• amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In
    Food: logged, and on track
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 7,860

Didn't get enough water today due to being out and about for most of it- I hate having to use a public restroom, haha! Doctor decided to wait to check iron levels for another 4 weeks. Apparently, it can take 6-8 weeks to raise iron levels while supplementing. If my levels are still low, we will start IV iron infusion.

Also took my daughter clothes and shoe shopping for school. What a nightmare. She's only 11 and is so picky! lol We went in 6 stores and came out with 1 pair of shoes. I don't ever want to go shopping with that kids again!

@cyndiesstuff Woooooo! Congratulations on your loss! Well deserved!

@sleepymom5 I'm so sorry to hear about your fitbit! I totally get what you're saying about wearing one on your wrist. Hopefully, you'll be like me- I have never been one to wear a watch either, but I've gotten use to wearing my Versa and I didn't think I would because I hate change! Also, hope you had a fun day with your family!

@nstephenson01 I'm sorry the scale wasn't good to you today. It feels so defeating when do our best and the scale goes up. But, regardless of what the scale says, you are one week healthier! And that's a victory!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @amytriesww I love your sweet sincere posts and all your support! Your a wonderful addition to our team.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Today was fun! I did GREAT while my family was here. Ate veggies instead of nachos and chips. Then I ruined it having ice cream after dinner. Not a lot of ice cream but I still had it when I wasn't hungry. I will check in tomorrow. I can't believe it is already Friday!

@timibotkin I heard night shift and assumed you were a nurse Lol! I remember you on nights for a bit the last time you were in the group. Night shift is tough enough without going through all you are. Maybe they can schedule your treatments right after your shift and then you can go home and rest uninterrupted? Hope being back at work isn't too bad. You are almost done for the week at least.
    @kirsten11872 What a cute name for a cute lil pup!
    @Barbb1557 What a great job staying on plan while you were out with your friend. I am not good in the heat and humidity either. Even my dog turns around when it is too hot! I am at the Jersey shore and it was actually cool and a little windy today. Not sure what was up with that but I put a sweater on!
    @nstephenson01 If you haven't been near that weight then it could be a number of other things including the muscle repair you were talking about. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will cooperate. Good plan for your lunch tomorrow. You have such a nice group of neighbors and always seem to be doing fun things.
    @Mrsbell8well You always seem to be having gourmet meals! Dinner sounded delish! I am so glad Molly has gotten into the biking too. What a nice activity to be doing together!
    @hope002 I like those IF times...Not too late in the morning but late enough at night so you don't have to worry about eating dinner too early. I hope you do well on it. Like I said, I know people who do it love it and do lose weight.
    @amytriesww I hope the supplements help raise your iron levels. I had anemia and it is draining to say the least. Mine was from my period and I got a uterine ablation and that solved it. I have been good ever since. I had to laugh about the shopping with the 11 yo story as I have 3 daughters. I can relate! Wait until prom time! Ugh! Lol! I stopped looking at prices after a while, I just wanted her to pick a damn dress! My oldest was the worst. It wasn't the lovely mother daughter time I had envisioned Lol!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    qmf2dqouvi0j.jpeg
    Nothing to do with weigh in day but it made me chuckle...
    Thursday's weigh in still due
    @ljdanny

Friday's Weigh Ins
    @Carlsoda
    @hope002
    @julie8468
    @lennoncpa
    @Pacsnc6
    @Moarrein
    @Sleepymom5
    @Timibotkin
    @McKay85

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @DananaNanas
    @kirsten11872
    @IHP2015
    @Zumba_Luvah
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Moarrein
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW: 117.5
    CW: 115.7
  • Moarrein
    Options
    So I'm there. At my goal wight and even a pound under. I thought I'd be more happy but the thing is this week loss is all due to my illness. I have no appetite and I make myself eat to at least get close to my calorie goal. These days I ate mostly healthy food. Had some sweets (but not too much) and yesterday I ordered pizza. Again didn't have too much of it. I try to walk a little and yesterday managed 10 000 steps. I don't know if I'll be able to check in daily the next 2 weeks, because I was supposed to be on vacation. It seems we won't be going. Yet I still have some hope we can figure something out.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food: on plan
    Water: 60 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
    Steps: 10077

felt really good about yesterday, on track. i really believe it's true. change your thoughts and change your life. they go hand in hand. it is hard tho. you have to be diligent. those old behaviors are alway there, just waiting for you to let down your guard. but ... they say, as time passes it becomes easier. the new healthy behaviors are stronger and the old ones are weaker. eventually, i think, they will just be gone. kinda like when i quit smoking. i don't think about cigarettes any longer. its been 15 years since i have smoked. but it took a while for the uncomfortableness to go away.

@sleepymom5 yayay you met your mini goals!! super proud of you. woooooooo whoooo!! sorry about the fitbit, you will get use to another one. isn't it crazy how we get so attached to those things? and my life is really starting to be what i want. i am creating the new cyndie, don't ya know? i like her. and remember to be very careful of the words you say to yourself. you did not ruin anything. you at off plan. analyze it. make a plan for next time. be kind and loving and move on. you actually did amazing. the pam i knew from a year ago would have ran yesterday off into a ditch. not this new lady. nope... not new pam. she is learning how to manage her urges and still enjoy company. be proud, and really notice your credit worth acts. xo

@timibotkin ohhhh man..... first of all, my prayers are going out to you. i am so sorry this is happening. i wish i could help more. sooooo, do you want to go to the cheer squad until this next round of radiation is over? you can, and i hope that you will, still come here and let us know how it's going. or you can stay here with us, just the way it is. your choice.... hugz.....

