Share your Numbers

Replies

• TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @NovusDies

On 7/6/19 I was 264lbs.

Should I be aiming to eat more calories then??

That is a loss of 29 pounds over 84 days. This averages to 2.41 pounds per week.

You haven't lost too fast for that long because you were losing about 1 percent of your body weight per week. It was not unsafe but considered aggressive by some.

Since your goal is 211 you can just drop to 1.5 pounds per week which means you should start eating a little more now. Based on your 12 week results you can add about 400 calories to your day.

Thank you! I’ll have to start making more of an effort when I’m at work, I do nightshift and tend to be too tired and skip meals when I get home.
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    Date Waist Weight
    11/4/2018 61 425
    11/28/2018 413.6
    12/29/2018 394.2
    1/31/2019 380.6
    2/23/2019 367.2
    3/30/2019 354.8
    4/27/2019 342.6
    5/25/2019 329.6
    6/27/2019 318.2
    7/27/2019 309.6
    8/31/2019 46 303.6

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @jim_pipkin Awesome progress!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @dhiammarath Thank you for your post about your journey of numbers - it's just what I needed to read today as I ponder my progress. You've also inspired me to start a spreadsheet because I so need another (Ha-Ha-Ha!). I might even throw in a pivot table or two, just because. Just because, because, well, it sounds like a positive action.

Thanks, again!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @hansep0012 You are welcome! I wish I had kept better data back in the early years, but it is what it is. Nowadays, I am fastidious about my data. Luckily, I have always been an every day weigher, so I have that historical daily weight data over the last 7 years.

GOOD LUCK!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    This is very interesting information.....on June l I weighed 350 and now I am at 315..... is this ok?.....I want all of this extra weight gone so badly....yesterday was day 100 logging and dieting and it was the first time I went over my calorie limit....beating myself up over it accomplished nothing....back on track today!...thank you so much for this group of fitness pals!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    This is very interesting information.....on June l I weighed 350 and now I am at 315..... is this ok?.....I want all of this extra weight gone so badly....yesterday was day 100 logging and dieting and it was the first time I went over my calorie limit....beating myself up over it accomplished nothing....back on track today!...thank you so much for this group of fitness pals!

@conniewilkins56

June 11 was 76 days ago

You have lost 35 pounds since then at an average weekly rate of 3.22 pounds per week.
    This means you have created an average daily deficit of 1612 calories.

I would seriously consider slowing that down a little now. I know you want it off quickly but remember you will be doing this for quite some time and supplying your body with ample nutrition is important too. I also recommend that you get regular blood work done if you are not already.

It was about at your weight that I dropped to 2.75 pounds per week for my rate of loss. This would mean that you add 250 calories per day to your eating. Basically the 100 calories you thought you were over yesterday was still 150 too low. lol

I stayed at 2.75 until I reached 285 and then I dropped to 2.5. I always stayed just slightly under the 1 percent rule which is still aggressive but only moderately.
  • conniewilkins56
    Thank you!
  • conniewilkins56
    I am sorry but I misquoted my loss......may 28 I weighed 350 now I way 315 which I have weighed for ten days.....does this change the calculations?....thanks so much for helping me with this!
  • NovusDies
    I am sorry but I misquoted my loss......may 28 I weighed 350 now I way 315 which I have weighed for ten days.....does this change the calculations?....thanks so much for helping me with this!

Yes. That makes a pretty big difference.

35 pounds in a nice even 100 days is a weekly loss of 2.45 pounds per week which makes you have an average daily deficit of 1225.

That is a solid rate of loss for your weight so you can continue at it if it is easy for you or drop back to 2 pounds a week which will give you 150-200 more calories to eat per day for now.

I am really happy to help you with this. Managing yourself while you lose weight is very important and the numbers help guide you.

