glad to be where I am right now. Don't put it off -- make it your priority -- it's so hard, but so worth it just for everything it allows you to do. Every day. EVERY DAMN DAY.

Here we go -- August -- back to school (I still teach college @jugar !) and back to the 120's. Oh - did I mention we're back on vacation this week? A family reunion in Maine. Sigh. There will be food!! :wink: See you next Monday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    @juliemargaretkim - YES. blame the scale. You got back to power yoga and you know exactly what you need to do and why. I am so not worried. I relate well to the time you have gotten to weight loss - I was around 58 when I finally got it more under control, and I completely panic if I edge towards 130 (I'm shorter than you are!). You know how good it feels now, and all the yummy eats in the world cannot compare. Family reunion in Maine? You got this!

@SueSueDio - that is the funniest cheese picture ever. When I first saw the message, the picture had not yet loaded, so I thought you had just written "did someone say 'big cheese?'" - that was already a good little chuckle. But then the picture appeared and I cracked up. Then I wondered what kind of refrigeration these people must have. You need some serious cooling to be a big cheese like that!!

By the way, does anyone need some green beans, spinach, chard, kale, or zucchini? I'm overrun with the stuff...

HEADS UP for TUESDAY weigh-ins:
    no one!!!!

Due today:
    @tdrjustus3
    @zlauerMom

Thanks!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

@SueSueDio - that is the funniest cheese picture ever. When I first saw the message, the picture had not yet loaded, so I thought you had just written "did someone say 'big cheese?'" - that was already a good little chuckle. But then the picture appeared and I cracked up. Then I wondered what kind of refrigeration these people must have. You need some serious cooling to be a big cheese like that!!

After a bit of thought, I suspect it's a perspective thing and the cheese isn't really that huge (just held close to the camera) - but the photo amused me! :)
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps from Monday: 4249
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    PART 2 OF MODS FOOD PREPPING DISCUSSION

I FOUND THIS WEB SITE/BLOG FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT NEED A FRESH LOOK AT PREPPING MEALS
    I KNOW THAT THE SITE IS FAMILIAR TO SOME OF US HOWEVER THERE MAYBE SOME OF US THAT A NEED A JUMP START, OR A FRESH LOOK AND SOME NEW IDEAS
    SO HERE YA GO AND ENJOY GREG

https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meal-prep/
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Made some egg white sous vide bites yesterday..

l6km69qakdid.jpeg
    0mf6jckrl2lq.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    I have been in this group for a few months and LOVE IT! I have lost 6 pounds. I’m going to figure out a new small goal for myself in the near future.

I live in Western Kentucky, have three kids, three dogs (one we just got, well, she showed up), three cats and chickens. I am a stay at home mom and love it. My favorite job of all time. My husband is retired Coast Guard and now works at an office supply company. His hours are the best part since he is home for dinner and weekends off!

I do a few crafts but my relaxing time is doing dot to dots, some of them have up to 3000 dots.

I quit smoking about 7 years ago. Most people know the exact date but I don’t remember. That’s when I gained about 40 pounds and have continued to gain and haven’t lost. I am now almost 43 and want to be healthy and the smaller size as a perk. 😁

I have started MFP so many times and then quit but I truly feel with this group of people this is it, this is the time I focus and accomplish what I want!

I love this and I am so proud of you!!❤️
This discussion has been closed.