TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Thank you everyone for posting your intros for September. I love this group so much and am so looking forward to breaking this STUPID plateau in September!!

Also, welcome to our newest team members ...

@helpers1 - what part of Florida? I'm originally from Orlando but have lived in Nashville for 26 years now. Prayers for safety through the hurricane! <3

@bettyhellrellclinkscales, please bookmark this thread and introduce yourself when you have a chance.

• helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    @BonnieHosk85 thanks so much.... We are on the gulf coast, so will mostly be flooding issues for us, but are still trying to recover from flooding a few weeks ago (I have two gators now living in the brush in front of my house 😳) Praying for all our friends on the Atlantic coast...
  • BonnieHosk85
    Yikes! Stay safe, Holly! Our home here in Nashville flooded in 2010. No fun, for sure!! <3

Welcome to our newest member, @cr00000! Glad to have you in the family!! :smile: Please bookmark this thread and post an introduction as soon as you can!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    allietuge wrote: »
    @Keepingtrack1234
    Whereabouts in Chicago area?

@allietuge--northwest side. :) You?
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi, I have been MIA due to a ankle injury (as good as any excuse). Fall softball is starting soon! Please start my weight at 215. robandy12345@gmail.com
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    @Keepingtrack1234

Park Ridge/Niles/Northwest side!! You??
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello team - I'm from Maryland and this is my first accountability challenge. I woke one morning and said I'm tired of seeing my weight not go anywhere - I need accountability. I would love to help motivate people in the group and get motivation from the group too!
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    cr00000 wrote: »
    Hello team - I'm from Maryland and this is my first accountability challenge. I woke one morning and said I'm tired of seeing my weight not go anywhere - I need accountability. I would love to help motivate people in the group and get motivation from the group too!

Yessss! 🙌 This is my first challenge, too! That's exactly what happened with me. A button clicked, a light bulb went off, and all of a sudden, I was OVER IT.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    @Keepingtrack1234

Park Ridge/Niles/Northwest side!! You??

South burbs.. Orland Park/Tinley Park!
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Hi Team,
    I'm Maya from Canada, Montreal. Is my 2nd month on this challenge. August was not bad , I managed to finish with the same weight I've started.But September will rock.
    Let's do this !
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 2 running sessions.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    crystalbarton31
    September Week 1
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 190.6
    I think I will stick to Sunday weigh-ins :) with my daughter starting preprimary next week, weekends will actually be less busy lol
  • BonnieHosk85
    Happy Sunday! Welcome to Week 1 for September, Gutbusters!

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

• When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we been already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you must live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
    Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: September Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in pounds
    CW: Current Weight in pounds
    • What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • Team Dynamics!
    A successful month will also include checking in each day with our team. Strive to become acquainted with everyone on the team and encourage each other in the successes and failures we will all experience. Our members are invited to post daily following the guidelines of another challenge called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). Very simple, but effective, in keeping us focused on our health goals. Please feel free to join that monthly challenge as well. @RangerRickL does a fantastic job there of keeping us motivated daily. I don’t think I’d be as far along on my journey if it wasn’t for TBL and UAC. If you’d like to participate in those guidelines, post this daily with the results.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Along with our daily check-ins, we will also have mini-challenges weekly. I do not want to be the only person coming up with these ideas so if you think of something that may be a good challenge during the week you can post the ideas on the monthly thread or send them to me privately.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?
    Just ask a question here and tag your captain (@BonnieHosk85), or your co-captain (@motis367). We do our best to reply as soon as possible. We want you to succeed as much as we want success for ourselves. If you miss your weigh-in, we will message you to remind you. Because we care. If you need to drop out for the month, just let us know. Feel free to private message us if you need to.
    1lldhniu59li.jpg

• BonnieHosk85
    This week’s mini-challenge is to choose healthy fats in your meals.

Eat good fat. Fat doesn’t make you fat, it’s the sugar and processing (especially in low-fat foods)! Choose healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, and flaxseeds as well as fatty fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel. Fat gives you energy, healthy skin and hair and supports weight loss by helping you stay full and reduce cravings for sugar. Just control your portion as 1 gram of fat has twice the calories of carbs and proteins.
    https://www.helpguide.org/articles/healthy-eating/choosing-healthy-fats.htm

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @crystalbarton31 - great loss! :star:

Please post using this template:
    Username
    September week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    allietuge
    September week 1
    PW: 167.7
    CW: 166.9
  • Hello Team Members,
    I’m Fatima, from New Jersey, 1st real challenge and i’m pumped about it! Hope we all have a very successful GutBusters September.
  • caroljayne1
    caroljayne1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello everyone, Thank you for adding me to the challenge. I'm Carol, 47 I live in the UK. I'm married with 2 grown up children and 4 grandchildren. I've been struggling with trying to lose weight so joined the challenge for some accountability! Wishing everyone a good loss for September :-)
  • Cspdb3
    Cspdb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I’m Diana 36 from Phoenix. This is my first challenge I’ve done so I’m excited for this upcoming month!
  • kellystarrn
    kellystarrn Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Kelly from Ontario, Canada. I'm brand new to MFP and excited to start my journey to better health with this challenge. My goal for this first month is to exercise, cut alcohol, and make better food and portion choices.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited September 2019
    Welcome to our newest members:
    @Cspdb3 - Hi Diana, so glad to have you join the fam!! :smile:
    @FatimaStartsAllOver - Hi Fatima. Welcome! We're glad you're here! :smile:
    @kellystarrn - Hi Kelly, glad you're with us. You'll find great support here. Be sure to check in every day! :smile:
    @Caroljayne1 - Hi Carol, you've joined a great accountability group. We're glad you're here with us! :smile:

Great loss, @allietuge! :star:
This discussion has been closed.