WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE
    GANG

IT HAS BEEN A CHALLENGING FOR ME THIS PAST WEEK. I HAVE STEPPED AWAY FROM THE SPREADSHEETS AS A MOD AND I AM GOING TO KEEP RECRUITING AND RUNNING THE MODS WEEKLY CHALLENGE.... I HAVE ADHD AND DYSLEXIA AND HAVE HAD THOSE SINCE I WAS YOUNG LAD. YES I TAKE MEDS FOR THEM BOTH, BUT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THOSE SPREADSHEETS WAS A CHALLENGE I DID NOT NEED.

I AM GOING TO STAY IN MY OWN LANE AND EXCEL THERE... SO IF THERE IS A TOPIC THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ME RESEARCH AND POST ABOUT THEN BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW... YOU CAN PRIVATE MESSAGE THROUGH MFP OR E-MAIL ME gregor5453@gmail.com AND I WILL RESPOND TO YOU AS SOON AS I READ IT.

THESE MOD CHALLENGES ARE MEANT TO INFORM YOU AND START A CONVERSATION BOTH IN THE MOD CHALLENGE AND ON YOUR TEAM THREAD. SO PLEASE LET'S US ALL BE PARTICIPATOR AS MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP AND CHALLENGE.

THANKS FOR YOUR DEDICATION TO YOUR JOURNEY AND TO THIS CHALLENGE AS A WHOLE.
    GREG
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    Logged : no, over
    Water: probably not enough
    Exercise: a lot of dancing
    Steps: 13,674

I went to a wedding yesterday. I think I did good with food, had no alcohol, as I was the driver 7 people, danced a lot 🙂🙂
    Had another 6k steps after midnight.
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff, thanks so much for explaining. I think I got the idea :)

I still have fever and I'm very exhausted, so I'm planning to visit the doc again tomorrow. I decided to change my diet a little while I'm sick. I continue to eat mostly fruits, veggies, soups and lighter meats, but I'll adjusted my calorie intake from negative to neutral. I'm close to my goal so it won't hurt me if I stay here for a while. And I'm not sure if it's OK for my imune sistem if I'm not getting enough calories... The funny thing is it turns out that it's very hard to reach that maintenance calorie limit by just eating such healthy foods :D Maybe I could add some nuts...

Check in for Saturday
    Food: logged and under
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 30 min light impact aerobics + 20 min walk
    Steps: 8728

Check in for Sunday
    Food: logged and intentionally a little over
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 10 min stretching + 20 min pacing at home
    Steps: 2000

Oh, and my positive self-talk for today is
    I'm a good mother
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I'm unable to weigh in today, I forgot to pack my scale and didn't get a chance to weigh in earlier and I'm on my way to the beach with family! Will be there a week, I'm REALLY bummed as I started my period righht before leaving! :( I still hope to have a really good time, HOPEFULLY! We come back mext Sunday, so hopedully I can weigh in then depending on what time we get home.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Really struggling with increasing snacks at bedtime /evening snack time. Decided to try to plan my snacks at dinner each day. Then only eat the plan. Will try this and see. Today I ate only what I logged and I am in my calories goal - now to get to sleep without more snacking. First time I have really struggled since less strict in the calorie counting - but I have already made a plan and it has only been a few days. Certain I will be back on track soon. The learning along the way will be worth it long term. #notinadiet #lifelongchange
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day.

I managed to walk 10,000 steps, drank my water and stayed within my calories.

My cold is also over, so I'm counting on this being a good week.

@cyndiesstuff: I actually have a samsung watch, which I'm very happy with, but I'm not sure that the heart rate monitor is all that accurate.

I also love your mental thinking. I'm definitely going to give that a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    Food: on plan
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: none rest day
    Steps: 5280

still not feeling well but right now i can't take time off. so i will go to work and smile. smile because i want to. and thats that. so how is everyone doing with the positive self talk? today's positive self talk for me:

Look how cute you are!! Strong beautiful and confident. Walk in like you own the place girl!!

@DananaNanas that's ok dana, sit down today and make a plan. what is your next best step?

@lennoncpa ok... that pup is the cutest little thing i have ever seen. look at those tiny legs!

Did anyone go and read the mod's challenge? eat off a red plate? what do you think?

@amytriesww ohhhh yeah girl that is a 4 pound loss this week! good job. what are you going to school for? and we would really enjoy you checking in more. it is hard to be accountable to people if you have no vested interest. so come back daily. give us 5 minutes and tell us what your doing.

@twyla77 wooooo whooooo girl. look at you go. nice week! now get busy. you can do this.

@Mrsbell8well balance and moderation. thats the key! ahhh there are a lot of keys, i am going to get a key ring to carry them all with me. at least until i become confident enough to chose the key i will need for the situation. sounds like your weekend was lovely. and skylynn is such a doll! look at the little angel. her gramma's tuckered her all out!!

@hope002 i have found that when i celebrate with dancing i lose weight. good job being the DD! you saved lives and calories.

@Moarrein ahhh and you are a good momma! and cute as a button too! and your food plan make sense. i would agree, your body needs extra healthy nutrition when you are ill.

@CassieGetsFit2013 i will get you excused cassie. you have fun on the beach in spite of you period. does it seem like your supplements are helping?

@phoebe112476 good job recognizing the increase in snacking. and the skills you have learned to lose weight are the same ones you need now to get that snacking back under control. maybe start checking in after dinner and letting us all know what your plan is. you got this tho.

@amsandos the model can be used as a planning tool. you just work it backwards. so start with the action you want to see, then what feelings do you need to produce that action, then what thoughts do you need to make those feelings. it can be used both ways, as a planning tool and as an analysis tool. keep working it. and that loss this week. woooooooo whooooo. cyndie is doing the happy dance! so super proud of you.

@ihp2015 you go girl. that is one day in your string. you keep working at it. and more that half of this weight loss project is mental. we need to let go of our faulty thinking and adopt new and healthy thinking right along with food. it is going to be a good day.

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    sxqhq69uwybo.jpg

And we are a team of losers!! look at us! we rock!!

the highest % weight loss for week 1 goes to our very own @nstephenson01

we came in second place for over all % of weight lost and total pounds lost.

and our very own @Barbb1557 came in 3rd for total pounds lost. 4.8 pounds.

Way to go team!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    bhug9dg99k5n.jpg

Today's weigh ins
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz

Tuesday's weigh in
    @phoebe112476
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    vce5hdvorxg0.png

I JUST POSTED DAY 2 OF THE MODS CHALLENGE "DID YOU KNOW"
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know#latest

POP ON OVER AND TAKE A PEAK
    GREG
This discussion has been closed.