@Barbb1557 have you tried adding nuts and seeds to your diet? they will add some dense nutrition to your calories. and ohhhh my gosh, You just had an amazing NSV. you went to the bar and passed on the bar food. woooooo whooo. you need to make sure you are giving yourself credit for the things that you are changing. i mean really give yourself credit, like for 5 minutes at the end of the day, write down on the sticky note your credit worthy acts for the day, no matter how small and then post them on the bathroom mirror. then in the morning when you start your day, they will be the first thing you see. read them, and look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how proud you are of yourself because you are doing it this time.

@nstephenson01 ohhh no, and your right. exercise can cause a temporary fluctuation on the scale. oh i am glad your girls are alright. now you have a 6 month reprieve. phew..... and that is very true. you cannot out exercise your diet. i think you have a good plan for the bbq with friends, how did it go/

@Mrsbell8well wowow, it sounds like molly has jumped on the healthy train with you. that makes it so much easier to continue on your healthy life style. and emotion it does you a world of good too. to know your partner is caring for herself and you two can live a long happy life together.

@hope002 just be sure that you are still getting all your nutrition. you don't want to starve your body of the food it needs, you just want it to use the stored fat first. my only real suggestion is, try to make your first meal of the day, high in protein and have fat in it. very low carb. that way, hopefully, your body will continue to burn fat thru out the day.

@amytriesww omgosh i certainly do not miss those days of school shopping. uggghhhh.... i remember it all to well. and let me tell you, boys are not much better!! hang in there and remember ... she will be gone before you know it so love her with all her pickyness. she is just learning how to be a little human!! hugz

@Moarrein yayayayyay.. you made it to maintenanace!! super excited. that two of our team in maintenance. you will feel better soon. don't be sad. i am giving you a virtual hug. let us know if you cannot check in. and now that you have reached maintenance, do you want to move to the cheer squad with @Mrsbell8well ? it is a nice place and then you can still share how you are working it in maintenance and you can still weigh in, it just doesn't count on the team standing? let me know what you think.

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @Moarrein I’m so sorry your still feeling sick. But...you have reached your goal!!! It will sink in. It’s an emotional journey. Some days will be better than others. Hope you can enjoy your vacation. And congratulations! 🎉🎈🎊
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Who’s next???
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday
    Week 2
    pw: 163.3
    cw: 164
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 185
    Cw 189.6
  • Moarrein
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff, I think I'd better move to the cheer squad. I'm not planning on losing more weight but still want to eat healthy and keep it moving so it sounds like the perfect place for me ;)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    All my weight came back. Hopefully just from being on vacation and enjoying myself. I am back now and getting ready to head out the door to Zumba. After that I have to take my son's girlfriend to run some errands. She needs to get a new license with our address and open a new bank account so her parents can't steal her money anymore. Poor kid. Then I have to get to the store so I will be able to meal prep and i need to hose down my house, after being gone 2 weeks and leaving 2 guys by themselves, yikes. My son's gf is here and did the best she can but she's young and I don't think wants to overstep. Here's to a long weekend of playing catch up.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Friday WI
    PW 146.8
    CW 146.0
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!

I didn't check in yesterday - totally forgot. I went to the dentist first thing in the morning, had a good cleaning, high 5 from my dentist and then a cup of cold brew coffee afterwards. Drove to work and got busy busy busy for the rest of the day.

But...the last 2 days I have ate on plan, drank lots of water and got my steps in.

Today's plan is being finalized now and yoga tonight. Tomorrow we're going to a huge antique show and sale with a lot of walking so I'll do some yoga tonight so I don't deal with hip pain :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @amytriesww in the winter I sell the best cans of large deluxe mixed nuts as a member of my local Kiwanis and I can’t even buy one for myself because I can’t trust myself!! A couple of years ago I had friends over for a Christmas party and opened up a can but then I had to give one of my friends the rest of the can. 6 months later my friend was still talking about eating the nuts! I was like “ you haven’t finished those yet?! They wouldn’t have made it through the night with me!!!”
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 139.8
    Today's weight: 139.0
    Weekly Steps: 72,235
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 216.5
    CW 214.7
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    I have a group of about 10 friends that use fitbits and we do a weekly Workweek Challenge which there’s about 4 ladies that end up with like 80,000 to 100,000 steps for 5 days, so I’ve never been able to win but it is a good motivator. Anyways, yesterday I found out that the 4 top ladies will put the Fitbit on their ankles when they go bike riding which to me is a lot easier than walking.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff thanks for the advice. My usual first meal is a omelette from 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, tomatoes, half a multigrain bagel, toasted, with some feta. Them a coffee with something sweet. I guess I should eliminate the sweet 😁😁
This discussion has been closed.