1293031323335»

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1.5 hours walking, 45 mins weight training, and I spent an hour cleaning my carpet downstairs...which is surprisingly exhausting.
  • AB0215
    edited August 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post: August 28th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,650 steps

Finally had THE meeting with my supervisor today. I am not getting a promotion. In fact I was given 3 options; 1 - stay at my job with no promotion, 2 - apply for a job on another work team and haggle with that manager for a salary increase or 3 - retire. Those are my 3 choices. I have given my heart to that place for 30 years and I get zero respect. Needless to say, my depression is worse. Plus my buddy at work retires on Friday. But I am hanging in there .....not turning to food.

@CindyJNC1963 That's really frustrating to say the least. I quit my last job for that exact reason, I wasn't as "popular" with management even though I was the best worker and knew the most things and management came to me for the answers because I was the only one who'd read our manual.....yet somehow everytime a promotion came up, I was passed over for someone who knew less than me but was more popular. Work shouldn't be a popularity contest and I wasn't willing to sell my soul at the time for an extra dollar, hilariously, now I work from home, make more money and have more free time and less stress, so definitely some things to consider. Maybe you can think of retiring but maybe find a part time job doing what you're doing to earn extra cash? That's probably what I'd look at doing. I think if I was in that situation I wouldn't want to stay at a place that very clearly doesn't value my contributions to the team.
    And kudos for not turning to food, that is truly an accomplishment. That is something that I STILL don't manage well when things aren't going my way.

Yes, that's the same with me. I'm not one of the popular kids so I get nothing. There is also some serious age discrimination going on. If I do retire I plan to work part time at least. I'm too young to sit at home all day.

@CindyJNC1963 I'm not too young to stay at home all day, I prefer home. lol. I sit at home all day everyday lol. Well to be fair I do work from home and I workout at home so there's that.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weight is up due to medication. Poison Ivy Ugh. Should drop next week.

@Gadgetgirl259 I didn't even know I was allergic to poison ivy until I was like 28 or 29, I had made it to that point in my life without getting it and turns out I didn't even know what it looked like and now it lives at the edge of my yard, I spray it often. poison ivy is quite literally one of the worst things I've ever had, probably 3rd only to the near death experience I had with pneumonia and my broken kneecap.
    Hang in there, in like a month you'll be good as new (it also takes me around 3-4 weeks to get rid of the rash)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exericse: walking and stretching
    Friday and a long weekend here. Planning on going to the mountains for the weekend depends on what my wife wants to do. Got a cooler that plugs in to my lighter plug so I now have enough food to last me all week. Less tempted to buy bad food in the store then. Have a great day
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Weigh in August week 4

PW: 198.6
    CW: 201

Ok, so the boys are back in school. I gave myself the summer off. But now I need to be back!

I’ve gained about 7 lbs, that’s one month of work. Today’s been a good day and I’m ready to be back at it!!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Friday, 30th August 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: very slightly over
    ✅Exercise: loads of walking

Comments: I am struggling. Really really struggling. I can't even face the scales as it feels in my body like j must have put on everything I lost. I was doing so well, and our holiday away just hit me like a tonne of bricks. I've been battling ever since. Today was good, in that I actually tracked everything. And I'm still in calorie deficit even if it's not the goal MFP puts me at. I really need to fight through this though. The summer holidays are such a wanker!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 1.5 hours walking,, 1.5 hours weight training.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Aug week 5
    PW 176.4
    CW 177.4
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 28th

Exercise: 10,650 steps

Finally had THE meeting with my supervisor today. I am not getting a promotion. In fact I was given 3 options; 1 - stay at my job with no promotion, 2 - apply for a job on another work team and haggle with that manager for a salary increase or 3 - retire. Those are my 3 choices. I have given my heart to that place for 30 years and I get zero respect. Needless to say, my depression is worse. Plus my buddy at work retires on Friday. But I am hanging in there .....not turning to food.

@CindyJNC1963 That's really frustrating to say the least. I quit my last job for that exact reason, I wasn't as "popular" with management even though I was the best worker and knew the most things and management came to me for the answers because I was the only one who'd read our manual.....yet somehow everytime a promotion came up, I was passed over for someone who knew less than me but was more popular. Work shouldn't be a popularity contest and I wasn't willing to sell my soul at the time for an extra dollar, hilariously, now I work from home, make more money and have more free time and less stress, so definitely some things to consider. Maybe you can think of retiring but maybe find a part time job doing what you're doing to earn extra cash? That's probably what I'd look at doing. I think if I was in that situation I wouldn't want to stay at a place that very clearly doesn't value my contributions to the team.
    And kudos for not turning to food, that is truly an accomplishment. That is something that I STILL don't manage well when things aren't going my way.

Yes, that's the same with me. I'm not one of the popular kids so I get nothing. There is also some serious age discrimination going on. If I do retire I plan to work part time at least. I'm too young to sit at home all day.

@CindyJNC1963 I'm not too young to stay at home all day, I prefer home. lol. I sit at home all day everyday lol. Well to be fair I do work from home and I workout at home so there's that.

Ha ha.....I should have re-phrased that to, "too young to completely retire without working at all".
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: August 31st

Exercise: 10,080 steps
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Sat
    Aug week 5
    PW 221
    CW 221
    Daily Post: August 31st
    Exercise: walking
    Going swimming today and hiking
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215
    Aug Week 5
    Saturday
    PW: 139.6 lbs
    CW: 137.0 lbs
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 281.8
    CW: 284.0
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: August 31

Exercise: 10,150 steps
  • AB0215
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **AUG Week 5**

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@CindyJNC1963.
    @Dustyspal.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 5 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @AB0215. - 1.86%
    2nd - @skrowe88. - 1.80%
    3rd - @lsjhudson. - 0.98%

And 2 of our team placed top 2 overall:
    1st - @AB0215. - 1.86%
    2nd - @skrowe88. - 1.80%

And @skrowe88 took 1st for most pounds lost this week! Awesome job!

Final Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 4.92%
    2nd - @cydneebauman. - 3.44%
    3rd - @AB0215. - 3.25%

And congrats again to @Dustyspal. for taking 3rd overall for the month!! And for most pounds lost this month as well!! Amazing!
    uohume43ad88.gif
This discussion has been closed.