If you decide to change your calories in about a month post a request for your numbers to be checked again. It may not be me doing them because I will be newly post-op but I am confident someone here will crunch them for you.
  • conniewilkins56
    Thank you and best wishes for your surgery.....I worry about a lot of excess skin because I am 68 and have had numerous operations and two knee replacements five years ago....at this age I think I will opt for a very long “ hold me all in girdle” lol.....I am tall and carry most of my weight in my legs and arms so I conceal a lot of my pounds....and my face is nice and tight with very few wrinkles so I hate to think about looking like a saggy prune!....seriously I do not know why it took me this long to decide to be serious about losing weight.....I am in very good health but I know the extra weight is getting harder on my heart,etc....
  • conniewilkins56
    Thanks again and best wishes for your upcoming surgery...at my age of 68 I worry about a lot of excess skin...I have had two knee replacements but I am in good health...I know the weight will begin to wear my heart and other organs down....I don’t know why it has taken me so long to realize I need to get this weight off....being tall and large framed, I carry most of my weight in my legs and arms and have always been able to conceal a lot of pounds....thanks again!
  • conniewilkins56
    Thanks!
  • conniewilkins56
    Lol....there was a glitch and it kept posting!.....sorry
  • NovusDies
    Thank you and best wishes for your surgery.....I worry about a lot of excess skin because I am 68 and have had numerous operations and two knee replacements five years ago....at this age I think I will opt for a very long “ hold me all in girdle” lol.....I am tall and carry most of my weight in my legs and arms so I conceal a lot of my pounds....and my face is nice and tight with very few wrinkles so I hate to think about looking like a saggy prune!....seriously I do not know why it took me this long to decide to be serious about losing weight.....I am in very good health but I know the extra weight is getting harder on my heart,etc....

I think everyone would like to know why it has taken us so long.

You are well on your way. 35 pounds in 100 days is a great accomplishment.

If the amount of loose skin made a person an expert I would certainly be one but it doesn't work that way. I am not sure the fear is whether or not you may have some it is that it won't tighten over time. Sounds like you have good quality skin so you may be fine. But again... not an expert.
  • TwinThompson
    Weigh day.... I gained 6lbs.
    Now I’m not freaking out. I’ve had an extremely unhealthy week, meal out, two takeaways, fizzy drinks, lots of cake! And I’ve done nowhere near as much exercise as normal.
    I got the weight off once, I’ll do it again! This is the first gain since I started and I’ve really gone for it 😳
  • NovusDies
    Now I’m not freaking out. I’ve had an extremely unhealthy week, meal out, two takeaways, fizzy drinks, lots of cake! And I’ve done nowhere near as much exercise as normal.
    I got the weight off once, I’ll do it again! This is the first gain since I started and I’ve really gone for it 😳

Most of that will be water weight so it is good that you are being calm about it. To gain 6 pounds of actual fat you would have needed to eat a minimum of 21,000 calories above maintenance.

Also at your previous rate of loss it was probably a good idea to have at least a maintenance week and you apparently did a little more than that. :wink: Your BMR has most likely reset back to normal and which means you will lose weight more efficiently for a period of time.
  • TwinThompson

Most of that will be water weight so it is good that you are being calm about it. To gain 6 pounds of actual fat you would have needed to eat a minimum of 21,000 calories above maintenance.

Also at your previous rate of loss it was probably a good idea to have at least a maintenance week and you apparently did a little more than that. :wink: Your BMR has most likely reset back to normal and which means you will lose weight more efficiently for a period of time.

I did it all for my BMR 😂😂
    On a serious note, I really don’t like how I feel after all the junk food, I’m glad to be back to a healthier diet

• NovusDies

I did it all for my BMR 😂😂
    On a serious note, I really don’t like how I feel after all the junk food, I’m glad to be back to a healthier diet

I know... I might try too hard to put a positive spin on things. I guess I might be overcompensating for all the negative ways I approached my many past failures. However, I do think it is a good thing that you no longer desire eating without a limit in mind. It is a lesson I learn, then forget sometimes, then re-learn again.

You mean all the 'treat' food though, right? :wink: