WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I saw this pic on the week 1 F2F Challenge thread and thought it was too good not to share, if you haven't seen it already:

dp4mad5cug7j.png

@evangsimmons170 That’s a great graphic. Saw it over on the other thread too and liked it. I am a growth mindset in most things. I am mostly growth mindset in this group. I especially learn from others success here. I think the taking on the challenge part is hard for me because I am not competitive so I don’t have this need to “win”. That being said, I KNOW goals are important and even if we don’t achieve them all, they still help us and keep us closer to the right path. Thanks for sharing. Which are you? As an educator, I think I know. 😉
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    Week 1
    PW 328.2
    CW 326.4
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 and @twinkle150 - GREAT losses, both of you! And Rhonda, I'm kinda glad you burned your mouth (as you probably, sort of, might be) - and got your feeling of eating less back! Sometimes we hurt ourselves for a reason, I swear.

And @micki48 you are still in the ONE hundreds! You know what to do to stay there, right? After your long plateau you are there, and can get it moving again. I want to smell the smoke from you burning then next paper rings next week, ok?

And thanks for the graphic. I'm not sure I agree that a positive or constructive mindset is necessarily a prerequisite to making progress. Action is. Even when your mindset is terrible some days, forcing yourself to just do it is not only possible, but THAT is what changes the mindset, not the other way around. Great topic for discussion - dive in, everyone!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey team sorry I've been MIA. Weekends, as usual get a little crazy. I've been skimming through the thread very quickly and just wanted to say
    @leni1us I'm so sorry to hear that. That must be incredibly difficult. I'm glad you got checked out early and hope all goes well for you. You're in my thoughts...
    @jugar I love what you said about finding a foodstyle. Lifestyle changes sounds so difficult but this somehow makes it sound more do-able. I shall be using that...
    Have a great week everyone.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Not wearing Fitbit today. Charging and I forgot. Just spent 2 and 1/2 hours in the garden working. I’m sure much of it was peak or cardio. I am dead. And dirty and sweaty. Going to shower. Yes, Lisalyn, I earned it for sure. Then downtown for some live folk music. And eat. I forgot to eat lunch! So I was burning those calories off a mid day fast. Lol

@Terytha I’m going to estimate my steps at 10,000 today.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    PW: 284
    CW: 285.8
    Monday
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm having a weird day! Eating grains, and even a thing made of flour - I don't do that often, but once in a while. And I got a brand new gas stove and just HAD to try out the oven, right? Gluten free zucchini bread and muffins. They're way too good, and the new oven baked them to perfection. Zucchini from the garden - does that remove some of the extra calories? Probably not, sadly. AND I had a cheese bread stick thingy. Shopping while hungry :|

Salad for dinner, also from the garden (kale, red cabbage). And I'm about to try a somewhat intense looking shoulder workout after practicing (flute) and finding that some of my shoulder strength is fading. Can't let it!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Weigh in Saturday: still 227.2.

I'm stuck. But that's ok. Yesterday was a really bad day for various reasons, and I thought today would be worse. This week my doctor should have my blood test and xray results so maybe I'll get some answers. Fingers crossed. :/

I hope you get good results too, @Terytha. Are you feeling better yet?

Honestly, not really. I'm over the stomach flu at least, but still dealing with all the same problems as before. So I really hope I get answers soon.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @leni1us thinking about you and praying for a good outcome. So glad they caught it early!!

@Terytha hoping you get answers soon!! I’m sure not knowing what’s going on makes things even worse. Hope they can get to the bottom of it and figure out a course of treatment soon!!

Thanks for sharing the graphic. I think I’m a little bit of both. All mixed up LOL!!
    Hope you all have a great week! I sure hope mine is better after gaining this week. Like @micki48 said up and down and up again. Getting there but it’s really slow!!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

@evangsimmons170 That’s a great graphic. Saw it over on the other thread too and liked it. I am a growth mindset in most things. I am mostly growth mindset in this group. I especially learn from others success here. I think the taking on the challenge part is hard for me because I am not competitive so I don’t have this need to “win”. That being said, I KNOW goals are important and even if we don’t achieve them all, they still help us and keep us closer to the right path. Thanks for sharing. Which are you? As an educator, I think I know. 😉

You probably guessed right, @micki48. I have a growth mindset. I equate a fixed mindset to being stuck, and that's something I never want to be again.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170 and @twinkle150 - GREAT losses, both of you! And Rhonda, I'm kinda glad you burned your mouth (as you probably, sort of, might be) - and got your feeling of eating less back! Sometimes we hurt ourselves for a reason, I swear.

And @micki48 you are still in the ONE hundreds! You know what to do to stay there, right? After your long plateau you are there, and can get it moving again. I want to smell the smoke from you burning then next paper rings next week, ok?

