Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Gotta do some yard work today. Finish the lawn at least, maybe trim some bushes/trees.
    Get 12k steps.
    Try a beginner fat guy friendly yoga YouTube video.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've done my 500cals workout today and was going to go swimming but my husband has just got himself a Fitbit Versa and I've sent him some step challenges so now we're going for a walk. He's a bit competitive and ahead of me in our swimming challenge but way behind on steps. Anything that gets him off the sofa suits me :D
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I had to leave my bike at a local shop for repairs, and I likely won't get it back till next week. I'm sort a bummed about it.

goal for tomorrow: use one of the city bikes to get to and from work, rather than the bus! I'm glad that's an option, even though the closest station is half a mile away.
  • jjlewey
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    I had to leave my bike at a local shop for repairs, and I likely won't get it back till next week. I'm sort a bummed about it.

goal for tomorrow: use one of the city bikes to get to and from work, rather than the bus! I'm glad that's an option, even though the closest station is half a mile away.

Get R Done
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Today's goals (Sun 4th August):

> Get 8000 steps
    > Stay under maintenance
    > Write up missing days of journal/gratitude diary.

Got about 10000 steps in, I haven't completed my food log for Sunday or Monday as yet as only had a couple of hours to get home, get dinner, get ready and go out, but as I had only 1 meal of fish, prawn & veg, a light breakfast and a couple of light beers, spent most of the day rowing, I think I can confidently say I was under maintenance. Still haven't updated my diaries, spent most of the day yesterday cleaning and taking painkillers for a pulled shoulder so didn't set any goals.

Today's goals (Tues 6th August)
    > Get 5000 steps
    > Log accurately
    > Do some light yoga
    > Update diaries and food log

• jjlewey
    Options
    So my goals for today:
    1. More than 7 hours of sleep
    2. 12k steps
    3. Keep calories below 2500
    4. More than 7 hours of sleep
    5. Be Happy :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Happy Sunday!
    Gotta do some yard work today. Finish the lawn at least, maybe trim some bushes/trees.
    Get 12k steps.

How did you get on with your yoga?
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    1. Keep calories below 2000
    2. 8k steps
    3. Do something fun with my daughter this evening.
    4. In bed before 12 so I can be awake enough for a morning bike ride tomorrow.
  • jjlewey
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Get 12k steps.

Lol, almost blew an O-ring. I am so stiff, no flexibility. Thanks for asking though. Gonna try again in the next day or 2.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Get 12k steps.

Lol, almost blew an O-ring. I am so stiff, no flexibility. Thanks for asking though. Gonna try again in the next day or 2.

Even some of the beginners stuff I had to modify, I found this video pretty handy for improving flexibility, it's a mix of yoga poses and stretching. I could barely get my knee back without giving myself a cramp when I started.

https://youtu.be/yOxDeD4sPcE
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Today's goals (Tues 6th August)
    > Get 5000 steps
    > Log accurately
    > Do some light yoga
    > Update diaries and food log

Over 5200 steps at 11pm, all logging done even though it wasn't pretty (about 400 cals above maintenance), just finished writing up my journal, filling in yesterday's food log and about to do my yoga.

Tomorrow's goals (Weds 7th Aug):
    > 6000 steps
    > Log accurately
    > Take it easy at rowing - but stay active
    > Small deficit
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @merph518 She is cute.

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    @merph518 what a lovely picture, and well done on hitting your steps!
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My only goal today: Do Not order pizza for tea!!!!
  • merph518
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks!

For today:
    • Morning Jog - Couch to 5k Week 1 Day 1 (done!)
    • 8k+ steps
    • Under 2000 calories
    • Mow the lawn if I'm not too sore from jogging this morning

My hopes for a bike ride this morning were dashed when I realized I had a flat tire. I didn't let that discourage me, though -- instead I went out and tried the first workout of the Couch to 5k program again.

My first attempt was back in mid May... I couldn't quite last for the jogging intervals and I was limping for a week due to soreness afterward. Needless to say I didn't stick with it.

Today went much better! I was definitely winded at the end of the jogging intervals, but I was able to almost catch my breath before the app demanded I started jogging again. I don't feel sore yet, two hours after going out, so hopefully I'll be fine this time. I've lost 22 lbs and have been a lot more active since I tried the first time.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    amkita wrote: »

well, I used the city bikes yesterday and decided it's not going to work for me. too much of an issue with bike availability. ah well, that means extra walking this week!

today:
    -10k steps
    -walk at least partway home (~3 miles)
    -do strength exercises!
  • jjlewey
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    Thanks!

For today:
    • Morning Jog - Couch to 5k Week 1 Day 1 (done!)
    • 8k+ steps
    • Under 2000 calories
    • Mow the lawn if I'm not too sore from jogging this morning

My hopes for a bike ride this morning were dashed when I realized I had a flat tire. I didn't let that discourage me, though -- instead I went out and tried the first workout of the Couch to 5k program again.

My first attempt was back in mid May... I couldn't quite last for the jogging intervals and I was limping for a week due to soreness afterward. Needless to say I didn't stick with it.

Today went much better! I was definitely winded at the end of the jogging intervals, but I was able to almost catch my breath before the app demanded I started jogging again. I don't feel sore yet, two hours after going out, so hopefully I'll be fine this time. I've lost 22 lbs and have been a lot more active since I tried the first time.

I am interested in the couch to 5k program as well, the idea of running is intimidating still though. Maybe after some more weight loss. My next step I think will be regular bouts on the elliptical at the gym.
  • jjlewey
    Options
    My goals today:
    I know its afternoon but I am on 3rd shift so this is the start of my day.
    Grill a bunch of chicken breast for meal preps.
    Try that stretch video @tinkerbellang83 shared.
    Keep my steps and calorie goals going.
    Be happy 😋
  • merph518
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am interested in the couch to 5k program as well, the idea of running is intimidating still though. Maybe after some more weight loss. My next step I think will be regular bouts on the elliptical at the gym.

I went through the program in 2010 and it helped me go from never running seriously in my life to running a 5k. I ran two races before I got sidetracked into biking more and then falling "off the wagon" the next year.

The first week's workouts aren't too bad for just starting out.

Week 1 Day 1:
    1. 5:00 walk warmup
    2. 1:00 jog
    3. 1:30 walk
    4. Repeat steps 2-3 7 times
    5. 5:00 walk cooldown