• ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Friday, 8/9/19 yes tracking, yes calories, yes exercise

Username:ethelsmommy
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Last week weigh-in (8.3.19): 223.4 lbs
    This week weigh-in (8.10.19): 221.3 lbs

Ah, thyroid, just you wait until my scan comes back and they put me on Synthroid! I'm gonna DROP IT like I'm HOT!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 2
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 148.4
    Today’s weight: 149.4

Aug 7,
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 yoga & meditation
    Step: 8851
    Water:96oz

Aug 8
    60 yoga & meditation
    Step: 7990
    Water: 96oz

Aug 9
    60 yoga & meditation
    Step: 6665
    Water: 96oz

Sorry I have been on vacation I have been tracking my calories & exercise and having so much fun with my granddaughter I keep forgetting to post
    Back to the grind come Monday morning have a blessed weekend
    Off to the river cats baseball ⚾️ game tonight

@murdog3t, so glad you are enjoying yourself!! I am sure that pound has been worth it!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday, 8/9/19 yes tracking, yes calories, yes exercise

Username:ethelsmommy
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Last week weigh-in (8.3.19): 223.4 lbs
    This week weigh-in (8.10.19): 221.3 lbs

Ah, thyroid, just you wait until my scan comes back and they put me on Synthroid! I'm gonna DROP IT like I'm HOT!

@ethelsmommy, I don't know anything about thyroid issues, but you lost two pounds this week!! Are you saying Synthroid will make it even easier to lose weight? That's exciting!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 121.4

Thursday Mini Challenge
    Tracked: yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 10544

Friday Mini Challenge
    Under: no
    Steps: 13204

This has been a tough week for me. It was my first week back at the school I work at, finals week at the college I attend, and I have a new boss and have been given charge of several new roles, and it is all very overwhelming. I have the feeling that at work, the next couple of months are going to be rough, so I need to make sure to deal with the stress in healthy ways. Wishing everyone a good week next week!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in: 121.4

Thursday Mini Challenge
    Under: No
    Steps: 10544

Friday Mini Challenge
    Under: no
    Steps: 13204

This has been a tough week for me. It was my first week back at the school I work at, finals week at the college I attend, and I have a new boss and have been given charge of several new roles, and it is all very overwhelming. I have the feeling that at work, the next couple of months are going to be rough, so I need to make sure to deal with the stress in healthy ways. Wishing everyone a good week next week!

@susanpiper57, I have to admit, it does sound a bit overwhelming! The good news is, you didn't gain this week, and the other good news is that you are making mental notes on how to successfully navigate this new school term. It always helps to have a plan!!
  • ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS, Synthroid won't make it easier to lose weight per se; I'll still have to work double hard because of my being in midlife. But the thyroid produces the hormones that regulate your metabolic weight, heart, and digestive function. When it doesn't work properly and doesn't produce enough of those hormones, it's called hypothyroidism--the body goes into "panic mode" and hoards the weight and water in your body. Taking Synthroid to replace those missing hormones will help get the body to "let go" of the hoarded weight and water. It's hard to get an accurate diagnosis with the standard T3 and T4 tests - they have a tendency to underdiagnose how much of these hormones are missing from your bloodwork. I have had to go to an endocrinologist and have more thorough testing done to get a proper diagnosis.
  • Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

7/26: 225.6
    8/2: 224.4

8/9: 223.8

• HASWLRS
    Options

7/26: 225.6
    8/2: 224.4

8/9: 223.8

@Bradleys8299, consistently losing a little bit each week!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    August 10
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 2 mile brisk walk)
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    8/10
    Tracked yes / under yes
    Exercise yes / steps 21,109
    Water 121oz
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    8/10:
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 5 mile walk
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

First off thanks so much to @HASWLRS who always has our backs and gives the best support!

MINI CHALLENGE CATCH UP

Thurs yes/yes/yes
    Friday yes/yes/yes
    Saturday yes/yes/yes

We were driving the past two days for the move, coordinating teen with cat in his car for first long road trip, and my in my car with dog, rest stops and such I just didn't get to post, but did ok!

I even managed to get grilled trout and green beans at Cracker Barrel on our night in hotel instead of all the fried and comfort foods there!

Here at new house in FL for a few days unpacking, then off to Orlando so son can visit old friends before heading to college on Thursday. Then back in new house Monday the 19th for a long stretch unpacking and settling in.

AND trying out bike trail, park nearby, and new yoga classes!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I leave for vacation tomorrow morning. We are only gone five days this time, not two weeks!!
    (Last year we travelled a lot, so taking it easy this year!!) It's a conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia, but I think there are only five hours of meeting for the managers....the rest of the time is touring around! The highlight will be lobster in Peggy's Cove! I will get caught up with you all once I return. @pkg1998, Pam, if you are around, feel free to enter any weights that are posted. (I will be back sometime on Thursday, so it's not a dire situation by any means!)

@HASWLRS I’m here, just quietly watching while I try to get back on track with my goals. Getting ready for youngest to leave for college next weekend and using it as an excuse to not focus on my goals. No excuse really because she is very supportive of my desire to be healthier. Hopefully this last week with her will give me the boost I need. Enjoy your trip.
  • heaz10
    Options
    @HASWLRS have a great vacation!
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fri
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Sat 8/10
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes, 30 min walk around the neighborhood
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Thursday weigh-in

last week 125.8
    this week 126.8

I'm just bouncing around . . . . .
    Can't seem to get my act together. I do have a long (long for me) bike ride scheduled for Sunday with a time cut off. I'm just hoping I don't get a DNF (that's what they give you even if you finish the course but are over the time limit)

@crossmoss good luck with the bike ride!

@HASWLRS thank you, I go for an ultrasound (for the lump) on the 12th, but the doctor does not think it is anything to worry about. On a positive note my doc said I am down 12lbs since I lost saw her (it was this year) and through all the stress my blood pressure was good.

@jlbtnc, thinking of you today, and wishing you well.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sat mini challenge

Yes/yes/yes 7km run, my longest yet

Sun mini challenge

Yes/Yes/Yes 7km walk / arms resistance class / legs resistance class

Had a lovely Sunday lunch out to celebrate my OH's birthday so lots of calories (although I resisted my favourite dessert of trifle). It should have been a rest day but I did a couple of resistance classes to put me back in deficit. Feels like a win......although I'm still thinking about the trifle I didn't get to eat. It looked sooooo good 😣😂
  • heaz10
    Options
    8/21:
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 minute walk
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    August 11
    Tracking- yes