And thanks for the graphic. I'm not sure I agree that a positive or constructive mindset is necessarily a prerequisite to making progress. Action is. Even when your mindset is terrible some days, forcing yourself to just do it is not only possible, but THAT is what changes the mindset, not the other way around. Great topic for discussion - dive in, everyone!

@jugar I think you're right too. Nothing replaces action. If Nike never comes up with another slogan, their 'Just Do It" transcends so many facets of life.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    7f0yvfay0m2m.png
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha - do you have a weigh-in for today?
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Well, the medical issues I mentioned a few days ago are a bit worse than I thought. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. Sorry team.

I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone go through this before? I'd love to hear your stories.
    Oh my dear - this sounds scary indeed. We will keep you on the support team for as long as it takes, and you are ALWAYS welcome to come in and post about what you are going through, to tell us stories about the new team that will be working with you to help get you well, or anything else. I have not experienced breast cancer myself, but one of my best friends had a serious bout when she was in her early 40s. She had all the surgeries and treatments, and has been strong and healthy ever since - almost 15 years now. I am sure you will have a great medical team working with you, and your family might be scared, but they will be right there with you too. If you need a kind of "anonymous" place to vent and get support - you can always come here. You are in our hearts.
    Well, the medical issues I mentioned a few days ago are a bit worse than I thought. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. Sorry team.

I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone go through this before? I'd love to hear your stories.
    Oh my dear - this sounds scary indeed. We will keep you on the support team for as long as it takes, and you are ALWAYS welcome to come in and post about what you are going through, to tell us stories about the new team that will be working with you to help get you well, or anything else. I have not experienced breast cancer myself, but one of my best friends had a serious bout when she was in her early 40s. She had all the surgeries and treatments, and has been strong and healthy ever since - almost 15 years now. I am sure you will have a great medical team working with you, and your family might be scared, but they will be right there with you too. If you need a kind of "anonymous" place to vent and get support - you can always come here. You are in our hearts.

Thank you. My mom had cancer at 70. She's now 87 and still with us. That's why I go in for a mammogram every year. It was caught early so, I hope I get good news next week. That it can be handled through surgery and radiation treatments. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I've been really struggling with medical issues recently and my focus has not been on what I eat. I really need to "reel it in" and get back to healthy eating. I'be put on a few lbs (I can feel it) and I don't want to head back down that slippery slope. I would love to join in on the step challenge again. I love the accountability and the need to come back here and post.

@leni1us I hope your medical issues will be resolved soon in a good way. Don't lose hope. Every day is a new day to win a victory! You got this! :smile:

I saw your other post from earlier this morning after I read the one above. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is scary, but I'm so glad they caught it early. Keep fighting.

I'm not giving up. I'm ready for a fight if I have to. Thank you for your good thoughts. I'll gladly take them.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Yep, my last post. I'm the same as last time: 227.2. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Yep, my last post. I'm the same as last time: 227.2. :)

how did I miss that? Sorry - hope you feel better SOOOOOON. You know what? I'm going to get to meet you the next time I fly into Edmonton. I have to figure out when that will be but I'll let you know :)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK ONE TALLIES ARE IN BOOKS AND HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

if6q82wtxrjy.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

mv1eztttn8uv.png
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.34%
    INDIVIDUAL % @buniphuphu 4.50%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 15.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 11.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 52.4 POUNDS OR 0.20% !!!!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.34%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.25%
    3rd Trimstones 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 15.2
    2nd Workout Warriors 11.9
    3rd Trimstones 9.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @buniphuphu 4.50%
    2nd @SaraMakingChanges 2.63%
    3rd @raleighgirl09 2.27%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 11.8
    2nd @SaraMakingChanges 4.8
    3rd @raleighgirl09 5.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @DreaRN15
    @SLIMN2016
    @SarahGilfach
    @kdv12
    @megnolia82
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @MARNIsw
    @Pearl4686
    @iamworthy14

• jugar
    Options
    Good Morning all, and welcome to WEEK 2.

For week 1 our top 3 weight loss champs are:
    @Pearl4686
    @cory17
    @marieamethyst
    All 3 of you had a great week - remember what you did and repeat often!

As a team, we did indeed lose weight this week (8 pounds total), and our discussions and posts have been interesting, including when there are frustrations or difficulties. Some of you are struggling with illness, and I truly appreciate that you come in to support your teammates and get some support in return. Thanks to all of you for being there <3

I had kind of a free day yesterday, but did get my goals of no alcohol, logging, and exercise. It wasn't quite shower-worthy exercise, but it was hard. My shoulders and wrists need some work!

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone. What are your goals for the week? What actions are you going to take starting today?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    y97wec0avrhi.png
    PART1
    WE THOUGHT WE WOULD CHALLENGE YOU TO BRING OUT AND DISPLAY YOUR VERY BEST MOTIVATION SCENARIO
    WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED????
    PART2 BRING THE FUNNY
This discussion has been closed.